Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bowie Concert Number 2, Hooray!
oobunnie
post Apr 13 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #1

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 64

How to start. Well one, I have no pics as I got my camera takin away on the way in.
But it was fabo! So much better then Calgary. Although it wasnt sold out, the crowd that was there was great. All screams and dancing and the way I think a crowd should be. The setlist was great. I got to hear suffragette city, and ziggy stardust, some of my fav but old Bowie tracks. Under pressure another great song, with Gail Ann Dorsey doing a great cover of Freddie Mercury's bits of the song.
According to a few people at the concert that have sort of been following the show from venue to venue, they said it was one of the best. And indeed it was.
The openers were Polyphonic Spree. Much better in my mind the Macy Gray (sp?). Although the cult-ish-ness is a little creepy. None the less great preformance by them aswell. And I was very tempted to buy one of the robes that were on sale.
One of the better highlights had to be when this person in a pink bunny suit walked by the front row. I started laughing cause I thought it was so cute, but people looked at me funny, so I thought maybe it was all in my mind. But no there really was a person in a bunny suit.
As for bowie moments, hmm I dunno he spent alot of time talking to the crowd. After doing China girl he had the band start over and sang the first bit in faux chinese. Then laughed and said we had to be one of the most giving crowds there was for cheering that. I guess that works.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyler Durden
post Apr 14 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,048

*is insanely jealous of you* dry.gif

I love David Bowie! Love him, love him, love him, love him, love him! Ever since I stole my Mums Bowie CD (his greatest hits), I've been hooked.

God, I'd love to go to one of his concerts.

Glad to hear ya liked it! cool.gif

--------------------
I tell myself I'm not scared,
I tell myself I really want to die,
and it never occurs to me until the last possible moment that what I really want is to be saved.

- Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel (my favourite book)

gothictheysay owns my body and soul.

The Lorax is my noob sister! :-)

+Quote Post
Thus Spoke Zarat...
post Apr 14 2004, 10:25 PM
Post #3

Transitive Axis

Member No.: 995

I hope he did'nt play too much new stuff?

--------------------
'Even the wisest among you is only a confusion and hybrid of plant and phantom'

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 15 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #4

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

What I wouldn't give to hear Ziggy Stardust live...you lucky punk tongue.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Artemisia
post Apr 15 2004, 05:00 AM
Post #5

never enough yaoi in the world...

Member No.: 783

David Bowie was scary in tights in Labyrinth. That was one creepy movie. But he was great in Zoolander! I heard good things about the Winnipeg concert but couldn't go...

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Apr 15 2004, 04:11 PM
Post #6

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

QUOTE (Thus Spoke Zarathustra @ Apr 14 2004, 10:24 PM)
I hope he did'nt play too much new stuff?

There was some new stuff. But I do like the Reality cd stuff, so none to bad. Most of it was older. Bit of a mix really. Not really much from the 90's period. All was good. A couple of songs I had never heard before.
Great remixs of the songs Fame and Hallo Space Boy to. All in all it was a very good setlist.
And I was in the middle of row four on the floor. Really really good seats in my mind. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
acidteardrop
post Apr 15 2004, 06:53 PM
Post #7

Nobody Expects - THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Member No.: 649

nice...my sister was going to go to one in the summer, but can't afford it =/

I see you had fun, I've never been to one, but there should be a 'bats concert in Boston this summer...that'll be my first. =D

--------------------
im now sextastically married to krys (magikeyes)! i love you so so so so soooooo much!///im engaged to liz(edward_lover)!///I LOVE YOU BOTH!!///I am Missy's slave! yay me!///Krys is my loving girlfriend...i love you infathomably with all my heart, mind, body, soul!///killersquirrel is my first noob ever ^_^///Trina(Spiffy) is me ickle sis! ^_^ /me wuvs trina///Shelly(werewolf) is my older sister! be nice! :P///I am engaged to VVes!///Mina(deaq) is me new n00bie! I LOVE YOU, MIAN!///i have three more n00bies; baldricks gherkinator. they are Jen, David, and Sebastian///Jen must be kept away from microwaves at all times. David must be kept near Jen permanently. Sebastian must not be fed peanuts...he prefers walnuts....
YAY FOR POLYGOMY! YAY FOR YOU ACTUALLY BEING BORED ENOUGH TO ENLARGE ALL OF THIS!

/\_/\ (\ _ /} i would cry but my tears have been stolen
(^.^ ) (='.'=) i would scream but my voice has been taken
(U U ) .(")_(") thus i write.
(''')(''')
kitty attributed to Tigerlily PM me if you are reading ths, i have something to tell you
BI PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.webpost.net/ac/acidteardrop/all...ebelongtous.JPG (sorry, that picture's way too big -Commie)

+Quote Post
craziness
post Apr 29 2004, 03:32 AM
Post #8

crazi

Member No.: 20

im probably going to one of his concerts soon! *dies of excitment*

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 06:09 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!