Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My New Life!, bragging about my good news
Artemisia
post Apr 4 2004, 04:16 AM
Post #1

never enough yaoi in the world...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 783

Yes, I am seeking attention, but for happy things!

I just recently found out that I got into the Master of Arts art history program at Queen's University in Kingston, which was my second choice of grad school, and they are going to give me funding! Not a super lot, but enough that it will cover my tuition.

They only accept 8 people per year, and this year over 30 people applied, so I get to feel a little bit special. The director of the department there is one of the best Medievalists in Canada, so that's pretty exciting.

So now I get to move to Kingston, find an apartment (I've lived in rez for 4 years so this is pretty exciting for me), meet totally new people, as I know no one in that city, and I get to start fresh with all the people I meet-- classmates, profs, etc. That's a pretty liberating feeling.

Except now I've started worrying about how I will measure up to my classmates, as this is a somewhat high-profile school! (In Canada at least!) ;-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Enslaved
post Apr 4 2004, 06:50 AM
Post #2

Holy Goddess of Natopia... since 1985

Member No.: 822

Oooh Oooh Well Done!!!! Sounds like your gonna have alot of fun!!! You musta deserved to get in. I hope it all goes well smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

I lie, I wait, I stop, I hesitate, I am, I breathe, I meant, I think of me. Is it any wonder I can't sleep? All I have is all you gave to me. Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough. I taste, I love, I come, I bleed enough, I hate, I'm not, I was, I want too much. Its not enough, just a touch. Its not enough.

+Quote Post
franken-sarah
post Apr 5 2004, 07:25 PM
Post #3

A monster of someone elses creation...

Member No.: 873

That sounds great - enjoy! *hugs*

--------------------
Come freely, and of your own will, and leave behind some of the happiness that you bring with you...

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Apr 5 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #4

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Artemisia @ Apr 4 2004, 05:15 AM)
Except now I've started worrying about how I will measure up to my classmates, as this is a somewhat high-profile school! (In Canada at least!)  ;-)

Don't worry about that - if they have a smug, superior attitude you can feel all smug and superior because you don't (on the sly). tongue.gif Well done!

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Apr 5 2004, 11:20 PM
Post #5

The Six Train.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 636

YAY YOU!!!!!!!! *hands you a cake*

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 6 2004, 12:48 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Congrats, that's great news! Getting to know new people can be lots of fun, everyone else will probably be wondering how they'll measure up too, so don't worry about that.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 11:32 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!