IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Take My Mind Off Things, such as ex-boyfriends...a little help??
the lil' pie...
post Feb 1 2004, 02:37 PM
Post #1

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

ok, so, i split up with my boyfriend about three weeks ago, not big news i know. trouble is, now he's all loved-up again, i can't stop thinking about us and the past. this i know is unhealthy, so i was wondering, seeing as you guys are indeed my second family, what i should do to get my mind off it all?? sad.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Queenie
post Feb 1 2004, 02:54 PM
Post #2

YAY!!! Garfield my cute little honey bun!!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 341

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Feb 1 2004, 02:36 PM)
now he's all loved-up again

Is he loved up to you?! huh... huh.gif I dunno...

It's really hard to take your mind off of someone especially after you've just finished with them so soon an you really care about them... I still think about some of my ex's that i broke up with an thats like over 6 months ago.

All i can really suggest is just hanging out with friends, hanging with people that make you laugh an smile... that helped me take my mind off it laugh.gif Listening to music (preferably music that doesn't remind you of him wink.gif ) and just keeping yourself busy!?

Does that help? Hope so... it is hard sad.gif

*hugs*

--------------------
SQUEAK BED SQUEAK!!

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Feb 1 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #3

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Member No.: 822

having had some experience with this I can tell u what i've done. ok, what i did was try really really hard to convince myself that I didn't still want to be with that person. I know it sounds stupid but our minds work in an incredible way. I've discovered that you can convince yourself of anything. and it doesnt help if all you do is think about that person all the time coz it just makes u upset. I hope this might help u a little, I also think u should get outside and just do some fun stuff, hang out with your friends and just keep your mind occupied on other things. I also avoid thinking about stuff that I don't want to deal with, which isnt really the best way to go, just prolongs the problem but for some things it does help. good luck lil pie fairy *hugs*

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Feb 1 2004, 08:35 PM
Post #4

A monster of someone elses creation...

Member No.: 873

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ Feb 1 2004, 02:36 PM)
ok, so, i split up with my boyfriend about three weeks ago, not big news i know. trouble is, now he's all loved-up again, i can't stop thinking about us and the past. this i know is unhealthy, so i was wondering, seeing as you guys are indeed my second family, what i should do to get my mind off it all?? sad.gif

Ahh, you poor little Fairy *hugs* - that's rotten!! Were you together for long - not that it makes much difference - if you have feelings for someone you just do. I guess as you're still thinking about him so much that it wasn't really a mutual choice you splitting up?? That's awful that he's got someone else already though, that's hard to deal with. I don't think there's much that's gonna make it feel better for you except time - sorry. But get your self out and about, look at the positives that you've got from this experience (sorry, that sounded so naff when I put it down - I hope you know what I mean by it!), and try not to dwell on the past - and spend some time with your friends at The Other Side!! smile.gif

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Feb 1 2004, 08:50 PM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Awww sad.gif

*hands Pie a big pie (of her favorite variety) and hugs muchly*

I can't really suggest anything new...just try to keep yourself busy. I don't know if this is true for other people, but I tend to think about things more if I'm sitting around and watching TV or playing on the Internet. If I'm really upset, I have to go out with friends...or at least call them. It always helps me to get my mind off of things when I hear a friendly voice...especially if it's someone who can make me laugh easily.

Sometimes what I need is just an outlet to express what I'm feeling, so I can get rid of it and move on (like art, writing, etc). That can be tricky though...that may end up making you dwell even more. So I'd only suggest that if you feel it'll help you get over it to just get the feelings out.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Feb 1 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #6

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Hmm.. you need a good song.. and some pie ala mode!! *hands you ice cream and pie*

Omg, omg, omg
You're dealing with a bore,
If you wanna forget this person,
just think he is a whore!
Listen to the song
The very song i sing,
It's all you needed all along
To forget every little thing!
Screw him, screw him, screw him,
Screw him up the wall!
Cuz you've got it all within,
So you can screw it all!
So do not worry
You've got too much enough!
And if he wants you back, you see
Then that is just too rough!

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Feb 2 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #7

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

that song is so cool! i'm gonna make up a little tune, learn it and sing it all the time laugh.gif
yeah, i got a few mates that are better than most at making me smile etc, and i have been stalking them to keep me happy so that's ok. advice noted and followed, but i'm still a bit stuck at times like this when there's nothing else to do!!

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Feb 2 2004, 03:09 PM
Post #8

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

I'm sorry to hear it's been difficult for you sad.gif

*Uber hugs*

You know where I am if you ever need someone to help take your mind off thing smile.gif

Other than that I can't really suggest anything as I'm not 100% sure what would work. Spending time with quality friends, shopping, going to the gym or exercising that man out of your hair all work for me. I also play the violin as a hobby so that takes up time. Also good to play someone fast and furious when I'm p'ed off laugh.gif

It's been a while since I needed distractions like that but I don't get to see my bloke during the week and I have developed those ways of making the time pass to when I get to see him next. I suppose it could work in a similar way? unsure.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 07:51 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!