Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Got A Boo-boo, just me whining
gothictheysay
post Apr 9 2004, 03:01 AM
Post #1

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 959

This was originally my thorn in the rose/thorn thread, but now I want to tell everyone just how much IT HURTS.

Scene: English class. Sitting in chair. Crucial: Synthetic part of chair attached to metal part. Lights are off in classroom. I try to scoot my chair in my grabbing hold to the chair seat with both hands and, er, scooting. One problem: One connection with the metal/chair comes undone. This means I grasp the seat but the metal part unconnected drops. Stop scooting, start letting go of chair. SLAM. My precious, tender finger's first joint on my left hand is sandwiched at an extreme and lethal speed between the metal and the chair. Finally being able to withdraw my finger, I begin swearing quietly to myself, trying to nurse it. I talk to the kid next to me about it. I was surprised I didn't just scream "MOTHERF***ER!" really loudly. After ten minutes it was numb. I was able to run some water over it and swathe it in wet paper towels. I thought I would be OK without an ice pack.

That happened at, oh, say, 1:15 pm my time. It's around ten pm now. After recovering from being numb, the little f***er hasn't let up a bit. Icing it just made it worse, as I've just discovered. It's a dull throb of constant pain. Touch anywhere on that finger joint and it's bound to be painful. Typing doesn't really make it hurt too much more, but then again I type rather lightly to begin with. It does give a little signal that I can feel the pain when I do use it. The skin also looks chafed and messed up. My dad wondered if it was broken, but I am not sure. Even as much as that hurt, could the chair do that? (I am sure I have strong bones, haven't broken any before. I've had milk almost every day of my childhood and still continue with that now.) I know it's going to bruise. Right now, it just hurts. Like, a lot. waah. Anyone know...trying to make this not spam...er, what possible damage is there to my finger?

I took an Advil, but I'm going to cry or something if it doesn't let up. ><

edit: oh bloody heck, this belongs in daily life, I just forgot and put it here in my pain-racked head. I thought someone would come after me for that.

This post has been edited by gothictheysay: Apr 9 2004, 03:03 AM

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Apr 9 2004, 03:06 AM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Trust me...if it was broken, you would know. At least, I did when I broke my collar bone. That does sound painful, though. Ick. blink.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Apr 9 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #3

<3

Member No.: 806

Ow. blink.gif ph34r.gif Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Apr 9 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #4

word

Member No.: 359

ive never broken anything before either

but i know chairs are friggin dangerous

i had this folding chair thing and somehow my finger got caught in it and the nail fell off... blink.gif

i hope your fingee feels better though

i hope its not broken

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 9 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #5

Thanks you guys...if it doesn't get better, you'll have to put up with me more. tongue.gif

candice, that was my thinking exactly. Then again, when my sister was four years old she dropped off the slide and landed on the wood part of the playground and broke her collarbone. We weren't sure if it was broken... we thought she'd be bawling a lot more. I remember grabbing some Hershey's Kisses and bringing them over to her (I was eight.) Man, if chocolate could heal this finger, I'd need a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Apr 9 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #6

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

QUOTE (candice @ Apr 9 2004, 04:05 AM)
Trust me...if it was broken, you would know.

Actually, with fingers and toes it's suprisingly common for people to break them and never know.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Apr 9 2004, 01:08 PM
Post #7

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 644

Same pain happened to me when my finger got ripped open in a car door. I was in pain for quite a while and had to wait for a very long amount of time for it to seal up. My first and only scar. It'll subside, give it lot's of time and watch some children's television. Trust me there.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Apr 9 2004, 02:44 PM
Post #8

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

I'm sorry you're in pain sad.gif

I bashed my middle finger with a 20 pound barbell once. It got purple and yellow, and as big as a sausage. Now it's crooked, does that mean it was broken?

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post Apr 9 2004, 03:02 PM
Post #9

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

QUOTE (acid_rain_child @ Apr 9 2004, 08:43 AM)
I'm sorry you're in pain sad.gif

I bashed my middle finger with a 20 pound barbell once. It got purple and yellow, and as big as a sausage. Now it's crooked, does that mean it was broken?

Probably. You probably should have gone to the doctor and gotten it set properly, so the bones could heal straight. Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk!

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Apr 9 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #10

Vive y Deja Vivir

Naw, I kinda like it crooked. He's like the little rebel on my hand.
But now I know that I've at least broken something. I've always wanted to break something, but no such luck.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Apr 9 2004, 03:14 PM
Post #11

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

I had a similar thing happen to my right hand over Christmas break.

I had gone up to Ft. Wayne, IN to make a recording of some flute solos with my uncle at the recording studio he works at. Took us about 4 or 5 hours to get through all the pieces, and afterwards we decided to go out to my cousin's housewarming/Christmas party. Well, my mom has a VW Beetle (2 doors), and I had to sort of pull myself out of the backseat. Well, my uncle forgot I was in the backseat, so he slammed the door shut while my hand was still in the doorframe.

The door latched all the way too. I don't typically respond to pain though, so it felt a little warm and I giggled about it because my mom and uncle were royally freaked out. By the time we got inside, my fingers were like big sausage links sticking out of my hand, and they were bright purple. I sat there for most of the party with my hand surrounded by ice...fun times.

Weird luck though that it happened AFTER I made my CD, since you know, fingers are important to flute players.happy.gif

My aunt is a nurse, and the girl that rents out our basement is a physical trainer, and both told me that they weren't broken, but maybe just severely sprained. In either case, my middle finger from the top knuckle on up points to the right now, so....I don't know. Bent cartilidge maybe?? Hindsight tells me I should have gotten them checked at the hospital, but oh well...they're just dandy now. tongue.gif

They looked rather like this after the swelling went down...still couldn't move them too well though:

And you're right when you say that you don't necessarily know if it's broken or not. My ankle and my fingers are questionnable as to whether they have been broken before...I maintain that I've just severely sprained them.

And as a general rule, sprains tend to hurt worse than breaks according to most people.

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 9 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #12

Update: After a nice night's rest, finger throbbing constantly has decreased somewhat. Still hurts when used. Still quite painful. Looks a teeny bit swollen compared to other index finger. *goes for Advil* I think if I wake up tomorrow and it still hurts, well, I dunno. Maybe we'll go to the doc just in case. I don't think it's broken or sprained, but it would be pretty damn funny if it were. I'd ask my english teacher if I could sue the school or something. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daedalus
post Apr 9 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #13

Pretend you didn't notice

Member No.: 556

Never broken a bone, although I have fallen headfirst into a foundation trench, with hardened concrete at the bottom, when I was a toddler... I'm a resilient little puscule tongue.gif

Argh... I currently have a big ugly scab on my foot from where I scolded it on saturday. I was moving kettles (full of just-boiled water), mugs, coffee and stuff around an airfield in the back of a Land Rover, holding the tray in place with my feet to stop it scooting about. The driver (a slightly eccentric Squadron Leader), seeing that his crazy dog wasn't following the Land Rover, decided to brake hard, so boiling water splashed all over my foot. I couldn't walk with shoes for two days afterwards. I've at last managed to find some plasters big enough to cover the wound so I can wear socks. Hmm... I better not make a habit of shaving my feet though laugh.gif

--------------------
I wub snoo

+Quote Post
Tenacious C
post Apr 10 2004, 03:21 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,069

Owie!

I remember breaking one of my toes when I ran into a door. It is so tiny, but it felt like my foot was going to fall off. >_<

I hope you feel better soon, gothic.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 10 2004, 03:44 AM
Post #15

Thanks again people.

I wish I could take a picture. I have a little bruise that's pretty easy to see. Right now it's a dark line that looks like it's on the nail. Dad said it would turn black. (I took off my nail polish this morning.) *swallows another ibuprofen* Still hurts. I'm glad the nail didn't get ripped off. I got a few gruesome stories told to me in detail from my boyfriend. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Apr 10 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #16

Vive y Deja Vivir

Guy in my Latin class smashed his finger while he was parading around someone's house drunk (bad times) and the base of his nail is black and distorted (I don't know if the black goes anywhere BUT the base of the nail). But anyway, I mentioned how really gross it was, he said that he's have to wait about a year for the nail to grow out and the black to go away. I hope that doesn't happen to you! You better wear a lot of nailpolish. If my fingernail turned black I'd be praying that it fell off, just so that it wouldn't be like that for a year.

Pff, my finger nails are already hideous... but I'm not bitter or anything... *grumble* *chews on finger nail in distress*... dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Apr 11 2004, 09:30 PM
Post #17

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Ouch. *hands you painkillers* Feel better! laugh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 11 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #18

Thanks. The pain is slowly calming down. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Apr 12 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #19

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

*puts finger in mouth and sucks on it* owy

*imagines pain*

owy owy owy

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Smee
post Apr 13 2004, 08:25 AM
Post #20

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,008

Aww! My dad trappedm my pinky in the hinge bit of he toilet door on a moving train in spain. Me being 7 @ the time and only reaction i knew to pain at that time was to start screaming and crying uncontrolably!. When i got back to the UK, the nail fell off oh well. Weel there was a good part, cuz everytime when passed the bar after it, they gave me free twix's!!!!! I was ill that night meh. Oh well!

--------------------
Here I sit
Much determined
Ever ill-equipped
To draw this curtain
How this has entertained
Validated
And has served me well
Ever the victim

*Smee-Land!*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 11:30 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!