Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Ever..., meh.
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Mar 11 2004, 09:52 PM
Post #1

dream to make believe

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 863

right now I feel like I want to go curl up in a hole and die.

I have a vague idea why, but I'm not entirely sure.

I have four courseowrks on the go at the moment but I have no motivation. One of them is due in tomorrow and I've started it but I just can't concentrate and get it finished. Also my mum and dad are coming up tomorrow and I'm worried they'll have a go at me for not having done any painting yet. Fair enough I could have spent yesterday night doing it instead of going to Rock City but at least I got two, very much needed, hugs there. But I think if I'd stayed home I would have just sat trying to do coursework anyway so I wouldn't have done any painting even if I hadn't gone.
I'm off to see Ag tomorrow night and I'm "owed" about 18 hugs so that should be cool, but I have to tell them that Jem's (Jem is their biggest fan) mum is in hospital and that if they don't at least e-mail her she's never going to go and see them ever again.
I want to go home, be with my friends but they aren't there. My best friend has gone to Sri Lanka for three months and all my other friends are at uni. I can't wait for Easter. And now I have the fact that I never gave my alevel certificates to the uni to prove I got the grades I got just popped into my head and I've gone paranoid that they won't let me go into the second year.

I miss last year. It may sound dumb but if I could do it all again I would, with the good moments and the bad. But maybe I'd also revise for my a-levels and put the effort into the coursework. Even if it means I have to do last Easter all over again.

sorry. I'm done now

so stay alive until you die...

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jicama
post Mar 11 2004, 11:30 PM
Post #2

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Group: New Members
Member No.: 46

i think everybody feels like that in first year. you're away from home for the first time, so you have to do all the cooking, cleaning, bill paying, and such yourself. there aren't any parents around to keep you on task. some or all of your friends are in different cities, or live so far away that they might as well be. and to top it all off, the majority of the workload is given as homework with little to no class time.

it's a big change, and it's a lot of work. feeling stressed or depressed/apathetic are perfectly normal responces, you just have to know that the stress will end, that you will be ok.

i know i've said this before in another thread, but it really helps to plan out what you have to do, and when you are going to do it. and don't forget to include fun stuff like the ag concert in this schedule- doing things to help you relax will make it easier to work later. but it has to be real relaxing! no going to a party and just sitting there feeling guilty that you aren't working! you must forget about work and have actual fun! and remember, if you need more time, there is nothing wrong with asking for an extention! just make sure that you ask for them before the thing is actually due! and if it's a choice between handing in something late, or getting an ulcer, hand it in late. a few docked marks are easier to take than a gaping hole in your stomach lining!

now take a deep breath and remember that summer vacation is just around the corner!

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Mar 12 2004, 01:33 AM
Post #3

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (snoo @ Mar 11 2004, 09:51 PM)
right now I feel like I want to go curl up in a hole and die.

I have a vague idea why, but I'm not entirely sure.

Ooh cripes. From my observation that's something that'll occasionally come up for your entire life. I think it's something to do with th ebrain being inherently evil.

Those times do pass, but the distraction that works for it is always different. Such a distraction does come in the end though, so don't despair.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Mar 12 2004, 09:23 AM
Post #4

dream to make believe

coursework numero uno - done! Well except I have to print it out and hand it in, library doesn't open til half 9 and my lectures not til 11 today so hopefully all will be spiffy smile.gif

got 3 hours sleep last night...yay! but it's done so I'm happy.

Ag will be great tonight...I just I knew what name my tickets are reserved under, possibly snoo but *argh* hehe will make it more interesting anyway smile.gif

maybe I'll just find my hole and sleep in it for now smile.gif thanks guys

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Mar 12 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #5

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Nice one on the course work and I hope the printing it out and handing in went swimingly. Enjoy your gig tonight.

And here's a huge *HUG!* to keep you going!

But afraid to say Fuzzy's right about crawling into a hole thing. huh.gif

So have another *HUG*. smile.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Mar 12 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #6

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Firstly *big hugs* I know that feeling and it ain't nice sad.gif

Secondly, take it from me, you'll feel much better once the coursework is out of way. A sense of elation almost. Well it was like that for me smile.gif I hated getting started espcially when I had loads and didn't even know where to start dry.gif

Keep at it. Everyone has days like that and we're all here for you. Everyone was here for me when I was having low times. I still get them but they are fewer and far between because of the support of my loved ones and friends.

*hugs*

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Mar 12 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #7

dream to make believe

*hugs to cath and pixiegoth*

thank you guys, *feels all warm and fuzzy inside*

I got it printed out and handed in ok, but the stupid library computer skrewed up the layout - grrr! But meh. it's all okie dokie now.

Except they gave us another one immediately as we handed the other in \o/ so I still have 4 on the go.

Going to try and stick to my timetable thingie next week but for now I'm going to chill out for a bit cos I'm so tired and I just had the most boring lecture ever...I turned off about about 5 mins, the fact I was tired, the room was warm and dark and the guy giving the lecture had a kids TV narrator type voice made me very sleepy! I wasn't the only one tho, I managed to keep awake by doodling...ahh where would we be without doodles?
I'm jibbering now huh.gif

*more hugs* you people are the lovliest people ever!

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 07:57 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!