Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stress, Fecking stressed out
Trident
post Jan 30 2004, 03:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Scriptkiddies
Member No.: 903

We'll at this point I just want to freaking quit everything. I just started my job monday, and I'm already tired of it. Then I have a bio project to do, write 2 plays for English, do 30 vocab words, memorize a script for the play I'm in in theatre, and I didn't go to school today, so I also have todays make-up work, which a history project was assigned -.-.
Shoot me now please.

--------------------
I'm a scriptkiddie and I should never come back to these nice boards because I don't deserve to ever speak to the people here again. =)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jicama
post Jan 30 2004, 04:05 AM
Post #2

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Group: New Members
Member No.: 46

we all have days like that. i know i do anyway. i find it helps to write down everything have to do, make a schedule to get it done, and stick to it. often thinks seem worse than they really are if you aren't organized.

if you honestly have way too many things on your list for the amount of time you have, ask for extensions! as long as you ask before the assignment is actually due and explain to them why you need it, i've found that all but the most inhuman teachers will oblige.

finally, work sucks. i'm sorry, but for students, that's just the way it is. i'm gonna assume it's a costumer service job, yes? my only advice here is play little games to keep the boredom/urge to kill at bay. for instance, try to guess something about each costumer-such as- what's their deepest darkest secret? or if they were a tree, what kind of tree would they be? another good game is too play little psychological tricks on people and see what they do- like stare and their cheek with an odd look on your face while they're talking to you, or nod your head when you say no/shake it when you say yes and then pretend that you don't understand why they are confused.

good luck!

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jan 30 2004, 04:15 AM
Post #3

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

There are a few ways you could look at this.

One, it's a good thing you don't have more on your plate. If you create some organization tool to help you collect make up work on time and take it all slowly, make use of the three days we're given, then it shouldn't appear as bleak as it does. You also have to accept that once you get into adulthood, you'll be doing a lot more at a workplace than what you are now. Some things you've just got to accept because that's how life is, though whether or not you conform is your choice.

Two, quit your job and screw school. Things get harder, but you indulge yourself and make the most leisurely path in life possible. It will, however, catch up with you since it seems everyone has equal work load.

I prefer the former myself even though I rarely adhere, but I'm sure someone like you who has relatively little trouble succeeding in what you apply yourself to will be alright.

Just keep your chin up, 'ey? ^^

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Trident
post Jan 30 2004, 05:12 AM
Post #4

Group: Scriptkiddies
Member No.: 903

i find it helps to write down everything have to do, make a schedule to get it done, and stick to it.
and
If you create some organization tool

Ya, I think I'll do that. *grabs a notebook and starts making a list*

--------------------
I'm a scriptkiddie and I should never come back to these nice boards because I don't deserve to ever speak to the people here again. =)

+Quote Post
Fallen1015
post Jan 30 2004, 09:19 PM
Post #5

forum duct tape enthusiast

Group: New Members
Member No.: 901

i dont know if this helps anyone else.. but when i get really stressed out i tend to take a break from what im doing and drum or play my guitar for a while... im very musically orriented, so it helps me out a lot. of course, you may not have either of these, but drum sticks can be anything.. straws work quite nicely i have learned. lol.
sleep also helps a lot.. if you can get past thinking til 5 in the morning.. then it doesnt make much of a difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:30 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!