TigerLily013
post Nov 16 2003, 04:47 PM
Post #1

~才Sanity Impaired since 1986~才

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 82

Max Well Warner
born: April 12th, 1992

My beloved cat, 11 years old has been missing since Saturday. We pretty much ripped the house apart (my mom and I) 3-4 times looking for him dead or alive...nothing.

We also called the SPCA and no cat under his description has been found. I might call again during the week.

We dunno how he got out of the house, both of us have been pondering this and I cannot understand how.

Of course I am a bloody mess. He has been my best friend and sometimes my only friend ever since I was 6 years old. We grew up together, all through my hard times, my great times, when he got a his little brothers and his little sister (my other cats) When we got Marty before we moved (second dog), and my graduation, and pretty much all high school. I can not even describe to you how I am feeling right now without using colourful language to show you how frustrated I am.

I am not looking for sympathy, I am mainly looking for support in finding him. That is why I came here, for as much support as needed. I'll take it from anybody at this point...

Thanks for hearing me out.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
werewolf3361
post Nov 16 2003, 04:51 PM
Post #2

Lost in my mind

Member No.: 555

*hugs* I know how it feels to lose a cat that's like your best friend... all I can say is good luck and make sure to have posters with pics of him around your neigborhood and try to get like stores to put one of the posters up on their bulliten(sp) boards and stuff... I really hope you find him....

--------------------
IPB Image
I <3 Girls
"Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians!"

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Nov 17 2003, 12:18 PM
Post #3

Picture of him with my other cat Smokey.

*Bump*

Thanks Werewolf gal, I appreciate your empathy about this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Nov 17 2003, 12:42 PM
Post #4

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

awww tiger, if i lost my cat treacle i would be at least equally upset!! i really hope you find him soon *hugs*

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Nov 17 2003, 02:07 PM
Post #5

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

hey, i hope he turns up, i dont know what id do if i lost my wee broomstick kitty.

*hugs* i hope it all works out ok...

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Nov 17 2003, 11:39 PM
Post #6

Day 3, still not back home. I put fliers up all around our area and have asked around and no sign. Gonna be calling the humane society every single day until he is found....hopefully alive.

I really really really do appreciate your support guys! I'll turn over all of Brantford if I have to, Max will be found!

<3 Come on home Max, i'll cook you up some pork chops if you do...i'll give you anything you wish hun just please come home.
(He's a smart cat, he knows how to read can labels so he must be able to read this!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Nov 18 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #7

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

Good luck in finding your cat.... sad.gif

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Nov 18 2003, 03:25 AM
Post #8

I've decided to be a bit more optimistic this time. He will be found, one way or another, and of course ill delight you with my pics of him lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Nov 23 2003, 04:43 PM
Post #9

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Where do you live? I think I might have seen a cat like that in the Bronx...

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Nov 23 2003, 06:30 PM
Post #10

Well unless you live in Brantford, Ontario, Canada...I am pretty sure Max ain't there. Thanks though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Nov 23 2003, 11:04 PM
Post #11

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Group: New Members
Member No.: 383

TigerLily...if it makes you feel any better, I have a cat named Doodles who recently disappeared like that as well -- but he came back after a month or two, amazingly. We had given up hope of ever seeing him again by the time he returned. He is an indoor-only cat and has little to no experience of surviving outdoors, so I don't know if he knows how to hunt for food or anything. He must have found something to sustain him through all that time though -- while he returned looking very skinny, he was still alive and had found his way home, and that was the important thing. Also, Doodles is only one year younger than Max, so even "old age" doesn't seem to hinder some cats.

Since Doodles is such a friendly cat, we were speculating that perhaps he'd wandered into someone else's yard and befriended someone who took him home and decided to keep him or something. But most likely what happened is that he probably got locked up into someone's garage or shed, because some of the neighbors were out of town or had just moved out or something around the time that Doodles disappeared. Or maybe he just got lost, I don't know. If you feel comfortable enough to do something like this, go around your neighborhood and knock on people's doors, asking them if they've seen your cat.

Sometimes, though, cats just get the "wandering bug," where they just want to take off and wander for a little while. Maybe that's all that Doodles was doing. I've had more than one cat who does something like this, but usually it's the outdoor cats who do it -- take off abruptly, only to return home in a month as if nothing happened. But even indoor cats can get this urge, as Doodles (and possibly Max) has demonstrated. Cats are harder to "domesticate" than dogs are -- domestic dogs often have no more urge to hunt and to roam, but cats always seem to have these instincts with them. They're very independent, self-reliant and smart animals. So here's to hoping that Max is just curious about "what's out there" and somehow slipped through someone's legs at the open door when your back was turned. Cats can be pretty sneaky, as you probably know. wink.gif

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Nov 23 2003, 11:28 PM
Post #12

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

good luck at finding him Tiger....

I used to have a cat/kitten named Chaos... (very appropriate for him sence he liked to make trouble) and he was like, an indoor/out door kitty. He was really skinny all the time becuase he was an orphan and his mommy got ran over, I found him outside my moms gate that led into her backyard (her old place) and he was sooooo cute i just had to keep him. He was like, the sweetiest, cutiest little kitty ever, and when he grew up he still looked like a young kitty. Then, my mom was like about to move out, and she was trying to keep Chaos and Misty (our kitten at the time) inside so she wouldnt have to find them when she moved and Chaos got out. He didnt come home for days so me and my brother wnet out looking for him. We never did find him before we moved sad.gif but then! when my mom moved into her new apartment.... he rnaodmly showd up at the door, still as skinny/fat as the last time we saw him.. still as adorable.... happy.gif he constantly ran away and came back.... he lived a happy life, untill one stopid day when he was playing out front, this little boy set his fur on fire and we had to put him to sleep dry.gif stoopid fire.... it sucked but still, he came home to us a million times,. Im sure u'll find Max and im sure he'll come home... best wishes..

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Nov 23 2003, 11:55 PM
Post #13

The support is definitely appreciated guys.

Ya, We were told to look in sheds and garages in my area and we did, but no sign. We are keeping our hopes up as best we can and those stories definitely gimme some hope into this.

The other night actually, like i always did for him, when we would have pork chops, I would always save him some and put it on his plate. I did this last night and i didn't realize it until I saw murray (other cat I own) sniffing it over. It made me really sad for a while last night, but ya i pulled myself out of it and those tales are definitely something i will keep in mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:05 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!