Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Philosophical?
elf
post Oct 30 2003, 04:00 AM
Post #1

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

Today in R.E. we were asked to answer a series of questions. It was supposed to be some kind of meditative spiritual moment thing. The answers were supposed to be brief, I got a little carried away.

1)You are on the edge of a forest. What is the day like?
The sky is overcast, and it is dusk. The land is bathed in orange light. I feel calm.

2)What does the forest look like?
Dead gnarled trees stretch off into infinity, all casting twisted black shadows on eachother. In the yellow light, the forest is not frightening. I feel indifferent.

3)You can see a path. What does it look like?
It is a thin dirt path, winding through the trees seemingly at random. The path isn't well kept, it is strangled by dead roots from the trees.

4)You come across a drinking vessel of some form. Describe.
On the path, a little into the woods, is a goblet. The golden goblet is encrusted with gems, and looks, unlike the path, well kept. It's surface is clean and shiny. I am cautious of the thing, I leave it, I continue.

5)There is a tree blocking your path. Describe. How do you get past it?
The tree is larger than the ones around it, but it is old and long dead. Over the years it has rotted hollow. I walk off the path a distance, and find a large breach in the tree. I climb through the tree, and continue on my journey.

6)You find a key. Describe it. What do you do to it?
In the center of the path, rested upon a small slab of carefully cut marble is a key. It is a complex mechanical mass of buttons, wires and moving parts, but fits in my palm. On closer inspection I find it is more complex than I might have thought, each wire is made up of millions of intertwined wires. It is mysterious. I am cautious, but my curiosity wins me over. I take it.

7)You come across a snake, lying in the path. What do you do to get past it?
I see the snake and know instantly it is an illusion. The goblet, the key, and now this. They seem all a little too.. planned. There seems something artificial about the snake. It is moving, but not as a natural snake is. I walk past it, observing it as I pass, but not interfering.

8)You come across some sort of house, surrounded by a fence. Describe the fence.
The fence is made from strange blue twisted metal that is cold to the touch. It looks peculiar, definately not a human construction.

9)You manage to get past the fence. Describe the building. Does anyone live there? Who are the inhabitants?
The enormous.. tower looms over me. Like the fence, it is constructed of the same cold blue metal. It is shaped like an irregular tusk, reaching to the sky, but also curved and twisted like the trees, coming to a sharp tip at the pinnacle. It looks as though it grew there. Again, this is not a human construction.
The place looks long abandoned. There is a little rust on the building near the ground.

10) You go inside. What is there? Who is there?
Inside it is cold, and I can hear the place throbbing. Little mechanical parts and clicking and squealing and humming in the wall. The place is old, but it is alive.

11) You leave the building and come across an animal. Describe.
I come across an animal. It seems to be afraid of straying far from the building, as though it is waiting for someone to return. It is no animal I have seen before, it is small, with a tail. Its wet glistening skin is mottled with dark splodges and tufts of fur. It knows I mean it no harm, and looks at me with seemingly intelligent eyes. The creature is strange and unique, but I find it beautiful and calming. I look into the creature's eyes and can sense a sadness.

12) You find water. What is the water like? How is it set in the land?
The water is in a shallow creek, set between steep banks. The water is still. Strangely, the bed of the creek is a made from a puzzle metal plates, as though the creek was intentionally constructed. I lean toward the water, and it is clear, except for a slight tinge of blue to it. I am about to drink, when I hear it emitting a soft rhythmic throbbing, like the strange building earlier. I do not drink it, it is not water.

13)Finally you come to a cliff. What do you see? What do you do?
By this time the sun had fallen below the horizon. The sky was black, save for the sprinkling of stars. I emerge from the forest and stand on the cliff's edge. To my suprise, I can see stars in the sky above, but also in the darkness below. I have reached the edge. I have the desire to fall into the stars and swim with them for eternity.

Well there it is. If you have a blog, and can't think of anything to write in it, you could copy these questions if you like and find your own answers.

These actually aren't my answers, I'll answer these later, but it's really quite interesting. I'm in the middle of doing it.

(If anyone cares I nabbed it off Tom <3, who isn't even a Matazoner. x_X)

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Oct 30 2003, 04:15 AM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 240

Light clouds, not hot, but there's a warm breeze. the bunnies are playing

Deep and woodsy. Trees that are good for climing, or jus leaning against/sitting on. More bunnies (/me likes bunnies)

It is not often trodden, it looks more like moss and grass and whatnot that's been trampled lightly.

It's a case of cans of Red Fusion, the drink that kicks arse.

It is a very old and power ful tree. I ask nicely if it will allow me to pass, and he obliges.

It's a slightly larger key than normal, and it's gold. I pick it up.

I use the key to get inside it's mind and convince it that attacking me would be the wrong choice.

8)You come across some sort of house, surrounded by a fence. Describe the fence.
It is a large wooden fence with many vines growing on it, and flowers at the top.

9)You manage to get past the fence. Describe the building. Does anyone live there? Who are the inhabitants?
Small little hutch, home to the gods

It's larger than it looks to be on the outside.

It's the king of all bunnies. He is large and extra cuddly.

It is a small little creek, with cool clean water. I take a drink and feel very refreshed.

I see eternity and I walk into it.

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 30 2003, 05:04 AM
Post #3

It is dark and gloomy. There is a small sliver of sunshine in the distance.

Lush green. The inside is shadowy and dark. The trees are tall redwoods, sequoias...

It is a path of small stones. On the edges are weeds and such.

I see a small, round silver pitcher propped on an old tree stump. I examine it and it is full of water, but I pass it in case it is snidely intoxicated.

It is an old tree that has fallen down. I climb over it.

Dammit, Tom, I was going to have it on marble too! *twitch* Anyway, it is atop a tall slab of marble. It is tiny and silver, yet oddly familiar. I feel its Lilliputian size in my hand and clasp my fingers together, taking it.

I stare at it for a moment and wait for it to pass. If it doesn't, I poke it (as long as I'm sure it's not dangerous) and carry it out of the path.

It is a white picket fence! How odd.

It's an odd house. I cannot describe it. It seems eerily abandoned...

Nothing. Nothing. There is only a chair and remnants of rags.

It is a small black kitten. Its eyes seem to follow me. I try to move past it, but I can feel its presence and its eyes baring into the back of my head. I shake my head to rid me of my paranoia and continue.

It is in puddles. I try to avoid splashing in them, but it is inevitable. I continue with my wet shoes.

I see fog, and a steep way down. I smile to myself and take out a digital camera, knowing I have found it at last. (There was a place like this that once appeared in my dreams... gave me really creepy deja vu.)

--------------------

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 30 2003, 09:58 AM
Post #4

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Dull, and overcast. The ground is covered in a thick layer of snow. Night isnít far off.

The trees are mostly tall firs, all covered with snow.

A barely noticeable track winding through the forest, almost invisible but for the fact that the snow cover was slightly shallower there.

Itís a simple glass, lying incongruously by the path. Itís cracked, and dirty, covered in leafmould. There is a worm inside it.

A huge old tree is lying perpendicular across the path, rotting. I step over it gingerly, not wanting to dirty my clothes.

It looks like a normal house key, but slightly larger. It appears to be made of brass. Itís on a ring, but itís the only one. I pick it up and slip it into a pocket.

I give the snake a wide berth, watching it all the time and taking care not to disturb it.

The fence is about three feet high, and made of wooden stakes.

The building looks like a normal cottage. From the outside, it looks inhabited.

The cottage has every sign of being inhabited. There are childrenís toys strewn across the floor. Peoplesí possessions are everywhere. In the dining room, there is a half-eaten meal for six, still warm. The house, however, is devoid of life.

The body of a deer is lying nearby. It looks to have been killed by a single gunshot.

Itís a brook, running through the forest. The water is crystal-clear, and looks safe, but I donít chance it. Iím not particularly thirsty anyway.

There is a magnificent view from the cliffs, of countryside and rolling hills. There is no sign of humanity, no cities, towns, villages or buildings of any kind. I am struck by a powerful urge to throw myself from the cliff, but I resist. I turn, and walk away.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
antagony
post Oct 30 2003, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 560

It's just rained and the sky is still dark and cloudy. The air feels heavy and it could start raining again anytime.

It's more of a jungle than a forest, on a hill. There's some sort of vine woven together and draped across the tops of the trees like a bright green cloth.

It's a twisting path up the hill, paved with concrete, most of which is corroded from too much rain, and covered with moss. There's the occasional crack in the concrete as well.

It's a wine glass, slightly cracked on one side, lying upside-down just off the path. Someone must have placed it there because there's no way it could have just landed in that position. Moss is starting to grow around it, but not on the inside. Everything in there looks dead.

It's a fairly small tree that probably fell over during a rainstorm. That's certainly not uncommon, and it's small enough that I can just step right over it. I get my leg caught in some of the branches for a second but barely notice that.

It's a rusted but otherwise normal-looking key, jammed into one of the cracks in the path. I don't even stop to look at it.

I watch it for a few seconds, then move slightly off the path so that I don't attract its attention.

It's a wire fence, with wires coated in green plastic that's started to peel off. The exposed metal looks new and not rusted at all, unlike most of the other things I've seen so far.

It's a concrete building. The parts of it that aren't completely overgrown are light, dull grey. Most if it is covered in mould and moss, but it might have looked fairly impressive when it was first built. It looks about as abandoned as it could without literally falling to pieces. Nearly every glass window that I can see has been broken.

Vines have made their way through the windows and into the rooms, which look like very empty classrooms. Glass from the broken windows is lying among the plants. I see some bizarre graffiti in one room, but no other vandalism besides the broken windows.

It's the half-rotten body of a dead crow. There's no sign of anything it might have died of.

It's a normal-looking concrete ditch, sort of similar to the path, full of murky water from the rain. The water is flowing downhill, which is in the opposite direction from where I'm going.

It's the top of the hill, which is higher than I first thought. The city isn't far away and I can even see the office buildings in the city centre. It's getting dark and the streetlights are already on in the residential areas. I try to imagine everyone else going about their lives, but I can't. It seems like a different world over there. I think of turning around and going back, but instead I sit down and just... watch.

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

Urban Freakshow now has a forum // Do you blog here often?

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Oct 30 2003, 08:48 PM
Post #6

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

its cloudy and there is an emense amount of fog, i can barley see through it and the wind is blowing.

the forest is dark and gives off a creepy vibe, the tree's are nearly black in the fog and they tower over me, like they are waiting for something to wander through them so they can torment the passerby

the path twists downward, the dirt littered with shapr rocks that cuz my bare feet as i walks slowly downward

its a puddle of water at the base of a large tree, the hole is deep and the water clear, allowing you to see there are no dangers hidden in the crystal water. moss grows around the tree and makes the puddle nearley invisable only the moonlight shining off the water allows you to see it

the tree is huge and burned, having been struck by lightening and torn from the ground. I must walk far off the path to get around it.

the key is lying in the benter of my path, it is silver and glowing. i pick it up and slide it in my pocket

i stand still for a while, watching it and decide it is harmless. But to be carful i wal far around it, making sure it couldnt bite me even tho it was harmless

the fence is old and falling over, its metal rusted and broken. It surrounds the house losely, like its not supposed to be there.

the building is marble and glowing, beautiful carvings are in the walls depicting differnt stages of life and their hardships. I pull rthe key from my pocket to open the door then slide it back in my pocket.

The house is huge and very old but well kept. there is no one there, but it is oddly clean, like the dust of the years could never reach it. I imagine that gods and goddess' es live there and rule over the world on their marble thrones.

it is the dead body of a dove, bloody and broken. its feathers are stained and some have been ripped away.

the water is flowing down the hill like a stream, but not nessicerily in a direct path. it twist and turns any way it wants while flooding the land

i look over the cliff and stare at the ocean's waves crashing below me. i watch as a purple mist flows from the water like the essence of life flowing from a human body as it dies. I pull the key form my pocket and throw it into the ocean below, i sit on the edge of the cliff and watch as the waves swollow the key, to be forever forgotten. I smile and stand, turning tward the house that i just came from, then throw myself from the cliffs, my jorney ending.

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Oct 30 2003, 09:54 PM
Post #7

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

There's a slight drizzle, but not enough to need an umbrella or coat. Everything smells nice and clean from the rain. The sun is just beginning to rise, and it's late spring.

If an Enchanted Forest existed, it would look like this. Thick moss covers almost everything, there are giant ferns, and most of the rather large trees are evergreens.

It's large enough for one person to walk down it comfortably. It's covered in sawdust and it winds through a series of waterfalls, turning to wooden steps now and then. There's a railing present in a lot of places, because the drop from the path is steep, and at one spot it goes behind a huge waterfall.

It's a half-full plastic bottle of purified water, most likely left behind by a hiker of some sort. I pick it up and toss it into a garbage can that is only 10 feet away, muttering about lazy tourists.

The tree fell years ago during a windstorm, but no one ever bothered to drag it off of the path. The bark is worn smooth from hikers climbing over it, and there are no branches. It is about as high as my hips, and I climb over it easily.

The key is hidden in some of the moss by the trail. I find it as I stop to take a rest. It's an old skeleton key, black and very ornate. I put it in my pocket.

I wait for him to slither across, then I keep going. No sense in scaring the poor thing. It was just a gardener snake anyhow. Completely harmless.

The fence is simple and crude -- just a few logs propped together, really.

The house is a run down old shack in the middle of a meadow that looks like it's a relic from the gold rush. No one has lived there for many, many years.

Inside it is damp and full of cobwebs. There is nothing inside except a broken old chair and a few mice, seeking shelter from the rain.

A deer is wandering through the trees in the distance. As soon as it sees me, it darts off in the other direction.

I've been following a river the whole time, but now I come upon a tiny pool of water. It's deep green with a small waterfall cascading into it. It's at the bottom of a steep hill leading down from the trail. I admire it and move on, without going down to take a closer look.

It's now mid-day. From the cliff I can see the trail I have just traveled peeking through the thick layer of trees in some places. There is no one else around, though I can hear the laughter of children in the distance, playing in a swimming hole that is near the base of the cliff. I stop and sit longer than I should -- close to an hour. I begin my journey back down the trail, going fast now because I am worried that if I take too long I won't reach the end of the trail before nightfall and will be caught in the dark without a flashlight. The stars could never penetrate the thick cover of these trees.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Oct 30 2003, 10:41 PM
Post #8

My direction

Member No.: 495

It is evening, the sun is low and red and the world around me is bathed in its warm glow. It is warm.

It starts abruptly in front of me, the trees at the edge are huge and green bt further in it is darker, the shadows are a much deeper green. Behind me a dry, parched plain streatches out onto the horizon.

A dirt track, slightly dusty with overgrown edges that curves out of veiw almost immediately.

A crystal phial lying in the dirty, overgrown grass at the side of the path. The stopper lies a few feet away. I pick it up. The crystal is cut into facets. The top is teardrop-shaped. I cut my finger on the end of the drop.

The path slightly curves out into a sort of clearing with the massive tree in the middle. Its roots twist around in the clearing, rising up out of the ground. It is bigger and older than the other trees in the forest, reminding me of the ones on the edge of the plain. It has moss growing on it and seems to be almost radiant. The other trees look dark and hunched by comparison. I climb over it's roots to continue.

It is a tiny, tarnished silver key, lying forlornly in the middle of the path. I pick it up andtry to clean it on my jeans but the tarnish wont come off. I take the key.

This is starting to seem horribly contrived. The snake is huge, lying in a clearing just like the tree stood in. The trees tower over me on all sides. I edge around the clearing, but the snakes head snaps up and follows me. As I leave, blood drips off my finger, and the snake darts towards it. I turn and run.

A small embankment rises up in the forest. A dirty white wall, topped with razor wire surrounds a small, sickly lawn, with the house at the top of the embankment.

The house looks similar to a typical suburban red-brick house. The blinds are drawn.

Inside, the halls are white and sterile. The rooms are white and plasticy with stainless steel furniture. I see figures out of the corner of my eyes. They look gaunt and dishevelled. They say nothing, just stare at me, with haunted eyes.

I leave the house and follow the path back past the house into the forest again. As i walk through, a cat stalks out of the bushes and gazes at me. Like the snake, it watches me go past. I scratch it's head. It follows me for a while.

A stream flows past along with the path. I can smell the smell of a forest after rain. I lean down and trail my fingers in the water. It is cool to the touch, but feels strange somehow. It brings thoughts of peace and rest to my mind, makes me want to stay in this place and sleep forever. My eyelids grow heavy., i sink to my knees... I feel claws in my arm, and the cat jerks me from my dreams. I shudder and move on.

The cliff stretches out into a peak. I walk to the end of the peak and sit there, swinging my legs over the edge. I can see the plain from which i first came, stretching out below me. The cat sits beside me. I scratch it's head. As i sit, the suns last rays disappear, and the world is dark. A huge moon illuminates the world around me, and below me. The plain has gone, replaced by warm, comforting darkness. As i sit there, i realise that the fur i was stroking is hair, and he is there, his arms around me, lips on mine. The cliff and the world fde from veiw, until we are walking on air, just the moon and us, falling together through eternity. I understand why i have been searching.

*looks back*

Whoa i took that way too seriously...

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
elf
post Oct 31 2003, 12:04 AM
Post #9

You're supposed to take it seriously. biggrin.gif I should drag Tom here so he can tell everyone the interpretation behind the answers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Oct 31 2003, 01:47 AM
Post #10

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (elf @ Oct 30 2003, 05:13 PM)
You're supposed to take it seriously. biggrin.gif I should drag Tom here so he can tell everyone the interpretation behind the answers.

I don't think there's much to interpret in mine.

I just thought of a real place that I've been to, because it's my favorite place in the world. It also happens to be a forest (hehe, anyone who can guess where it is gets a gold star... tongue.gif ). Well, minus the house and fence...since you can't build houses and such in national parks, so that was my own creation (and of course the water bottle and key). tongue.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Oct 31 2003, 10:22 AM
Post #11

My direction

Member No.: 495

QUOTE (elf @ Oct 31 2003, 12:13 AM)

Lol last time someone psychoanalysed me they found out some stuff i would have rather not heard... Including that i had underlying sexual issues... dry.gif I was like... well im bi and my boyfriend lives 200 miles away, you dont get much more screwed than that tongue.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
SteelWingedCheru...
post Oct 31 2003, 08:05 PM
Post #12

"in revolution one wins or dies"

Member No.: 523

1) You are on the edge of a forest. What is the day like?
Night is beginning to fall its damp and wet its very windy

2) What does the forest look like? It has a dim and dank atmosphere the trees are tall and there are many rotting leaves on the ground

3) You can see a path. What does it look like?
The path is marked out by two narrow lines of trees it is completely pitch black

4) You come across a drinking vessel of some form. Describe.
A medieval Jug itís an earthy colour just lying on its side

5) There is a tree blocking your path. Describe. How do you get past it?
Simply just squeeze past it and carry on down the narrow path

6) You find a key. Describe it. What do you do to it?
Hanging from a low branch I see a golden key its illuminated which makes it stand out from the dark its attached to a Leather Necklace I put it around my neck and continue to walk the path

7) You come across a snake, lying in the path. What do you do to get past it?
I run as near to the edge of the path of trees as possible

Its a Small wicker fence looks as though its beginning to weather the fence is eroding

9) You manage to get past the fence. Describe the building. Does anyone live there? Who are the inhabitants?
Its a gothic looking Church which looks abandoned there seem to be no inhabitants

The whole place is ornate the room is rectangular in shape with an extremely high ceiling The room is bare except for one unlit candle situated at the back of the room

As I leave the building I see a hedgehog sitting frozen by the fence

There is a small stream with a wooden bridge running over it the water seems to be moving at a fast pace

13) Finally you come to a cliff. What do you see? What do you do?
I walk past the fence once again, I expect to keep on walking but my path of trees has disappeared, I move further past the fence and in front of me is a raging sea the atmosphere is violent, I look down and notice that Iím standing very high up Iím at the edge of the forest there is no where to go.

--------------------
Remember, only left-handed people are in their right minds! haha! not funny

+Quote Post
ravein
post Oct 31 2003, 08:57 PM
Post #13

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

1) You are on the edge of a forest. What is the day like? early morning, sunny
2) What does the forest look like? sunlight streaming thought the trees... shadows and gold.. dew is still on the leaves
3) You can see a path. What does it look like? a foot path, not cleared, worn down pine straw
4) You come across a drinking vessel of some form. Describe. a dip in the earth filled with pine straw... it filters out the dirt letting the clean cold water rise to the top, beside it is a brown clay pot with white tribal marks on it.
5) There is a tree blocking your path. Describe. How do you get past it? It is a large oak, I can crawl under it or over top, I chose over top.. I sit on it for a bit watching the morning.
6) You find a key. Describe it. What do you do to it? A rusty church key, I examine it.. put it in my pocket
7) You come across a snake, lying in the path. What do you do to get past it? just keep walking, step over it, calmly.
8)You come across some sort of house, surrounded by a fence. Describe the fence. It is a wire fence, with wood posts.. the posts are knotty, like old pine stumps.
9) You manage to get past the fence. Describe the building. Does anyone live there? Who are the inhabitants? it is a old house, white paint chipping off.. windows broken.. huge front porch.
10) You go inside. What is there? Who is there? It is empty, scraps of paper, and junk lay on the floor.. like someone moved out long ago.. old pots in the kitchen.
11) You leave the building and come across an animal. Describe. A deer is in the meadow, munching on grass... it notices me, looks at me for a bit them runs into the woods.
12) You find water. What is the water like? How is it set in the land? it is a brook that runs thought the woods.. kind of of sunk in.. small fish and tadpoles.. there are deer and raccoon tracks at the edge.
13) Finally you come to a cliff. What do you see? What do you do? It over looks the a valley and river.. the sun is rising between the peaks... I throw the church key into the river below... take out a fishermen by accident.. opps...

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." ‚ÄĒSimone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Sinewmire
post Nov 1 2003, 03:15 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 648

Sunny. Bright, bright sunlight.

A healthy woodcutter's mix of oaks, pines and sycamores. The light breaks through a heavy canopy, but sporadically.

Shady, but lighter than much of the forest. There is a tiny stream that passes under it.

A wide, deep iron goblet is sat upon a stump. It is darkgold/brown in colour.

I cut through the bracken to the left. it is slightly downhill in inclination.

A smallish iron key lies in the leafmold. A quick rub and the dried dirt and leaves crumple off, leaving a rich, earthy smell.

I make sure I'm not too close and stamp, loudly. That should scare it off. If that doesn't work, I'll find a fork-shaped stick, and pin it's head to the ground. I'll then cut it's head off with my swiss-army knife. There's plenty more where that came from.

It's made from old, but tough grey wood. It seems to have bee n there forever.

It's abandoned. The door is completely missing, and it has that smell that suggests it has been bandoned a long time. Someone has smashed most of the windows, and thick lumps of broken glass lie in the porch.

It is an old house, tasteful if a tad boring in it's faded decor. Browns and creams predominate. It has a cellar, but I don't trust the stairs.

As I leave a deer is startled as it feeds from the grass in the overgrown garden. It bolts as soon as I break eye contact, giving me time to watch it's golden form jump gracefully through the breacken. I can still hear it cracking bracken as it leaps for a time.

A steam reflects sunlight, almost invisible and inaudiable until you are right next to it. It catches and reflects sunlight like crystal.

pine forest stretches bewlow me, phasing to oak as it nears the road which bisects it. I can hear traffic as a back-ground hiss.

*in mature reflection I realise this is pretty much like the woods around my home. Odd that.*

--------------------
Gothic Towers tottered on her heels as she fled asylum grounds
Comitting hard crimes in soft cells where now another's screams resound...

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Nov 1 2003, 04:03 AM
Post #15

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

it lightly raining, theres alot of lightling and thunder

diffrent types of trees alot of them dead, it looks like there had been a forest fire some time in the past several of the trees have the bark burned off, the only other thing growing is the moss covering most of the ground

an area about 4 feet wide where somone had tried to clear some of the debress the grounds is slitghtly sandy

a glass on its side with a crack from the rim half way down it the glass is partially covered in moss and mud

it looks like the top of a tree like somthing big had knocked it down, probibly the lighteningthere are scorch marks all over it from a fire, i step over it

a well rusted key about the size of the palm of my hand its slightly bent, i put it in my pocket

well its non-poisoness, so i take a stick pinning its head down grab it at its midsection and throw it into the woods

its black, with a victorian look,and well rusted ivy grows over it and part of it is downed by a tree

it buildding has the victorian look likethe fence it is brock the tree that had downed part of the fence also hit on side of the builing knocking down part of the wall, the building is covered in ivy on one sided, the bricks are scorched and black colored, the door is parcially burned down the windows are black and several of them are borken, it is abandoned

the wall paper is pealing but for the most part the furniture is in good condition tho heavily covered in webbing and dust, around the windows there are scortch marks along with around the door there it a large wooden stair case leadin to the second floor, with variouse painting of peoples unknows that are covered in dust and fading , there is a scattering of bricks and leaves everywhere on the floor from where the tree took down the wall

there is a cyote carring a dead rabbit next to the fence it seems to have just come up and its stares at me a moment befor turing tail and running away

a small water fall like stream that is about 6 feet high with hardly any water, the water is clear and there are no fish presant, i bend down and take a sip of it its has a earth and acid like taste and i spit it out, it runs threw the forest curvings around large bulders

the forest, i sit a while on the edge and watch the sun rise slowly in the horison

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 07:14 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!