> Jthm, you can call me nny for short
gothictheysay
post Apr 12 2004, 02:17 AM
Post #1

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 959

***move to media***

Oh, I had to make a thread. First of all, I have JTHM issues 1 and 2. I had the SQUEE book but lost it sad.gif I plan to buy another. And, I have JTHM Director's Cut.

(Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, by Jhonen Vasquez)

It's the kind of comic where you're laughing your butt off and your mind is probably nagging "this is sick and wrong" at you. There's a lot of violence and swearing, but no sexual innuendo. In fact, if you suggest Johnny did something bad in a sexual manner, he would probably injure you for saying that...he does have his morals there. tongue.gif

And don't forget Happy Noodle Boy.

"AARGH! He's pissing on us!! You f***ing lunatic!! Stop! Don't make me shoot your groin!"

"My scheme is complete!! Soon all the children of the world will be dipped in fung-lum sweet and sour sauce!! They will be sweet, and sour!! HA!! Sonic the Hedgehog!"

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyo
post Apr 12 2004, 02:24 AM
Post #2

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,071

yay happy noodle boy!
*gives cheer and returns to homework*

--------------------
I am Demon-Eyes Kyo. I've killed thousands... do you think your death would make any difference to me?
Love...such a frail thing... It's a wonder it lives as long as it does
Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it - C.K
>(|||>

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 12 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #3

tongue.gif I feel so stupid for posting this in the wrong place...I was done reading the Issues forum and wanted to post in Media, but apparently the mouse and the links weren't cooperating...

fixed. - MissyAlti

--------------------

+Quote Post
artist.unknown
post Apr 13 2004, 08:38 PM
Post #4

sesquipedalian

Member No.: 915

Slave labor graphics (the publisher for JTHM, etc.) also puts out Serenity Rose which is great fun to read, too...hard as hell to find a copy though so I own only one chapter and read the rest online. Especially if you like that type of comic, it's much recommended.

"Peeps are made from hate."

--------------------
-Grammar Nazi-quotes of the yesterday
It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of his invention and consequently his life, without recourse to violent disorder, does not seem very substantial. -Tennessee Williams

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 13 2004, 08:58 PM
Post #5

Bah dry.gif They took my JTHM book because my friend was reading it during orchestra, and they deemed it inappropriate. I'm hoping I get it back tomorrow. Yes, I've also been recommended stuff by Roman Dirge - is he any good?

--------------------

+Quote Post
cait
post Apr 27 2004, 01:17 AM
Post #6

Social Introvert, Sporatic Poster

Member No.: 747

Johnny the WHAT? That DOES sound innapropriate. I am glad it was taken away!

*giggles*

I am not a fan of Roman Dirge. He does Lenore. A lot of people say it's cute. I suppose it is cute, but it just LACKS any substance at all. And it isn't all that cute anyway. So I really think it's lame! But many perfectly reasonable people like it, so you never know.

I had a bunch of JTHM, but they were sadly partially destroyed by a friend of mine, so I bought the Director's Cut, and I copy the art out of it often. I'm a tool. Also read I Feel Sick. I need to get more of that.

"Fuck!! I can smell blood in your urine!"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 27 2004, 03:35 AM
Post #7

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Didn't 'I Feel Sick' finish after a few comics? I got the impression that JV really lost where he was going with it. Not that he will ever really need to find a new plot with all the fame/money that he must have got from JTHM, but it's a shame that he really seems to have lost the fire a bit.

Personally I quite like Lenore, but then again I do sometimes like cute stuff.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
cait
post Apr 27 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #8

I only read the first issue of I Feel Sick, and am unaware of how far he got. He did appear to be tired of making such things. To be honest, I think he just got happy. You know what happens when people get happy. They turn to making stuff that is cute. Cute without the thoughtful stuff that comes with being unhappy. Maybe he started sleeping regularly. Who knows.

Did Vasquez help do Lenore? I think he did. I can't remember. I guess basically most things published by SLG are going to be worth while.

Ooh, also, I have been reading Serenity Rose during class, and it's super good! And now I want to know where I can get more! I think it could be more popularer, it needs to be sold EVERYWHERE. *drools*

+Quote Post
Twitching
post Apr 27 2004, 08:16 PM
Post #9

like peppermint aftertaste

Member No.: 714

I finally got exposed to JTHM - I bought Director's Cut last weekend and found it vastly amusing. Read it in one sitting.

Actually I bought it as "lighter reading" since it was a comic and all. laugh.gif

I'm still underground though. If I admit to my friends that I've read it, I'll be mobbed by squealing people. dry.gif

--------------------
Medae is my n00b!

Oink!

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Apr 27 2004, 08:23 PM
Post #10

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

QUOTE (artist.unknown @ Apr 13 2004, 08:37 PM)
Slave labor graphics (the publisher for JTHM, etc.) also puts out Serenity Rose which is great fun to read, too...hard as hell to find a copy though so I own only one chapter and read the rest online. Especially if you like that type of comic, it's much recommended.

"Peeps are made from hate."

Wow...thanks for the link...just read the online issues of serenity rose and it rocks laugh.gif *hugs artist.unknown*

Still trying to track down JTHM...is it available in England (im guessing probably not mad.gif )

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 27 2004, 09:29 PM
Post #11

I only have the first comic of I Feel Sick. Yeah, he did appear to be getting lost, but Johnny's not done yet! mad.gif I own Director's Cut, I Feel Sick, and issues 1 and 2...I plan on owning all of the issues separately and the Squee book (my friend has. I bought it awhile ago and lost it) However, I was copying artwork out if it, too...VP snatched it. Not appropriate and school and such and such. I just got it back. I can't bring it back in. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Galder Weatherwa...
post Apr 28 2004, 09:31 PM
Post #12

Worrying

Member No.: 138

JTHM is very much over, at least the first series. Jhonen mentioned that he was interested in doing a second series, but that was ages ago and I think he's gone off the idea. Last I heard he was working on something completely new called Saturday Morning Nightmare.

I really loved I Feel Sick, 'tis my favourite Jhonen dealy. It's a nice sequel to Johnny without being more of the same, it's self-contained, quite pretty and pant-bloodyingly funny.

I also think Dirge is a bit pants. No substance is so right as to go full circle and be left. Left in the den of truthfulness. Utter truthfulness.

Moop, I live in Ireland and had no problem picking up JTHM (It's as obscure and underground as rabbits. Roadkilled rabbits, I mean). Any comic shop should stock it, though I know they're not entirely commonplace our side of the pond. You can pick up the Director's Cut off Amzon, though.

--------------------
The Rubber Chicken - PVC fetishist? Poultry lover? We can only disappoint!

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Apr 28 2004, 09:50 PM
Post #13

oooh...coolies...now if only I hadnt sent of an amazon order earlier sad.gif ah well

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
cait
post May 2 2004, 02:32 AM
Post #14

I went downtown today and bought the third issue of Serenity Rose. It's so good! Yay!

+Quote Post
lygophilia
post May 12 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #15

Wanted: Meaningful Overnight Relationship

Member No.: 634

Everyone's a huge fan of Happy Noodle Boy. I never was, but it's semi-amuzing. I like the JTHM parts better. I have JTHM Director's Cut and plan to by thee book of Squee. I also want to check out I Feel Sick.

--------------------
Blog Site DeviantArt
Don't give me that kinkier-than-thou attitude!
If you are feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.
Prejudice is wrong; you should hate everyone the same!
We are born naked, wet, and hungry, then things get worse.
Get your mind out of the gutter, you're blocking my periscope!
Some mornings it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!
People say that everyone has a few skeletons in their closet, but I don't. Not yet anyway. The bodies are still decomposing.
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there!

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 13 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #16

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (moop @ Apr 28 2004, 09:49 PM)
oooh...coolies...now if only I hadnt sent of an amazon order earlier sad.gif ah well

If Amazon's standards of service are anything like they usually are for me they're probably still estimating that they'll get your order in 'within one to two weeks'. They keep me like that for four months once, they certainly do like stringing people along. Maybe I'm just unlucky with them, but personally I don't trust Amazon to be able to deliver on the date they say or to be able to stock what they say they have.

Argh! They're after me lucky charms!!!!
/Happy Noodle Boy

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post May 13 2004, 12:59 AM
Post #17

Cait's current avatar would be from issue seven...tongue.gif

Everyone's a huge fan of Happy Noodle Boy. I never was, but it's semi-amuzing. I like the JTHM parts better. I have JTHM Director's Cut and plan to by thee book of Squee. I also want to check out I Feel Sick.

Squee's awesome. Even better, he stuck the meanwhiles and wobbly headed bobs from all the JTHM issues in the squee book. So if you buy the Director's Cut and Squeee you don't have to buy the comic books individually. I Feel Sick is in color and it's okay, but personally I just don't like Devi.

Oh, yes, everyone IS a fan of happy noodle boy. I like him, and so do a lot of my friends that still have bad reactions to the violence in the book. My father wants me to ease up on reading them - he calls them the "death and destruction" books. Squee is worthy buying. The Meanwhiles are pretty funny and almost everyone hates wobbly headed bob but he's okay.

these hands! I can't get them off my wrists!

This post has been edited by gothictheysay: May 13 2004, 01:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PsychWardMike
post May 13 2004, 01:37 AM
Post #18

I'm attracted by the potential for reckless abuse of power.

Member No.: 1,105

Hah! I love Jhonen Vasquez.

He's my bloody hero... seriously. Buy the JTHM director's cut. It's worth it... the philosophy, the jokes, the violence. Brilliant. And Squee's Big Giant Book of Unspeakable Horrors. Genius.

As for I Feel Sick, I'm in love with that comic, but, alas, there are only two issues (notice: JV gets REALLY bored with his ideas, REALLY quickly.) For other books by JV, check out the also short-lived series "Filler Bunny" and the singular Bad Art Collection.

Also, the Invader Zim DVD just came out, so pick that up to.

Now.

--------------------
I'm just a Viewtiful Girl living in a Viewtiful World.
Henshin a-go-go, baby.

I swear to God, the above post was not intended to incite flame wars or to offend you.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post May 13 2004, 03:01 AM
Post #19

I have no money. I can't buy the DVD. I do, however, have my giant Zim shirt, and that's cool for me.

FILLERBUNNY! I love filler bunny! And the guy who was like a filler bunny at the very beginning of director's cut. My friends kept grabbing at the book to read it, and actually everyone seemed to like that little dude. tongue.gif I can't find the second issue of I Feel Sick, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post May 13 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Mata @ May 13 2004, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (moop @ Apr 28 2004, 09:49 PM)
oooh...coolies...now if only I hadnt sent of an amazon order earlier  sad.gif ah well

If Amazon's standards of service are anything like they usually are for me they're probably still estimating that they'll get your order in 'within one to two weeks'. They keep me like that for four months once, they certainly do like stringing people along. Maybe I'm just unlucky with them, but personally I don't trust Amazon to be able to deliver on the date they say or to be able to stock what they say they have.

Argh! They're after me lucky charms!!!!
/Happy Noodle Boy

Hmm...I've never had any problems with amazon really in terms of ordering stuff...I ended up ordering JTHM: The Directors Cut at the same time as all the other stuff and it all ended up coming on time although because of some weirdness with one of the orders it wouldnt let me combine it into one order, but they seem to split the postage cost so im not complaining - I just have a huge heap of empty amazon boxes.

Yep, from The Directors Cut I must agree JTHM is great laugh.gif I got through it annoyingly quickly though

--------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post May 14 2004, 01:45 AM
Post #21

I got through it annoyingly quickly though

I reread it. I read it walking around the mall after I bought it.

Amazon hasn't been a trouble with shipping for me, but maybe it's just for you folks in England...tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post May 15 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #22

word

Member No.: 359

im getting all 4 squee comix
when they get here...

and ive read most of the jthm stuff online

Happy noodle boy rocks!!

"Im trying to assess the happy time!GARG!IAM SAYING! GARG!"

lmao...

"You dare defy my commandments?Stricken with malady!These hands!They wont come off my wrists"

Ive been looking everywhere for shirts but i cant find them anywhere online..and there sure as hell arent any in our little hic town
but i did find a site that sells the comics remotely cheapish..

http://www.indie-scope.com

i think thats it...

I can kinda draw the psyco dough boys and jthm stuff is all over my folder

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
JtHMfan3
post May 19 2004, 03:00 AM
Post #23

More proficient guppy

Member No.: 1,116

I was just wondering if anyone like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac here? I am a huge fan and I wanted to know if anyone else liked it as much as I do.

+Quote Post
Galder Weatherwa...
post May 19 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #24

Worrying

Member No.: 138

Everyone likes JTHM. It has an explosion.

--------------------
The Rubber Chicken - PVC fetishist? Poultry lover? We can only disappoint!

+Quote Post
Raptor Red
post May 20 2004, 01:40 AM
Post #25

Has WAY too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,118

I just went to the mall and bought the directors cut and I have the single issues 1-6 but I can't seem to find single issue 7 anywhere. I also have Squee's wonderful big giant book of unspeakable horrors and I Feel Sick issue 1 (I can't find issue 2 anywhere) and I'm looking for the single Squee issues.

--------------------
My deviantArt
My LiveJournal
My Gaia

With great geekiness comes great responsibility
===
And on the eighth day, god created fangirls...shortly thereafter, he said unto Adam..."my bad"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 10:23 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!