Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stress--, how do you relieve it...?
CrissiLove
post Nov 8 2003, 06:52 PM
Post #1

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 80

I have been sick a lot more lately... and I have even started to lose a lot of hair. blink.gif Apparently, this is supposedly happening because of stress. I know that a lot of people are under major stress. Between jobs, school, family, and relationships... it's enough to drive people crazy! I just went and bought a lot of stuff that's supposed to help relieve stress--including aromatherapy products. What do some of you do to relax...? I just kind of thought that maybe everyone has some ideas and things that work for them that other people could try....

Or, maybe this is just stupid.... lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 8 2003, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I smoke. It's not a good way to relieve stress and I don't highly recommend it but that's what I do. laugh.gif Try bubble baths.

Have you seen a doctor yet? Sometimes hair loss can be a result of thyroid problems and it's a good idea to have it checked out. Hopefully it is just a result of stress but I would go see a doctor if I were you, and had the ability to see one.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Nov 8 2003, 09:27 PM
Post #3

Thank you, LoLo.... smile.gif I don't think I will take up smoking though.... lol

I guess this was a silly idea.... lol I just thought that since so many people come on here with problems and stuff, that maybe we could all offer ideas on what we can do to try to relax or relieve some stress.... Some people may turn to a favorite book or do breathing exercises.... I don't know.... lol Just ignore me. hehe

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 8 2003, 09:34 PM
Post #4

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

People really do care...they just don't want to post their activities that relieve stress....ask lolo >_> tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Nov 8 2003, 09:38 PM
Post #5

LOL Ohhhh, okay.... I don't think I will even ask! tongue.gif hehe

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Nov 8 2003, 11:09 PM
Post #6

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I like to listen to some music. I find that when I'm feeling stressed out, Weird Al really helps. Don't bother with any emo or angsty stuff. That just adds stress.

I also have a friend where when either of us is feeling crappy we'll phone each other and commiserate. We have a sort of deal that we won't hold anything back or try to hide any problems from each other.

What else? I like to take baths and paint my finger nails. It's nice and relaxing... Also reading some light mindless stuff helps clear my head and when I'm feeling insomniac-ish I'll watch infomercials. That makes your mind go blank. Totally and absolutely wiped.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
VVes
post Nov 8 2003, 11:28 PM
Post #7

iHuman

Member No.: 483

Hey Crissi, sis, I drove real fast , I play ultra violent games and try to read and create stuff, like paint , draw, compose weird sounds , do something creative that will take your mind off of things for a while.

It's a matter of redirecting your negative energy to something positive.

HUgggsss, be well my e-sibling!!!

By the way I join your "never e-marry club"....

Is there an official place to post that? tongue.gif

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
Pab
post Nov 8 2003, 11:46 PM
Post #8

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

QUOTE (VVes @ Nov 9 2003, 12:37 AM)
Hey Crissi, sis, I drove real fast , I play ultra violent games and try to read and create stuff, like paint , draw, compose weird sounds , do something creative that will take your mind off of things for a while.

..yes. I like to find something to concentrate on, get my mind off things ... and I come to this place ...

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Nov 9 2003, 12:13 AM
Post #9

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

Jonathan taught me Tai Chi when he was down, it is a good stress reliever, I tried it and it works.

Give that a shot, and hope you feel better soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Nov 9 2003, 03:31 AM
Post #10

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

i go crazy at people, and it helps. lol. i smoke too. and listen to depressing music at high volume.

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
ravein
post Nov 9 2003, 03:38 AM
Post #11

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

I find that old comic tapes help.. get a little Eddie Izzard, Richard Pryer, Saturday Night Live, Eddie Murphay, Adel Gibbions, any of the Def Comedy Jam tapes. Also find a massage school in your area.. you can get student massages for super cheap. Also look at what is making you stressed.. if it school, work etc.. you can look into ways of making it less stressfull. Try and find the root and fix it as best as possible

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Nov 9 2003, 09:54 AM
Post #12

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

An ice cold bottle of white wine, a boiling hot bubble bath (candles optional) and some nice music in the background.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Nov 9 2003, 12:28 PM
Post #13

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

I often have probs wi de-stressin, comes with me bein a worrier by nature, an normally worried about other people's feelings an thoughts, a bit like yerself.

So, as a de-stress, I usually do things like this:

Long hot soak in the bath
Get together with me friends an play puter games an generally have a laugh
Drive somewhere quiet, on me own, an admire the view
Listen to some really mellow choons an chill with a beer or summat
Listen to really loud music an play air drums or air guitar till I'm tired!
Watch a stupid movie, like Airplane or Bill & Ted or the like
Take time out to play with the kids
Hug

If summat is really buggin me, then I sit alone an think about how to fix the problem.

If a person is stressin me out, I think of all the things I wanna say to them (usually not very nice things) then say them out loud to meself. Once I've done that, I tend to feel less angry an stressed.

But the best way to fix things when people think negatively about what ya do, just think for a moment if it's what ya wanna do. If it is summat you wanna do, then just think "f**k 'em!" an get on with it. Nobody else can make ya happy, only you can do that, an if summat makes ya happy then it can't be wrong. An anyone who truly cares will see that an support ya, even if they don't agree with it.

There's only two acceptable reasons fer hair loss, an that's male pattern baldness an chemotherapy. Hair loss through stress is really bad, hon, an I think you need some time out to sort it, or perhaps talk to someone - this needn't be a shrink, ya could talk to a good friend, or someone ya know, or even the person causin you to stress (if that's the case).

Take care of yerself, sweetie. I'll be thinkin of ya, an ya can email me any time ya want if ya wanna offload or whatever.

********Humongous de-stressin hug********

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
SteelWingedCheru...
post Nov 9 2003, 07:20 PM
Post #14

"in revolution one wins or dies"

Group: New Members
Member No.: 523

Meditation is great and I also find that swearing out loud is very effective too, and just listeneing to extremely loud rock/or whatever, music helps as well.

well thats all I can think of

Happy de- stressing

--------------------
Remember, only left-handed people are in their right minds! haha! not funny

+Quote Post
Succubusalicious
post Nov 10 2003, 09:25 PM
Post #15

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 604

When I'm stressed I just stick on a really good song, turn it up loud and sing as loud as I can, really really out of tune. Works for me !! I don't know if anyone else finds this, but singing really cheers me up.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Nov 10 2003, 09:36 PM
Post #16

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

I find black metal relaxing. Particularly that friendly little ditty "Needled 24/7" by Children of Bodom.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 10:40 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!