Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Noobs Are Leaving
kidvicious2punk
post Oct 4 2003, 12:27 AM
Post #1

word

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 359

just thot i'd bring up that very few noobs end up staying with us...

if theres anything we as a forumite family can do to help you want to stay,just ask

im sure we'll all be willing to help because we want you to stay because we need some new kindered spirits and excited new faces!

so once again,if youre having any trouble:

.consult an elder(heh,we call the ppl who have been around for a while elders)
.check up where the pinned topics are because they have some good stuff
.if you ABSOLUTELY need to,ask mata
.post a thread if you feel its really important orthat you need the opions of many ppl

hope this helps!

-mel

(hey,i feel old now..lol)

--------------------
salviadivinorum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 4 2003, 04:21 AM
Post #2

Ai Ravana-hime

Group: New Members
Member No.: 421

I'm sure some of it has to do with people just kind of casually joining and not really getting into it. Happens on a few forums actually. Just people interested in the main site so they sign up for the forums and then never really do anything with it. I have done that to Missy's forums sad.gif But anyway, that's probably a cause. Random bickering probably doesn't help either.

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 4 2003, 04:33 AM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Kid this has happened since the forums inception. The adopt a noob program I think helped to get some to stay until it turned into a competition.

I think what it is is like what Aries says. People casually join for whatever reason, they like the main page, a friend tells them about it, or they just randomly run into it. They either find it's not their schtick or they just don't really get into it. The only thing anyone can really do is just continue trying to be nice to new people on the forums and hope that they stay.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 4 2003, 04:42 AM
Post #4

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

Maybe it would help if I would stop sending threatening PMs to all of the noobs their first day...? laugh.gif JJ

I think everyone does a pretty good job of welcoming people who post in the introduction forum.... I tend to miss welcoming quite a few people, and I'm late with some of them who I do welcome.... unsure.gif But, most people get pretty good welcomes from the forum in general. Hopefully, it is just the typical thing that happens to all forums, and it isn't anything personal against us... lol

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Oct 4 2003, 10:11 AM
Post #5

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

there's a single forum WITHOUT a massive amount of noobs that don't post? huh.gif

but anyways: i think our adoption programs, along with those random 'take back the noobs' campaigns we used to have laugh.gif has helped a lot. this place really is one of the nicest forums out there towards noobs and i honestly doubt we could do any more for (except spamming them until they join, but i doubt THAT'D help laugh.gif )

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Oct 4 2003, 11:14 AM
Post #6

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

I'm not too concerned about the lack of serious n00bs joining. We need committed, serious folk to keep the bloodline pure! The uber-poster race must be preserved!
Seriously though, it's not such a huge problem. I would rather keep numbers down than let members swarm like rats on so many corpulent bodies.
Low numbers made Matazone what it is, so let's not get too concerned. I reckon we can find a balance between the number of n00bs arriving and the number of people leaving (eg Goddess of Wheee, etc).

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Oct 4 2003, 04:53 PM
Post #7

word

Member No.: 359

yah like when i first joine i posted once then came back like months later....

i guess the whole thing could be a bit intimidating to a n00b

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Oct 5 2003, 11:38 PM
Post #8

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 4 2003, 04:42 AM)
The adopt a noob program I think helped to get some to stay until it turned into a competition.

Well, that was my intention when I started it, and I hope it has helped to get some more people making the leap from joining to the first few posts. It's just a shame that the Pokemon mentality I advised against became so rife... Ah, well...

But still, lots of people will still leave. Of the 90 who joined before me, how many do you think are still posting? You wouldn't need more than two handsworth of fingers to count them...

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 6 2003, 12:26 AM
Post #9

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Oct 5 2003, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 4 2003, 04:42 AM)
The adopt a noob program I think helped to get some to stay until it turned into a competition.

Well, that was my intention when I started it, and I hope it has helped to get some more people making the leap from joining to the first few posts. It's just a shame that the Pokemon mentality I advised against became so rife... Ah, well...

But still, lots of people will still leave. Of the 90 who joined before me, how many do you think are still posting? You wouldn't need more than two handsworth of fingers to count them...

im still here, and thats all that matters. lol jk

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
VVes
post Oct 7 2003, 03:52 PM
Post #10

iHuman

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 5 2003, 06:35 PM)
im still here, and thats all that matters. lol jk

.::::.yeshh...your nanners are uberlishush.::::.

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 08:02 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!