Reply to this topicStart new topic
> School. Depression.
shib
post Mar 22 2004, 02:26 AM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 835

I have to go back to school tomorrow. I want to crawl in a hole at just waste away, I hate people, I hate teachers, I hate the atmosphere I effing hate it. I wish I could just get out of this mess. Sorry. Just had to get that out.

--------------------
I'm your toy,
your 20th century boy..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Atari
post Mar 22 2004, 03:51 AM
Post #2

Worrying

Member No.: 907

In a few years it will be done with forever, then you can look back and laugh at all the shit you went through.

--------------------
Spastic 21 year old seeking fun adventures, good at oral sex. Apply within.
AIM : SeeAtariRun .. Talk to me. I don't bite, though I don't mind being bitten.
Avatar 'borrowed' from Megatokyo Fanart Archive

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Mar 22 2004, 04:52 AM
Post #3

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 82

QUOTE (shib @ Mar 21 2004, 09:25 PM)
I have to go back to school tomorrow. I want to crawl in a hole at just waste away, I hate people, I hate teachers, I hate the atmosphere I effing hate it. I wish I could just get out of this mess. Sorry. Just had to get that out.

School is tough. That is just how it is. I do not know whether you are a n00b (grade 9) or like me in Grade 12, but I know it will be done eventually. Think of it as a constant countdown. Whenever you get really freaked out be like

"Okay, (insert # of months or days or weeks) to go, I can tolerate this..."

Then take a deep breath.

Can't help you too much but if you need help or advice or someone to listen...I've been told I am fairly good at stuff like that. Just pick a messenger!

--------------------

+Quote Post
antagony
post Mar 22 2004, 09:42 AM
Post #4

Has too much time on their hands

Member No.: 560

Like everyone else has said, the good thing about high school is that it can only last for so long. It seems like a hell of a long time (a day seems pretty long in school, for that matter) but it does end. Of course, the trouble with high school is that the closer you get to the end, the more pointless and tedious it seems. I guess I'm not being helpful, but anyway...

The teachers and the people and the atmosphere all do suck. I can't understand those people who say that high school was the best time of their lives because the way I see it, this is the lowest of the low points. That may not sound like an optimistic statement, but it really is. I know, I know, you've heard this from me before. I like repeating myself. My point is (after all this rambling) that I know you can get through this and after all of it, everything will be awesome and happy. Trust in my bizarre optimism!

Having said that, it kills me to see you depressed. If anyone deserves to be happy, you do. Seriously. I'm not online often enough because I'm always asleep but if you need to talk, just IM me, email me, call me even. I'm not the world's best listener but I try, for you anyway. Just think of the summer and of super awesome post-high school life! And if all else fails, you could always run away with me...

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

Urban Freakshow now has a forum // Do you blog here often?

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Mar 22 2004, 09:52 AM
Post #5

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (antagony @ Mar 22 2004, 09:41 AM)
think of the summer

Amen, Shibs smile.gif Hold on 'till I get there, okay?

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Mar 22 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #6

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

try and find a reason to get through each day, like seeing a friend or having something you really like to eat as soon as you get home...that's how i get through me days. if not, find some friends who can muck around with you and make the time go faster...and like antagony said, think of the summer....*thinks* happy.gif happy.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
shib
post Mar 22 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #7

Super advanced member

School is tough. That is just how it is. I do not know whether you are a n00b (grade 9) or like me in Grade 12, but I know it will be done eventually.

I'm in gr 11, in case anyone's wondering.

Thanks everyone for your concern. It's just a low point, I guess. My we're all miserable lately, it seems. I really need to take my mind off this... I need a vacation. Or I just need to go goth clubbing. yes.

--------------------
I'm your toy,
your 20th century boy..

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Mar 22 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #8

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Don't be sad. It will all be over soon. Just focus on getting out of there and it will be over in an instant. *huga and hands you ice cream*

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
shib
post Mar 23 2004, 12:48 AM
Post #9

Super advanced member

*sits up* mmmm! Ice cream! *licks silver*

I think I have ADD.

--------------------
I'm your toy,
your 20th century boy..

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 24 2004, 12:52 AM
Post #10

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

QUOTE (shib @ Mar 23 2004, 12:47 AM)
I think I have ADD.

Don't go on ritalin unless you have to, if you do have it. It effing sucks.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
Clint Eastwood
post Mar 25 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,025

sure, you hate school now. but look at what lurks ahead:

Most likely, despite all your dreams, you will end up working at Wal-Mart or Mcdonalds or some sort of retail, since most good jobs have been sold out to cheap labor. You will most likely never own your own home thanks to foolish economic policies of the last 2 decades and deficets of the current administration along with the previous administrations foreign trade policies and Reagonomics and environmental cleanups. This will all come out of your pocket as the tax burden is continuely shifted from the rich to the poor. This will not trickle down, but rather be invested in continuing the move of all good jobs to foreign sweatshops.

You will get a cellphone and a credit card. You will go to college thanks to the "college=success" mentality of the world and you will be massively in debt before you are 22. You will not be able to pay it off for 40 years, making you basically a slave to an empty consumer lifestyle where you have no chocie but to conform to the system because you owe them massive amounts of money. You wont know what hit you. You will be too tired to go anywhere anymore as your youth is slowly sucked away and just replaced with a general feeling that you are falling apart and decomposing because you are.

All the people you met and hated and loved in high school will be memories, and you will be lonely, perhaps socializing with one or two coworkers. They might not even be friends, but they will be all you have. You wont hate anyone anymore, but you wont particularly love anyone anymore either. Just a general dulling of all your emotions that are driving you crazy right now. You will eventually retire, but you will long since have been robbed of your social security thanks to current economic policies, and you will be placed in a nursing home where you are disrespected daily and your nurses will rob you of your money and you will carry what little knoweledge you have gained from your experiences to the grave with you. maybe if your lucky you will visit Europe at some point.

so have fun with all that. and be thankful you have the time and energy and money to go clubbing.

--------------------
"I'm wild again, beguiled again, a whimpering simpering child again. Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I."

I wish Kurt Vonnegut was my grandfather. anyone else?

+Quote Post
shib
post Mar 26 2004, 04:07 AM
Post #12

Super advanced member

Dude. I live in Canada. And I'm too young and poor to club.

--------------------
I'm your toy,
your 20th century boy..

+Quote Post
Gothymothy girl
post Mar 26 2004, 04:50 AM
Post #13

Bleeg?

Member No.: 1,021

Or I need to go goth clubbing. yes.

YES! goth clubbing! think of the good times!

Yeah.....do you have spring break NEtime? Loom forward to that. Or to the weekend. Or toward summer. Or toward death, that works too.

I hope Im making you feel better, man.

--------------------
>(|||> Pround owner of the Uber-carrot! Ph34r it! Come closer. . . so I can slap the sh*t out of you! . . . do I LOOK like a friggin people person? Bumper stickers are so lame. . . Bumper STICKS are where it's at! You should duct tape a stick to your bumper and be like me!
. . . I'm hearing voices but all they do is complain. . .
What if I had a mustard-drenched cucumber tied to my leg and I did not want my pants to get dirty? Ya better checkety-check yourself before ya wreckety-wreck yourself! Once you finally create something original, someone comes along and steals it. . . not to say that's a BAD thing. . .

+Quote Post
Clint Eastwood
post Mar 26 2004, 07:15 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

canada, america, england. capitalism is capitalism and it eventually leads to an unepic boring debt ridden adult life. high school is the best time of your life if only for the fact that your young and not tired and hassled all the time. you get the summers off, long christmas breaks and so forth. when your in the workforce you work harder for longer periods of time, and its constant, day after day after day. get used to working on christmas eve. at least when you are in high school, the people you are beholdent too areu sually people you love or who love you or at least can be reasoned with (your parents, teachers, whatever.) in a few years you are going to be beholdent to the faceless corporate oligarchy and bosses that will hear no excuses and not give a shit whether you cut your arms with razorblades or sit up all night singing along to radiohead while clutching a teddy bear and sobbing just so long as you get them their money on time.

but at least you got free health care in canada........

its not a coincidence that nearly every single adult in the world says "ohhh..high school was sooooo much better then this." believe them.

ps: sorry, i thought you go clubbing. i was thrown off by the statement in your message that said you were going clubbing. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"I'm wild again, beguiled again, a whimpering simpering child again. Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I."

+Quote Post
shib
post Mar 27 2004, 06:13 AM
Post #15

Super advanced member

Everyone I've talked to said that they wouldn't go back to their teenage years even if they got payed. This should be the best time of our lives, but with all the changes, thoughts, hormones, ect that are happening at this time, most teenagers are too depressed to take advantage of the supposed "good times". I've heard countless people saying if this is the best time of their lives, then they don't want to grow up. ever. And I can agree with that.

The last thing we need is people telling us how we should be happy, that everyone else is having a great time being a teenager and so we're freaks because we aren't enjoying it. It makes me feel guilty for something I can't help. Now maybe Clint you're going through a rough time as well, so you're trying to make the best out of it, or just make everything look bleak, so I wont take what you say personally. It just kind of upsets me listening to people constantly tell me how i should be enjoying this time, because it doesn't get any better after this - then going on to tell me how shitty my future will be. Lex insists on doing this as well.

So basically, the point of that was if you don't really care, then don't post.. I'm a little fragile at the moment and I don't mean to get so upset over little things. I apologize for being a bit defensive. I'll probably feel better in the morning.

--------------------
I'm your toy,
your 20th century boy..

+Quote Post
antagony
post Mar 27 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #16

Anyway, who's to say that we have to follow the same pattern that everyone does with their life? I know there's no way in hell I'll ever get a desk job, or become a part of Corporate America. It sounds naive (and probably is, for that matter) but I'd rather be a bohemian reject and have no money at all. Either way, optimism never hurt anyone. It does get better. So there.

And Clint: just for the record, I don't know a single adult who says that high school was the best time of their life.

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Mar 27 2004, 02:57 PM
Post #17

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

QUOTE (antagony @ Mar 27 2004, 02:50 PM)
I know there's no way in hell I'll ever get a desk job, or become a part of Corporate America.

Particularly since you're not American.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
antagony
post Mar 27 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Mar 27 2004, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (antagony @ Mar 27 2004, 02:50 PM)
I know there's no way in hell I'll ever get a desk job, or become a part of Corporate America.

Particularly since you're not American.

Corporate North America, then. It's a figure of speech. (Because I said so.)

--------------------
THE SKY'S GONE OUT!

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Mar 27 2004, 10:48 PM
Post #19

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Well, firstly - I enjoyed school for the last two years when I came into my own. So, I can't give you any advice that you haven't already got (i.e - hang in there sweetie).

But I can tell you that Clint Eastwood is wrong. The way he paints it really makes life look worthless. It's not.

*brace yourselves, starting to sound like my Mum*

Okay, at the moment life sucks. School sucks. People are arsebuckets. But this is the stuff that's going to make you a strong person. This is the stuff that is going to build your character.

Don't let them get the best of you. Don't let them define you. Take the bullshit, rise above it and twist it to your own liking. Give a great big up yours to the world, succeed in what you want to and bugger the rest of them.

It's your life, do what you want and bollox to everyone else.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Clint Eastwood
post Mar 27 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

@shib: you wont hold it against me? hold what against me? wow..this board is touchy. that is the third time someone has implied i have offended someone and i have no idea why.

well anyway, look, what im trying to tell you is, depression is a state of mind, not an age. if you dont change your mind, then nothing will change. there was a great quote from daria: "Life sucks no matter what, dont be fooled by location changes." dont be fooled by age either. age presents a new set of problems and difficulties. please, take it from someone who has experienced both. (and believe me, i wont go into whining about the experiences of an insecure scrawny art-house kid, but suffice it to say my school-hood years werent exactly peachy.) but the idea that getting older will "save" you has led more then one friend of mine into a pit as we grew up.

you will be ignored, disrespected and put upon your entire life. at least when your real young you have the energy to deal with it. and if you dont learn to deal with it now, if you keep blaming your state of mind on things like high school, then your just gonna keep waiting for something to save you when the only thing that can save you is yourself. the blame that you assign to high school will be shifted to your job, and you will continue to be depressed and waiting for something to save you. dont be static, dont wait. try to improve your life now, because nothing is going to save you.

The last thing we need is people telling us how we should be happy, that everyone else is having a great time being a teenager and so we're freaks because we aren't enjoying it.

no, the last thing you need to be told is that by simply "getting older" all your problems will be solved. no one is saying that teenagers are all happy and you should be happy to or your a freak. most teenagers are miserable. but so are most adults. things dont change that much, its just that whining about it becomes more and more frowned upon. most adults i know are still waiting for something to save them. except in thier case its usually material objects, like a new car, a raise, more money.

Now maybe Clint you're going through a rough time as well, so you're trying to make the best out of it, or just make everything look bleak, so I wont take what you say personally. It just kind of upsets me listening to people constantly tell me how i should be enjoying this time, because it doesn't get any better after this - then going on to tell me how shitty my future will be.

im not telling you you should be happy. for all i know you have very good reasons for being depressed. what im saying though, is if your depressed now, 9 times out of ten, you will be depressed in the future if you dont personally make a choice to take action to better your life.

So basically, the point of that was if you don't really care, then don't post.. I'm a little fragile at the moment and I don't mean to get so upset over little things.

if i didnt care, i wouldnt post. im of the melancholic humour, which means i tend to feel others pain. i dont want you or anyone else to be depressed. but i dont think a location change, much less a bunch of sympathy will inspire you to take action to better your life. hope of being saved by something else and sympathy are enablers. theyre like the best friends of alcoholics who dont try and get them to stop being an alcoholic. by being overly polite and sympathetic, you can effectively hurt people.

im telling you right now, high school isnt the only thing that is hard and depressing. life is hard and depressing. its not going to get any easier so you have to do something about it or you will always be depressed. i dont know you, and its probably not any of my business, but by posting this topic about how depressed you are, i can only interpret that as a cry for help and i dont think a bunch of generic encouragement will help you. its your life, your responsible for how it goes. so take it into your hands to change it till you like it.

@antagony:
but I'd rather be a bohemian reject and have no money at all

well, then, my advice to you is to never buy a car, a credit card or go to college. they wont let you be a bohemian reject with no money if you owe them money. to quote A Silver Mt. Zion "Destroy All Dreamers with Depression and Debt." thats is their goal. so long as you never do anything to be in debt to them, you can be a veritable Jack Kerouac.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fluffy
post Mar 27 2004, 11:39 PM
Post #21

Haibane

Member No.: 731

Well, I really am only 13, so I don't have much life experience yet. But, I've found that two things help. First of all, if there's nothing you can do to change something, don't worry about it,from Cowboy Bebop, "Whatever happens, happens." Of course, I reccomend if you have any way to fix a problem do your best to do so. Second, during the bad times, don't live in the moment, I don't know how I do it, but nowadays, it's more often that I find myself remembering class than I actually find myself in class. Good luck.

--------------------
Odd Numbers = Raisins
Proudly e-married to Silver Star! This happened on January 11, 2004.
I'm DarkProtector's foob!

+Quote Post
shib
post Mar 28 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #22

Super advanced member

Thanks, love. Just because you are a bit younger then me doesn't mean you don't have valuable advice and encouragement ^^ Anyone who likes Cowboy Bebop is okay with me. I'm feeling alot better today after reading all this. I know it's in my hands, but it's nice to have pure encouragement and support sometimes too.

--------------------
I'm your toy,
your 20th century boy..

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Mar 30 2004, 07:52 PM
Post #23

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Member No.: 1,030

If I hear one more person tell me that "these are the best years of your life, enjoy them" I swear someone will be in danger of severe injury. Anyone who believes that about high school is laboring under a very sad delusion. If these are the best years of my life then, damn, I guess the rest is going to really suck...

I know... it's so difficult to put any effort towards something that you feel is wasting your time. I'm in 12th grade, been accepted to university, and I just can't seem to give a sh*t if I'm slacking off a bit and spending my time in pursuit of things that give me so much more enjoyment (lately: lurking about Matazone...). Just try to concentrate on the end. I don't know if creating a little countdown of the days left is helpful or depressing to you, but it helps me. In the meantime... try to enjoy what you can. Even if most times things suck.

no, the last thing you need to be told is that by simply "getting older" all your problems will be solved. no one is saying that teenagers are all happy and you should be happy to or your a freak. most teenagers are miserable. but so are most adults. things dont change that much, its just that whining about it becomes more and more frowned upon. most adults i know are still waiting for something to save them. except in thier case its usually material objects, like a new car, a raise, more money.

^ kind of wanted to quote your whole post, but this part will have to do.

Clint Eastwood, you are... um... rather pesimistic. We know becoming an adult doesn't make everything miraculously better. Maybe it is true that "most men live lives of quiet misery", but it's not a crime to have the hope that there's something better in the future. Not expectations. Expectations are disappointing. Just a bit of hope. Shib's probably not in the mood to hear a fire and brimstone speech about life.

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
Untitled.
post Mar 30 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #24

Super advanced member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 825

13?! christ... ... YEY! SPAM!!! I mean, school was torture for me, being a quiet little one kidney`d (not a real word) wierdo who people loved to rape constantly. Actually I just got verbally abused alot and was used by everybody but no one would ever beat me up cause I said I couldn`t feel pain... and I could prove it. School i basically a form of cruelty very much like prison without the rape (and even that sometimes! oops I dropped my soap! go down on your knees...)

HIMURA KENSHIN is a very very very good person... OK! HE KICKS ASS!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!

+Quote Post
Aria
post Mar 30 2004, 09:40 PM
Post #25

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

QUOTE (Patient #212 @ Mar 30 2004, 07:51 PM)
If I hear one more person tell me that "these are the best years of your life, enjoy them" I swear someone will be in danger of severe injury. Anyone who believes that about high school is laboring under a very sad delusion. If these are the best years of my life then, damn, I guess the rest is going to really suck...

Amen. If these are the best years of my life, there's not much point to my continuing on. Kids in highschool are *cruel*. Adults, from what I've seen grow out of it somewhat. At least, I've never had an adult tell me it's not halloween, or call me a freak, or a weirdo, or worthless.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 08:56 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!