Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hackers, how do you tell?
FurryMammal
post Nov 1 2003, 09:47 PM
Post #1

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Group: New Members
Member No.: 559

im beginning to believe my PC has other people accessing it, it keeps crashing at odd moments, or restarting randomly with no indication or apparant fault. also, some files are broken or damaged on anti virus, aol keeps falling over, my friends have recently got into the whole hacking thing and this would be a pretty good joke for them, and alsooooo eeeeeer thats it for now.

any info? my pc is kinda crap and loads of stuff doesnt really work well offline, let alone online, so it may be that

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Nov 1 2003, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Member No.: 154

ctrl + alt + delete. anything you don't like the look of, CLOSE.

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Nov 1 2003, 09:50 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Debaser @ Nov 1 2003, 09:57 PM)
ctrl + alt + delete. anything you don't like the look of, CLOSE.

its been going on for a while, but i dont open email unless i know who its from and i delete everything else. so i dont think its that, but maybe it is. hmm.

the thing that worries me is the broken norton anti virus files. i keep redownloading it but it seems to have no effect

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Nov 1 2003, 09:51 PM
Post #4

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Interesting, this - ever since I got Norton Internet Security *pauses to dodge missiles thrown by l33t purists* I get about ten attacks per day. Now either my computer was being systematically and regularly raped for several months without any noticeable ill-effects, or Norton plays silly buggers.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Nov 1 2003, 09:58 PM
Post #5

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Member No.: 154

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Nov 1 2003, 10:00 PM)
Interesting, this - ever since I got Norton Internet Security *pauses to dodge missiles thrown by l33t purists* I get about ten attacks per day. Now either my computer was being systematically and regularly raped for several months without any noticeable ill-effects, or Norton plays silly buggers.

aye. i uninstalled mine...

and furry, it's easier than you'd think to get something installed onto your comp without you knowing about it...

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Nov 1 2003, 10:01 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Debaser @ Nov 1 2003, 10:07 PM)

aye. i uninstalled mine...

and furry, it's easier than you'd think to get something installed onto your comp without you knowing about it...

i know, thats what im wary of. no worries though, im getting a new computer soon

--------------------

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Nov 1 2003, 10:02 PM
Post #7

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Banned
Member No.: 61

norton plays mind games with all

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Nov 2 2003, 02:02 AM
Post #8

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 408

i have like 3 or 4 anit virus things, and several patches... but as a key reminder never except anthing by the name of setup.exe.exe or game.exe.exe

edit: setup.exe.exe is a virus my freind made, game.exe.exe. is a virus i made

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 2 2003, 02:37 PM
Post #9

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Nov 2 2003, 02:11 AM)
edit: setup.exe.exe is a virus my freind made, game.exe.exe. is a virus i made

..probably means its not exactly up there with the big boys then, i had a similar thing with norton firewall but i recently reinstalled it and i havn't had one warning, well i have, but not from outside attack,

virus' are buggers, we all know this, as people in IRC might tell you I've had a few problems recently, probably somehow linked to IRC (or ntl i'm not sure) but it was a real bugger, those people are clever, well cleverer than just to add another .exe extension to the end of the filename, i mean COMMON, you take us for morons?! it's when you get files like crrsr.exe and lsas.exe that you get confused (incidently there are files called crssr.exe and lssas.exe that are vital to running windows xp)

so if you're looking for a virus it's usually somewhere in your system/system32 directory (depending on you OS) and you registry might have been tampered with...depending in the compentancy of the hacker....bastards

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 2 2003, 03:23 PM
Post #10

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Nov 2 2003, 06:46 AM)
it's when you get files like crrsr.exe and lsas.exe that you get confused (incidently there are files called crssr.exe and lssas.exe that are vital to running windows xp)

so if you're looking for a virus it's usually somewhere in your system/system32 directory (depending on you OS) and you registry might have been tampered with...depending in the compentancy of the hacker....bastards

*nods*

I somehow got a few right after I first got the new computer. dry.gif But that was probably because it was at least a week before we got any anti-virus software at all, and I was downloading all of the programs I had on my old computer that I wanted on this one. I have some anti-virus stuff now though, and so far so good (yeah, it's Norton...but heh it's working...and it managed to uninstall all those icky viruses that I picked up in the week I didn't have it). Plus since I'm a student, I get one hell of a discount on it. biggrin.gif

One thing I do know is that I like Zone Alarm. It's neat. Lets you see what programs are accessing the Internet and such. I kept geting 293482394832 requests from the program asking if I wanted to let files like SPS was talking about access the Internet before I uninstalled them.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Nov 2 2003, 03:26 PM
Post #11

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (FurryMammal @ Nov 1 2003, 09:56 PM)
aol keeps falling over

that's because AOL is LOSE!

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 08:02 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!