Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Truce, This needs to be.
Righteous
post Dec 19 2003, 05:51 AM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

We've all had our differences. All of us. I've noticed that some of us have taken our differences to the extreme, myself included. But after all that's happened and the realization that we're all just one big family, I say that we all call a truce.

We can't be bickering like children over little things. If we are mature adults, we should act like them, myself included. We can disagree, but it's pointless and destructive to carry grudges against eachother. Some of us have been seriously hurt over all of this. I'm willing to settle any feuds I've had with anyone here. I'll admit to being guilty of beginning and perpetuating some, but I'm willing to throw down arms and stop all of this. I love this family way too much to allow this to happen without doing my best to lessen if not stop it completely.

Syuu, I'm sorry for my smart-ass comments and insensitivities. I'm sorry that we've bickered and smarted off to eachother. I'm sorry for anything and everything I've done to hurt your feelings or anger you. I'm sorry and I want to make peace with you.

To anyone else I've hurt or offended, I'm sorry. In my "What Do You Think Of me?" thread, some people voted me as being a "sick, offensive bastard" and "the scum of the earth." I carry no bad feelings for any of this and I'm more than willing to make peace with all of you.

This family is important to many of us and like I said, I love this family way to much to allow this to continue. I love you all and offer my apologies for everything I've done. I just hope you guys do the same.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Dec 19 2003, 09:10 AM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I've been guilty of the same thing myself, Righteous, and I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. If I've angered or offended anybody, I apologise sincerely. This board is not, nor should it be, a place for feuds and quarrelling.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 19 2003, 11:03 AM
Post #3

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

i agree, after all that's happened over the last month or so, this should be a place where people can talk to friends, share good-natured quips and debate things in an open-minded way. i don't remember having a big disagreement with anybody, but i would like to take this opportunity to apologise if i ever have offended any of you. the last thing people need is to be having a bad day in RL and then to argue with someone on here over a few badly-chosen words sad.gif

like ri said, you're like a second family to me, i can come here if i'm down, or happy, or just bored, and there'll always be a friendly presence, a daft thread, something to think about, or something to stop me being so self-pitying. for this, i wish i could do something for all of you, but the logistics are just impossible, so, i just want to say that you're all brilliant people and i love you all *biggest hugs* wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 19 2003, 11:11 AM
Post #4

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

knowing what in particular this refers to, I think you've made a courageous choice, righteous. Just bear your words in mind next time you are "bickering" with someone, and think before you go spouting off things like that again. Being sorry for being insensitive is nice, but not being insensitive is a little better. Arguments aside, though, I too hate to see rifts in our family here. I just think maybe its a silly sentiment to make when the rifts are partly your own responsibility.

-pins "must try harder" button to righteous-

DACE REMAINS SILENT.

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 19 2003, 11:29 AM
Post #5

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Well I know I am not all liked by everyone on this board because of my smart mouth, So to the people who know who they are that I have snapped at, or have wronged or have angered or peeved off, I am deeply very sorry.

You guys know who you are...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Dec 19 2003, 01:31 PM
Post #6

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Well I usually offend someone at some point so if I have I too am sorry smile.gif

I do have to say though that this board is not nearly as bad as some boards I have been on. One in particular (not mentioning any names!) had people that were downright rude. I just stopped posting. I mean who wants to be insulted by someone who thinks he knows everything there is to know about the world in 11 years! dry.gif

You guys are cool biggrin.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 19 2003, 07:40 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Dec 19 2003, 06:10 AM)
Being sorry for being insensitive is nice, but not being insensitive is a little better.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm a natural screwup, but I'm a screwup that doesn't make the same mistake twice.

-pins "must try harder" button to righteous-

(polishes it with sleeve) Thanks. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 19 2003, 08:10 PM
Post #8

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

::holds up glass::

here here!

I completely agree with everything that's been said in this topic thus far. And as for myself, if I have offended anyone in any way, shape, or form I apologize. I love you all too. - I have to go now otherwise I'd type more that would turn into just one long rant about how good this idea is laugh.gif

love you all

::huggles::

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Dec 19 2003, 08:21 PM
Post #9

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

While I'm here... I'm sorry to everyone I've been horrible to lately for any reason. There's no excuse for my behaviour and I sincerely apologise for everything.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 19 2003, 08:32 PM
Post #10

Shut up, noob!

I'd also like to say that I completely and totally forgive any who've been mean or angry with me and that I can understand it. I am an asshole, but I'm trying my best to have a little more tact. I just hope this proves successful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 19 2003, 08:54 PM
Post #11

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Dec 19 2003, 12:20 PM)
While I'm here... I'm sorry to everyone I've been horrible to lately for any reason. There's no excuse for my behaviour and I sincerely apologise for everything.

Ditto. I really am sorry.

And Righteous, I really hope you do get some more tact. Because as it stands now, after hearing how callous you were in the events that prompted this thread...I'm just really glad that I didn't stay around last night because I'd have said some things that aren't exactly tactful myself and I'd probably regret it today. No, not probably...I'd definitely regret it. And I really don't want to be like that.

Apologizing is great...it generally takes courage to do that. But if all we end up with from you is apology after apology, then after awhile I personally won't be interested in reading them anymore. I know that everyone else is hardly blameless, but I like Tara said...not being insensitive in the first place is better than simply being sorry. Hopefully next time it won't come to this.

That being said, I think a truce is a good thing -- even if you end up just agreeing to not talk to those you argued with, it's still better than an ongoing battle.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 19 2003, 09:01 PM
Post #12

NyanNyanNyan

theres always the alternative

I USUALLY DEAL WITH THAT... biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 19 2003, 09:16 PM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

It wasn't just the events of last night/early this morning. It's been going on for a bit, but last night was the straw for me. That was the point where I had to say stop. I don't want trivial things getting between us and causing us to fight. Last night was just another reason to feel that way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 19 2003, 09:22 PM
Post #14

NyanNyanNyan

yeah, real trivial nonsense that was. almost nothing in fact.

HE WAS BEING SARCASTIC BY THE WAY, AND I THINK HES ABOUT TO GO FIND A GOOSE IN A MINUTE...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 20 2003, 12:04 AM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

Gotta love them gooses. laugh.gif

But seriously, the events of last night started off as trivial bickering, but quickly snowballed into feelings getting hurt and tempers flying. I don't want things like that to happen anymore and I'm starting with the Man in the Mirror.

I do think it's really brave of all of us here to put aside our differences for the sake of the Matazone family. Sometimes this is all we have. Missy pointed out earlier that she can't imagine what things would be like without the family here. I feel the same way and I'm sure many of you guys do to. My point as well as the purpose of this thread is that we should come together, forget our hostilities and realize how much we love and appreciate eachother.

God, I sound so sappy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Dec 20 2003, 02:27 AM
Post #16

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

*starts singing Michael Jackson's "Man In the Mirror"*

I'm starting with the man in the mirror...
I'm asking him to change his wayyyys.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGGHGHGHGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

*whew* that sucked. Don't ever let me do that again!!!

This is one of those times that I feel out of the loop 'cuz i have no idea what goes on when these feuds start/stop. Perhaps that's a good thing. I don't need any more stress. (And don't worry, I'm not asking for details or anything. I'm just happy that whatever it was that happened, it spawned this thread!)

Hooray for people being mature and thoughtful and considerate!

*gives everyone Gold Stars for being ickle wuvelies*

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Dec 20 2003, 08:48 AM
Post #17

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (Goddess of Wheee @ Dec 19 2003, 09:26 PM)
*starts singing Michael Jackson's "Man In the Mirror"*

I'm starting with the man in the mirror...
I'm asking him to change his wayyyys.....

My high school wrestling coach would say that a lot. "You can lie to me all you want, but everyday you'll look and see the Man in the Glass and he'll see you for what you really are." I think it's a good idea for all of us to do that.

(goes and sees the Man in the Glass)

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 20 2003, 02:28 PM
Post #18

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Like I said, I think that this is a really good idea if we can all keep up with it, and not just make empty promises. This includes each and everyone of us - guilty or not. laugh.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Dec 20 2003, 03:00 PM
Post #19

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

The Man in the Glass............don't a lot of drunks go looking for him? *shrugs* I dunno....I'd be pretty freaked if I went and found a Man in the Glass....I'd be like "HOLY SH*T! How'd you get in there? Who are you? What are you doing in my home?"

sorry, I'm in suuuuuuuuuuch a good mood right now! *poing poing poing poing*

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 20 2003, 04:45 PM
Post #20

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

if ive upset anyone i am truly sorry. i know my posting style is less-than-adequate, but i AM trying not to use the forums so much like a blog.

thanks to SPS for bringign this to my attn.

also, im sending a special apology to SPS for saying "i love krysta" in most of my posts. i hoep ive decresed this since you brought it to my attn.

that is all.

i love you all.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Dec 21 2003, 08:35 PM
Post #21

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (acidteardrop @ Dec 20 2003, 04:44 PM)
if ive upset anyone i am truly sorry. i know my posting style is less-than-adequate, but i AM trying not to use the forums so much like a blog.

thanks to SPS for bringign this to my attn.

also, im sending a special apology to SPS for saying "i love krysta" in most of my posts. i hoep ive decresed this since you brought it to my attn.

that is all.

i love you all.

umm.....ok

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Dec 31 2003, 05:20 PM
Post #22

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

Bumping the thread so people will see it, I apologize for flaming the "Magik's dating game thread" and I hope you all do the same.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 31 2003, 06:47 PM
Post #23

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

thank you mr. max., i was going to do the same.

Missy- i am very sorry for the way i acted. i beleive we were all out of line somewhat. i dont expect forgiveness, nor do i desire it. your actions were your own and i respect every one of them. i most certainly overreacted, as i tend to do a lot. if you dont wish to contact me anymore that is fine, i just wanted to let you know.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 06:31 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!