IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Omfg!111 Best. Day. Evar!, Feel the sarcasm people.
Prince Aries
post Oct 8 2003, 03:46 AM
Post #1

Ai Ravana-hime

Group: New Members
Member No.: 421

So here was my wonderful day. I was almost late for work because the road I have to drive on to get to work was closed ALL the way towards the end, so I had to backtrack. As I'm turning around to do this, some weirdo woman tries getting into my car forcibly so I have to speed off to avoid this.
Whatever illness I seem to have is kicking into overdrive today. I was lightheaded and dizzy all day long and completely fatigued. I could barely lift ANYTHING. So of course, today is the day that the Iowa Food Stamp card machines go down. So whenever a customer tries to use them and cant because of the computer, they leave all their groceries. Which meant I would have to leave my register and put these hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of groceries away. I was also doing carryouts (helping customers take out big heavy things to their cars) this wore me out as well. I also was running a fever. All of this resulted in my passing out at my counter and being sent home. So after digging through my car to find money to put into my gas tank so I can make it home (gotta take that long way) I FINALLY make it home. Just in time to find out that theres a lot of unpaid utilities at this house from before I lived here. The waters already been shut off and the electricity goes on Friday. The total for these bills is well over $1000. Thank goodness I get paid Thursday so I can pay these peoples back bills. Go me.

Also, in addition to the illness....and this is quasi personal info, if you get offended easily please leave now.

Ever walked so much that your legs chaffed? Mine are doing that. And so are my.....bits and pieces. Theres a sizable gash on my....uh....(trying to find acceptable term here) manly bits. Not the shaft, the OTHER thing. Least it stopped bleeding. No friggen idea how THAT happened, but it did.

So anyway thats my day. I feel like crap, and it's probably pneumonia. Can't afford doctors so I have to wait it out. I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm cut, I'm 5 seconds away from going postal laugh.gif

There just had to vent happy.gif

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 8 2003, 03:54 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

/me hugs aries. I love ya no matter what kind of chaffing you have going. tongue.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 8 2003, 03:56 AM
Post #3

Ai Ravana-hime

Lo.....just you wait for the Meet and *THEN* I shall show *YOU* chaffing! laugh.gif

But on a serious note, thanks Lo aka Satine.

/me huggles Lo tightly like

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Oct 8 2003, 04:21 AM
Post #4

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 408

gah, you should probibly tke a couple of days off to uh... become... uhh... un chaffed.

but i love you!

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Oct 8 2003, 04:30 AM
Post #5

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

wow crudy day.

Say how come the power and water arent in your name. I dont think they can make you pay other peoples bills. You should take the people that lived there before you to peoples court, one of them television ones. Atleast that would get you a day or so off work.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 8 2003, 04:51 AM
Post #6

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

aawwwwwww sad.gif That's definitely a rotten day! I hope that you start feeling better soon. Get lots and lots of rest--as much as possible anyways. *Hugs*

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 8 2003, 04:54 AM
Post #7

Ai Ravana-hime

Problem is, if I dont help pay them, well I lose these utilities too. So there goes the computer and there goes doing just about ANYTHING in here (my room is pretty much the attic and theres only ONE light in there....no power means no seeing in there) so I have to help pay. Oh well. Things shall get better in due time smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Oct 8 2003, 11:35 AM
Post #8

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

Whoo... Sounds like a proper craptastic day there, fella. You have my sympathies...

I've had similar problems with at least two of the things you're suffering. My first flat in Bangor turned out to have nigh-on 100 of unpaid phonebills which we, as men with strong principles (not lazy, cheap stoners, oh no..), refused to pay. Never did get that bugger re-connected dry.gif

And the other... well... I just recommend a course of loose, comfy underwear, some kind of soothing/moisturising cream, and some padded dressing for the worst bits. And try and spend as much time naked with your legs akimbo as is humanly possible. Always a pleasure, never a chore... wink.gif

Hope it all gets better soon.

*muchus huggus*

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 8 2003, 11:52 AM
Post #9

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Your sympathy is in the mail. Please allow 4-5 working weeks for delivery.

Teh suck, Aries. Sounds like somebody needs a hug happy.gif

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Oct 8 2003, 04:01 PM
Post #10

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

Chuffing Nora! Chafed old fella does not sound like a barrel of fun-pigs.

As a wise man once said - "crap loads of crap"

Take Inky's advice - sit with your pins spread - Dr Jonman also prescribes large amounts of videogames and trashy movies and comfy duvets. If possible, get some lovely young thing to fetch you ice cream and cups of tea.

And no bedroom antics till it's healed, washed and polished until you can see your reflection in it, y'hear?

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Oct 8 2003, 05:37 PM
Post #11

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (Jonman @ Oct 8 2003, 04:10 PM)
Dr Jonman also prescribes large amounts of videogames and trashy movies and comfy duvets. If possible, get some lovely young thing to fetch you ice cream and cups of tea.

I second that. What better way is there to cheer you up than some games? happy.gif

Sucky day......but you know what they always say: Somethings gotta give. smile.gif

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Oct 8 2003, 05:59 PM
Post #12

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Ya that chaffing thing sounds pretty crappy, trust me even being female aint much help either, we get it too tongue.gif

As for your overall health, sounds like some well rounded bed rest is in order. Once you find out the problem with you, and see a doctor. Waiting it out might not be the best way but I guess if you're strapped fer cash its understandable.

Hope you get well soon big brother. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 8 2003, 06:42 PM
Post #13

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

My Aries!!!

*Hugs* ;_; Those mean people made you work with a fever for that long? Ungh, I guess that's life. But geez.. someone should have alerted you about the bills. I'm REALLY sorry to hear all that.. but like everyone's already posted, we love you and your chaffed manly parts.

Much luck, meh Prince/ss

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 9 2003, 01:44 AM
Post #14

Ai Ravana-hime

Update on things.....Water billed got paid. As soon as it was paid, they burst a water line so now we're TOTALLY out of water. They might send someone to come fix it soon. Least I hope so. We're all paying for the electric tomorrow and keeping that turned on.

Work today was a ball. Between the fever returning (no dizziness though!) and customers calling me fag, ma'am, and dummy I was also assaulted physically by a customer. Nothing really major but it came as quite a shock. I placed her bananas that she had bought into a bag and then rang up a bag of apples. Went to move the bananas and put the apples in instead and she must've thought I was going to crush her teh 1337 nanners because she SCREAMED loudly not to smash them and she grabbed my hand, dug her pressed on nails into my skin and pushed me back. Like I said, nothing major but I've never had that happen before so I was kind of dumbfounded. (what me, dumbfounded? NEVER! tongue.gif)

All I can really say about today though is WHY MUST THE IGNORANT PEOPLE BREED?! MAKE THEM STOP REPRODUCING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

/rant

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 9 2003, 03:25 AM
Post #15

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

*chuckle*

*seconds the motion*

we've been getting this huge influx of teh inbred monsters at the shop lately. I don't know what the hell they've been snorting, smoking, drinking or otherwise ingesting, but they're coming out of the woodwork. People who, after having their food handed to them, wait several minutes and then ask "Um...is this mine?"

other excerpts from today:

Customer: "I'll have that Italian Night Club thing"
My Manager: "Ok, did you want that on French bread, or on the square Wheat bread?"
Customer: "What kinds of bread do you have?"
My Manager: "We have the regular French bread, or (pointing) we have the square Wheat bread."
Customer: "That square bread...is that some kind of wheat bread?"

Customer on phone: "What kind of chips do you have?"
My Manager: (he got all the great ones today, bless him!) "We've got Cheetos, Doritos, Regular Lays, BBQ Lays, Baked Lays, and Sour Cream & Onion Baked Lays."
Customer on phone: "Your Cheetos...are they the poofy kind, or the crunchy kind?"
My Manager: "Hmm...well, on the bag they say, 'Cheetos Crunchy'"
Customer on phone: "Yes, but are they the crunchy kind, or the poofy kind?"
My Manager: "Well, I can't open the bag to tell you for sure, but on the bag it says 'Cheetos Crunchy.'"
Customer on phone: "Well, that really doesn't answer my question at all. Why can't you just tell me if they're the crunchy kind or the poofy kind?"

....this lady's order was in the other store's delivery area, so we called the order over to them. A half hour later, she calls back and demands to know why she hasn't gotten her food. We explain that it was sent to the other store, as she is in their delivery area, and she will need to call them to find out the status of her delivery. She proceeds to berate us for not giving her any information, demands to know how long it's been since she last called us, how long it's been since the driver left, etc. etc. We had to tell her three times to call the other store, as they would be the only ones who'd know this information, and finally had to hang up on her.

Hehehehe....but I think getting attacked by a fruit nut with press-on nails is much, much worse. *huggles the Judgy*

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 9 2003, 03:31 AM
Post #16

Ai Ravana-hime

Here's my amusing part of the day.

Rang up hundreds of dollars worth of groceries for a customer. Completed the transaction, got her tender and gave her her change. Realized I had forgotten to ring up her coupons. My bad. So before I get the chance to explain to her that I can ring up those coupons and give her the change back from those she lays into me about how much money those are worth and stuff like that. I mean just laying into me. So as she's yelling I'm very happily ringing up her coupons and the till pops open and I give her change. Very loudly stating the amount:

" and $1.75 is your change back have a GREAT day!"

$1.75. She screamed at me for that much. Nevermind her $400 + in groceries. Just made me chuckle because this other gal in my line was trying so hard not to laugh. I even got the infamous "well I never...." line from my Kooky. The weirdos shop at my store. Really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
werewolf3361
post Oct 9 2003, 04:22 AM
Post #17

Lost in my mind

Member No.: 555

*hugs Aries* well that just sucks.....

--------------------
IPB Image
I <3 Girls
"Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians!"

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Oct 9 2003, 03:56 PM
Post #18

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

Bad luck Aries, but do keep these coming! You surely have the funniest life ever. And the most sympathy-worthy life, of course. I wish I worked in Crazyville like you do. Oh the lawsuits!

+Quote Post
Fallen Element
post Oct 9 2003, 07:23 PM
Post #19

Obliterates Everything He Kisses

Member No.: 633

poor ye! i hug thee in sympathy! and i thought my day was bad.... im not being biased, but take a scarve with you and strangle them to death! mmmmmm, scarves!

sorry...

Fal xXx

--------------------
The bookworm - bellydancing tart of Snuggles Harem
Fallen World
I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it. . .

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Oct 9 2003, 08:06 PM
Post #20

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

*Hugs Aries* hope you had a better day today! I agree with Polo keep the stories coming there funny! tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Oct 9 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #21

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

Boo. You need me and the girlfriend to come and shop at your store. We always entertain the till-folk. Tomfoolery and antics are our forte.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 10 2003, 03:04 AM
Post #22

Ai Ravana-hime

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Oct 9 2003, 10:05 AM)
Bad luck Aries, but do keep these coming! You surely have the funniest life ever. And the most sympathy-worthy life, of course. I wish I worked in Crazyville like you do. Oh the lawsuits!

Funniest or most sympathy worthy, hardly, Polos tongue.gif

And Jonman, our wholesome all american store could sure use someone like you laugh.gif And I'm going to start using the term "till-folk" from now on...I like that...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Oct 11 2003, 03:23 PM
Post #23

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

*laughs her fool butt off*

OMG that was...like...the most perfect way EVER to handle a wack-job like that! Kudos to you and your magnificent savoir-fare!

If you can somehow find a way to get me n' the bf up there, we'll come visit you at work and play bodyguard for you! It'd be FUN!!!

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 11 2003, 06:21 PM
Post #24

Ai Ravana-hime

I can see it already, Goddess.....you putting your security knowledge to good use...

"Ma'am please step away from the register.....MA'AM! STEP. AWAY. FROM. THE. REGISTER. NOW!"

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:17 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!