Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weirdest Freaking Day
LoLo
post Oct 9 2003, 11:52 PM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I started out the day going to school thinking that today would just be a day that I took my midterms, went home, and did some laundry. Instead this is my day:

I went to school, got some last minute cramming in for my bio midterm, since I had put most of my focus on my history midterm the day before. I took my bio midterm and was done within a half an hour. I actually sat there and flipped through the pages to make sure there wasn't anymore. laugh.gif So that's good, and I'm pretty sure I did really well.

Next was history. I studied in between my bio test, and bio lab, along with between lab and history, as well as the day befores studying. So I get in there all cocky and crap that I studied what was necissary but won't stress about the test because I always do bad when I stress. I bombed it. I couldn't make any complete thoughts whatsoever, which is just totally off for me. What should be the beginning of my essay is at the end, and all the information is mixed up in a barely legible package.

So I come home frustrated. I sit down and check my e-mail hoping I heard back from the prof about the study in Paris program I want to try for, but instead of getting an e-mail back from him I get one from the radio station I listen to frequently telling me I won Primus tickets. So I get in my car and drive all the way back to Sacramento (just got home from there because thats where I go to school) and go to the radio station to get my prize.

As I'm leaving the station I get this phone call from work. It's like 3 pm and my store doesn't stay open past 5:30 pm, so I figured they just wanted to BS with me or tell me not to forget something tomorrow or whatever. They ask me why I'm not at work, and I said because I'm not scheduled. I'm working next Thursday after school, but not today, and either they got it mixed up, or they just decided I was working today after school and forgot to tell me.

To make things even more interesting, I'm relaxing watching West Wing with my mom and I get this call from the employment agency I go through to work at this store. Aparently the boss from the store called them because she's concerned about me leaving. See she heard that I was moving to Sacramento, and that I was planning on taking more classes. Sure I've tossed the idea of moving to Sacramento around for years, but it's not viable. I'm broke and I need the money from work. As for taking more classes, I'm broke and need the money from work, so I can't afford to take anymore classes and restrict my schedule.

Next thing you know if they hear about me considering, or at least looking into the study abroad in Paris program, they'll be concerned that I'm moving there.

God this is all so exasperating. I really wish I knew what I say before I have to hear back about it from someone else. dry.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dwit-Pritzcois
post Oct 10 2003, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Group: New Members
Member No.: 625

That's kewl~ a bit weird but I won't mind having a day like that.

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Oct 10 2003, 12:52 AM
Post #3

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Dwit-Pritzcois @ Oct 9 2003, 06:15 PM)
That's kewl~ a bit weird but I won't mind having a day like that.

Bombing a test and dealing with dim-witted employers? Erm...whatever floats your boat I suppose...

Much love though, LoLo. <hugz>

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Oct 10 2003, 10:31 AM
Post #4

put the aerial on your head

Member No.: 89

Sounds like a bad day, but at least you won tickets to see Primus...That's a good thing.
Hope things get better smile.gif

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 11 2003, 01:43 AM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

So I talked to some people at work about this today, and this is what happened:

First I talked to Blossom. She brought me some candy and pleaded with me not to leave her at the store all by herself. I'm like hmmmmmm ok yeah, and took the candy anyways. Then she told me that she heard I was quitting and moving to Sacramento, and that she talked to my other friend Jenny at work who confirmed this for her. I had to tell her even if I wanted to move I wouldn't be able to anyways because I'm broker than broke.

Next I got called into the office to talk to my boss about it. She freaked out on me and had a big rant about how everyone's leaving and theres so much drama, and she's trying to hire a new girl and couldn't make the decision until she found out what was going on with me, and on and on and on til I finally could break in and tell her the exact same thing I just told Blossom. I also had to tell her about school, and I was starting to tell her next time she should ask me FIRST before telling the employment agency that I'm moving.

Next step talk to Jo. So I walked up to Jo and told her how surprised I was to find out yesterday that I was moving to Sacramento. A look of shock over came her face. After what she told me I don't know if the shock was from thinking, "Oh crap she's actually moving," or, "Oh crap I've been caught." I told her I was surprised because the employment agency was the one to tell me I'm moving. So Jo tells me how when the new girl gave her notice, she talked to my boss about what would they do if I decided to move to Sacramento and work there, since that's where I go to school.

So the entire situation with work and everyone freaking out and deciding WHAT IF I decided to move away.

So this is my response :

What if I won the lottery and decided to move out of the country?
What if I fell in love with some millionare who sweeps me off my feet and takes me away from this place?
What if I die?
What if I get deported?
Is this all stuff they need to contact my employment agency about to make sure that it's not going to happen?

God these people are nuts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Oct 11 2003, 01:47 AM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 10 2003, 07:52 PM)
First I talked to Blossom. She brought me some candy and pleaded with me not to leave her at the store all by herself. I'm like hmmmmmm ok yeah, and took the candy anyways.

laugh.gif Just what I'd've done LoLo, the very THING! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 11 2003, 03:32 AM
Post #7

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 80

That does sound really crazy! blink.gif

I'm glad you got to talk with them one-on-one to sort it all out. smile.gif Well, unless they go and start worrying about the rest of the what-if questions you listed.... LOL

PS: If you do ever get rescued and swept off your feet by some millionaire, could you introduce me to any brothers he may have? I would love somebody to come and rescue me too. tongue.gif LOL JJ

+Quote Post
VVes
post Oct 11 2003, 04:21 AM
Post #8

iHuman

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 10 2003, 07:52 PM)
So this is my response :

What if I won the lottery and decided to move out of the country? 
What if I fell in love with some millionare who sweeps me off my feet and takes me away from this place?
What if I die?
What if I get deported?
Is this all stuff they need to contact my employment agency about to make sure that it's not going to happen?

God these people are nuts.

Wow Lolo, I don't understand how these people can run a store?

Do they always make this much drama over things?

Well, at least you get to see a concert!!!

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 11 2003, 04:31 AM
Post #9

Kiefer > Jason

They make a big deal out of everything Wes. One woman didn't show up for a shift that she wasn't scheduled to work that she usually worked anyways, and there was a drama over that for a good 3 weeks or so.

This may sound a little sexist, but, this is what I get for working with a bunch of women.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VVes
post Oct 11 2003, 04:38 AM
Post #10

iHuman

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (LoLo @ Oct 10 2003, 10:40 PM)
This may sound a little sexist, but, this is what I get for working with a bunch of women.

.:: ok Dr. Laura ::. (ultra conservative/jewish mother/shrink/radio talk show host in the US) wink.gif ... she makes comments like those...

Okay, maybe that trip to Paris is better after all!!!

biggrin.gif

.:: steals your nanners ::.

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 11 2003, 06:29 AM
Post #11

Ai Ravana-hime

Member No.: 421

/me huggles Lo tight.

I understand about weird store drama.....effin all american retailer /me shakes fists.

Anywho, I hope things get better there. I mean....this is all just really weird and from everything you've told me, it's really not a place you should work. I don't like seeing my Lo bummed or weirded out sad.gif

Take care, my dear! happy.gif

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 05:58 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!