Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lack Of Concentration, My Brain has Turned to Mush
Enslaved
post Mar 24 2004, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Group: New Members
Member No.: 822

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for improving concentration. I used to mediate, but can't even focus on that now.

I also used to write, but now I seem to have writers block, can't even come up with a decent poem. This has been happening for about 6 months or so now. I just feel all light-headed all the time. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to fix this cuz its so frustrating mad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Mar 24 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

stop trying to concentrate. reverse psychology your brain so it does smile.gif
failing that, i always found a nice hot bubbly bath and classical or instrumental music always got me concentrating again.
i say always cause i have the same problem you do *hugs* it's why i'm not doing too well with my a-levels so far... unsure.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Mar 24 2004, 04:23 PM
Post #3

aww *hugs back*. I'm actually looking at downloading some mozart now. Tehe. And looking at taking up Tai-Chi. I think its just a few different things that are worrying me. Bit it is weird, cuz I've never had this problem before. Will let you know when I find something that works wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Mar 24 2004, 04:33 PM
Post #4

ooo. tai-chi thing to try:
sit in a good posture with your hand out in front of you. kind of in a praying position, but kept as close together as possible without touching.
as you breathe in, move them apart slightly, let it feel natural. then, as you breathe out, let them return to a position that feels right, just not touching.
you should feel a weird sensation growing, like a ball of energy, between your hands, that you can grow and shrink and twist your hands around.
it sounds strange, but it was taught to me whilst in paris, and once i'd mastered it, it never failed to help me focus.
i should go and try it now, really! smile.gif

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Mar 24 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #5

Oooh that sounds cool. I'm gonna go try it. Soon as I can prise myself away from the computer. Excersise is apparently good for concentration too. *wishes she still had a bicycle or something*

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Mar 24 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #6

Oooh the hand thing is cool. But it doesnt happen every time. Something to practise smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Mar 24 2004, 07:25 PM
Post #7

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

Apparently drinking the recommended daily amount of water improves your concentration no end. Being a gradual thing, you might not notice it really. But if you then stop drinking a good amount, the sudden drop is extremly noticeable. I speak from experience.

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Mar 24 2004, 08:12 PM
Post #8

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 505

Today I tried timetabling everything I did, and it worked surprisingly well. I actually got some work done too, which shocked me. I'm trying it again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Thus Spoke Zarat...
post Mar 24 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #9

Transitive Axis

Member No.: 995

If your smoking weed regularly, that might be it. Bad for concentration and short term memory

--------------------
'Even the wisest among you is only a confusion and hybrid of plant and phantom'

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Mar 24 2004, 09:47 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Enslaved @ Mar 24 2004, 04:56 PM)
Oooh the hand thing is cool. But it doesnt happen every time. Something to practise smile.gif

woo and yay, you have to be the first person i've ever tried to explain it to that's got it to work!! laugh.gif
Today I tried timetabling everything I did, and it worked surprisingly well. I actually got some work done too, which shocked me. I'm trying it again tomorrow.

hmm...i remember that working when i revised for gcse's...why haven't i tried it again?? *runs off to draw up prettily-coloured timetables and stuff*

--------------------

SHINY...

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Mar 25 2004, 06:26 AM
Post #11

1. I don't smoke weed. Only have about 4 times. I can't stand it, makes me really depressed.

2. I drink the RDI of water already... cuz its meant to be healthy, or something.

3. As for timetables - I am pretty organised. Its more I have a hard time trying to think clearly, everything just feels fuzzy. I can't write a decent poem anymore sad.gif

I have come to the conclusion that I need to sort out some personal matters first. I think they may be hindering my concentration.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:33 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!