IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Inside Jokes: Revealed!, What're some of yours?
Righteous
post Feb 26 2004, 02:15 AM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I was just thinking of some of the random inside jokes my friends and I have. I figured that most of you guys have inside jokes too so why not reveal them all?

Going bowling- This one time, my friends Sam and Matt went on a date telling her dad that they were going bowling. Instead, they went off and had sex, so now "going bowling" means to have sex.

That'll do, pig- Matt says that to me all the time.

The French aren't real people- Harmonie and I had this goofy little arguement over whether or not the French were real people. I think it got started by us arguing over whether French or Spanish was the better language (I speak Spanish).

We also quote movies a lot. Our favorites right now are Haggard, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Reservoir Dogs and Swingers.

What about you guys?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jicama
post Feb 26 2004, 02:45 AM
Post #2

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Group: New Members
Member No.: 46

ye gods, were do i start?

it was funny 'cause it looked like you were in pain- tigersong said it to artemisia while tobogganing a few years back and it caught on.

sockless- sort of means indecent/naked. from a bizarre phone conversation jaq and tigersong had.

the table- refers to our group of friends since we became a group by sitting at the same table at lunch. the table also refers to me, as everyone in the group was given a title based on a weird craft making analogy- i'm the table 'cause my place is where stuff happens, jaq is the sparkly purple glue, 'cause she keeps us all together, tigersong... erm, i forget what it was decided he was... possibly the pencil crayon with the broken lead that you can't bear to throw out because it's such a great colour! laugh.gif

trunk!- when it's time to call shot-gun, someone must always call trunk instead. occasionally you get it too!

bang!- also required when someone calls shot-gun.

driver!- also also required by jaq (the driver) when someone calls shot-gun.

the "high miss"- this move doesn't actually have a name, but i guess that works. you and a friend intentionally miss making contact while doing a high five. ...it's a thing.

that's all i've got of the top of my head, but i'm sure jaq and tigersong will add a bunch.

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Feb 26 2004, 03:19 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

Um, I've never been a really big fan of inside jokes, but there's one in particular called "Eating toast" that works much like Ri's "going bowling". It all stemmed from Tom inferring that we were gonna do it and that he'd go get the jelly, to which I quipped "We're having toast?".

A few of you know Tom so...yeah....

+Quote Post
sizzlieswix
post Feb 26 2004, 04:55 AM
Post #4

oiled and fried ...like chicken

Member No.: 407

i don't think i can name them all...not only because there are so many, but some would just take too long to explain...

"cheese"-the incognito word for sex..."man, i had some good cheese the other night"..people really think you're talking about cheese...often asking what kind, which proceeds onto more puns like..."some really, hot cheese" etc..

-the neverending quotes from Family Guy, Monty Python, and who can forget....Princess Bride...some classic quotage happening right there

"makin a snowman"-when someones in the bathroom for quite a long time and they ask you what you're doing in there...you say 'i'm makin a snowman'... eluding to defecation of some sort

the various nicknames for the strange customers at work...
'The Lemon Lady'-old lady comes in telling us that lemons make her really horny and proceeding to order water with lemon
'Smelly Fish Guy'-old guy who probably never seen a bar of soap in his life comes in and gets fish which smells even more
'Purple Monkey Juice'-the nickname of a cop that frequents our place, explanation would just take too darn long

then the nicknames my mates and i toss around...like Ferris, Bubblemouth, Milkdud, Grainy, and Simmons just to name a few

i'm sure there are many others to be added later

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Feb 26 2004, 05:14 AM
Post #5

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Wow. We thrive on inside jokes. The first one that came to mind was "dude". We were getting quite bored at a sleepover, and we started to make fun of people who say "dude" constantly. Before we knew it, we were in a situation of mountain climbers finding someone's "grandpa" and declaring him their "hot chick". I was hiding in my sleeping bag a lot of the time for that one. Then there's Lazarus. My friend brought over a Bible that had been done over kid-friendly and there were some hilarious worksheets about the content. (eg: what was Lazarus's biggest problem? a. his sisters wouldn't talk to him, b. he had horrible body odor, c. he was dead.) One created quite recently was when a friend of mine uttered "What the F***?" with a teacher nearby, and we decided we should say that to everything. Every time we see each other..."Tori! Hey, Tori! What the F***?!" There are countless more...

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Artemisia
post Feb 26 2004, 08:49 AM
Post #6

never enough yaoi in the world...

Member No.: 783

Well, let's see.

"going camping" (pronounced caaaaamping) with suggestive nod = some unnamed form of intimacy, referring to Tigersong and I once making out on top of an ant hill while on a hike during a camping trip. My advice to you- don't do it.

"playing chess" = same thing. No, we did NOT play strip-chess, despite what you may have heard.

When Tigersong or I do or say something really dumb, the other pats the foolish one on the shoulder condescendingly and the conversation goes:

-That's ok, honey, I'm not dating you for your brains.
-Well, you're certainly not dating me for my body. What are you dating me for?
-The sex. It's all about the sex.
-But we're not having sex.
-Oh. Right. So why are we dating???

And, this one comes from my Winnipeg group of friends,

"Bubbles for world peace!"
"Bubbles against teen pregnancy!"
"Bubbles for safe sex!"
"If you blow them, they will come!" (multivalent) blink.gif

all of which refer to an incident (surprisingly not involving alcohol, or, knowing us, not so surprisingly... cause we don't do that often) where 3 of us were outside in front of the rez building one fall night around midnight, blowing bubbles from those wedding bubble containers, under a street lamp. We blew the bubbles at passersby and shouted our slogans. Bubbles make people happy and keep them amused- hence, no war, no unsafe or unprotected sex. As well, bubbles is my latest public performance art piece.

+Quote Post
antagony
post Feb 26 2004, 09:10 AM
Post #7

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 560

Me and my sisters have a lot of inside jokes, most of which probably aren't funny anyway. I can't usually remember a lot of them off the top of my head. Let me see...

Directional microphones - basically whenever me, my cousins and sister #1 would talk about anything we didn't talk about around our parents, we would imagine that my dad was hiding somewhere with a directional microphone. "He's making directional microphone signals with his hands! I've been discovered!"

Like I said, not funny to other people.

Now? - last year, every time any of my friends suggested we go dosomething (usually while we were at school), I'd say "What, now?" because I think in the immediate future. For example:

Random ex-friend: We should go to Thailand!
Our Hero: What, now?
*everyone laughs at how stupid I am*

Right. Also not particularly funny to other people. And then the whole "I HATE YOU SO MUCH. YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL FATHER." thing (which I actually do say a lot, for some reason). Oh, and I quote Mallrats a lot when I'm with my sisters, because we're stupid.

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

Urban Freakshow now has a forum // Do you blog here often?

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Feb 26 2004, 02:15 PM
Post #8

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

Last year in AP Biology, our teacher realized two weeks before the exam that we had not covered human anatomical systems, which are about 20% of the test or some figure like that. So we start covering one system per day.

Of course, this inside joke HAS to deal with the reproductive system. She was going over the male bits and pieces and she got to:

Teacher: There are 350 million sperm in the average ejaculation.

Kid in my class [ironically, the same guy that showed me Matazone]: Heh...could you say that again except while holding your pinky up like this [holds his pinky up like Dr. Evil in Austin Powers]

Teacher: What? Ejaculation? [pointing to her mouth]

Our other joke was from when we were talking about the chemical differences between "white meat" and "dark meat" chicken. Get started talking about who likes what, and found most people preferred white meat for two reasons:

1. It's sweeter.
2. It doesn't look dirty.

But my friend liked the dark meat, so we started saying, "Oooh. She likes the dirty meat!"

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
sizzlieswix
post Feb 26 2004, 03:29 PM
Post #9

oiled and fried ...like chicken

Member No.: 407

marmar-our mascot 'Marmar for president'

making idle references to Bob Saget in the middle of a conversation like "Dude, what did you get for this answer?" "Bob Saget rocks"

'cake and cookies for everyone'-something marmar would say

(marmar being one of those things that would take entirely too long to explain)

+Quote Post
darkx
post Feb 26 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #10

Worrying

Member No.: 937

should we let them in on teh "waffles" emily?

--------------------
um.. i'm monkey_called_narth's n00b..

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Feb 26 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #11

Apparently squishy

Oh geez, J...teh waffles?

Would you like to butter my waffle?
laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkx
post Feb 26 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #12

Worrying

Member No.: 937

sure wink.gif.. i could use a lil butter myself tongue.gif

--------------------
um.. i'm monkey_called_narth's n00b..

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Feb 26 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #13

Apparently squishy

*gets the butter*

I haven't had waffles in forever...not even mini toaster waffles that you keep in the freezer!
sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aria
post Feb 26 2004, 06:25 PM
Post #14

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

Sharing oranges. Has to do with 'sharing' guys.
"I don't want my insides to shrivel up!". One of my friends ate drying agent. You know, the one in the package that says DO NOT EAT.
"mmm, manflesh. Pounce". Actually came from Lord of the Rings. Ditto for the box set of Hobbits.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 26 2004, 08:22 PM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

When my brother and some of the guys were in middle school, they were chilling at a table saying the word "asshole" rather loudly (on purpose). This one teacher heard this and a conversation ensued.

Teacher- You shouldn't use that word.

Rick- What word?

Teacher- ...Asshole.

CJ (my new roommate)- (gets up; jumps up and down) You said asshole! You said asshole!

We also bust on Colbey because he lost "it" to a chick at a party that was later busted and immediately after the busting, he jumped out the window naked and ran. Poor bastard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Feb 26 2004, 09:11 PM
Post #16

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

sockless- sort of means indecent/naked. from a bizarre phone conversation jaq and tigersong had.

Actually, the phone convo was between Jess'ca and I, but... oh well. *shrugs*.

"going camping" (pronounced caaaaamping) with suggestive nod

Yes. Thank you for sharing that knowledge with the whole world, m'dear. *rolls eyes and sighs*

Also, the "high miss" which Jicama mentioned is usually proceeded by a certain vocalization... something along the lines of "ya-hi!"

And, yes, the whole indecision about what craft implement I am is a long-standing joke as well. At my expense. mad.gif *pouts*

--

Um, other inside jokes...

1) The "Death" conversation... kind of hard to explain, but it involves Jaq and I having a conversation involving one of us starting by saying "Death?" in a really high pitched squeeky voice:

Death?
No, it's the microwave.
Oh. Death?
No, it's your toaster.
Oh. Death?
No, it's the mailman.
Oh. Death?
No, it's your doctor!
Oh. Death?
YES. (in a deep booming voice)
It's about time, what took you so long?
THERE WAS A TRAFFIC JAM ON THE FREEWAY.

... It's... funnier... if you're there. Sort of.

2) The Pseudo-Dice dance. If we're sitting at a table, (yes, we have to sit at a table), then one of use says "Pseudo-Dice dance" we have to suddenly stop everythign and wave our arms around and sway our bodies as if we were dancing with no sense of rhythm. This has to do with...

3) Table-Dancing! In high school, we were all sitting around The Table (mentioned by Jicama above) and we all started... dancing in our seats
And this girl came up to us and said (in a snotty voice) "Are you Dancing?" To which we replied, "Of course." To which she replied, "Well, stop it." "Why? Is there a rule against it?" To which she was taken aback, and thought a moment before responding... "Yes." To which, Jaq responded...

4) STIG! It's "Gits" spelled backwards!

I can't explain this one further.

5) "I blame Marti Noxton." Because, in the opinion of our friend Dice, Buffy the Vampire Slayer went downhill from the moment she signed on with Joss Whedon. So, it's used in everyday conversation such as... "Damn red lights. Why are we hitting all the red stoplights?" "I blame Marti Noxton."

6) "It's O-Kay. We're Dance Majors!" (*Does flinging motion with arms*). This one has to do with Jaq teaching me the dance step to the "Yellow Brick Road" song at night, in the parking lot of a coffee shop, with old women watching us confused from the windows. To which we responded, as above.

... And so many more...
Wow. Our whole existence seems to depend on inside jokes. *ph34rs*

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Feb 26 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #17

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Hmm... wow, we have a lot of inside jokes.

1) Anytime we watch Angel (spin off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) if anyone says "They killed Doyle!" in a hurt and confused tone, everyone else has to say "I know!" in an equally hurt and confused tone

2) Jaryn, (another friend) isn't exactly supportive of... anything, so usually when we're playing video games he'll call us stupid or idiots if we mess up. I've take to calling him Pee Wee Coach Jaryn, because gosh, boy howdy, wouldn't you like him coaching your kids softball team? (note sarcasm)

3) Calling Angel "F**ktard" and "ManWhore"

4) Whenever we end a conversation Jicama will say "I hate your guts" This stemmed from Dice's habit in highschool of saying "No one likes me" to which we would all reply "Of course we like you Dice" until Jicama got bored with that and started saying "Yup, we hate you Dice." Which happily made Dice stop saying "Noone likes me"

5) Whenever we get bored and we try to figure out something to do Jaryn will almost always yell out "Let's play Civ!" and I'll say "Okay!" and everyone else will pointedly ignore us. (civ = civilization = Board game that takes 14 hours to play if you're lucky)

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll edit this post if I think of more.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Feb 26 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #18

Rabid Saskatchewanian

QUOTE (Jaq @ Feb 26 2004, 03:38 PM)
1) Anytime we watch Angel (spin off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer) if anyone says "They killed Doyle!" in a hurt and confused tone, everyone else has to say "I know!" in an equally hurt and confused tone

That reminds me of our short-lived inside joke of...

"Geoff?"
"What?"
"Cordy's EVIL!"
"I KNOW!"
"I KNOW!"
"CORDY'S EVIL!"
"I KNOW!"

ad nauseum.

(yet another Angel reference, when Cordelia became possessed by an evil higher-power)

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 26 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #19

Shut up, noob!

During the movie Bones, my brother Rick would say, "Ill, yo," at inappropriate moments.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Feb 26 2004, 09:45 PM
Post #20

Took this grammar!

QUOTE (Tigersong @ Feb 26 2004, 03:43 PM)
That reminds me of our short-lived inside joke of...

"Geoff?"
"What?"
"Cordy's EVIL!"
"I KNOW!"
"I KNOW!"
"CORDY'S EVIL!"
"I KNOW!"

ad nauseum.

(yet another Angel reference, when Cordelia became possessed by an evil higher-power)

Man that annoyed alot of people!

I think I got things thrown at me at one point...

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Feb 26 2004, 09:48 PM
Post #21

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Ooo, then there's the one where you say soemone is "isolated" in conversation, and everyone else has to respond "And full of rage?"

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Feb 26 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #22

Took this grammar!

QUOTE (Tigersong @ Feb 26 2004, 03:47 PM)
Ooo, then there's the one where you say soemone is "isolated" in conversation, and everyone else has to respond "And full of rage?"

Yeah, that one started when we were watching DarkMan and Jicama decided that all cool characters were isolated and full of rage. It's just one of those things that you've got to have.

So everyone who is isolate is automatically full of rage and everyone who is full of rage is automatically isolated. If they're not it's a big dissapointment to everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Feb 26 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #23

Shut up, noob!

There was a freestyle by Brandon DiCamillo where he played Skeletor and Beast Man from the He-Man cartoon. One of his funniest lines as Beast Man is, "Grrrr. I have AIDS. Beast Man AIDS!"

With my dad, uncle and brothers, whenever someone interrupts someone else, he says, "Hey, I have the mic."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Feb 26 2004, 10:00 PM
Post #24

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

"WTF mate" is one used among the forensics cult of my school. We also spontaneously break out into "badger badger badger" sometimes.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Feb 26 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #25

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

With Dayan, we used to have something where one of us would say something like:

"I'm going to go eat lunch..." (or any other action)

Then we'd go silent for a few moments, then we'd both yell

"WITH MY MIND!"

Ah, good times.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 09:40 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!