> Hi!
Mata
post Feb 24 2003, 08:26 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Welcome to The Other Side forums.

This part, obviously enough, is where people should introduce themselves to other members by posting a little intro.

To get things going, here's a bit about me:

My name is Mata, I run everything on this site, from making the animations to sealing the parcels of t-shirts that people order and now I'm admin on these forums too.

I started animating approaching two years ago and started The Other Side in late October 2001. My life hasn't been the same since then.

I read as much as I can, partly because I love a well told story but also because I'm writing a PhD thesis about the cyberpunk genre and specifically an author called William Gibson (his new book Pattern Recognition is superb BTW).

When I do manage to get myself away from the computer I like to relax swimming and painting (not at the same time) and I've got a far collection of my work around on the walls of the place I live.

I live with my girlfriend, Sues, and we've been together for three years in March 2003.

Right, that's a bit about me. Who's next?

Mata

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alifearofmusic
post Feb 26 2003, 03:32 AM
Post #2

Novice Guppy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 39

hi my names ali
my life is pretty much based on my band fearofmusic right now. we went to a recording studio in march 2002 and recorded our debue e.p witch is titled all is but a game e.p it has 4 tracks and we had 2 days to record it. my love life sucked when my g/f broke up with me because she didnt like "going out" with people....yet a month later shes goin out with some guy. anywayz, i really love matas animations and i have started to animate myself ( its my dads profesion) im 13 years of age and i live in manchester uk, feel free to visit my bands website.
ali xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the official fearofmusic website

+Quote Post
Disturbia
post Feb 26 2003, 11:15 PM
Post #3

Super advanced member

Member No.: 43

Who's this Mata d00d anyway?

wink.gif

--------------------
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" - Vinnie Jones "Snatch"

SFA HQ

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Feb 27 2003, 11:48 PM
Post #4

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

Hi. There's nothing incredibly interesting about me, but I guess I can post anyway. I like reading books, and I like writing. I mostly just hang out with my friend Carolynn or go on the Internet on weekends and stuff. I used to live overseas, I did for nine years, but now I'm in America. My favorite band is the Gorillaz. That's it for the Sarah. Later!

xoxo

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Feb 28 2003, 12:24 AM
Post #5

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Banned
Member No.: 61

I'm going under the name prezgfish, it's along story might explain later if i'm bored and drunk (maybe sunday) i came to this site straight after watching mr snaffleburger is angry on MTV2 saw the sight name then watched every mr SB before going to work when i came home i watched the rest of MATA's animations, and was impressed by all of them-ish

i'm 19, living in scotland, in a crappy suburb of glasgow, called cumbernauld (don't visit it's deadening to the soul) which had its ten minuets of fame for the film gregory's girl and winning the well deserved award for worst town in europe.

i listen to music a lot prefered bands include smashing pumpkins system of a down foo fighters red hot chilli peppers marilyn manson muse tool the rolling stones garbage a perfect circle queens of the stone age and others who i'm too tired to remember

my hobbies include alcohol computers games music and stuff sleeping to g'night

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 28 2003, 09:20 AM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

*waves at everyone* Hello!

Prezgfish: I've altered your email address because I think you mistyped it, hopefully you should get the things you've subscribed to now.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
prezgfish
post Feb 28 2003, 01:50 PM
Post #7

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Banned
Member No.: 61

me get adres rong that unpossible

+Quote Post
Radical_Edward
post Mar 1 2003, 03:23 AM
Post #8

Novice Guppy

Member No.: 44

Hi, I'm mildly insane, and I like wearing spiky things and black. ^^ My avatar also won't load, which I find incredibly irritating. *hits compu with wet noodle* Oh...and I'm a girl, so don't be fooled by my name. tongue.gif If you're a bebop fan, you'd understand...anyways, I find it highly amusing that mata's own introduction thread isn't the longest...people are strange. People are very, very strange. I've been obsessed with the other side for a very long time. I love mittens. *tries to steal mittens from mata and gets her hand slapped* Bad Ed...

--------------------
save the animals
become a cannibal

+Quote Post
BearDragonLady
post Mar 1 2003, 05:32 PM
Post #9

Novice Guppy

Member No.: 75

Greeting and salutations, Mata and all others... smile.gif I have long been a fan of Mittens and Snowdrop, later adding Little Goth Girl to my list of entertainments. I am happy to find a forum here now. I will promote it to the three sites I visit most frequently. KnoxGothic, NashvilleGothic, and Arborwoodforums in Arizona. Thank you so much for continuing your animations, we all find them terribly amusing. Anyone intersted in my info can go to my website, I've babbled enough on there to bother putting it here and boring people. wink.gif Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
~Bear

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Mar 2 2003, 03:58 AM
Post #10

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 82

Hi my fellow Other Side fans happy.gif

I am Rebecca from Canada smile.gif Everyone That knows me from forums calls me Tigerlily or TL but Rebecca is better =P

I am 16 (turning 17 on March.13th/2003) and i wandered into the Other Side when a person off chat showed me a mittens animation happy.gif

THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOO CUTE

Anyway as you can tell I have a twisted sense of humour, and this is why I enjoy the site smile.gif

Keep up the good work mata, get some more Samurai Lapin Animations going smile.gif

Well thats all for now, peace

-Rebecca XOXOXO

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 03:53 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!