Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Horse Back Riding, anyone horse back ride around here
Guest_Fandangohead676_*
post Dec 10 2003, 02:41 AM
Post #1

Guests

Ya well ive been riding english since i was like 5 or 6 cant remember. my parents though i was wasting my life! how many young kids are looking to the future? not many!
oh well so im 13 now and went to my first and so far only show on my 13 b-day. and now we bought a horse. big old 17 hand warmblood throughbreed mix who looks lost and confused most the time. Ya that my Maximus.
so any one wanna talk about there horse or hoses or riding or something because im going insane from my boredish life
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 10 2003, 02:54 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I'm going to move this to daily life cause it doesn't really seem like a daft issue.

I used to like riding horses, but since I stopped talking to my dad or his side of the family since I was 12 I haven't gotten to ride one in a long time. I remember I used to ride this white horse on my grandma's ranch named rebel. He lived up to his name because damn was he a fiesty horse, but I liked him.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Dec 10 2003, 03:35 AM
Post #3

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 80

I have never been horse back riding. I would love to, but I don't have a horse.... lol

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Dec 10 2003, 08:20 AM
Post #4

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

i had 4 hourses but now ive sold two, but yeah i love riding as long as i dont get thrown off.

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 10 2003, 01:53 PM
Post #5

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

sorry people, kinda double posted without meaning to! apologies xx

This post has been edited by the lil' pie fairy: Dec 10 2003, 01:56 PM

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 10 2003, 01:54 PM
Post #6

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

i always wanted to ride regularly sad.gif it's one of my ambitions, along with learning piano and eleccy guitar smile.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Dec 10 2003, 02:00 PM
Post #7

put the aerial on your head

Member No.: 89

I started riding when I was 4 and now I'm 19. I love it. I've kinda got a horse, it's a long story, my sister had him on loan and then went to uni so I had him, now I'm in uni and my father looks after him. He's a lovely little grey, 13'2" and he's really old, coming on 24/5 I think. But yeah, I've always loved horse riding

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
Guest_Fandangohead676_*
post Dec 11 2003, 12:16 AM
Post #8

Guests

Ya i actually think its cool when the horse spooks as long as i dont get thrown off!
dont get me wrong i dont make them spook on purpose but its the thrill, the rush your heart punding and your blood racing. im the same way with roller coasters

+Quote Post
killersquirrel
post Dec 11 2003, 12:40 AM
Post #9

Super advanced member

Member No.: 106

mmm...i love horseback riding. i ride english, have done western, it's pretty fun to just run around but found it kinda uncomfortable. i WISH i owned a horse, but i don't dry.gif been riding since i was 5ish, am now 15. just noticed how long that actually is...crazy.

actually, i can't WAIT til sunday...doing grids(jumping without reins/stirrups)...such fun, can't wait *hops up and down*

awww...i feel really bad when they spook. a lot of times it's kinda pathetic that they do(i know horses who've spooked cuz of umbrellas or a jacket crinkling) but still...and i don't really mind falling off, granted it can hurt but you learn so it works

--------------------
no lies, just love

+Quote Post
Guest_Fandangohead676_*
post Dec 11 2003, 04:43 AM
Post #10

Guests

oh i love that jumping is so fun but ive never gotten too high off the groung im just focusing on dressage at this point, i hate western saddles, they are soooooooooo uncomfortable, too much saddle u cant feel the horse but all my friends that ride ride western so they dont understand they complain how its too small.

+Quote Post
jicama
post Dec 11 2003, 05:03 AM
Post #11

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Member No.: 46

i've ridden a few times, but being a city dweller, not as much as i'd like. when i was a kid i almost got trampled by a mule i was riding. that sucked, but the mule went increasingly crazy and mean spirited after that, so she's glue now. i'd feel bad for her if she hadn't come within 10cm of smashing my skull with her hoof. anyway, that's my story.

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Dec 11 2003, 02:09 PM
Post #12

put the aerial on your head

Member No.: 89

What's really annoying is when people do stupid things to purposley scare the horse. I remember one time when I was out riding this little pony I used to look after, I was only about 13 and the pony (Branzee) was quite young. Any way some idiot on a motorbike came up behind me revved his engine and did a wheelie, needless to say Branzee freaked out and pretty much galloped the rest of the way back to the farm, luckily it was only about 200 odd metres and I managed to stay on. But yeah, that annoys me, but everything else about horses I love, even having to get up at 6am in winter to put him out in the field and then go to school.

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Dec 11 2003, 02:50 PM
Post #13

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

QUOTE (killersquirrel @ Dec 11 2003, 12:39 AM)
mmm...i love horseback riding. i ride english, have done western, it's pretty fun to just run around but found it kinda uncomfortable. i WISH i owned a horse, but i don't dry.gif been riding since i was 5ish, am now 15. just noticed how long that actually is...crazy.

actually, i can't WAIT til sunday...doing grids(jumping without reins/stirrups)...such fun, can't wait *hops up and down*

awww...i feel really bad when they spook. a lot of times it's kinda pathetic that they do(i know horses who've spooked cuz of umbrellas or a jacket crinkling) but still...and i don't really mind falling off, granted it can hurt but you learn so it works

hey wanna buy a hores? i have a 12 year old quarter horse 15 hands for sale... also a year old paint 13 hands for sale... 2500 each...

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fandangohead676_*
post Dec 11 2003, 11:41 PM
Post #14

Guests

ever since i was 9 ive just leased horses. the horse i just bought (my first horse EVER *bounces in seat untill it falls over*) hes so much nicer than the last horse i leased. Nakita a white flea bitten arabian bitch from hell. oh god that horse was so insecrue and when she was in heat she was suicidal. god but shes sitting in a stall now. HA.
YA i really hate it when ppl purposely scare horses. see i live in the majove desert in cali and there are plenty of dry riverbeds but also plenty of quads and bikes!!! once i was riding this horse who would chase them and so when some kid tried to scare him he just took after that thing with me hanging on for dear life. that was so freakin scary. besides all that i lurve horses especially mine!!!

+Quote Post
killersquirrel
post Dec 12 2003, 02:04 AM
Post #15

Super advanced member

Member No.: 106

QUOTE (monkey_called_narth @ Dec 11 2003 @ 09:49 AM)
hey wanna buy a hores? i have a 12 year old quarter horse 15 hands for sale... also a year old paint 13 hands for sale... 2500 each...

:)thanks but nah...parents not willing to pay when i can just ride school horses. i do see their reasoning though.

QUOTE ( Fandangohead676 @ Dec 11 2003 @ 06:40 PM)
there are plenty of dry riverbeds but also plenty of quads and bikes!!! once i was riding this horse who would chase them and so when some kid tried to scare him he just took after that thing with me hanging on for dear life

that's hilarious!!! bet they don't try that on you/other riders anymore:)

mmm. this thread just makes me want to ride...wishing could own a horse again!!! arrrg.

--------------------
no lies, just love

+Quote Post
Guest_Fandangohead676_*
post Dec 15 2003, 05:27 PM
Post #16

Guests

ya well some cop hang out in the river beds looking for the quad ppl cuz they kill tortises. a lil wile ago some stupid lady tried to ban horses from the river bed say they were to dump and clumsy not to step on a tortise. um thats STUPID i mean i cant say much about the clumsy part but come on horses dont step on everything in there way

+Quote Post
miss_spunk
post Dec 15 2003, 09:23 PM
Post #17

Teh Mistress of Screw!

Member No.: 603

I used to horseride, until I moved to London. Damn city. Well anyway, I used to have a shetland pony called Shauny (don't ask). I never rode it though. There was this horse at the stables I used to go too, called Ginger. Damn it was a FEISTY thing. It NEVER did what you told it to do, and it used to buck. A lot. But I adored it, I was the only one who did. Damn I miss him now...he must be retired by now...

Aysha xxx

--------------------
I'd love to stay here and be normal, but it's just so overrated!!!

+Quote Post
jessipuff
post Dec 18 2003, 09:13 AM
Post #18

Super advanced member

Member No.: 497

http://groups.msn.com/upsaddle/jessipuff.m...o&PhotoID=15943
http://groups.msn.com/upsaddle/jessipuff.m...o&PhotoID=15944
http://groups.msn.com/upsaddle/jessipuff.m...o&PhotoID=15326

That's my girl! biggrin.gif
15.3hh Thoroughbred x Irish Draught loon. I've been riding for 12 years, and am a dressage queen at heart. Sadly, Lilypuff doesn't think much of keeping her hooves on the ground, so we compromise, and do a bit of eventing.

I'd love to try Western sometime - it looks wonderful.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 18 2003, 03:45 PM
Post #19

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

my little cousin used to be like one of the best riders in the country in her age range....but she stopped for some reason and lost interest, she was dead good at it though cross country and all that stuff....i never saw the appeal myself even though i do come from an area where the number one cause of back injury is falling off a horse, no word of a lie

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Fred
post Dec 18 2003, 06:51 PM
Post #20

Super advanced member

Member No.: 621

i DID own a pony til april (pictures ponies grave in mind and sighs... least the damn regulations werent in, so we could bury her on our land) but she was just a lil pet, 12 2 and not used 2 bein ridden. NOW i could start training her but id be 2 big, and when i was small enough i wasnt good enough! she made frineds with our cow and she was pretty happy... not pampered, but happy... one place i ride at, have been 4 a year or so, my mate garry whos been going for about EIGHT years so they know him well and trust him- hes gonna join a polo team. whats so special, i hear u cry? theyre using CLYSDEDALES! how cool is that!? I'd love 2 try western some day, tho no v lil about it. occasionally when i can afford it i get in an extra ride where i work, a v proffessional place that has some LOVELY horses. oh yeah, and the clydesdales r gonna b competin against shetlands... *smirks* i'm jealous! but i cant begrude im it, hes been goin 4 so long... i want 2 learn 2 play polo tho in general. just looks so fun! u get 2 gallop round on a horse, and hit things with sticks... what more could i ask... neone here play it?

--------------------
May The Good People Get Much Shiny
I'm a victim... aren't we all?
Spot The Drama Student
The Evil Empire's very own Miss Pointy Things

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Dec 18 2003, 07:03 PM
Post #21

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

Wow....riding.....I haven't done that in close to a decade now. Well, not counting our little trip out to the stables (if you could call them that) when my brother came up for my birthday 3 years ago. The horses out there were completely greenbroke, but they also got little to no formal training so they couldn't leg-rein to save their lives and they reFUSED to walk out.

I grew up around horses, mostly. We moved onto a 4-acre farm when I was 6, and my mom started collecting horses shortly afterwards. We went through a lot of horses, mostly because my mom's a perfectionist and once I learned how to ride and was confident in my skills, she wanted to make sure I had a horse with some spirit. But mostly because my mom's a perfectionist. She had to have the perfect horse rolleyes.gif. I started out riding western, but I really don't like western saddles...too clunky, and I hate feeling like my legs are sticking out all the time. So she got me an english saddle when I was 12 and that was mine from then on.

We used to do competitive trail riding...my mom still goes to rides, but she doesn't compete very often anymore. Now she judges. But yeah...I think I'm still a member of ITRA and NATRC....(for anyone who loves horseback riding and lives in the US...(but not dressage or jumping...this is straight up trail-riding) I highly recommend getting ahold of an NATRC representative and joining up.)

But yeah...graduated from high school, moved away from home, and no more horsey-back riding for the Julia. sad.gif

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Guest_Fandangohead676_*
post Dec 19 2003, 05:31 PM
Post #22

Guests

Awww that sucks. hope it never happens to me. oh I'm happy my instructor just gave me a form to join CDS (clifornia dressage socitiy) oh im so excited! now i dont have to pay so uch when i go to show Yipeee!!!!!

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 20 2003, 02:24 PM
Post #23

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

I miss horse back riding. I used to take classes when I was younger...a lot younger...then I started to volunteer at a horse barn where I would work with disabled children in a therapy program. It was awesome I got to work with little kids (including my little cousin) and horses at the same time. When I was done with the classes and taking care of the kids I could ride the horses if I'd like. I stopped though when my cousin stopped going to the program because she was my ride to the horse barn which is quite a ways from here.... sad.gif

But I love to ride, I am definitely not the best at it, but it's sooo much fun!!

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Dec 27 2003, 04:08 AM
Post #24

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

I found a picture of me and my horse when I was 13!!!

That's Chateau (I can't for the life of me think of her full name at the moment)...full blooded Arabian mare, 14 1/2 hands (just barely above pony-sized!)...she would have been about 5 in that picture, I think. She was our best trail horse...everyone loved her, and now that she's getting older, my mom has been leasing her out for breeding. tongue.gif

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Dec 27 2003, 04:58 PM
Post #25

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

*Snkkkt*

Young girls with intact hymens on horses. Tee hee.

That is all.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 07:08 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!