Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stomach Flu, and other disgusting/hilarious things
MistressAlti
post Jan 22 2004, 07:45 PM
Post #1

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Yeah, there's this lovely bug going around right now, I'm sure everyone wants to hear about things coming out of every available oriface and whatnot. The entire Academy's coming down with it, I'm in the beginning stages myself, it's gross. Yet kinda funny in its own small way.

My friend Troxel wrote the following email to his government professor to get an excused absence. I fell over laughing.

"I apologize in advance for not attending class today, but I seem to have caught the systematic flu that has been spreading among my wing. I am now the fourth, I beleive, and I have been debating for half an hour on my ability to go to class...and now I've decided definitely I'm unable to make it across campus. I have trouble making it to the rest room. I'm sure you would prefer I didn't come, either. In fact, it took three sittings to write this email. I'm going to go curl up and try not to die, now. Have a good day. smile.gif "

His professor's response:

"Ok, ok, excused absence. For the future, that's just a bit more information than I need."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Jan 22 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #2

Apparently squishy

Group: New Members
Member No.: 763

Ooh...so sorry for that lovely illness.
blink.gif

I remember when I was 10 years old, I caught a virus from a girl at camp. The virus itself is releated to mononucleosis, but has the most perverse name ever (which didn't help that I was at the age when some dirty jokes started making sense)...it's called....................................................

The Cock Sacky Virus... laugh.gif

I mean, how on earth do you come up with a name like that for a virus??? I have no idea... blink.gif

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Jan 22 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #3

A monster of someone elses creation...

Member No.: 873

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Jan 22 2004, 07:44 PM)
Yeah, there's this lovely bug going around right now, I'm sure everyone wants to hear about things coming out of every available oriface and whatnot. The entire Academy's coming down with it, I'm in the beginning stages myself, it's gross. Yet kinda funny in its own small way.

My friend Troxel wrote the following email to his government professor to get an excused absence. I fell over laughing.

"I apologize in advance for not attending class today, but I seem to have caught the systematic flu that has been spreading among my wing.  I am now the fourth, I beleive, and I have been debating for half an hour on my ability to go to class...and now I've decided definitely I'm unable to make it across campus.  I have trouble making it to the rest room.  I'm sure you would prefer I didn't come, either. In fact, it took three sittings to write this email.  I'm going to go curl up and try not to die, now.  Have a good day. smile.gif "

His professor's response:

"Ok, ok, excused absence.  For the future, that's just a bit more information than I need."

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

laugh.gif What a cool email!

I've been off work all week this week - YAY! Except it's not really "yay!" at all cos I've got some random virus and even getting out of bed is tiring! At least I've got my p.c. for company!!

*curls up arounds p.c. and starts to purr*

I've looked at all the Mata stuff that I can and have now moved on to Edward Gorey - his stuff is soooo cool, I want it all! I've already got 3 E.G. bats but I want pictures and earrings and mousemats and....... (etc., etc. wanders around and around muttering about all the new stuff she wants!)

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Jan 22 2004, 10:30 PM
Post #4

Ai Ravana-hime

Member No.: 421

That is GREAT. I've done similar things with jobs. But that was over the phone.

Here's a hint kids: When calling into a job and you DONT want them asking questions, simply use the magic word. Diarrhea (sp?)

Smooth move on Troxel's part!

Missy, sorry to hear about that illness.

/me uberhugs

That is the SUCK. We had a nasty illness flu thingy thingy sweep through walmart last month and it just did NOT let up. I wish you the best, and that you recover QUICKLY! Because a Sick Missy means a Sad Aries!

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jan 23 2004, 02:58 AM
Post #5

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 82

Ya, that went around our area as well. I think though up north in Ontario is more screwed than us anyway. Why you ask? Well according to my Bio teacher, she said there's a nasty virus there that can make you have Projectile Diarrhea blink.gif

*shudder*
Thank goodness I do not live up north.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammi
post Jan 23 2004, 03:05 AM
Post #6

As cliched as it sounds, the world is coming to an end. *nods*

Member No.: 652

That letter is hilarious. Well, hilarious is an understatement, but nevermind. o_o; Erlack... Virus SUCK... >_<! Anywho, sorry t'hear that you guys seem to have caught it. The flu was running around my class for a while, and now I think the strep is circulating as well, and mono. Luckily, we've missed stomach viruses so far, but I'm practically positive it's only a matter of time. -___-; *sigh* I myself have been rather lucky this season, and I hope you're all in good health... *hugs* And if anyone is sick, GET BETTER, DURNIT! ;_; *gives you hot chicken noodle soup*

--------------------
Krys owns my n00by arse! Twinkie-eating chinchilla. Fear meh! >D Official possessed blueberry of the Evil Empire.Official tree-hugger hugger of the Hug Cult. <3

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jan 23 2004, 03:25 AM
Post #7

ever-hopeful since 2003

Ugh... food... no chicken noodle soup, please, I'll only end up seeing it again. laugh.gif

It's not a pretty sight. But... somehow, the communal feeling of illness around here is comforting. And amusing. What's funny about acids and partly digested foods leaking out of everywhere, I dunno... but it is.

+Quote Post
chester
post Jan 23 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #8

i would prefer not to

Member No.: 360

um... im sure if i had the illness id find it mighty funny, but since youre the one who has it you have my sympathy sad.gif . funny email, though. hope he and you feel beter soon.

--------------------
Get out of my dreams and into my car.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jan 23 2004, 11:44 AM
Post #9

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Sorry to hear that Missy. I had (in fact probably still do) glandular fever last year. I contracted it on 2nd January and was ill for.....er....forever. I came down with nasty vomiting bout of the flu at least one a month every month for 6 months and now every time I get a cold or even a sniffle of any illness I'm knocked for six! mad.gif

You have my sympathy mate! smile.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jan 25 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #10

ever-hopeful since 2003

OMFG, I want to die.

Threw up 5 times in a 4-hour period, high fever's got me so oversensitive to light, sound, and touch that I've done nothing but lie in bed and run to the bathroom all day.

Argh. Someone kill me now.

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Jan 25 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #11

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

No! We can't kill you! We wurve ya too much! biggrin.gif

Get well sad.gif

+Quote Post
sammi
post Jan 25 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #12

As cliched as it sounds, the world is coming to an end. *nods*

Member No.: 652

Eeek... I've had that in the past... I swear it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my entire life... Oversensitive is an understatement at that point... I feel your pain, Missy. *hugs* ;__; Feel better soon! Very, very soon! <3

--------------------
Krys owns my n00by arse! Twinkie-eating chinchilla. Fear meh! >D Official possessed blueberry of the Evil Empire.Official tree-hugger hugger of the Hug Cult. <3

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jan 28 2004, 12:13 AM
Post #13

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Oh dear. here, have a Stomach Flu Medicine cake!! *hands you the cake* Even though it's food, it's medicinal powers will keep you from puking it back up! laugh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 11:51 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!