Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What People Say Behind Your Back Sometimes I Swear
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 02:16 AM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I just got home from going out to lunch with my best friend and we ran into this guy that I used to know and worked with a long long time ago. He said he heard I got fired from my job at the music store (this was about a year ago) and just out of curiosity I asked him why I got fired. I know why I got fired and the total bs that backs that story up but I wanted to hear it from someone that had heard it from the people who I worked with. So what he said he was told was that I was fired because I was lazy and not doing my job, I sat in the backroom half the time doing nothing, and I started just not showing up for scheduled shifts that I was called in for. The lazy thing I expected and the backroom thing I expected as well. The not showing up and not calling in though I didn't expect at all. I never have done that, nor would I ever do that. They said I was being lazy at the store because I didn't finish 3 times the work anyone else was expected to finish. They said I was in the backroom all the time because I was the one who was told to check in and process all shipments, as well as keeping the mounds of paperwork and books up to date. To do those things yes I had to be in back all the time. That was stuff I remember hearing then and I always won the arguments over it because I was justly back there. However me not calling in totally baffles me. I wonder if I should sue for slander on the part of my former co-worker?

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 3 2003, 02:20 AM
Post #2

I forgot my socks

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 417

Ugh, I know how that goes. Sorry to hear your old coworkers are spreading a load of BS through the rumor mill. *Hugs*

I got fired from a job once because of a huge situation caused by an insecure manager deciding she didn't like me since I had more experience than her (not to mention a better personality)....the end result was that, the year after I was fired, I went back to my old workplace when in town and heard from those still there that I was fired for a slew of other reasons, down to "getting it on with a customer in the walk-in cooler".....needless to say, I was a little mifffed.

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 3 2003, 02:24 AM
Post #3

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

There is absolutely nothing that crawls under my skin more than someone saying rude things about me to someone else behind my back. Especially when it's to a friend and I have to find out that way. I understand what you mean, Lo. It's that sort of thing that can completely irk a person to death, huh?

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 02:25 AM
Post #4

Kiefer > Jason

Hey the actual reason you got fired and I got fired are very similar!

My boss was threatened because I had much more experience than he did, I could run the store better than he could, I was a woman, and the fact that the staff liked me. Well of course until I got the two morons underneath me who wanted my job and started a slander campaign to get me fired. Laura doesn't do customer service at all yet she somehow manages to score 110% on a secret shopper score? Laura doesn't do any work, yet 75% of the work finished was done on my shifts. Laura doesn't know what she's doing, yet they have me train my own replacement, and the manager was so ill-equipped to manage the store that a couple of months after my termination he fell so far behind that he had to quit before he was fired.

I wonder if I was doing anything with customers. hmmmmmm. The call in thing is funny, but in the same time completely and totally confusing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 3 2003, 02:34 AM
Post #5

I forgot my socks

Doing things with customers (or, more often, coworkers) seems to be one of the more popular slanders to staple to someone when they get fired.

Although...I do know at least two people who were fired for actually DOING those things, so maybe there's a reason it's so popular....lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 02:35 AM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 2 2003, 06:43 PM)
Doing things with customers (or, more often, coworkers) seems to be one of the more popular slanders to staple to someone when they get fired.

I don't think any of my co-workers would have wanted to admit, let alone be stamped with having relations with me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 3 2003, 02:38 AM
Post #7

I forgot my socks

yeah, but there's always the customers! *nudge nudge wink wink*
*chuckles*

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 02:42 AM
Post #8

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 2 2003, 06:47 PM)
yeah, but there's always the customers! *nudge nudge wink wink*
*chuckles*

yeah I'll probably have done the nasty with a mall rat or something. **shutters**

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 3 2003, 02:48 AM
Post #9

I forgot my socks

ugghhhhh.....*shudders along*

I unfortunately used to be mall security for a short time....mall rats....they're Ped Rats with no style and too much frigging money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 02:51 AM
Post #10

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 2 2003, 06:57 PM)
ugghhhhh.....*shudders along*

I unfortunately used to be mall security for a short time....mall rats....they're Ped Rats with no style and too much frigging money.

or too much friggin time. If you wanted to get shunned by the mall employee community at this place you dated a mall rat or associated with one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Oct 3 2003, 02:54 AM
Post #11

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

Gah, just more evidence that proves that real people suck!

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 3 2003, 02:56 AM
Post #12

I forgot my socks

*chuckle* it's kinda funny...the reason they initially hired me was because I knew many of the mall rats (from when they tried and failed at being ped rats), and they respected me for some odd reason...so Mall Security figured I'd be good at herding them around.

Then again, apparently I was too good at it, since they fired me for "not supporting the good image of mall security". (Apparently, having all the store owners tell you you're their favorite security guard because you have a sense of humor and you're nice to them is a grievous act of misconduct)

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 02:58 AM
Post #13

Kiefer > Jason

dude is that the same job or a different one? We had a stigma against mall security in our mall too. They just barely ranked above mall rats. lol Of course ours were filled with total pions, which I know you're not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 02:59 AM
Post #14

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Oni Usagi @ Oct 2 2003, 07:03 PM)
Gah, just more evidence that proves that real people suck!

too true. Real people do suck. That's why I find solace in internet people. We have to do what Commie suggested in chat earlier, which is have a Matazone commune. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 3 2003, 03:00 AM
Post #15

I forgot my socks

yeah, they didn't like that much wink.gif Mall securities around the world seem to have the wrong idea on how to do their job, I swear....I mean, shouldn't the people running the stores like and respect their security guards? *shrug* I dunno.

Nice to know nothing changes, no matter where you are wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 3 2003, 03:03 AM
Post #16

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Oct 2 2003, 07:09 PM)
yeah, they didn't like that much wink.gif Mall securities around the world seem to have the wrong idea on how to do their job, I swear....I mean, shouldn't the people running the stores like and respect their security guards? *shrug* I dunno.

Nice to know nothing changes, no matter where you are wink.gif

I think we might have appreciated our security guards if they actually did something more than go around and flirt with all the girls in the different stores. A gang fight by our store, who breaks it up? the mall manager. A shop lifter runs out with merchandise, who gets the? the employee if they can manage to rangle them back in without touching.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:21 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!