> Am I Incredibly Shallow?
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 01:13 AM
Post #1

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

Yeah. You can say yes. Here's the deal ~

I liked this guy... he was a year younger than me. *nodnod* He was really nice, and really cute, and really cool, and we had a lot in common... and he had great hair! happy.gif; But today... he got a haircut... and suddenly... it's like... whoa there... I don't like him anymore... It's like talking to a different person now, when I'm talking to him... I've never been this shallow before... eh... Help?!

Maybe I'll just wait a few months and have it grow back. sleep.gif; (And have him cut it again...)

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 03:43 AM
Post #2

I take it I am, as nobody has replied yet =P

--------------------

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Oct 25 2003, 03:47 AM
Post #3

I post more than I speak

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 116

i dont know... i dont think its shallow... but i cant put a word to it... maybe its a psychological thing where you are subconciously thinking he IS someone else, and therefore, making you shy / nervous or something... i dunno.... <shrugs>

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 03:52 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Oct 24 2003, 08:56 PM)
i dont know... i dont think its shallow... but i cant put a word to it... maybe its a psychological thing where you are subconciously thinking he IS someone else, and therefore, making you shy / nervous or something... i dunno.... <shrugs>

Yeah, maybe it is.

blink.gif

It's really weird though. It was like he really changed ;_; I'm so weird.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Oct 25 2003, 03:58 AM
Post #5

I post more than I speak

is it his personality? or the way you react to him now?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 03:59 AM
Post #6

The way I act to him. He's still the same nice bubbly dude nn; I just... it's like... his hair was an unnecessary good part of his personality... but it's gone now... Yeah. Like that... xx;

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Oct 25 2003, 04:01 AM
Post #7

I post more than I speak

id say just forget about the way his hair looks/looked... and go back to acting around him like you did before... or try to... or something...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 04:06 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Oct 24 2003, 09:10 PM)
id say just forget about the way his hair looks/looked... and go back to acting around him like you did before... or try to... or something...

*twitch* I'll try... try... try... or maybe I'll just talk to him as a friend and wait until he's ... until he has good hair again.

I sound like a shallow freak! nn;

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Oct 25 2003, 04:08 AM
Post #9

I post more than I speak

you really dont sound shallow... at least not to me.... others might disagree with me.. but whatever...

do whatever is needed to help you through this problem(?)...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 04:11 AM
Post #10

Hehe. I will. *huggle* Thanks oh wise one. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Oct 25 2003, 04:12 AM
Post #11

I post more than I speak

<hugs> me? wise? are you feeling ok? <feels liz's forhead>

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 04:14 AM
Post #12

Lol, my forehead's a bit warm... I have a headache x_X;

But you are wise! *nodnod*

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Oct 25 2003, 04:15 AM
Post #13

I post more than I speak

thats your headache talking... <pics liz up and lays her on a couch, and puts a blanket over her> rest, dear sis....

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 25 2003, 04:24 AM
Post #14

hehe... alright oh wise one...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinewmire
post Oct 25 2003, 05:41 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 648

personally, I'd say, yeah, a bit. wink.gif

Still, looks are very important in a relationship. You don't want to wake up next to your chosen partner/lover/one-night-stand/bed and think "Oh, god you're so beau... well, you're o.k.".

--------------------
Gothic Towers tottered on her heels as she fled asylum grounds
Comitting hard crimes in soft cells where now another's screams resound...

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 25 2003, 03:14 PM
Post #16

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Perhaps you're relating the way his hair looked to how he expresses his personality. The fact that he cut it may seem to you like he's changing. I know from personal experience, that a few of my friends wondered why I was changing when I cut my own hair.

The thing is though, as long as he's the same guy inside the outside isn't that important. Maybe just realize that perhaps he needed a little change in his appearance for himself, which is a good thing. Or perhaps his parents made him do that. Sometimes parents can dictate what you look like.

Either way, shallow no. Shallow would be saying oh my god he cut his hair I will never speak to him again because he's just ugly now. You seem to be wanting at least to stay his friend even with his new look. It may just take a little time getting used to the change, and who knows perhaps you'll like it better after time.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
miss_spunk
post Oct 25 2003, 03:27 PM
Post #17

Teh Mistress of Screw!

Member No.: 603

personally I don't think you're being shallow. OK, you haven't said that you're attracted to this guy, but maybe his hair was something that you really loved and him cutting it made you go off of him slightly

Though I might be spouting rubbish, I usually do

Aysha xxx

--------------------
I'd love to stay here and be normal, but it's just so overrated!!!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Oct 30 2003, 01:45 PM
Post #18

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (elf @ Oct 25 2003, 01:22 AM)
But today... he got a haircut... and suddenly... it's like... whoa there... I don't like him anymore... It's like talking to a different person now, when I'm talking to him... I've never been this shallow before... eh... Help?!

If you are then I am too! biggrin.gif

I had a boyfriend at uni who had lovely long curly hair. Very ROCK! biggrin.gif I thought I loved him and in retrospect I probably did but not enough (but that's another story). Anyway, one day he decided to get all his hair cut off sad.gif No only did I say, "Please don't", coz I loved it but he had it cut so badly that it just look poo. He bumped into me in the middle of a crowded hallway at Uni with his mates and said "What do you think?" I wanted to say 'YUCK!" but instead lied outright and said "Mmmm, very nice". Does that make me evil.....probably wink.gif

Anyway my point.....I just felt so uncomfortable around him for weeks. I'd literally cry when I looked at photos or remember how he used to look with his lovely long hair. I just felt wrong about it all.

Needless to say we didn't last. We are still friends and I'm now going out with his best mate (that's another LONG story) and I'm incredibly happy with him. He looks sexy with his hair long or short biggrin.gif Actually Ed had his hair braided while I was 'seeing' him a while ago and at first it was a shock but he was still sexy! wink.gif

I think it just shows that you don't like this guy as much as you thought you did perhaps?

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 06:33 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!