Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Is Your View Of Life?
Alaric
post Dec 29 2003, 06:50 AM
Post #1

The Wrath of The MUFFIN

Group: New Members
Member No.: 821

This year has been really crappy for me. I blew out my knee, my grandma died on the first day of school, i had to had a major surgery on my chest(which i am still recovering from) i had pnemonia.. i couldn't march in the band(its really something i LOVE to do, and had to miss two of the biggest compitions there are, and its my Senior year) a very good friend of mine died(see A Lost friend) and then finnaly i had the flu. So yeah this year has sucked... and there is more just more personal. My life is rough, but keep going because that is all i can do. Besides all that has happened my life is actually pretty good, I have a stable realstionship and i have friends and family that love me. So i guess its not so bad when i look on the bright side.... My view of it.. well it sucks, and it can't get worse(i hope) and i will never do anything stupid like kill myself because i don't believe in that. I just keep going and hope it get better... what about you?

--------------------
user posted image
Hyperion's Harem©
Muffinism Ruler/Founder
check my forum out
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Dec 29 2003, 07:05 AM
Post #2

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

*super big hugs for my Muffin* You've had a rough year....sad.gif

My life has an actual story line and everything now. Get this:

I was practicing the other day when our smallest dog started barking. This usually means that someone is at the door, so I go look out the window and see a bag and a rug sitting on the front stoop. I look farther and see my step grandma from hell getting into my grandpa's car to drive away. I wait for her to leave, get the stuff, and bring it inside. Inisde the bag is a note reading:

Here are all your lovely gifts back. Enjoy them, dear. If there is anything I forgot, just tell your father. Love, Nancy.

In the bag is every Christmas present we've gotten her since 1999. This includes the lovely rug, which she never even unrolled.

After my mom and I come home from my boyfriend's family game night, we get an email from grandpa saying that he knows Nancy did all that, and that come the first of the year they'll be selling the condo and separating. Yay!!!! laugh.gif

You must understand though that she is a bulimic alcoholic with borderline personality disorder, who grew up as a spoiled little rich girl with nannies, and then grew up to abuse her kids and drive her husband away.

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 29 2003, 07:10 AM
Post #3

Took this grammar!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 165

There's a story. A man is walking in a savannah and it's hot and dry. Suddenly he spots a lion, crouched in the grass, it's tail swishing back and forth, eyeing the man hungrily. Fortunately he sees the lion and right before the lion pounces, the man begins to run. He runs and the lion chases him. The lion is right behind him when the man falls straight into a hole that he didn't see. But he's quick and he manages to scrabble against the vegetation growing on the sides of the hole and he hangs on to a thin root that's coming out of the wall. The lion paces above him, waiting for him to climb out of the hole. The man looks down into the bottom of the hole and he sees hundreds of cobras. He can't climb up and he can't drop to the bottom. He looks at his lifeline, the thin little root and notices two mice, one black and one white, chasing each other around the base of the root, all the while eating away at it. then he notices that the root has some sort of sticky substance dripping from it. He tastes it and he realizes with surprise and delight that it's honey. With the mice eating away at his root, the snakes below waiting for him to drop and the lion above waiting for him to climb up the man eats the honey, knowing that it won't be long before one of the terrors gets him and it's the best tasting honey that he's ever had.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Alaric
post Dec 29 2003, 07:34 AM
Post #4

The Wrath of The MUFFIN

So i guess it means, try to find the good in the bad?

--------------------
user posted image
Hyperion's Harem©
Muffinism Ruler/Founder
check my forum out

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Dec 29 2003, 10:13 PM
Post #5

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Well.. Life. Does it really have a point? Nah... I shall go with no. No point to life really, but at the same time there are things to live for - things to look forward to and look ahead to. Sometimes you just want to die, other times you are happy as can be.

One thing is for sure its all a big chance.. Being here is just... So.. Why are we here thats something hard to fathom. Anyway even if there doesn't appear to be a point to life its such a small chance that we are here we have to cherish it through thick n thin. Through it all. Rough spots suck and life can suck, but thats part of it - you have to keep truckin' and look ahead.

I'm staying to see the end. I always seem to find some good in everything, and thats one thing that keeps me going.

unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Dec 30 2003, 12:13 AM
Post #6

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

My outlook on life? Absolutely Happy. I tried Sad for far too long, but now life is so much better. There is a bright side to everything, even though it's hard to find sometimes. Even when there's no way out, just pretend there is and hold onto it! happy.gif That's what I do, anyway.

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Dec 30 2003, 08:56 AM
Post #7

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

QUOTE (Alaric @ Dec 29 2003, 01:33 AM)
So i guess it means, try to find the good in the bad?

Sort of. More like try to appreciate the simple pleasures of life. Family, friends, food, warm bed, clothes. When you appreciate these things then it gives you hope and happiness. A bit like the Christian concept of 'counting your blessings'

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Dec 30 2003, 01:00 PM
Post #8

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

life is funny...not always likeable, but then again, if it went exactly how you wanted, it would never be any fun...

this is sounding more like an issues thread by the minute... biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
karismaklysm
post Dec 31 2003, 03:06 PM
Post #9

souped on the beat

Member No.: 712

well, i think timelines come into play as well...
clearly you've had an exceptionally bad year, Alaric....
but as a general rule, i've found that the stupid stereotypical ages for people are pretty right on.

for example: nobody liked me when i was 23. (not really, but i had to for the joke) 23 was the WORST year ever. and as a girl, i didn't think it could get worse than seventh grade. 12 or 13... that was the scariest... 17 sucks pretty hard for some people, and 25 makes you rethink your whole life and go all crazy. or so they say.
i'm only 24 (which has been a fantastic year), so i guess i'll find out.

just remember you are never alone, and that the lessons you learn really do make you stronger. well, and funnier. sometimes cuter even.

--------------------
We will start with the firemen, and then the math teachers, and so on in that fashion...

+Quote Post
Ocean!
post Dec 31 2003, 05:29 PM
Post #10

Worrying

Member No.: 745

Me:
Life sucks.

Me being and optimist:
Life sucks, but live it, you never know when it might take a turn for the best.

I think I suffer from depression........ Oh well, every now and then I have a happy moment, I live for those....

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Dec 31 2003, 07:01 PM
Post #11

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

QUOTE (karismaklysm @ Dec 31 2003, 10:05 AM)
and as a girl, i didn't think it could get worse than seventh grade. 12 or 13... that was the scariest...

just remember you are never alone, and that the lessons you learn really do make you stronger. well, and funnier. sometimes cuter even.

My grandmother died when I was in seventh grade. She had cancer, and passed on the morning of select band the very first year I made it. Of course, I still went to it since they had already taken Grandma and she was going to be cremated anyway, so it was just a really sad day. Nothing more.

I also had the teacher from hell for Literature that year. She made one of the "toughest" guys in our class cry when she yelled at him. In the third quarter, no one had above a C because she was so ambiguous with her assignment directions.

Gosh, I wonder if my experiences over the years have made me cuter... huh.gif

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Dec 31 2003, 10:40 PM
Post #12

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I could sum it up like this: There's always something bright, and there's always something beautiful. If you stop believing, then nothing can get better. You have to have faith to get things done. Sitting around moping won't make your life better...

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Dec 31 2003, 10:50 PM
Post #13

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

To take things optimistically, consider it this way. If you are doing well, thank whatever made it happen everyday for it happening. If things are running badly, thank the people who made it happen to you, and fight them at the same time. Consider it a test on your will. The one thing you need above all else is faith. If you lose with incredible faith, well then life has it in for you. But without faith you are hopeless.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
Alaric
post Jan 1 2004, 06:59 AM
Post #14

The Wrath of The MUFFIN

I could sum it up like this: There's always something bright, and there's always something beautiful. If you stop believing, then nothing can get better. You have to have faith to get things done. Sitting around moping won't make your life better...

well its kind of hard to keep going whenever you keep trying something brings you down. Its like the frog in the well, he jumps up one step then down three... but for me its more of a half step up and down 20.

--------------------
user posted image
Hyperion's Harem©
Muffinism Ruler/Founder
check my forum out

+Quote Post
Untitled.
post Jan 1 2004, 03:48 PM
Post #15

Super advanced member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 825

Ryu rocks.

Oh anyway my opinion on life is that it is so damn shit and evil and twisted and you can feel the worst at times. But then again, the world is beutiful, fun, and you can feel the most pleasure physically and mentally possible. Thats life. Death and Life can be the worst and best things in existence depending on in what circumstances your life goes by.
Luck? Destiny? thats how we explain how we live out our lives. But our lives are completely random, but most things for sure occur through how much effort you puy into your own life and how strongly you want to do what you want to do. If you live your life trying your best, and making the best most intelligent choices, make as many people happy who deserve it, even those who dont and your life is still cut short... thats just how it goes. Its The Tragedy of Life.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:44 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!