Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Me And My Naive Self, I'm sorry if I soud annoying
Silver Star Ange...
post Apr 19 2004, 10:56 PM
Post #1

The Six Train.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 636

My boyfriend dumped me. I know, it's a common problem, but it hurts because I tried as hard as I could to save the relationship, and personally, I feel like he didn't try at all. Here's the email he sent:
hey,i've been thinking and observing our relationship and im just not feeling the love anymore.It's like our love died,we dont spend time together no more.Your always shy acting bitchy.I dont think were BOTH ready for this.I dont mean to say this is any mean way but maybe we should just leave each other for now.I'm so so sorry but i still do love you but i think thats soon gonna fade away too.Again im sorry.Can we just be friends?

Just a week or two ago he was telling me that everything was perfect and I was perfect, etc. I guess this is a hard dose of reality. Every now and then, it comes and bites you in the butt. I should have been prepared, right? And I know in my heart no one else wants me. Time to practice being an old maid. sad.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Apr 19 2004, 11:17 PM
Post #2

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 644

It's alright, the pain will subside eventually. Just know you have people here for support, and that you don't need a relationship. Some good "me time" sounds like a good idea.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Apr 20 2004, 12:14 AM
Post #3

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

As you say, it's a common problem. More than that - it's a force of nature. Most people have failed relationships under their belts - myself, and everyone I know (so far as I am aware) included.

That, of course, does not make it easier for you right now.

You will get over it, and it will get easier. You'll change for the better, learn more about yourself, and eventually find someone else, but only when you're good and ready.

I second the 'me time' idea - try to enjoy being single for a while. Do your own things, go where you want with who you want, eye up people you fancy - but don't go diving into a relationship just yet. Also, pleeeease don't give in to any revenge fantasies - brief satisfaction is all they bring, followed by a feeling of having acted rather stupidly, and possibly having alienated a person you once loved, and who loved you. Bitter experience, moi? Never... dry.gif

Good luck to you on this sad, but sadly inevitable, time. It will get better. And put aside thoughts of Old Maid-dom - you've snared someone once, you'll damn well do it again, I tells ya!

For now, here's a hug - *hug*

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Apr 20 2004, 12:40 AM
Post #4

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

I hate to tell you kid but at your age young love is fleeting.

Love is fleeting in general but it fades moreso and faster at your age.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 20 2004, 12:48 AM
Post #5

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Yeah, this definitely sucks, but you're not sunk yet. You loved and lost once, but who's to say that you won't be in love again? You're still young, hon. Really. I feel for you. It hurts, and you feel like there must be something wrong with you. But listen to me - there's nothing wrong with you. That guy doesn't even know what he's missing. Walk tall, beautiful, you don't need him anyway. Someone better's bound to come along and see what he saw in you. Chances are, it'll be when you least expect it. Surprises are fun.

Oh. And try to smile. You never know who's watching. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 20 2004, 01:03 AM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

MissyA's right, you never know, sometimes there are people around who've been waiting for you to be single, it's really easy to miss the signals. I found a load of old letters from people ten years ago when I felt terminally single, and re-reading them I realised that some of them were being about as blatant as they could be and I was completely blind to it. It's a funny old world...

Sometimes it's just great to be alone for a while. Go with InKy's suggestion of goin out and having fun. Often relationships mean that you lose touch with groups of friends, so now's the perfect time to remind yourself why you like these people so much.

Feel the pain, accept it, then when you're ready pick yourself up and get on with your life. These things do happen to us sometimes, they hurt like hell, but in the end that makes us stronger.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
jicama
post Apr 20 2004, 06:49 AM
Post #7

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Group: New Members
Member No.: 46

call be crazy. heck, call me a cold hearted female dog, but why are you so upset?
come on, "Your always shy acting bitchy"?! didn't he read the bloody thing over before he sent it? he must have pretty low regard for you and your relationship if he not only breaks up with you over e-mail (i'm assuming he's a rl boyfriend here), but doesn't even bother to grammar check it first. honestly, if you aren't thinking "i could do better", then you better get yourself some self-esteem and fast!

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Apr 20 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #8

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Spiff's right, sis. Love can be especially fleeting at your age. It's more infatuation than anything. Real love is a decision and takes work (especially when your girlfriend lives a thousand miles away) and isn't really suitable for peole your age. Just go have fun. Don't get any major hangups over guys. They're just guys after all. Just invest yourself in chilling with your friends and if someone comes your way, great. If not, you'll live.

And isn't it funny how after they tear your heart out, they still want to be friends?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 20 2004, 09:14 PM
Post #9

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

And isn't it funny how after they tear your heart out, they still want to be friends?

It is tongue.gif If you ever want to complain or just rant Silver dear, PM or use either my AIM or MSN messengers. I can sympathize as well as do my best to help. I'm a pessimist, so I can't say there's more fish in the sea (personally I think the sea is poisoned) but you've got many years ahead and many more people to meet happy.gif I'm moving on from much the same thing too, and I know how terribly hard it can be, just keep your head up. Everyone always says time works, and that was told to me yesterday when I was upset, and I didn't care about time, I was upset THEN. But you probably have more patience than me. *hugs*

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Apr 21 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #10

<3

Member No.: 806

I know how you feel *hugs* It hurts like hell for a while, but eventually you begin to feel better. Things will look up, and I agree with what others said: you should take some 'me time.' If you ever want to talk/rant, you can IM me on AIM -- my sn is 'a minor harmony.'

*hug*

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 07:16 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!