IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Should I Do? *conflicting*, Sister versus Friend
Should I go see my sister Carrie, or should I say no thanks and hang with my friend Jenn?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
TigerLily013
post Dec 24 2003, 12:34 AM
Post #1

~才Sanity Impaired since 1986~才

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 82

Well I got this conflict on my mind.

Okay, on the 27th this month, my sister, Carrie, invited me and my mom to a BBQed turkey dinner. Today though, my friend Jenn and I decided due to her being busy, we could see one another perhaps saturday. There's the conflict.

Reason being its so hard is because of many previous factors.

For one, dealing with my older sister can be very stressing. She can be being vicious with words and with nagging very easily. I really do not need the bullsh*t from her because I am still not up for it.

On the other hand, I have met their new kitty since their other one passed on. Plus I might actually enjoy myself, and not be as hesistant with being there. I might be 110% happy just hanging with my blood, my family.

Now, Jenn is a wonderful person. She can be loud and very annoying at times. We have had numerous disagreements and I am also a bit jealous of her drawing abilties, like WOW she is just too damn good.

On the other side of the coin, She has always been beside me and always was willing to listen. She is a great friend and since she left for college, everything just has not been the same. I miss our poking fun sessions and our yelling sprees out of her van. Those were some kick ass times.

Well, I have shown you both the good and bad on both sides. I know the decision is up to me, but I also enjoy getting feedback from this place.

My final decision will be made tomorrow night after when I get back from a christmas gathering.

-Rebecca

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Dec 24 2003, 12:36 AM
Post #2

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

see if you can get your friend to join your family...

if not, head off with the blood...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pab
post Dec 24 2003, 03:03 AM
Post #3

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

we choose our friends ... we dont choose our family ...

BUT ...

these family things, if we participate, tend to make the family thing better for all (worse only on specific anecdotes) ...

so:

I say go with family and live the obligation ... then make a special point of including friend at another time (or right after, if possible) ....

This way family malarky gets better (cos no 'i dont want to go' bullshit) ... and friend gets including for those things that count, ie: making time for, and being with, friend ...

Win, Win situation .... anything else is conflict...

On the other hand, when the pupil is ready , the teacher appears ... so whatever..

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Dec 24 2003, 03:20 AM
Post #4

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

what about inviting your friend to the bbq, or is that not an option?

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 24 2003, 03:55 AM
Post #5

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 649

experience is a hard teacher--it gives us the test first and the lesson last.

i say go with the family, your friend will understand. if you dont go then you have the possibility of burning your bridges, and doing that with family is a really stupid thing to do.

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Dec 24 2003, 04:13 AM
Post #6

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

I can't really judge.....unsure.gif

I've just finished burning all bridges with over half of my family due to un-compromisable circumstances, so at this point, my friends kinda are my family....

If it's not possible to bring your friend to the BBQ....then.....
well, in my personal experience (which I know is not yours), it depends on who you'll feel the most comfortable with, who you'll feel most "at home" with, and who you know will make you feel the most welcome.

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
elf
post Dec 24 2003, 05:12 AM
Post #7

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Dec 23 2003, 04:35 PM)
see if you can get your friend to join your family...

if not, head off with the blood...

*agrees*

he truly is my brother. biggrin.gif

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 24 2003, 06:40 AM
Post #8

Hmmmm....I could invite my friend to the dinner.

Oh i forgot to mention some things. I see my sister on s usual semi normal basis. As for Jenn, I haven't seen her since September.

Conclusion will happen christmas eve night! stay tuned!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 24 2003, 06:49 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Rattgirl @ Dec 23 2003, 11:12 PM)
If it's not possible to bring your friend to the BBQ....then.....
well, in my personal experience (which I know is not yours), it depends on who you'll feel the most comfortable with, who you'll feel most "at home" with, and who you know will make you feel the most welcome.

Ya, that's how I am trying to see things. I feel really myself with Jenn and as for Carrie I have slightly grown a bit afraid of her because of her being my older (more powerful in a way) sister.

On the other hand, Jenn can be a bit too wild for even me to control at times. She's like a sister to me too but of course not the same.

Ya....im still confuzzled. Keep that feedback coming, I need it unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 24 2003, 10:28 AM
Post #10

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

try and invite jenn to bbq, and then if not go to see your sister, cause she's always gonna be your sister and you don't want rifts starting anymore than they might have already rolleyes.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 25 2003, 04:37 AM
Post #11

Well, My mind is semi made up now.

I will ask if Jenn would like to come with me, if she is able to go.

If she is not allowed, but she still wants to hang out, then we'll schedule it for sunday or something, cause ya it is true that i have not been to my sister's place in a long while. I will definitely post to tell you how it went.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 26 2003, 03:10 AM
Post #12

UPDATE

Apparently, the reason why my mom insisted i come to my sister's is cuz I AM GETTING A NEW COMPUTER FROM HER!!! biggrin.gif Jenn is still being invited and I am SO not losing the chance to get a new comp smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommandeerOfSoul...
post Dec 28 2003, 09:37 AM
Post #13

forever awesome

Member No.: 372

what is it with people thinking they owe something to their families... siblings have done nothing but steal valuable air and shorten life-spans as far as I can tell.
they say "blood is thicker than water" but what the f*** does that mean anyways? I mean.. is that saying that you have blood ties to your family and... water ties to ordinary people? it doesn't even make sense (I just thought about this)

Well... it's too late anyways........................................................ but I already posted this.

This post has been edited by CommandeerOfSouls: Dec 28 2003, 09:38 AM

--------------------
I hated my old signature. This is far better.
My deviantART page
Highly Flamable.com (my [awesome] webpage)
Jeeze.. this isn't better.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 28 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (CommandeerOfSouls @ Dec 28 2003, 04:36 AM)
what is it with people thinking they owe something to their families... siblings have done nothing but steal valuable air and shorten life-spans as far as I can tell.
they say "blood is thicker than water" but what the f*** does that mean anyways? I mean.. is that saying that you have blood ties to your family and... water ties to ordinary people? it doesn't even make sense (I just thought about this)

Well... it's too late anyways........................................................ but I already posted this.

Oh I definitely understand. By the way I did get my new computer.

The time i had with my friend and sister were fine to one point when like usual I was joking around with flipping the bird as I have always done since I knew what the middle finger went, and my sister then threatened to take the computer away from me just a few minutes after I got it. Other things were she partly insulted the mp3's i made, saying it was elevator music, and both her and my friend were pissing me off. I am not annoyed at my friend cuz I have not interactered with her in a long while so I got some work to do with socializing again, but my sister once again got me upset last night.

Aw well, shit happens. I got my new computer, and its not too bad. I actually burned my first CD today smile.gif

Cheers once again fer the input happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 08:04 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!