Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So....
phoenix
post Oct 8 2003, 10:54 PM
Post #1

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Group: New Members
Member No.: 252

i'm getting a cell phone (my first) any sugestions or negitive comments on old phones you had so i know what i should not get.

i'm thinking t-mobile, they have free roaming, long distance, night and weekends (which i need), and a vast selection of phones tell me what you think

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Oct 8 2003, 10:59 PM
Post #2

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 492

i have a Nokia... its kewl because there are more face plates for it.. but i have cingular... and cingular doesnt get service everywhere..sprint gets service almsot every where...um.. i dont know much bout t moble so yah...

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 8 2003, 11:07 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I have a motorola phone. To me it was a lot better than my Nokia, but I lost all the cool features like, games, and cool covers. I think though that if I upgrade my phone I can get those back. Oh oh get one of the phones with a camera in it!

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Oct 8 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #4

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Member No.: 154

nokia = yay. mainly cause they're so damn easy to use...

as for networks, i have no idea what ones you have over there (we have t-mobile here as well. woo), but over here they're all much of a muchness. and you can probably buy the phone on pre-pay, get the thing unlocked at some dodgy shop and have it changed anyway tongue.gif

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 8 2003, 11:18 PM
Post #5

i was thinking off getting a cool camera phone, but as long as i can roam and call long distance free it will be good enough for me

--------------------

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
PrincessCadhla
post Oct 8 2003, 11:45 PM
Post #6

You know you want me...

Member No.: 268

I use Sprint PCS....they don't use the nifty Nokia's. I think my phone is a samsung and I like it. I have games and nifty ringers (currently Rock the Casbah).
I have rarely been in an instance where I lost service (even out in the boonies) and I get 300 anytime minutes and unlimited nights weekends and LD for around $35 a month. Keep in mind I have been with them for 5 years....you would have to sign a 1 year commitment to get the deal. check out http://www.sprintpcs.com .

Oh yah, I also have PCS vision, which is the net stuff with sprint, there text msg is kinda a pain in the but, but you can use AIM and Yahoo messenger from your phone....

--------------------
*.*.*Cadhla*.*.*
~If all poets were as I, I would have nothing to say~

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 8 2003, 11:54 PM
Post #7

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

I have Sprint PCS too. I really like it. I have 300 anytime minutes (but you can get other plans with more), free nights, free weekends (Friday-Monday morning), and free long distance (within the US). They have really good coverage.... But, I am actually moving to an area that isn't on their network.... lol Oh, and I got insurance on my phone.... So, if anything happens to it, they'll replace it. They said even if it's my fault because I throw it across the room, as long as I have a phone to turn in to them, they'll replace it. lol

Not to scare you off of the phone service you choose.... But, I have a older friend who has had MAJOR trouble with T-Mobile. Somebody copied her phone and ran up her cell phone bill. She said they were completely uncooperative and are forcing her to pay for it. BUT, I'm sure you could find somebody who has had trouble with just about any phone service.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Oct 8 2003, 11:56 PM
Post #8

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

I also want to echo the Sprint PCS lovers... mine is also Sprint, I have a similar plan to the above, they're reasonably priced and they replace your phone with a newer model if it breaks. Not to mention that the service area is like, most everywhere.
I lessthanthree my cell phone.

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 9 2003, 12:17 AM
Post #9

thanks for the help you guys are making the choice easier with all of this info.... yay! i'm going to be getting my cell phone (i only needed one for four years now, never being home is now bitting me in the behide *grr people who need to find me) but it is time to get up with the times

thanks again, if there is any more info that can be given.....

--------------------

[B] Own Microsoft

+Quote Post
PrincessCadhla
post Oct 9 2003, 12:38 AM
Post #10

You know you want me...

Member No.: 268

A friend of mine has T mobile....he's gone through 5 phones, they all do the same thing after about a month. They keep replacing it, but with the same model, and if he wants to try a different model he will have to pay full price for it. Also, it won't work in his house.

--------------------
*.*.*Cadhla*.*.*
~If all poets were as I, I would have nothing to say~

+Quote Post
ravein
post Oct 9 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #11

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

It all depends on where you live... I am in NC. I have cingular with no worries at all.. Sprint bites here.. I worked for Cingular for 3 years so I know a few tricks to.. Make sure that when you get your phone check the coverage map. Make sure you look for actual coverage and projected coverage. Sprint advertises nationwide service but that is BS. There service is based upon roaming on other carriers networks. Which if your plan doesn't cover it can be extremely expensive. So pay extra attention to the coverage maps. Also make sure you double check the times on your plans. A lot of companies offer free nights and weekends, roaming etc... but only within certain time frames. Also.. if you purchase your phone in a store make sure you call customer service to double check your rate plan specifics. A lot of times stores will do or say anything to sell a phone. So double check it before you get your first bill. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.. I have tons of info on different cell networks in the US.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
VVes
post Oct 9 2003, 07:15 PM
Post #12

iHuman

Member No.: 483

Sprint, the Sanyo Speaker/Camara Phones are very nice, silver finish...they work, they can kicked around, and have great sound and ringer selections...the service for me has been excellent... but then again, I'm in Texas... it's a different animal here... wink.gif

...oh and they carry these cool new Color Nokias with lights that bling and change color like a UFO..., but Sanyo phone menus are way easier to navigate , In my opinion... dry.gif

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Oct 9 2003, 10:37 PM
Post #13

word

Member No.: 359

i have cheap erickson with 50 minutes o_o

but that means i can call forumites i think biggrin.gif

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:44 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!