> Small Countries - Big Cock-ups, bless their little cotton socks
Pab
post Dec 17 2003, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

Hi peeps.

I live in Andorra. It is small. We are between France and Spain, the country is aprox. 21kms x 17kms, 65.000 inhabitants. It is a real country, self governed under a *sort of* democratic system.

So ...

Anybody with a phone line is entitled to up to 5 whatever@andorra.ad e-mail addresses. This service is offered by the STA, the local telephone company/monopoly and the gouvernments computer department. Increasing demand has meant that for the past 2 weeks, the mail server has been highly temperamental, working on average for 5 minutes in any hour. So they've finally changed the server, but its still being temperamental.

So they sent an email to all users apologising for the poor quality of service, and the inconvenience. By email. With the server hardly working. But never mind that detail. This is the good bit:

The gibbon who sent the mail, simply divided the full list of emails into 2 groups, and copy/pasted straight into the 'for' field. The upshot is that EVERYBODY in the country has just received EVERYBODY elses e-mail address, including, but not limited to: all gouvernment departments, the police, the courts, each individual judge, all medical staff, each ministry, each minister, the prisons, the embassies, me, my mates, and pretty much the rest of the population.

Just so no irony is lost, thats the head of the goverment computer department and the head of the Andorran telelcommunications system, just gave everybody everybody elses e-mail address. Woo.

So I made a wee spam of my own, and BCC'd it to the same list of people, meaning everybody.

If I havent been seen on these here forums in the next 5 days, please send a carton of camel light ciggy's to: Paul 'the english guy', Prison of Andorra, Andorra (ring top bell).

Thanks in advance for your support.

I think I'll send them my CV. Maybe I should do that .....

P.S: just recieved a mail from the ex-director of the STA, who has forwarded his own little quip to the same huge list of people. Roughly translated it reads as follows:

God be praised for this gift that is e-mail. Thank you, oh lord, for Microsoft Exchange, and delivering us from the evil Linux. Blessed is thy will to change the server for another one that still doesnt work. And thank you , oh thank you, for divulging all our e-mail addresses, and honouring the holy institution of spam.

signed

J.M. P**

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 17 2003, 08:34 PM
Post #2

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

That is just way to funny! Have fun with all your new Govermental internet friends! LMAO!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Dec 17 2003, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

You know, I'd never heard of Andorra before I met you. This, however, makes it sound like a fun place to live.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 17 2003, 08:43 PM
Post #4

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

::sighs:::

stupid people

They either annoy me or make me laugh laugh.gif

In this case they made me laugh my arse of laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

funny stupid ppl

lolz

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 17 2003, 10:36 PM
Post #5

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

How stupid. How very very stupid. *sigh* dry.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Zesty
post Dec 18 2003, 12:04 AM
Post #6

Group: New Members
From: The United States of America. Except on Tuesday mornings when i travel into another dimension for an hour or so.
Member No.: 660

QUOTE (Pab @ Dec 17 2003, 05:41 PM)
Hi peeps.

I live in Andorra. It is small. We are between France and Spain, the country is aprox. 21kms x 17kms, 65.000 inhabitants. It is a real country, self governed under a *sort of* democratic system.

I have a new life goal: To visit Andorra.

I have never even heard of Andorra. This is just wrong. Do you guys try and keep it on the down low that andorra exists?

--------------------
Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. Its a perfect moment. Soft light... a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. She breathes deeply. Life is simple and clear. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind comes over her..

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Dec 18 2003, 12:06 AM
Post #7

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

The skiing there is pretty good. But you can smell Pab from a mile off (and Andorra's only tiny - there's no escaping the stench!). tongue.gif

I love it when they let idiots run wild in a bureaucracy. That's pretty hilarious Pab.

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Dec 18 2003, 12:07 AM
Post #8

salad dressing for is unsightly

Member No.: 755

I've heard of Andorra before! Really annoyed my world history teacher when I knew about it and she didn't smile.gif

For us linguistically-minded, what's the official language(s) of Andorra?

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time

+Quote Post
Zesty
post Dec 18 2003, 12:22 AM
Post #9

From: The United States of America. Except on Tuesday mornings when i travel into another dimension for an hour or so.

im guessing either french or spanish...... huh.gif unless they have their own little language. laugh.gif

--------------------
Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. Its a perfect moment. Soft light... a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. She breathes deeply. Life is simple and clear. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind comes over her..

+Quote Post
Pab
post Dec 18 2003, 12:34 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (arpeggiodreams @ Dec 18 2003, 01:06 AM)
I've heard of Andorra before! Really annoyed my world history teacher when I knew about it and she didn't smile.gif

For us linguistically-minded, what's the official language(s) of Andorra?

Good question: ... Right here the official language is Catalan. Andorra is the only place in the world where catalan is the official language. It got to a point where our prime-minister at the time made a speach in front of the united nations, in catalan, and the translators just had to go with it .... Oh yes, we're an international force to be reckoned with! Dont come to this place for terrorist activities; permssion shall be rapidly denied ... but if you did it by e-mail then you may or may not have to wait for an answer .... in catalan of course... So if you decide that this is your opportunity to invade a european country (loosely defined), then please address yourselves to me. I shall make sure that your claims are aptly translated to catalan for the punters... but first we wait for them to sort out the email thing, because otherwise it just becomes too tough to manage ... one at a time dudes ... you know you want it ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 18 2003, 12:37 AM
Post #11

Took this grammar!

Alright, now I want an andorran email address. tongue.gif Think of the power! Think of the consequences! Can you think of any? Yeah... I can't either.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Pab
post Dec 18 2003, 12:42 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (Jaq @ Dec 18 2003, 01:36 AM)
Alright, now I want an andorran email address. tongue.gif Think of the power! Think of the consequences! Can you think of any? Yeah... I can't either.

Oh yeah? ... well, for you (and you only) I shall apply for an account called jaq@andorra.ad. Confuse your friends, amuse your enemies with this overly nationalistic Andorran e-mail account. Don't bitch about the service though ... Middle-management is hard to find ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 18 2003, 04:04 AM
Post #13

Empowe(red)

lolz that sounds like fun!

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Zesty
post Dec 18 2003, 05:27 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Pab @ Dec 18 2003, 12:33 AM)
Right here the official language is Catalan. Andorra is the only place in the world where catalan is the official language. It got to a point where our prime-minister at the time made a speach in front of the united nations, in catalan, and the translators just had to go with it .... Oh yes, we're an international force to be reckoned with! Dont come to this place for terrorist activities; permssion shall be rapidly denied ... but if you did it by e-mail then you may or may not have to wait for an answer .... in catalan of course... So if you decide that this is your opportunity to invade a european country (loosely defined), then please address yourselves to me. I shall make sure that your claims are aptly translated to catalan for the punters... but first we wait for them to sort out the email thing, because otherwise it just becomes too tough to manage ... one at a time dudes ... you know you want it ...

You are too funny! want me to help you take over the government of Andorra? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 18 2003, 07:17 AM
Post #15

Took this grammar!

QUOTE (Pab @ Dec 17 2003, 06:41 PM)
QUOTE (Jaq @ Dec 18 2003, 01:36 AM)
Alright, now I want an andorran email address.  tongue.gif  Think of the power!  Think of the consequences!  Can you think of any? Yeah... I can't either.

Oh yeah? ... well, for you (and you only) I shall apply for an account called jaq@andorra.ad. Confuse your friends, amuse your enemies with this overly nationalistic Andorran e-mail account. Don't bitch about the service though ... Middle-management is hard to find ...

That's it Pab. You're officially the coolest person in the world. If you were any cooler you could store a side of meat in you. You're so hip I'm surprised you can see over your own pelvis. In other words w00t! j00 ru73! 1337 haxx0r5!!!

Um..yeah..

--------------------

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 18 2003, 10:47 AM
Post #16

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

oh so wonderful....you've just amused about fifteen bored students biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Pab
post Dec 18 2003, 05:35 PM
Post #17

UPDATE!

Guess, just guess what I recieved yesterday afternoon. No? This:

CODE
Postmaster would like to recall the message, "informació per a usuaris del compte de correu electronic andorra.ad".

... sent to the same list, in the 'for' field once again.

I'll just let that sink in a bit ....

So, lets imagine the guy at his PC, a look of dismay on his face as he realizes the enormity of the mistake. Then he thinks to himself .... "ooh, I know. I'll click the RECALL button!". Not only is this primate trying to 'unring a bell', but he commited the same crime AGAIN in the process.

Boy oh boy oh boy ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Dec 18 2003, 05:46 PM
Post #18

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Even had he remembered the "BCC" field, how would have, in essence, "Forget I said that" helped?

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 18 2003, 06:10 PM
Post #19

Empowe(red)

:::laughs uncontrolably::: idiots...hahahaha

That's it Pab. You're officially the coolest person in the world. If you were any cooler you could store a side of meat in you. You're so hip I'm surprised you can see over your own pelvis. In other words w00t! j00 ru73! 1337 haxx0r5!!!

lmao...

you guys crak me up

that idiot guy cracks me up

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 18 2003, 06:36 PM
Post #20

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

Pab what does the bottom of your logo say? Also what does it say in that last message sent back to you?

God I wish I spoke more than English, and a tiny few funny spanish phrases. laugh.gif

That's freaking funny btw pablito.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Pab
post Dec 18 2003, 06:53 PM
Post #21

The text in the pic says 'This document is not an advert. This is a joke', and informació per a usuaris del compte de correu electronic andorra.ad is 'information for users of the andorra.ad e-mail account', which was the subject of the original email. Before you re-read it 12 times, the sentence does not make any sense. I think he meant 'information for users of andorra.ad e-mail accounts' , but what would he know? He's the head of the Andorran Government Computer Department, not jonman ....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 19 2003, 01:46 PM
Post #22

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Oh! Know I can't belive he manage to be that idiotic TWICE!!!!! LMAO!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Baron
post Aug 7 2004, 12:10 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,219

Take over Andorra? Why would we do that?

Let's all go out to the Carribean or Polynesian islands, find an unused Tropical Island, and declare it to by "The Republic of the Other Side".

Or some other approprate name...

Other Side Island.

Matazone Island.

Matastan.

Snaffleburg.

Anyone else gonna help?

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Aug 7 2004, 12:25 AM
Post #24

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I do want to visit Andorra. I saw it on a map and I thought "ooh! how cool! tiny country!"

But that is really hilarious. The entire country's, not matter how small, email addresses? Buahahaha. I'd be poring over the list like "Hmm I wonder who *this* is" and emailing all the important people to say Hi. laugh.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 12 2004, 11:49 AM
Post #25

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

That really is very daft indeed.

To do it once is silly, to do it twice shows exactly why you are having so much trouble with your servers. The man obviously has no idea what he's doing. I'd not be too surprised if he's been inundated with emails from computer firms telling him that they are good at setting up mail servers...

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 06:15 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!