> Why Must I Work With Numpties?
Pixelgoth
post Feb 20 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #1

Flaps and spins on the spot

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 390

Yeah so why? I mean why me?! dry.gif

One of my colleagues (bear in mind I don't like this guy much anyways) walks into my office this morning and he can see I'm busy, I mean I'm looking intently at my computer and typing away like a demon and he just stands there. So I turn and look at him (above my glasses all sinister like! biggrin.gif) and he says "Do we have these books in stock?" Now bearing in mind we are a publisher, we stock hundreds of books, he wasn't telling me which book, AND he works in the bleedin' warehouse, I thought he was taking the proverbial Michael.

Anyhoo, I'm already annoyed at him for interrupting me mid flow so I say "What book? I don't know which one you're showing me" (there's no dust cover and the spine is facing away from me) and it turns out it's an A5 notebook. He said "Do we keep these in stock?" I said "No so you'll need to order one I would have thought". He says "OK" but when he's walkin away he's muttering sarcastically "Oh you would have thought would you!"

Also, yesterday I'm on the phone. My mobile. He walks into my office and as he wants to ask me something he just hovers by my desk while I'm talking. I had to turn my back on him before he'd leave and come back later. He comes back 1 minute later while I'm still on the phone, hovers some more and then leaves. When he eventually comes back he says "ooo you were on the phone". No sh*t Sherlock! dry.gif

I mean what a twat! mad.gif

Sorry just ranting! smile.gif Anyone else work with numpties like that? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Feb 20 2004, 01:59 PM
Post #2

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Woo... he's a REAL genius. lol. Well, I don't work with people like that, considering I don't have a job. wink.gif But I do go to school with a lot of them, giving the fact that I attacked one once. ph34r.gif Don't feel bad.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 20 2004, 02:03 PM
Post #3

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

You want Numpties my manager is a great big one. Right I started the job back in October And I'm really enjoying it! It's challeging etc etc etc. I'm surposed to have a reveiw about a month and 1/2 in it didn't happen so there me pootleing along thinking hey I must be doin alright. So 2 an 1/2 months in she says she wants to speak with me and tells me she's not sure if I fit in with the team and she thinks I've been coming across as a know it all and other stuff. I didn't think I was haveing to much of a problems with the people and seeing as I'd spent the last 2 an half month discovering how little I had learned at uni and saying ok if I've done somthing wrong let me know so I can learn from it. So basically I couldn't work out what she wanted from me. But she said she'd come back to me and let me know how things were going. So spend my time trying to fit in etc etc. and the day we finished for xmas she comes back to me and we have another talkand she's still not sure and gives me a letter which is surpposed to have in it what we talked about which when I get round to reading (seeing as I was a bit upset at this point I didn't read it straight away) it said bugger all! and she then asked me to spend xmas thinking about my postion in the 'company'(bah! I hate jargon like that). So I spend xmas trying to figure out what this woman wants from me and coming to the conclusion I have no idea! Which of course led to me have a really fun xmas as you can imagine. So I decided I'm going to have to give up at this point and was going to go in say that if she want to fire me I'm more than willing to go seeing as there is no way I can afford to resign. But when I get there she ends up being off work and just before she gets back the woman I work with say that she doesn't think I'm being given a fair go and is willing to help me out. So at this point my head all turn around and I don't know which way I'm going. So I decided to take the offer of help and stick it out. Seeing as my manager has said she'll get back to in the middle of the month to let me know one way or the other once and for all. So the middle of the month goes by and she does say anything so I start to think ok then I'm doing alright she must be letting me keep the job. But Oh no! No such luck she does it again at the end of jan she descides to have another talk with me to tell me she's still not sure so she's going to give me yet another month probabation. So here I am suck for yet another month in limbo where I've been for the last 3 or 4 month being driven slowly insane!! mad.gif This time she didn't upset me she plain just p*ssed me off!

So what it seems to come down to is she hasn't the nerve to sack me the Daft Cow!

You might want to edit the tw*t before someone jumps on you wink.gif
Afraid mine turn into a bit of a rant as well sorry! unsure.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Feb 20 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #4

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Rant away, rant away! That's the point of this thread biggrin.gif

I've just had another of my colleagues ask me if I've done two different things that I didn't even know I was supposed to have done!!! rolleyes.gif It's like people expect you to be psychic these day!

I understand what you mean about your job though. I used to work for one company where I was told by my immedaite manager that there had been some complaints about me. He could tell me what or by whom just that I should "Watch what I was saying and who I was saying it to". I mean just HOW vague could he be! rolleyes.gif I asked what I could do about it and he repeated himself. My response was "With all due respect, I can't stop doing something or offending someone if I don't know what it is I'm doing or saying wrong!" mad.gif

The issue was resolved for me however as the numpties were bought out by another company and I got myself another job and my last day happened to coincide with the day everyone got sacked or made redundant! So V sign to them! laugh.gif

I'm not saying you should send the company bankrupt but I think I would have gone utterly mad if I'd stayed there with the whole "your face doesn't fit" ethos. That's b*llocks! dry.gif Get yourself at better job, with better pay and walk in to their office and tell them where they can stick their faces!!!! laugh.gif

Ooooo, bit more of a rant there. Soz! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Feb 20 2004, 03:34 PM
Post #5

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I like this thread, for one, I can rub it in your faces that i've had it easy and worked with mostly lovely people...though there was a time in McDonalds where we were sending managers crazy...literally laugh.gif but then we got mostly female managers who were middle aged mothers and therefore as nutty as a pot of assorted nuts.

Secondly it means that no matter how badly I do in university, there's always a good job out there for me because if numpties can become managers, then so can I! tongue.gif happy.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Feb 20 2004, 03:38 PM
Post #6

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Sir_Psycho_Sexy @ Feb 20 2004, 08:33 AM)
I like this thread, for one, I can rub it in your faces that i've had it easy and worked with mostly lovely people...though there was a time in McDonalds where we were sending managers crazy...literally laugh.gif but then we got mostly female managers who were middle aged mothers and therefore as nutty as a pot of assorted nuts.

Secondly it means that no matter how badly I do in university, there's always a good job out there for me because if numpties can become managers, then so can I! tongue.gif happy.gif

That's my boy! Set your targets low, and happiness will come to you!

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Feb 22 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #7

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

I'm lucky insofar as I don't work with numpties - but I serve a metric f@ckload of them each and every day.

The worst I have to contend with staff-wise is a girl who complains about every little thing in the world, and who has a peculiar superiority complex. A minor irritant, but some days that's enough to really get you angry...

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Feb 22 2004, 01:14 PM
Post #8

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Group: New Members
Member No.: 822

Coo' seen as we're bitchin' about ppl at work, I can add a post!!!

First of all, I just found out the other day that my supervisors from my last job nic-named me the 'skunk'. (I used to have a black mohawk with blonde back and sides).

And then there was a rumour about me supposedly being gay. It all began when my best friend and I started working there. Everyone had their 'favourite cubicle' and we were all told that you can sit wherever u like, even if the computer has someones name on it, cuz they'd all be taken down.

So I sat at some chick called Jo's computer, cuz it was the only place my friend and I could sit together. Jo got hell p*ssed and bitched to the supervisors who said nothing would be done, cuz of the new rules.

So she started some rumour that her husband saw me and my friend "pashing in the car-park after work" (which incase your wondering NEVER happened). This went around for a while and one day my supervisor came up to my friend when I wasnt there and said something about us being "partners". My friend told me the next day, and after I finnished p*ssing myself laughing, made me tell the supervisors we weren't "partners".

Just some of the mentally challenged morons I had to work with. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
Sinewmire
post Feb 23 2004, 04:11 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 648

*wonders if Pashing is what I think it is...*

I used to work in a warehouse, and th minibus failed to turn up, so I was allocated a driver... 'course it turns out that said driver was a maniac. I think the slowest we went was about 60 past a speed camera in a 30 zone... I mean, did he think that was going to fool the bloody thing? rolleyes.gif

He always slowed down after the speed-traps too... moron.

Gods I was scared smile.gif

--------------------
Gothic Towers tottered on her heels as she fled asylum grounds
Comitting hard crimes in soft cells where now another's screams resound...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:23 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!