Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Advice, Can anyone help me please?
spiffilicious05
post Dec 28 2003, 01:56 AM
Post #1

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

Hey, so here's the deal. I have this friend whom I met back in late August, early September. He was a great friend, and I love him dearly. I owe much to him, including my life. But lately he's been trying to control my actions and wants me around 90% percent of the time when he calls so I can spend hours on end on the phone with him, and if I'm not home I get a biting email from him. This is difficult because although I'm able to get online alot, it's for research, and I do have a very busy life. Also, he lives in Chicago, and I live in Syracuse NY. So it's difficult. Can anyone help me with some advice about what to do? Here's the latest email from him and my response:

His:
Well, I called back, Big shock, You're not there as always. F*ck it Hun, Either chose to be there more like 90% of the time I call or chose never to be there. The next E-mail you send me, Make it a few words, Simply say "Yes, I WILL be around more no matter what" Or "Good-bye Forever" I am tired of it Kat.
Love Jess.

Mine:
Nice ultimatum, and seeing as how you're trying to control my life then, f*ck you. I mean, I'm not going to stay around 90% of the time waiting by the phone for you to call, I have a life, and I have things to do. I love you but if you can't accept that then I'm sorry. So really, the choice is up to you, either back off and stop trying to control my life, or realize that you may have made a mistake and apologize. It's that simple. I love you and I thank you for the time we've had together, but I will not live my life with someone I love so dearly who constantly tells me that I don't love him, who teases me 100% of the time, and won't let me live my life without me having to have a lecture at the end of the day. I love you dearly, and I would have always done so. I'm sorry.

Love always,
Kat.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 28 2003, 02:13 AM
Post #2

Empowe(red)

Okay...this just came in...if anyone cares >_< -- ugh:

No Kat f*ck you! I am not trying to controle shit, YOU DO TO GOD DAMNED MUCH BULLSHIT! And I KNOW i am not the first to tell you that, If we are gonna have a relationship, There needs to be a little effort on your part, not just Oh I will be around when I can be.
THE CHOICE IS YOUR'S
Make it.
Jess

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Dec 28 2003, 02:19 AM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Well, from what I see here....he does seem very controlling. I think you're doing the right thing here. Just stick with it and don't give in...even if that means losing his friendship. You can't let someone else control your actions like that.

However, if you make no effort whatsoever to ever call him or go out of your way to talk to him, and it's him making all the sacrifices to have a relationship with you...he may just be hurt that the relationship seems very one-sided.

But asking you to be around 90% of the time? That's a bit much.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Dec 28 2003, 02:20 AM
Post #4

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 644

Dump him and put him in yoir spam filter. Get caller ID or screen your calls. Block his IM's.

He is verbally abusive and cannot possibly lead to a healthy relationship. End it before it gets bad.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Dec 28 2003, 03:39 AM
Post #5

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

*sigh* do i need to make this hooligan realize how people are supposed to treat my little sister?

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 28 2003, 05:37 AM
Post #6

Empowe(red)

Thanks guys smile.gif

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Alaric
post Dec 28 2003, 05:51 AM
Post #7

The Wrath of The MUFFIN

Member No.: 821

Yeah, its best to end it, he seems like he may be abusive, i know because i've run across someone that is abusive(he threw a friend of mine against the wall, and other stuff) so yeah. He may be nice one min, but his e-mails show a different side of him.

--------------------
user posted image
Hyperion's Harem©
Muffinism Ruler/Founder
check my forum out

+Quote Post
CommandeerOfSoul...
post Dec 28 2003, 08:23 AM
Post #8

forever awesome

Member No.: 372

I'd say just kinda ignore his rantings on how you should be there 90% of the time and talk to him when you can/feel-like-it... and if that doesn't work then I guess you should break it up w/ him.
no sense losing a friend if you don't have to... although I'm not sure you don't.

I'm bad at advice.

--------------------
I hated my old signature. This is far better.
My deviantART page
Highly Flamable.com (my [awesome] webpage)
Jeeze.. this isn't better.

+Quote Post
sammi
post Dec 28 2003, 01:27 PM
Post #9

As cliched as it sounds, the world is coming to an end. *nods*

Member No.: 652

I'm with Candice on this one -- he sounds very controlling, and no one wants to put up with that. And to tell you that you're doing too much "bullsh*t" isn't exactly caring or trying to understand; not even respectful of your career or anything like that. I mean, from the e-mails I understand he's upset, and that he probably thinks you're making no effort so just let him know that you are. However you're also right in telling him that your world won't revolve around his calls - you *do* have things to do, and a life to live, with a world beyond your relationship. Plus, he does sound pretty verbally abusive, so where you want to take that is up to you... I'm not terribly good at advice, but I hope that helped...

--------------------
Krys owns my n00by arse! Twinkie-eating chinchilla. Fear meh! >D Official possessed blueberry of the Evil Empire.Official tree-hugger hugger of the Hug Cult. <3

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Dec 28 2003, 07:53 PM
Post #10

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Hm... I read about this. I suggest ending the friendship because he's not a real friend if he's gonna treat you like that. Also, a long distance relationship is just too much trouble and too dangerous.

P.S. If he pulls that anymore tell him to come to the Bronx and I'll beat the bloody $@#%@# out of him.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
miss_spunk
post Dec 28 2003, 09:13 PM
Post #11

Teh Mistress of Screw!

Member No.: 603

ok anyone else consider that the "90% of the time" might be a slight exagerration? Have you returned his calls? Say he called, you weren't there, he left a message, you never replied? And if so did this happen a lot. Otherwise he's an obsessive person smile.gif You seem to hold him in high esteem. I DON'T suggest dumping him, try to resolve your problems.

Aysha xxx

--------------------
I'd love to stay here and be normal, but it's just so overrated!!!

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Dec 28 2003, 09:52 PM
Post #12

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

id tell him how much his friendship means to you, and how glad you are to have him around, but he should stop trying to controll you and your life. because it is exactly that, your life, not his. if he cannot see that your life needs to be lived your way, and that his obsessiveness isnt going to fit in with the way you live, then tell him to bugger off. he is far too obsessive...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Dec 28 2003, 11:51 PM
Post #13

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

QUOTE (Silver Star Angel of Da Towers @ Dec 28 2003, 02:52 PM)
Also, a long distance relationship is just too much trouble and too dangerous.

Oi! Not ALL long distance relationships are bad y'know. I guess everyone has their input though, so I'll accept that.

In this case, it is bad. He is too controlling for my taste. I agree with everyone else, get rid of him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 29 2003, 01:53 AM
Post #14

Empowe(red)

ok anyone else consider that the "90% of the time" might be a slight exagerration? Have you returned his calls? Say he called, you weren't there, he left a message, you never replied? And if so did this happen a lot. Otherwise he's an obsessive person  You seem to hold him in high esteem. I DON'T suggest dumping him, try to resolve your problems.

Aysha xxx

See - I'd call him back but he won't give me his number so that I can call him back. And that really annoys me...

I'd agree with everyone else about just dumping him but..I suck at being mean dry.gif sad.gif

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
VVes
post Dec 29 2003, 02:21 AM
Post #15

iHuman

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Dec 28 2003, 08:52 PM)
ok anyone else consider that the "90% of the time" might be a slight exagerration? Have you returned his calls? Say he called, you weren't there, he left a message, you never replied? And if so did this happen a lot. Otherwise he's an obsessive person You seem to hold him in high esteem. I DON'T suggest dumping him, try to resolve your problems.

Aysha xxx

See - I'd call him back but he won't give me his number so that I can call him back. And that really annoys me...

I'd agree with everyone else about just dumping him but..I suck at being mean dry.gif sad.gif

Hey, I kinda skimmed through the thread, but letting someone go doesn't have to be made in a mean way.

Just state the simple and plain truth.

:: Jess, I would really like to see us in a great relationship, but if there's going to be issues that are being brought up that I really can't agree with. I rather just let it be and move on.

When you're ready to be in a good relationship without the abusive chatter, let me know and I will be willing to work with you. If you can't then, this is good-bye.

Nice knowing you.

##### ::

Well, you get the idea, preferably on the phone and don't let Jess interrupt, just say something like " I just want you to listen, and then, I'll hang up. You can tell me what your decision is on (set date) and we will take it from there"

You don't have to be mean and go down to his level to get your point across , and just ignore his emails and calls if you guys break it off.

So, good luck!

:: huggle attacks ::

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 29 2003, 02:52 AM
Post #16

Empowe(red)

/is attacked with hugs/

smile.gif tanky wes

love you wub.gif

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Dec 30 2003, 01:12 AM
Post #17

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Don't worry Spiffy... I'll get gangsta on his you know wat if he bothers you anymore... (i like threatening mean ppl)

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 30 2003, 01:18 PM
Post #18

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Dec 29 2003, 01:52 AM)

he wont give you his number???
he's leaving you no option BUT to be around!! and thats controlling.
mad.gif with him for treating you this bad honey *huggles and snuggles* tell him where to take his conditional love. if it was that much to him, he wouldnt demand stuff of you like this dry.gif

sorry, it just made me angry...yep...

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Dec 30 2003, 05:10 PM
Post #19

Empowe(red)

*sighs* well as of late last night/very early this morning, Jess and I are no longer friends. Thanks for the help guys -- *sighs* smile.gif

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
VVes
post Dec 30 2003, 05:29 PM
Post #20

iHuman

Member No.: 483

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Dec 30 2003, 12:09 PM)
*sighs* well as of late last night/very early this morning, Jess and I are no longer friends. Thanks for the help guys -- *sighs* smile.gif

Happy New Year for sure Trina.

:: hugg attack ::

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jan 2 2004, 05:23 PM
Post #21

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

You are better off this way.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
miss_spunk
post Jan 3 2004, 03:56 PM
Post #22

Teh Mistress of Screw!

Member No.: 603

I'm sorry hon. That can't ever be nice. But if he's like this, then he obviously wasn't worth it!

--------------------
I'd love to stay here and be normal, but it's just so overrated!!!

+Quote Post
jicama
post Jan 4 2004, 12:48 AM
Post #23

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Member No.: 46

look, i hate to be a meanie, but why are you so worried about hurting his feelings? you've only known him for what? four months? that's not a very long time, especially with a long distance relationship. and he has your #, but you don't have his?! ya, he sounds real commited... look, if you are having these kind of problems this early in a relationship, then i'm sorry, but it's doomed. have a good cry if you need it, and push 'em out the door. your future self will thank you.

you say that you owe him your life. if this is true, then send him a thank-you card along with his "dear john" letter. it's about time he learned that you don't own the lives you save, and you ought to know that you don't repay a kindness by sacrificing your autonomy.

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Ocean!
post Jan 4 2004, 03:53 AM
Post #24

Worrying

Member No.: 745

Pass on this little message for me, okay?

I want to be friends. Lets see you stay at your house forever, block all numbers but mine, and sit by the phone for hours on end waiting for me to call. Take the phone with you to the bathroom, for god's sake. Never leave your phone. Ever. If you get hungry, or have an emmergecy, don't you dare touch the phone, because if the line is busy for whatever reason, you'll never hear the end of it. I want you to ditch your friends, never call your family. Just stay at home. For ever. I will be your social life. I will be your only friend. Sound reasonable?

I mean seriously.... If he's that desperate for companionship, why doesn't he get his butt of the chair and get outside and make friends. He's depending on you to be there all the time. He is being controlling, and possibly abusive. He can't say those things to you. What's he trying to do? Take away your life? No one can stay inside 90% of the time, just because someone wants them to. Tell him if he's going to be controlling, you're blocking his email. Get call I.D and don't tell him. Don't answer his calls, or better yet, call him all the time untill you get him when he's not home. Then spaz at him.

Tell him to get his own life and stay out of yours.

I would love to get that little mofo's email.

:end rant:

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jan 5 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #25

<3

Member No.: 806

QUOTE (spiffilicious05 @ Dec 29 2003, 01:52 AM)
ok anyone else consider that the "90% of the time" might be a slight exagerration? Have you returned his calls? Say he called, you weren't there, he left a message, you never replied? And if so did this happen a lot. Otherwise he's an obsessive person You seem to hold him in high esteem. I DON'T suggest dumping him, try to resolve your problems.

Aysha xxx

He definately sounds controlling, and I know of more things he's done that you've told me. I'd end the relationship if his attitude continues. From the beginning I've had a bad feeling about him. He's a meanie.

Your best friend and noob,

Brenna

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 07:54 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!