Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Taking A Break, again...
porcelainwarrior
post Feb 1 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #1

not forgotten

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 323

Hey everyone, I'm sorry to disapear again, especially considering the fact that I seem to do it every couple of months but this time it's beyond necessary.

Some of the users here who know me well or who have at any point paid attention to my ramblings in Issues probably know that my mum is manic-depressive. Well, unfortunately she's not been taking her medicine properly and has pretty much had a complete breakdown. We can't leave her alone as she keeps throwing things like furniture and cooking untensils away, wandering off alone and other such wierdness and even though she's been back on her proper meds for a few days she's getting worse. There's no way my sisters and I can look after her and my auntie who's been staying with us has to go home to her own husband, kids and work tomorrow.

So she's going back to her psychiatrist in the morning with my aunt and if she's not sectioned (which I think would be best in the circumstances) she's going to have to live with her parents until she's better and my sisters are going to stay with different aunts. Chances are I'll be living here alone or with friends as I can't miss any school and all our family live at least an hours drive away.

So I'm going to take a break for a while. Hopefully it won't be too long and I'll try and pop in to let people know how things are going. Just want to be there for my mum and get things back to normal as soon as possible.

Love you all.

Laura xxx

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammi
post Feb 1 2004, 06:02 PM
Post #2

As cliched as it sounds, the world is coming to an end. *nods*

Group: New Members
Member No.: 652

Take care, Laura! I hope everything turns out a bit better soon! sad.gif *hugs* If you ever need someone to talk to, just randomly IM or PM me -- I'm more than willing to listen, m'keeys? Good luck with everything! *big hugs again* ;_;

--------------------
Krys owns my n00by arse! Twinkie-eating chinchilla. Fear meh! >D Official possessed blueberry of the Evil Empire.Official tree-hugger hugger of the Hug Cult. <3

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 1 2004, 06:43 PM
Post #3

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

That's a prefectly valid reason for not being around so there's no need to aplogise. It's not like we won't be here when you get back. I hope things get sorted soon and your family aren't split up for to long. Come back when you can. *Big Hugs* and comeback soon. biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
saucy_tara
post Feb 1 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #4

Destructogirl...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 124

Take care Laura, I hope everythings settles down soon for you *hugs*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Feb 1 2004, 08:13 PM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Take care of yourself, Porce. I too hope things start looking up for you soon. *hugs* smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Feb 2 2004, 02:02 PM
Post #6

not forgotten

thankee muchly peoples smile.gif you all rock my socks

my mum got sectioned today so all stations are go to new living arrangements for the moment. jaki will be with lewissa, catriona changed her mind and is going to stay between my house (with me) and her friend ruth who we've known for years and mum has offered to have her, and my boyfriend's moving up here to be with me when i have to be here, otherwise ill be with him at his house.

she only agreed to go to hospital (they werent gonna force the issue(!) but lewissa put her foot down and said she'd have to stay with my gran otherwise) under the condition that my gran and other aunt werent told so thats kinda complicated for the whole lying thing which im not too chuffed about but i guess theres not much i can do.

i shall return!!! once ive learned how to be a housewife and look after myself/sister unsure.gif sad.gif argh...and i made the mistake of telling jaki she could come home whenever she wanted if she missed us or wanted to visit mum when we're allowed, she's too upset right now and doesnt want to scare us. only lewissa's getting to see her sad.gif

--------------------
As walls keep shifting
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Feb 6 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #7

not forgotten

RANDOM UPDATE

ok, so she's getting out on a weekend pass to see how she copes. got to go back in on monday for a checkup and reassessment to see if she needs readmitted but at least they're saying she's well enough to be out even if she is going to need someone there all the time.

the last few days have been incredibely knackering and i can see why she can't cope sometimes! i swear to god i never want to be an adult! mortgages, shopping, cleaning, cooking, looking out for my sister (who never did bloody go to ruth's) is all just a bit much for me right now. plus we decided to redecorate her bedroom which got all ripped out, stripped and carpet removed about 6 months ago and then went stagnant. but that's finished too now so shall be a rather spiffy surprise for her to come home to smile.gif

i'll be back properly dead soon! i hope...

--------------------
As walls keep shifting
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Feb 6 2004, 02:38 PM
Post #8

A monster of someone elses creation...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 873

Aww! That's brilliant news for you and your family, Sweetie, have been worried 'bout you!!

You've done really well coping at home, especially while you must have been so torn up about what was going on with your Mum n stuff, and you managed to get the decorating done too - I don't think you need to worry too much about being an adult if you can handle all that stuff just now!!

Hope you have a brilliant weekend! biggrin.gif

Take care, take it one step at a time - and PM/email me anytime!

*BIG, BIG HUGS* biggrin.gif

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 6 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #9

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Blimey, how did I miss this going on for the last week?

Well, take care of yourself, it's hard work running a house and trying to kep on top of your life, especially if you're looking after other people too. *huge hugs* We'll be waiting with open arms when you get more time to be here!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Feb 7 2004, 02:47 AM
Post #10

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Oh mah geez!

Well I guess it seems things are working out better for you slowly looking up? Good luck hun smile.gif *hugs porc muchly*

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Feb 8 2004, 10:45 PM
Post #11

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

Be safe Laura.
Oh, and when doing domestic chores, don't leave the iron on top of s shirt. It tends to leave something of a mark.

Hope everything's getting cushty at home. You know where we all are smile.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 07:15 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!