Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First House Party, Any suggestions?
Usurper MrTeapot
post Feb 29 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #1

Samauri Teapain

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 844

My parents are going away to Barcelona next weekend. I plan to throw a house party next saturday night and I have no idea what to do. Here is my general plan...

1) Rules: the main one being "If you don't leave drunk then you don't leave at all."
Others being generally about not stabbing me or throwing breakable stuff.
2) Drinkage: Everyone brings some drink, or money for drink. If everyone brings some then everyone shares.
3) Music, Loud and Rock. \m/ Nuff said. People bring their CDs and mark them.
4) Valuables hidden away...you can never have enough bubble wrap.

What am I missing?

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 29 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #2

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Do your parents know your having a party if not here are some surgestions
Have a room which is completely out of bounds and put anything breakable or that you would worry about being damaged in there.
Watch your sound volume cause if your nieghbour complain your perants will find out you've had the party.
Leave yourself LOTS of time to clear up the next day cause there WILL be clearing up to do!

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Feb 29 2004, 03:06 PM
Post #3

Samauri Teapain

Cheers Cath, I'll make places like my parents rooms out of bounds. My own room is too, as I am deeply ashamed of my manchester united wallpaper. I start the party on Saturday night, and parents return Monday night so I have the whole of Sunday and Monday afternoon to clear up.

About the sound, I'll just warn neighbours in advance myself that there will be music fairly loud until late.

--------------------
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 29 2004, 03:10 PM
Post #4

I've been brainwashed

Cool! Glad I could help if I think of anything else I'll let you know!

Oh! Dont have alcholic jelly it's a complete bugger to get out the carpet!!! dry.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Feb 29 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #5

Samauri Teapain

That reminds me...food. Snacks? Crisps and the like? How much of it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 29 2004, 03:14 PM
Post #6

I've been brainwashed

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Feb 29 2004, 03:10 PM)
That reminds me...food. Snacks? Crisps and the like? How much of it?

A few bag of crips and stuff but not to much. Vomit ICKY!!! and just say to the people to bring there own if they want any or it just get expensive for you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Feb 29 2004, 03:16 PM
Post #7

Samauri Teapain

Good plan.

You must speak from experience. Any stories to tell?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Feb 29 2004, 03:37 PM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Feb 29 2004, 03:15 PM)
Good plan.

Me no I'm innocent!!! tongue.gif

My 25th was fun had a Halloween party no perants to deal with (was at uni) but very annoying landlady (we weren't surposed to have parties)! Daft bat!! We had a coridor between the outside front door and the inside front door so we drapped cobwebs up it which you had to climb through to get in. But this was also the party I lernt jelly is a sod to get out of the carpet! we also managed to blow the upstairs lights so ended up with candles in the bathroom. The thing was though we cleaned the house on the sunday and over the week the house got a bit messy again cause we'd been busy what with ti being are final year and the landlady came rund on the friday with the fire officer to check the house and the next time I saw her she accused us of having a party the night before she came round as if we be that daft! we'd actually been in the pub the night before! dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Feb 29 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #9

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Feb 29 2004, 03:15 PM)
Good plan.

One warning - make sure the house isn't TOO clean. My parents always used to know when I'd had a party because they'd get home and the house would be absolutely spotless.

Dead giveaway that one! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Feb 29 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #10

Samauri Teapain

Haha, no chance of the house being too spotless. I'm a lazy bugger.
I'll leave out some dirty plates and a few empty sprite cans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Feb 29 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #11

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

1) Put everything that might conceivably be broken into a safe place. This includes anything that isn't a stout piece of furniture or isn't nailed down. If you can't fall on it without breaking it, it probably shouldn't be on display.
2) Have lots of cleaning equipment ready - like paper towels, mops, J-cloths, washing-up liquid, toilet paper, kitchen paper, soap, etc
3) Try to keep people in rooms without carpets
4) Have roll-up mattresses and so on ready for people to crash onto
5) Don't let your friends leave until they help start tidying up
6) Provide only liquids and dry foods - mushy stuff is a pain in the arse to get out
7) Have fun (I feel stupid saying that - how could you not have fun with alcohol!?)

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Feb 29 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #12

Samauri Teapain

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Feb 29 2004, 06:17 PM)
1) Put everything that might conceivably be broken into a safe place. This includes anything that isn't a stout piece of furniture or isn't nailed down. If you can't fall on it without breaking it, it probably shouldn't be on display.
2) Have lots of cleaning equipment ready - like paper towels, mops, J-cloths, washing-up liquid, toilet paper, kitchen paper, soap, etc
3) Try to keep people in rooms without carpets
7) Have fun (I feel stupid saying that - how could you not have fun with alcohol!?)

Okay my day seems to be a loopy rollercoster. You wouldn't know this but the girl I am obsessed about is coming to the party. She said she will and in the UK a verbal agreemant is a legally binding thinggyawhatsit if she doesn't turn up I will sue for breach of contract.

I need a way of getting pretty much everything from the living room to the upstairs rooms. I'll have people help out I guess. Looks like I've got a bit of shopping to do Saturday morning.

I have no rooms without carpets! The only exception is the kitchen but no one goes in there blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Feb 29 2004, 07:26 PM
Post #13

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Well, if you have no rooms without carpets, then buy yourself some Resolve Spot Shot. Tis good stuff for getting stains out...if they have it in the UK. I'm never sure with name brands. Well, if not that..then *some* sort of stain remover for carpets. Hopefully you won't need it, but you can never be too careful. smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Feb 29 2004, 08:02 PM
Post #14

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Don't invite Ben Phillips. He'll be vomiting within an hour and a quarter, unconscious within an hour and a half, and in the morning he'll come downstairs, complain about his hangover, and then keep vomiting everywhere until you kick him out, then you'll have to clean your friend's house because her parents get back the next day. Not worth the effort.

Seriously though, if you want to supply more substantial food, I recommend pizza, since almost everyone will eat it.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Blue
post Feb 29 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #15

Group: New Members
Member No.: 973

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Feb 29 2004, 08:01 PM)
Seriously though, if you want to supply more substantial food, I recommend pizza, since almost everyone will eat it.

And if it's not all eaten - cold pizza is lovely conjoined with a hangover.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Mar 1 2004, 12:56 PM
Post #16

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

that it is. just make a general rule of "if you throw up, you clear it up yourself pronto" then people won't just throw up next to themselves.
oh, and make sure you've got washing machine powder/tablets. it's always nice to be able to wash people's vomitty clothes, stops them from smelling too much blink.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
darkspree
post Mar 1 2004, 02:15 PM
Post #17

Super advanced member

Member No.: 874

Like CommieBastard said; don't invite Ben Phillips.

I had a house party and he threw up EVERYWHERE then left with vomit stains all over him, after trying to hug the girl he fancies.

Make sure you have cleaning equipment, cannot stress that enough.

Make sure you KNOW who is coming and tell people not to invite extra people you don't know.

Place all empty alcohol bottles/cans in OTHER PEOPLE'S bins. So then when your parents look in their bin (when they open the lid, I'm not saying they'll search bins but ya know) it'll be free of alcohol stuff.

Um. I think that's about it. It'll be fun but really,you'll need at least a day to tidy up properly.

--------------------
I decided to be XTREME and not have a signature.. Waiiit a minute!

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Mar 1 2004, 02:24 PM
Post #18

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Be really careful about who you invite. Make sure that you just don't say to all of your friends "Hey, I'm having a party, tell everyone" Yeah... that's not a good idea. A guy I know invited some people to a house party and they brought some people and those people brought some people and so many people came most of them didn't even know the guys name. Anyways, long story short, a fight broke out between two groups of people that had long hated each other, they broke furniture and wrecked the rugs. There was no semblance of order and the guy couldn't control anything. When the police finally showed up he was really happy to see them, even though it meant he was in deep trouble with his parents. I can't remember the exact dollar amount of the damage, but it was more than $1000.

Know everyone you're inviting.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Mar 1 2004, 02:45 PM
Post #19

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Ashtrays. Get some and leave them _everywhere_. Especially in the garden.

Leave a bucket or two in the garden, if you intend on everyone being drunk the garden is a good place to point people when they get queasy, the fresh air is a make or break factor and it means that you don't have someone hugging the toilet for three hours.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Mar 1 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #20

Samauri Teapain

I am not allowing smoking at all. I'm one of those annoying people who can't stand it. My parents smoke but I still notice.

I am trying to keep the numbers down and who I invite. But I used the computer to print off a few sheets of directions for confused friends who simply hadn't been to my house and some c*ck photo copied one and invited a few more people. Luckilly I didn't put the date on it so no one knows when appart from those who are coming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Mar 1 2004, 06:44 PM
Post #21

I've been brainwashed

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Mar 1 2004, 06:26 PM)
I am not allowing smoking at all. I'm one of those annoying people who can't stand it. My parents smoke but I still notice.

I am trying to keep the numbers down and who I invite. But I used the computer to print off a few sheets of directions for confused friends who simply hadn't been to my house and some c*ck photo copied one and invited a few more people. Luckilly I didn't put the date on it so no one knows when appart from those who are coming.

Good thinking Batman! Cause you really dont want people you haven't invited cause you dont know what there capeable of. dry.gif You'll have to let us know how it goes! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Mar 1 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #22

Samauri Teapain

Some people are even planning to break my rules already.

Rule #1 If you don't leave drunk, you cannot leave.

Apparently after ice skating my friends all got wasted. They found the most featherweight drinker too. My friends cousin spent most of the night with her head in the bowl after a shot of JD and half a bottle of WKD.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Mar 1 2004, 07:16 PM
Post #23

I've been brainwashed

Thats worse than Polo! I'm impressed!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Mar 2 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #24

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

This sounds like a fun party. You don't live far from me, either...

*plots*

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Mar 2 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #25

Samauri Teapain

Hmm...you're very welcome to come MrBastard but erm... we *thinks* are no longer allowing alcohol. Yes thats it. My gerbil got alcohol poisoning and then aliens ate my homework. So sorry but it looks like you can't come.

The above post was indeed a lie, we don't want you, you smell.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 08:35 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!