IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Death Threats In Skool
acidteardrop
post Dec 15 2003, 01:32 AM
Post #1

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 649

two weeks ago there was a threat written on teh bathroom wall.

monday, december 15th everyone will die

after taht, and a faculty meeting, the skool decided that attendence would not be counted monday and skool was optional.

last friday, there was another threat found.

ive warned you once,
i warn you twice,
on the fifteenth,
youll pay the price.

ooo, a rhyming threat this time! hm, well, that narrows about 20 people out of who it could be, cos this person is a crappy poet.

anyways, after they got that threat they decided that skool should be mandatory. attendence will be counted.

oh? you dont know the penalties for absentness? well, two tardies counts as an absent, and two absents get you a saturday detention. i have two tardies already (damned alarm didnt go off dry.gif) and i simply CANT have a saturday. plus my dad wont let me skip.

anyways, i think its jsut an idle threat. but idk. once id have passed it off as nothing. but a secodn one?seems kidna sketchy to me.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fluffy
post Dec 15 2003, 01:37 AM
Post #2

Haibane

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 731

I dunno. I hope it's just some guy trying to scare everyone. I guess we'll know tomorrow...

--------------------
Odd Numbers = Raisins
Proudly e-married to Silver Star! This happened on January 11, 2004.
I'm DarkProtector's foob!

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 15 2003, 03:05 AM
Post #3

i cant help but think...what if this isnt an idle threat? what if im wasting the final hours of my life?

sorry. im being melodramatic, but its possible. what if it does happen? i just dont trust my skool.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
killersquirrel
post Dec 15 2003, 03:25 AM
Post #4

Super advanced member

Member No.: 106

*hugs ATD* i wouldn't worry about it

soooo many schools(at least around here) get bomb threats and such 364 days a year( a day off cuz everyone needs a holiday)...yet i don't think there's been a single bomb actually in a school.

and if you ARE worried/get bad karma just standing near the school tomorrow..skip. saturday school's not the end of the world and if it means being safe instead of possibly sorry or having some kind of nervous break down, then it's totally worth it

hmm...nervous breakdown... another option would be: go to school and then after a few minutes, fake some breakdown of some sort and then they [/I]send you home. then you're set:)

*more hugses for dommy*

--------------------
no lies, just love

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Dec 15 2003, 04:02 AM
Post #5

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

This happened the same way at our school last year, eight times to be precise. They left bomb threats on the wall, so we got to spend many fabulous hours sitting on the practice fields away from the "danger zone". It was funny watching some of the coaches running around on the rooves from far away. They looked like little snipers..*giggles*

Don't worry. They're usually idle threats, and if it's not, well....

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 15 2003, 04:04 AM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Are there finals or anything of the sort going on right now?

That always happened at my school because people wanted to get out of tests. You can usually be sure that those are just idle threats. But if you're honestly worried, just stay home. Better safe than sorry.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Dec 15 2003, 04:15 AM
Post #7

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Member No.: 252

my high school was always threatened. only once they locked us down, other times they had weapons check, then my senior year i dont remeber any checks but the threats were still there. my question is did you report it? precautions are to be made by law (i believe) since previous attacks on schools. i hope its just a joke, and that the people in your school will be safe.

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Dec 15 2003, 04:56 AM
Post #8

salad dressing for is unsightly

Member No.: 755

3 years ago, we had a bomb threat called in to our school. Being the bright mind that the administration is, they put us all in the brand-new gym while they searched for a bomb. If I was going to bomb the school, the gym is where I would have put it. I didn't feel very safe that day.

And when I was in junior high, we had a drive-by threat, and they locked us in the gym all day. I've spent lots of time in lock-down in gyms.

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 15 2003, 11:09 AM
Post #9

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

that's sick...why do people do that?!
gah. meh. and nuh to them.
don't worry too much, if they're gonna write on walls, they probably won't go through with it if they've actually got to the stage of trying!!

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Dec 15 2003, 02:03 PM
Post #10

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

An all-Jewish school near me gets bomb-threats every few days. Mostly its from ex-pupils. Needless to say, the school doesn't get the best of exam results.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 15 2003, 02:45 PM
Post #11

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It's strange to hear that this happens so often in schools. I've never had anything like that, the most we ever had when I was at school was someone accidentally bashing into a fire alarm.

I remember one time was great. The fire alarm went off and we were all assembled on the field, the headmaster came out and gave a quick speech:

'It's been reported to us that this morning one of our pupils was hit by a bus just outside the school. *cue a few intakes of breath from everyone* The boy then got up and ran off. He's not in trouble but if he could please come forward we'd like to have him checked for injuries. Thank you.'

biggrin.gif What a bizarre announcement!

Well, back on subject, it sounds like death threats are becoming common-place in schools these days, so it's likely that everything will be okay, but still it must be a little worrying. *hugs*

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Dec 15 2003, 03:01 PM
Post #12

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 15 2003, 07:44 AM)
I remember one time was great. The fire alarm went off and we were all assembled on the field, the headmaster came out and gave a quick speech:

'It's been reported to us that this morning one of our pupils was hit by a bus just outside the school. *cue a few intakes of breath from everyone* The boy then got up and ran off. He's not in trouble but if he could please come forward we'd like to have him checked for injuries. Thank you.'

I'd totally forgotten about that!

Crazy beans!

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 15 2003, 03:07 PM
Post #13

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I remember in highschool when I found out that we got bomb threats pretty much everyday, but they just didn't tell us about them because most weren't viable. Only once did we get sent home due to a bomb threat, but that was also in part due to a school nearby having a school shooting incident at the time. This I think was one of the first school shootings actually, before columbine, where the guy a former student came back to kill the teacher who flunked him and ruined his life.

Anyways. I'm sure everything will be fine. That second threat in the poetry form makes it seem more like a joke than something that will really happen. Cand's right too, finals are coming up and threats increase around finals.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
miss_spunk
post Dec 15 2003, 03:46 PM
Post #14

Teh Mistress of Screw!

Member No.: 603

I am SURE I posted here before...but I can't see it anywhere...oh well whatever nevermind. I'll just ask again...how did it go?

Aysha xxx

--------------------
I'd love to stay here and be normal, but it's just so overrated!!!

+Quote Post
leopold
post Dec 15 2003, 03:55 PM
Post #15

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

I never saw any bomb threats either, but I heard about a "bum threat" once... well, sort of... Someone had decided, in their infinite wisdom, to take some of their own feces and write on the cubicle wall "THIS IS SHITTY!"

I remember the Headmaster tellin us all about this in assembly one time. I nearly burst out laughin, not cos of the inane prank (which is less funny than havin a root canal with no anaesthetic), but his face as he told us - I could see this blood vessel on his forehead an this weird look in his eyes, an I dunno, it jus seemed so funny watchin him stand there an say it, with this look on his face... It still creases me up today!

Mind, I've always been a bit odd... blink.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Dec 15 2003, 04:51 PM
Post #16

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Member No.: 252

my high school was bad with threats, we couldnt even wear the stove pipe pants, band shits, or all black because it made you a "target". i remember this one girl constantly being harassed because of her pants, her band shirts, and her bracelettes. they eased up the dress code the following next year, but my high school was very silly, it seemed that it was okay to dress like a "thug" but not okay to dress like a skater or gothic. must be a american school thing, threats and of self expression.

(sorry for getting off topic a little biggrin.gif )

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 15 2003, 07:33 PM
Post #17

no deaths today.

im sorry, i dont think teh situation was entirely clearly explained.

my skool gets death threats all the time...like twice a month at least. but no threat ever comes twice...as in the same threat is never repeated. nor is a date ever given.

and it was odd, because that day there were very few tests or anything. plus, idk how long ago it was, but some kid made a death threat. it was disregarded, but then he made another one. the scheduled day he was caught with a handgun in his bag. ph34r.gif

that was the reason i was kinda worried. the fact that 1)a date was given and 2) the same threat came twice.

oh well, nothing today, but whose to say? tomorrow is another day

--------------------

(''')(''')

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 16 2003, 06:22 PM
Post #18

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

(hugs ATD) You'll be okay. I'll say a prayer for you.

My middle school went to hell my eight grade year. In the same year, a kid brought a gun to school, another kid started selling weed, the announcement board was set ablaze and this one guy (a friend of mine) pissed in a trashcan during detention when the bitch teacher wouldn't let him go to the bathroom. A load of other things happened (seven kids were expelled) but the events never got to me through the grapevine. I was almost expelled for telling one of the AV chicks her show during the morning announcements would be better if it were set ablaze. If not for the vice principal really liking me, I might have been.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
cait
post Dec 16 2003, 06:24 PM
Post #19

Social Introvert, Sporatic Poster

Member No.: 747

It's really sad that nobody seems to want to be at school these days. I think that perhaps the school's who do get frequent threats like these should really be taking the time to look into the reasons for it. It can't be soley the particular group of students can it? I mean, something has to provoke these rotten kids.

I have a terrible, falling apart, dirty, under construction, overcrowded school. But nobody seems to threaten it. Perhaps the fact that the building and students have to go through enough with all of it's crappiness makes up for it all. *shrugs*

+Quote Post
cait
post Dec 16 2003, 06:25 PM
Post #20

Social Introvert, Sporatic Poster

Member No.: 747

Also, glad to hear that the threat was just an empty one!

+Quote Post
jicama
post Dec 17 2003, 06:06 AM
Post #21

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Member No.: 46

...so are bomb threats common at most american high schools?

i went to the largest high school in my povience, and i don't recall us getting a single one...

i was in... i think i was in grade 10 when the whole columbine thing happened, and i remember that most of the teachers acted like chickens with their heads cut off for awhile, but then things went back to normal. we never got a metal detector, and the majority of the staff didn't bother with the hall passes, or if they did, they made it a big joke.

i don't mean to come off sounding all superior or anything, it's just that america seems to have a problem with rage... what the heck's with that, eh?

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 17 2003, 06:24 AM
Post #22

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I've never had a bomb threat in any of my schools and we never got a metal detector either. The teachers were a bit paranoid after the Columbine incident, but eventually eased up. When I moved to Florida, the high school began requiring IDs to be worn at all times (like that would do anything). They eventually eased up on that, but they have made the campus a bit more "secure" since I graduated.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 17 2003, 06:48 AM
Post #23

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I think bomb threats are pretty common throughout a lot of America, from what I've heard. I know they sure were common at my school, and my town is rather small. We've never had metal detectors...only an SRO (student resource officer...a cop who patrols the halls) and increased security by limiting the doors people can come in to those directly in front of the office.

They actually had to announce daily for a few weeks that you couldn't have a gun rack on your vehicle if it was parked in the school parking lot because so many people just left them on their trucks -- rifles and all -- during hunting season. rolleyes.gif

I don't know if it's a problem with rage, or just the fact that kids know that it can postpone a test or other such things because of how jumpy everyone is after all those school shootings. As for why there are school shootings...guns are just too easy to obtain here. dry.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Dec 17 2003, 07:00 AM
Post #24

Ai Ravana-hime

Member No.: 421

It's safe to say that a vast majority of school death/bomb threats ARE simply Attention Whores at their worst. Or trying to get out of tests. Or trying to be funny. Or something of that ilk. But I think that with all the school shootings that ARE real, such as in the case of the Media's Favourite Massacre, Columbine, you can't blindly ignore these threats. Think about it. If one really wanted to, they could make these "false" threats, and then the school will stop listening and THEN they strike. It's a scary thought. Every single threat should be met with the utmost sincerity. This is not a triffling issue. Just my two cents.

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 09:56 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!