IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One More Reason Why I Hate Cars, really bad day.
Oni Usagi
post Mar 24 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 240

So yesterday, my mom had to take the day off to take my brother to the doctor's office, she didn't feel like driving so I drove. We had just left the doctor's office, and were almost on the expressway, when a large black jeep of some sort came into view from behind a van or truck or something, he was turning from the opposing lane and didn't see me because I was behind the large vehicle beside me, which was stopped to turn. My mom started screaming and I slammed on the breaks (not sure about the order) but I ran into him anyways. I caught him in the middle of the vehicle, right where the doors are. His car did a 180 and stopped in the grass in front of a speedway station, my car stopped in the middle of the road, just past the intersection and luckily only in one lane.

I was so freaked out, I was worried I had accidentally run a red light or stop sign, but there was no traffic light or stop sign at the intersection. The man called the police on his cell phone and told them what had happened. It took about 5-10 minutes for the police to get there. The police officer seemed nice enough, but I was still freaked out about the whole thing. I didn't get cited or anything, but I probably won't drive for a little while anyways.

The front passenger side took most of the impact on my car. The car was still running after I hit, but I shut it off and didn't try to see if it would still start. I'm not sure how extensive the damage was under the hood but the (body?) was bent up pretty bad, the metal on the right side slid under the metal on the door and it wouldn't open very far. The paramedics bent it to get my mom out when they came though. Everyone was okay, except my mom, her knees hit the front of the car and the seat belt hurt her shoulder and chest. At the hospital they X-rayed her and all her bones were okay, I was very relieved because they had put her in a neck brace and she was on a hard plastic board. Once they checked the x-rays they took the brace off and the board out from under her. The doctor released her and gave her a perscription for some pain relievers of some sort. We were at the hospital for 3 hours.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Mar 24 2004, 03:34 PM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I'm glad to hear that everyone is ok. I believe that they put the neck brace on no matter what just in case to keep the person stable until they know for sure how badly or not badly they are injured. Anyway, glad you're ok.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Mar 24 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #3

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Group: New Members
Member No.: 822

OMG that sucks. I hope you and your mum are ok. There are way too many thoughtless drivers out there. I refuse to get in my mum's car coz she's a crazy driver. Odd huh, she's 49 and I'm 18... and I'm scared of her driving!!!

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Mar 24 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (LoLo @ Mar 24 2004, 07:33 AM)
I believe that they put the neck brace on no matter what just in case to keep the person stable until they know for sure how badly or not badly they are injured.

Yup, they do with this sort of thing.

Meanwhile...grah, that sucks, Oni. Well, I'm terrified of driving as well. I'm nearly 22 and still have never even tried to get my license. The idea of driving a car frightens me to no end. I'm glad everyone was pretty much okay and nothing serious was wrong with your mom. =/

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Mar 24 2004, 03:49 PM
Post #5

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

as long as no one was seriously injured... good to hear you were able to walk away from it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Mar 24 2004, 04:15 PM
Post #6

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

*uberhugs* i've only been in one car accident (and i wasn't even driving) and it left me pretty shook up, i'm not surprised you don't feel like driving for a bit.
i'm glad you're mum's ok, and you and your bro. what's gonna happen with the car, incidentally?

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Mar 24 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #7

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Ouch...I'm just glad you, your mother and the guy you hit are okay. That could very easily have gone much worse.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Mar 24 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #8

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Ahhh. so that's why you asked what the outside metal part of a car is in IRC.

Sorry to hear about the accident. Stupid drivers, always getting in people's ways. Just on the bus to school today a car cut off the bus, another one nearly destroyed it's front bumper on the buses back, and a third one was tailgating the bus.

I'm glad that everyone's okay...

Yeesh!

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Mar 24 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #9

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

Thanks everybody. I felt very lucky that me and my brother were unhurt and that my mom turned out to be okay, she was complaining more about the board she was laying on then her injuries.

The car got towed to shop I think. I'm not sure if we are going to get it fixed. It depends on how much it would cost. From what's been said so far we probably won't fix it up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 08:48 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!