IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things Get To Me., I need some help...
Righteous
post Oct 22 2003, 07:33 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I love my friend Ellice dearly, but she does a lot of things that I not only disapprove of, but also worry me a good deal. She's so afraid of getting bored. She throws back drugs (namely heroin, meth and ecstacy) like Skittles and has slept with more people than she can count. Right now, she's getting screwed by some 28-year-old and keep in mind, 16 (younger than my youngest brother, Tim). We got into an arguement last night when, at her request, I got honest and told her I think it's repulsive that she's getting railed by a guy 12 years older than her when she's barely old enough to drive. I prayed and cried to my brother Rick. I felt like I needed weed or to blade myself, but I didn't. I did a lot of praying, though. I figured I could turn to you guys for a little support. I know I can't control what she will and will not do, but I still think it isn't right. What are your thoughts?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Oct 22 2003, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

i really feel for you righteous...seriously. one of my best friends split up with her long-term boyfriend a year ago and since then has just screwed herself over by gettin drunk and pulling people, but letting it get too far, having s*** like unprotected sex happen and then getting suicial because it did and she hates herself. then she'll go and cut her arms etc. and then get even more depressed.
it isn't the age factor that gets me, it's that i tell her she's gonna let them use her as a sex provider but she won't listen until it's too late and then it's horrible to see her sad.gif
and she drinks way too much when she does...and her good male mate just happens to smoke pot (not a huuge problem as long as im not there i say) but it's not good because she does it now to 'escape it' as she thinks...i don't know what to do either.
all i can say to you (after way too long a rant) is that you need to be there for her, and definitely do not hurt yourself because it gets to you, as it'll make her think she could if she gets upset and you don't want that. just tell her that although you're gonna be there for her, she shouldn't expect you not to want her to stop, and that you won't lie to make her think what she's doing is right because i agree that she should try and stop, the drugs especially.
that's all i can think of right now...somewhere in the bs i hope there's something that helps??

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Oct 22 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #3

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

ive never had anything like that happen, mostly cos ive never had any friends. people come to me for advice a lot, and its usually b/c i know what they are going through and how it should turn out, based on my experiences and advice. im truly sorry i cant speak from experience, but ill do my best.

really she is her own person, and thus can do what she wants with herself. but i agree with you, and you are absolutely totally right and a very good friend to be worried. that is faithfulness and it is something every real friend has. about the sex, i do hope you can get through to her that she is jsut a f*ck machine to that pig. the drugs, well drugs are not toys and shes f*cking herself up REALLY bad, its a horrible thing to do to yourself and i wish no one would do it. id say, dont urge her to see a counselor (personally i dont think they really know anything), dont force her to tlak to you (dont force anything on her) and make it totally clear to her that you are there for her if she needs a shoulder to lean on. i dont really know what else to say...umm...
well, w/e you do do not, under any circumstances, hurt yourself. that is being selfish.

i sincerely hope things get better for you, luvs and best wishes

*EDIT* Please try to edit your swearing in future, m'kay??? smile.gif

This post has been edited by saucy_tara: Oct 22 2003, 08:49 PM

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Oct 22 2003, 08:39 PM
Post #4

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Righteous. I think you did the right thing. Your friend is messing up her life and you didn't think it right to just sit by without saying anything about it. But it can be hard for someone to hear that their friend doesn't like what they're doig to themselves. She probably knows that what she's doing is wrong and when she hears it from someone else it just confirms all her fears and makes her angry. Try to help and support her whatever way you can, but try not to enable her to be self destructive..

I'm glad you decided not to cut or smoke up. The temptation to take the easy way out and get that high is sometimes overwhelming. You're a v. strong person. Congratulations.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Oct 22 2003, 08:51 PM
Post #5

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

jaq said it better than me, listen to him/her, not me. im not very wise in this yet, but im learning

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Oct 23 2003, 02:47 PM
Post #6

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Thanks, guys. As per usual, you've been a big hepl to me. god, I love this little internet community.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 07:56 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!