IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> East Coast Meet, let's try this again....
gerbilfromhell
post Nov 19 2003, 12:41 AM
Post #1

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 15

ok, last time we couldn't have it because there wasn't enough people. cand told me tonight that she could go if we had it in June. not only that, but some new NYers have been joining. so, post and tell me if and when you can go, and where you'd want to meet. i suggest the starbucks on 96'th and madison.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 19 2003, 12:54 AM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Never been there, Gerb, but I'm sure I could find it.

This would be a lot cheaper for me than going to Sac. I have family I can stay with the whole time, which means I could stay longer probably. That doesn't mean I don't still want to go to the West Coast meet...but I would be a lot more relaxed at this one...and if some people show up who also go to the West coast one...that'd help relax me at that one too *hint hint come to NYC everyone!* I might bring the hubby to this one if he's able to get about a week and a half off of work. Dunno about that.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Nov 19 2003, 01:07 AM
Post #3

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Group: New Members
Member No.: 252

big maybe, but i will try to go.. gerbil you know how to find me so you will be posted on the subject

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Nov 19 2003, 01:11 AM
Post #4

ok, phoe, and as you know, you can sleep in my place.

and to anyone who won't have a place to stay (or just anyone, if we don't have that many people) i can have 7 of you stay in my house. max. and i doubt my parents would let me have that much. but, if you really just can't stay anywhere except for free, or if you just want to stay at my place (tell me which one. i do need to priortize here, just in case too many people want to stay at my house), PM me and after the intial meet-up, you can drop your stuff off at my house (don't worry, you won't have to walk too far from the starbucks)

edit: 6K posts for me! whoo! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 19 2003, 01:17 AM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

I'd offer my in-law's place...but I'm sure they wouldn't like that. My grandma-in-law wouldn't have that at all. She never even let my hubby's friends from real life come into the house.

But oooh wouldn't it be educational for you all to stay in a project building in Harlem? biggrin.gif It sure was for me, boy howdy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Nov 19 2003, 10:45 PM
Post #6

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

good idea. NEW YORK CITY REPRESENTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Nov 19 2003, 11:30 PM
Post #7

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

east coast ill most definitely be there. the location sounds great (what district is that anyways?)

[edit] and gerb. i would need a place to stay if your pad would be alright.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Nov 19 2003, 11:45 PM
Post #8

right, i should've been more specific:

the starbucks on 96'th street and madison is in manhattan, on the upper east side. most likely, if you take a train here, you'll end up in either penn or grand central station.

if you end up in G.C., either take the 4 or 5 train (i'm talking SUBWAY trains now) to 86'th and transfer (i.e. walk up one flight of stairs) to the 6 train and take that to 96'th. get out, and you'll end up on 96'th and lexington. walk two cross-town blocks west. (if you've gotten direction-disoriented in the subway, west at 96'th and lex is uphill) and you're literally standing next to the window

if you end up in penn, take the 2,3,1, or 9 to times square (42n'd street), and transfer to the shuttle to grand central. then follow the directions from G.C.

if you're getting in another way (and need directions), PM/e-mail/IM (all of that contact info in the profile) me and tell me so i can give you directions (hey, it might be over half a year from now, but better too early than too late, right?)

ok, the list now stands at:
me
cand
phoenix (maybe)
S.S.A.O.D.T.
acid

+Quote Post
SuperKathoid
post Nov 20 2003, 02:15 AM
Post #9

the spam bunny

Member No.: 11

hey hey hey - let me know when and where and ill be there.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 20 2003, 05:11 AM
Post #10

Candbrush Threepwood

blink.gif

Okay, I think I know how to get there from my in-laws (I'll talk to you later sometime Gerb to make sure I'd be taking the right route). If I get lost somehow, then I can just call my in-law's place (my gpa in law is a walking subway map).

It's been about 3 years for me though, so it may take me awhile to get re-oriented.

I'm going to try to bring my hubby, in case I hadn't mentioned that before. I found out that it'll be about the same price for me to fly to NYC as to ride the bus...so...Candice will be getting on a plane. For the first time.

blink.gif blink.gif ph34r.gif

I'm not yet completely sure if I'll be able to save up enough..but it IS looking promising! The cost will be raising with bringing the hubby along, but at least we have a free place to stay (oh and Lo...don't mention it to him if you talk to him! It's supposed to be a surprise...early b-day present, I hope).

I'll probably stay there for 3 or 4 days...because I'll need time to spend with the family too, of course. I might bring my hubby along to meet you guys, but he'll probably want to go try and find all of his old friends and such (lord I hope they don't end up getting him arrested..lmao), so I'll probably actually end up showing up to meet you all alone, unless I can convince one of my friends who lives in NYC to tag along with me.

Oh, and if we stay out after dark and I don't have the hubby w/ me...uh, could you all walk me home? lol. I'd feel more comfy in that neighborhood at night in a group. I don't think I ever walked outside at night by myself there. During the day I feel completely secure there...but night time..not so much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Nov 20 2003, 01:25 PM
Post #11

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

hee hee, sounds great cand! well protect you form those ruffians, right peoples? erm...

i remembered last night that i have been to that area of NYC before...in fact i think i had a bagel or something in that very starbucks. but you never know, what with the whole remnants of the starbucks regime biggrin.gif

ill be driving into the city most likely (i only live a few hours away), so ill need directions. ill PM you later with what route ill be coming from.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
sammi
post Nov 20 2003, 08:15 PM
Post #12

As cliched as it sounds, the world is coming to an end. *nods*

Member No.: 652

Duuude, I go to that Starbucks all the time! O_O I love it.... *hugs Starbucks* Anyways, I would come, but there's probably no point seeing I'm still a lil' ol' newb. ^___^ But yeah... Have a good time, peoples! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Krys owns my n00by arse! Twinkie-eating chinchilla. Fear meh! >D Official possessed blueberry of the Evil Empire.Official tree-hugger hugger of the Hug Cult. <3

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:20 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!