Closed TopicStart new topic
> Jajay721 Won't Be Coming Back
Mata
post Nov 16 2003, 01:49 AM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Sometimes decisions have to be taken to prevent an anti-social forumite from destroying the community. JaJay has been one of those cases.

This will be easier to explain if I just post the email I sent with his suspension:

Hi,

I don't like this kind of situation but given what I have seen I find no choice but to bar you from the forums. Your posting style has been consistently aggressive and argumentative, despite requests you have done nothing to amend this. You have displayed an attitude of intolerance towards those of sexualities other than heterosexual and refused to discuss or substantiate these views.

It is has now been brought to my attention that on at least one occasion you have used links from the forum to abuse people outside of the forums. This is unacceptable.

Put yourself in my position, would you be willing to yet again say to the other mods 'let's give JaJay one more chance, we might be misunderstanding the intention' or would you decide to cut the loses and accept that the views you have posted are diametrically opposed to those of the forum and are being stated without any desire for discussion, and that the only solution would be to remove posting rights?

I'm not an irrational man, so the decision has to be the latter. You have been given informal requests to change your style of communication and you have been given two official warnings that you have ignored. Really you’ve not left me with any choice of action to take.

I wish you well in the future but I cannot allow you back onto my forums.

Regards,

Mata

To be honest, this was by far the easiest decision to bar a person that I have made.

I never like doing this, I always hope to the end that a person will turn the corner and begin being more open to discussing their ideas and the ideas of others, but there is only so long that you can do this for.

I would like to thank the mods for their support in this and apologise to members of the board that have suffered because of JaJay's presence.

Mata

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Nov 16 2003, 02:53 AM
Post #2

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 649

alright...i jsut want to know...when did he act intolerant towards other peoples sexualities? i know that i did not read all of his posts...but i never saw any flaming someones sexuality.

though i still beleive you made the right choice mata. i know this wasnt easy, but my repect is reinforced whenever you take this course of action.

i want to say...a round of applause for mata.

*claps*

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
VVes
post Nov 16 2003, 03:11 AM
Post #3

iHuman

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 483

After a quick review of all his posts, especially those regarding sexuality issues, it was for the good of the forums, as always oh great One!

Not that I ever doubted your reasons Mata, I just had to see with my own eyes.

blink.gif

*Standing "O"*

Here Here!

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
William Wallace
post Nov 16 2003, 06:29 AM
Post #4

*mechanical breath* The force is with you.

Member No.: 690

QUOTE (Mata @ Nov 16 2003, 01:58 AM)
Sometimes decisions have to be taken to prevent an anti-social forumite from destroying the community. JaJay has been one of those cases.

This will be easier to explain if I just post the email I sent with his suspension:

Hi,

I don't like this kind of situation but given what I have seen I find no choice but to bar you from the forums. Your posting style has been consistently aggressive and argumentative, despite requests you have done nothing to amend this. You have displayed an attitude of intolerance towards those of sexualities other than heterosexual and refused to discuss or substantiate these views.

It is has now been brought to my attention that on at least one occasion you have used links from the forum to abuse people outside of the forums. This is unacceptable.

Put yourself in my position, would you be willing to yet again say to the other mods 'let's give JaJay one more chance, we might be misunderstanding the intention' or would you decide to cut the loses and accept that the views you have posted are diametrically opposed to those of the forum and are being stated without any desire for discussion, and that the only solution would be to remove posting rights?

I'm not an irrational man, so the decision has to be the latter. You have been given informal requests to change your style of communication and you have been given two official warnings that you have ignored. Really you’ve not left me with any choice of action to take.

I wish you well in the future but I cannot allow you back onto my forums.

Regards,

Mata

To be honest, this was by far the easiest decision to bar a person that I have made.

I never like doing this, I always hope to the end that a person will turn the corner and begin being more open to discussing their ideas and the ideas of others, but there is only so long that you can do this for.

I would like to thank the mods for their support in this and apologise to members of the board that have suffered because of JaJay's presence.

Mata

JaJay was rather young and unformed huh.gif , but what the hey, Mata always does the right thing!

*clap clap*

Your decision was no doubt in the right. And that letter touched me.

--------------------
The one and Only! Rebel Alliance Chief of State.

[b3ta}WWWWWWWWWWW>

Guinness is Good for You.

Loyal son of Scotland

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 16 2003, 02:17 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Nov 16 2003, 03:02 AM)
alright...i jsut want to know...when did he act intolerant towards other peoples sexualities? i know that i did not read all of his posts...but i never saw any flaming someones sexuality.

In this thread http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=6032

He consistently tries to link bi/homosexuality with paedophilia, despite admitting the statistics can be used to try and justify any point of view on any connection or lack thereof. I'm not going to put up with that kind of narrow minded prejudice on here.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 16 2003, 03:01 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (William Wallace @ Nov 16 2003, 06:38 AM)
JaJay was rather young and unformed

apparently not, I had a conversation with him on AIM, and if he's to be believed (and i'm gonna say i do, because either what he said was the truth or one of the best concieved lies i've heard) he's in his 20's and he'd been in the intelligence thingy for the US army and i believe he's currently doing a degree in psycology with aspirations to join the FBI or CIA

and i want to say this, i don't believe he was innocent of what mata's susspended him for but i believe he was treated a little harshly by some of the forum veterans, myself included, he was shot down and flamed for saying things other forum members have said and gotten away with, and you be a member of an armed service for 4 years and you might understand why his posting style is what it was.....

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Guest_JaJay_*
post Nov 16 2003, 03:51 PM
Post #7

Guests

First of all if you wanted me to leave all you had to do was ask nicely. Banning someone's IP address is rather stupid. You can't ban anyone from your forum, especially if they don't have dial up.

And I guess I was banned because I wasn't considerate of people's sexuality... prove to me where this happened. If 50% of all murders are are committed by black people in the US and only 20% of the people in the US are black, there's something to talk about there. Not that ALL black people are murderers, but it is something to note and discuss. If you are too blind by your own views to relate that to a gay issue, perhaps I'm not the one who is thick.

And when did I ever link from this forum to mock anyone? Prove to me that. I have never done such a thing.

I guess I'll leave, maybe I'll linger. Whatever....

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Nov 16 2003, 03:57 PM
Post #8

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Member No.: 154

QUOTE (JaJay @ Nov 16 2003, 04:00 PM)
First of all if you wanted me to leave all you had to do was ask nicely. Banning someone's IP address is rather stupid. You can't ban anyone from your forum, especially if they don't have dial up.

And I guess I was banned because I wasn't considerate of people's sexuality... prove to me where this happened. If 50% of all murders are are committed by black people in the US and only 20% of the people in the US are black, there's something to talk about there. Not that ALL black people are murderers, but it is something to note and discuss. If you are too blind by your own views to relate that to a gay issue, perhaps I'm not the one who is thick.

And when did I ever link from this forum to mock anyone? Prove to me that. I have never done such a thing.

I guess I'll leave, maybe I'll linger. Whatever....

One, I can't believe you have the audacity to start up a new account.

Second, discussing isn't really your forte, is it? What you're trying to do with that point is just drag up needless discrimination and prejudice in a "presentable" form.

Third, there's been 2 posts in 2 different people LiveJournal's that have been traced to your IP.

Fourth, doesn't the fact that you've been kicked off mean ANYTHING to you? You're not wanted here.

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Nov 16 2003, 03:59 PM
Post #9

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

...and don't even try to deny that....

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Nov 16 2003, 04:02 PM
Post #10

This too.

--------------------
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
Guest_JaJay_*
post Nov 16 2003, 04:02 PM
Post #11

Guests

Second, discussing isn't really your forte, is it? What you're trying to do with that point is just drag up needless discrimination and prejudice in a "presentable" form.

I'm trying to needlessly drag discrimination and prejudice? Are you that thick? When someone makes a point such as that and then everyone flips out and comes up with assinine reasons as to how it could be so and rebutt the fact that it's true, I feel the need to continue and open their head. It is not discriminitory to say that more than half of murders in America are committed by blacks while the black population is a minority. The same as it is not discriminitory or prejudice to speak of homosexuals.

Third, there's been 2 posts in 2 different people LiveJournal's that have been traced to your IP.

Yea well my roommates get a kick out of some of this and we all have the same masked ip. In fact I know of over 10,000 other people who have the same ip mask.

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Nov 16 2003, 04:06 PM
Post #12

I'm trying to needlessly drag discrimination and prejudice? Are you that thick? When someone makes a point such as that and then everyone flips out and comes up with assinine reasons as to how it could be so and rebutt the fact that it's true, I feel the need to continue and open their head. It is not discriminitory to say that more than half of murders in America are committed by blacks while the black population is a minority. The same as it is not discriminitory or prejudice to speak of homosexuals.

See what I mean? You're presenting it in such a manner that you're trying to force a correlation. This is an example of prejudice.

Yea well my roommates get a kick out of some of this and we all have the same masked ip. In fact I know of over 10,000 other people who have the same ip mask.

Right. Your typing style, your way of wording, your idiot way of insulting, and your IP. HUGE coincidence, that.

--------------------

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
Guest_JaJay_*
post Nov 16 2003, 04:09 PM
Post #13

Guests

QUOTE (Debaser @ Nov 16 2003, 04:15 PM)

See what I mean? You're presenting it in such a manner that you're trying to force a correlation. This is an example of prejudice.

Right. Your typing style, your way of wording, your idiot way of insulting, and your IP. HUGE coincidence, that.

I'm not wording it any different that the above example.

And if it makes you feel any better my three roommates think you're a little on the... well, you know.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Nov 16 2003, 04:14 PM
Post #14

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

JaJay...you were banned. and if those comments on the livejournals were made by you (and they were) then you can just get the f--k out of here now. i have no sympathy for you. go.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
Guest_JaJay_*
post Nov 16 2003, 04:24 PM
Post #15

Guests

When have I ever told anyone to kill themselves? Think about it. To be honest, I don't care enough to read livejournals on here.

+Quote Post
applesauce
post Nov 16 2003, 04:26 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 711

JaJay I have one basic question for you.

If you think we're all ignorant and stupid, then why do you even read this forum?

--------------------
I could fly if i wanted too... I'm just too lazy.

+Quote Post
werewolf3361
post Nov 16 2003, 04:27 PM
Post #17

Lost in my mind

Member No.: 555

QUOTE (applesauce @ Nov 16 2003, 04:35 PM)
JaJay I have one basic question for you.

If you think we're all ignorant and stupid, then why do you even read this forum?

good question... I second it...

--------------------
IPB Image
I <3 Girls
"Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians!"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 16 2003, 04:27 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (JaJay @ Nov 16 2003, 04:18 PM)
And if it makes you feel any better my three roommates think you're a little on the... well, you know.

As this is half the problem, you like insulting people in moderately indirect ways.

Statistics about the ethnic background of people are fairly reliable, a person's skin colour can be quantified. Sexuality cannot be quantified in such a way and is renouned for the difficulty experienced in researching the field.

Comparing the reliability of statistics about race and sexuality is a fundamentally flawed activity that in no way supports what you have been saying. The straw that broke the camel's back with you was that you were determined to support the idea that there was a link between paedophilia and bi/homosexuality despite the inherent weakness of the data that research in the area is based on, a weakness that you yourself had acknowledged.

You had been given a warning about your style of writing being overly confrontational and your unwillingness to listen to the views of others. You ignored this. You have consistently in your time here started arguments, you have insulted other members of the board and then finally you display support homophobic ideas.

All members of this forum must abide by the rules and you have broken them on numerous occasions. After having been given warnings about this you persisted in your style of writing and so you were barred.

Yes, I'm sorry JaJay but with your ideas of what constitutes correct behaviour towards other people when attempting a civilised discussion, you are not welcome here.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Nov 16 2003, 04:55 PM
Post #19

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

OK, normally I'm the nice guy (erhm...girl) but I've had enough of this. I totally support mata for banning you after reading this post, and your posts. I have zero tolerance for those who have an intolerance for others. You continue to slander us with insults, and all you want is attention; that is why you keep doing this.

Although, studying psychology, you should know that now shouldn't you. I am sick and tired of insults in general; particularly those who are in the racial and sexual genre. Please, mata banned you, now as acidteardrop said, get out of here.

We must learn to be tolerant of one another and be able to live with each other, if not, then what else do we have left? So I ask you this, go back and really reread the things that you've written. Particularly in this topic. Don't you think the posts made by you are slanders towards others? Whether intentional or not, they are. You've been told of this, you've been warned, and you've been banned. Yet you persist.

This topic could go on forever, and I could rant and rave and point out faults; but personally I'd like to think that I'm above that. Stop dwindling and just leave please. We can sit here and continue to b*tch you out, or you can leave and take whatever dignity (if any) you have left with you. I do have to say that I feel better venting a little, but if this topic continues to go on then it's just a waste of everyone's time. So I ask those who have already posted in this topic not to post again. Not for my benefit, but to ignore jajay and his essence/presence. If we ignore him he will become but a memory, and if we forget the memory, then he will cease to exist.

Thank you mata, for banning him, I know this kind of decision is never easy; I've been in your position before. I know that it isn't fun.

::huggles mata::

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 16 2003, 04:58 PM
Post #20

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

....boy do i feel like a gibbon

/me puts on dunce hat and sits in the corner

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Nov 16 2003, 05:02 PM
Post #21

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

/me pleads with Dace to stay in his hole so that a reasonable statement can be made.

JaJay I've been back five minutes and read this stuff and already i can tell enough about you to not even want to bother reading more pointless, idiotic, mindless drivel that my little brother of 11 would say is childish.

You ARE being offensive to people and denying it with the kind of messed up statements that you have in this thread is not helping one bit. For example, when Mata raised the point that his main inhibition about your posts was your aggressive narrow mindedness, relating in particular to your views on sexuality as the worst of a bad bunch, you in turn told us "thick" people that blacks are discriminated against (I'm guessing whilst holding one finger up to the imaginary black race in your own head and reciting from a Bible or some such nonsense). Not only that but you went to all the trouble of opening a new account DESPITE the fact that you knew fine well that you were no longer welcome here. Now I dont know exactly whose favour you were trying to win with such an act but i can tel you right now it doesnt matter if they are members of the KKK. They would still think that you are a repulsive, immature, insensitive peaon with the mindset of someone who had gone through childhood, become an adult and retreated into a blanket-ridden corner at the first mention of the word "maturity". If you have a problem with anything on this site go ahead and preach. But do us all a favour and do it to your Bible and your three "like minded" room-mates (who i presume are all the same gender as you and live in close proximity for at least a third or more of the day).

Ahem. Not even going to go into those connotations with you sonny.

Now if it helps im glad you are internet literate enough to know a few things about Ip addys that many people use said "masks". But please grow some brains and realise that whilst you may be fooling a computer with a "mind" almost as narrow as your own and no such thing as experience with people, but that you cannot think to fool ANY ONE of the people on this forum. I think maybe if you took the last digit in their IQ it might be considered at least a multiple of the total of your own. Now go bother someone on Yahoo - I'm sure there are more "like minded individuals" there who use Ip masks and call people "thick" just so they can giggle at the poor bugger at the other end who cant come round to your house later and square-go you. We have a word for people like you here. We call you neds, and there isnt a single person alive that likes them. In fact they even hate themselves. Begone.

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
William Wallace
post Nov 16 2003, 05:04 PM
Post #22

*mechanical breath* The force is with you.

Member No.: 690

*edited by a Higher Power*

--------------------
The one and Only! Rebel Alliance Chief of State.

[b3ta}WWWWWWWWWWW>

Guinness is Good for You.

Loyal son of Scotland

+Quote Post
Dedbutdrmng
post Nov 16 2003, 05:13 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 701

Jajay made the comments about murder and ethnicity and didn't link this through to what it says about poverty and social ghettoization in the US.

He's either;

Bright enough to realise this and has left it out in the hope of it kicking up a fuss as he enjoys it.

Not intelligent enough to realise it and thinks he's making a valid point.

Either way any attention for that type is good attention. I'd suggest locking this thread and ignoring/deleting any further posts from him. Not very democratic but this isn't a democracy, it's part of a site for Mata's animations and is meant to be enjoyable for anyone who might pop by.

I think Mata's been more than fair with this chap, if he won't stay away you could always report him to his college. They tend to take a dim view on such things.

RJ

--------------------

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dedbutdrmng/

The Dead Dave Files I - IV
In a world where the dead aren't too bright, you need a detective who isn't either...
http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/dayoffprodpr.html
Illustrated by Mata Haggis.

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Nov 16 2003, 06:25 PM
Post #24

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

Jay, we are all usualy very accepting here.. but u are SO out of line. U insult us indirectly, u continue to post when u have been banned, and u still continue to argue with Mata pushing your opinions and trying to force them on us. Im normaly a nice person and very accepting, but your an a$$hole. sorry mods, but someone had to say it. U have been banned, leave.

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Nov 16 2003, 06:26 PM
Post #25

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

ok jay, let's make the reasons you were banned very clear. even for you. i know that's pretty hard, considering you haven't really listened to anyone since you got here, but at least try this time:

1) you antagonized everyone you possibly could while you were here. you insulted, dis-respected, blatantly ignored warnings and finally a WHOLE RULE put up to make you stop. you are, as polo said, a troll. seriously, go to the flamewarriors website and look up 'troll'. the description matches perfectly. in fact, you making a new account to get around a ban is just another example of trolling. you are not welcome here. go troll somewhere else. you. are. not. wanted. LEAVE. mata even made his PM to ban you extremely nice and in no way angry. we were all as tolerant of you as we could for as long as we could and this is how you repay us. you are absolutely pathetic. you have nothing better to do with your life than piss off everyone around you.

2) you were closed-mindedly predjudiced. mata's already gone into that so i don't think i need to. there's not much point in denying everything since the evidence is kind of right there.

edit: never mind that last bit.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:27 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!