IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bush, Kerry, Or Nader, The final 3, time to vote!
President; who should it be?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 60
Guests cannot vote 
Pythagorus
post Apr 19 2004, 11:39 PM
Post #1

The other hated Nazi conservative

Group: Banned
Member No.: 899

Yes, this is the last one.

--------------------
Bush! Bush! Bush!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 19 2004, 11:50 PM
Post #2

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Don't you suppose we could all wait until a bit closer to election time? It's half a year away still...

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Apr 20 2004, 12:31 AM
Post #3

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 197

oh god! save me from the politics!! *bangs head against the wall*

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Apr 20 2004, 12:36 AM
Post #4

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 644

This is the third poll you have made and have yet to create an "other" option. Tsk Tsk.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 20 2004, 12:36 AM
Post #5

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (Sir Maxerpopple @ Apr 19 2004, 07:35 PM)
This is the third poll you have made and have yet to create an "other" option. Tsk Tsk.

Consider that fixed.

+Quote Post
Kyo
post Apr 20 2004, 12:45 AM
Post #6

Worrying

Member No.: 1,071

GAAHH!!! I HATE BUSH!!!
* uses a stack of pics for sword practice*

--------------------
I am Demon-Eyes Kyo. I've killed thousands... do you think your death would make any difference to me?
Love...such a frail thing... It's a wonder it lives as long as it does
Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it - C.K
>(|||>

+Quote Post
Coconut Monkey
post Apr 20 2004, 06:11 AM
Post #7

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,010

4 people voted bush?

my gawd..

what part of lying incompentent weasel don't yall understand?

*puts on the asbestos suit*

i mean, at least tell me that you.. like.. maybe are voting for the party, or something, cause then that make sense.

i mean, you're voting repub out of principle, not because you think the country would be better off after giving another four years to Bush. Is that why?

cause what has he done with the first four? ahhhhhh

--------------------
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist." - Archbishop Helder Camara

+Quote Post
sjbbandgeek
post Apr 20 2004, 02:28 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 618

QUOTE (Coconut Monkey @ Apr 19 2004, 11:10 PM)
4 people voted bush?

my gawd..

what part of lying incompentent weasel don't yall understand?

*puts on the asbestos suit*

i mean, at least tell me that you.. like.. maybe are voting for the party, or something, cause then that make sense.

i mean, you're voting repub out of principle, not because you think the country would be better off after giving another four years to Bush. Is that why?

cause what has he done with the first four? ahhhhhh

Incompetent weasel maybe, but his staff does everything for him anyway, and I like this staff. And besides, I'd never vote for a sissy rainbow monkey.

+Quote Post
Thus Spoke Zarat...
post Apr 20 2004, 05:41 PM
Post #9

Transitive Axis

Member No.: 995

QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Apr 20 2004, 02:27 PM)
I'd never vote for a sissy rainbow monkey.

A what?

--------------------
'Even the wisest among you is only a confusion and hybrid of plant and phantom'

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Apr 20 2004, 05:47 PM
Post #10

I still think Richard Branston should rule the world

--------------------

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Apr 20 2004, 06:54 PM
Post #11

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

Give me Nader or give me glory! Now there's a hoopy frood who knows where his towel is - in the White House!

But, on a more serious note, Nader is by far the best choice for America. He's honest. It doesn't matter how much of a pig's ear he makes of the Presidency, as long as he's honest and everyone abroad likes him.

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Apr 20 2004, 07:28 PM
Post #12

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Member No.: 1,030

QUOTE (sjbbandgeek @ Apr 20 2004, 10:27 AM)
And besides, I'd never vote for a sissy rainbow monkey.

Um... what exactly do you mean by that?

Anyway-- anyone but Bush. Really. I'm not really all that fond of Kerry either, but I suppose we might as well give him a chance and see how it goes rather than consensually throwing ourselves back down into the fiery pit of hell that has been the last four years.

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
The.Wheezing.Gho...
post Apr 20 2004, 07:35 PM
Post #13

Sex can wait...MASTURBATE

Member No.: 443

I just want Bush out of office, he's really angering me with the whole "Marriage is strictly between a man and a woman." thing, not to mention what he's done to this country. I'd like Nader in office really, but anyone but Bush will be fine by me.

--------------------
Wyatt: Gary, by the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: Ceremonial.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Apr 20 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #14

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

Look, just come back to the UK. We'd let you have your own Assembly and everything, really. Plus, just the name "Kingdom" is cool. You could have knights and stuff.

In all seriousness, I guess I'd go for Nader, since he seems to be the only actual liberal running.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Apr 20 2004, 07:48 PM
Post #15

Miss Violence Spiderguts

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Apr 20 2004, 03:35 PM)
Look, just come back to the UK. We'd let you have your own Assembly and everything, really. Plus, just the name "Kingdom" is cool. You could have knights and stuff.

Oh, twist my arm. *Sighs*

/spam

--------------------
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 20 2004, 09:55 PM
Post #16

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Who *should* be President? Oh, I didn't look at Nader so much...I'm a Kerry fan, even though I lean heavily liberal. I am bad. I just realized I should have looked more at Nader, so I would know his platform and if I should vote...he's Independent isn't he, and I fit into a democrat-independent category...well, I guess it's a good thing I can't vote. I voted Kerry. ::shame::

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Joecool2025
post Apr 20 2004, 09:58 PM
Post #17

Super advanced member

Member No.: 1,036

Well what i think is that other countries are afraid of Bush since he pretty much doesn't care about the UN anymore, and are too afraid to attack us for fear of being destroyed, so I'd like to see Bush in for another term

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Apr 20 2004, 10:11 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Joecool2025 @ Apr 20 2004, 09:57 PM)
Well what i think is that other countries are afraid of Bush since he pretty much doesn't care about the UN anymore, and are too afraid to attack us for fear of being destroyed, so I'd like to see Bush in for another term

Yes, thats exactly what is required of a good president....idiot

the only people you can destroy are people who wouldn't attack you, and don't think you're military is invincible, it's not...

i just don't get it, bush seems to have actually done very little good for your country (if any)....and you still want him to be president again?! he's really screwed your economy right over....not that i'm complaining, thanks to him i get nearly $2 to 1 which makes shopping in your country VERY cheap for me biggrin.gif

edit: it just occured to me you might be being sarcastic.....please say you were

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Apr 20 2004, 10:17 PM
Post #19

Question for the Naderites. What issues does he stand for that you support? I would be interested to see if he would do a wide platform of what his issues actually are, and how closely he shall stay to his green ties.

I get so pissed off in my household when the word ass always follows Nader. When I explain how it is all part of the democratic system, that voting blocks are incredibly dangerous, I get told that he's going to screw over Kerry. Like Kerry is some sort of soul savior. I'm very happy that there are quite a few who are willing to go outside the two-party system on this forum. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Apr 20 2004, 10:22 PM
Post #20

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

The problem with the two-party system in the US, Max, is that the parties are, all cynicism aside, quite similar. The same thing is happening here. Third parties are increasingly becoming the only political alternative.

I don't know much about Nader's position on the various issues, my vote went to him on the general principles of his political philosophy. Were I actually a voter in America, I'd do a lot more research before coming to a decision.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Apr 20 2004, 10:25 PM
Post #21

So the old jokes go Commie, the difference between democrat and a republican? A republican blows, a democrat sucks.

I agree completely, the demagoguery of the parties is at an all time high, aparently Americans never heard of number 10 in the federalist papers, that did NOT want factions, or parties, as it is a democracy ruiner.

I personally would not choose Nader, as he is a former green and likely to keep many green issues. Libertarians for me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pythagorus
post Apr 20 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #22

The other hated Nazi conservative

Group: Banned
Member No.: 899

Do we really want that idiot named John Kerry (shudders at the name) to be our 44th president? First of all, there will be a big tax increase. Tax increase= Less money for people= Less spending= Worse economy. If you think the economy is bad now, it will be even worse when/if Kerry takes office. Plus, the gas price increase. We think gas prices are very high now at $1.79, but if Kerry is elected they would jump to aproximately $2.29. That is just outragous if you ask me. Kerry would also lower national security levels, so terrorists would probably be more likely to attack. And, gay marriages and abortion. I am opposed to both, who in there right mind supports abortion and gay marriages. THINK. Abortion is killing, which was wrong the last time I checked, and marriage is strictly defined to being of a man and a woman. Voting Democratic= Voting for high taxes= Voting for bad economy= Voting for abortion= Voting for gay marriages= Voting wrong. Vote Bush!!!

--------------------
Bush! Bush! Bush!

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post Apr 20 2004, 10:58 PM
Post #23

Miss Violence Spiderguts

QUOTE (Pythagorus @ Apr 20 2004, 06:50 PM)
Who in there right mind supports abortion and gay marriages. THINK. Abortion is killing, which was wrong the last time I checked, and marriage is strictly defined to being of a man and a woman. Voting Democratic= Voting for high taxes= Voting for bad economy= Voting for abortion= Voting for gay marriages= Voting wrong. Vote Bush!!!

*Hiss* I have to leave. I'll be back later when I've crafted a somewhat coherent response.

--------------------
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
Guaraldi
post Apr 20 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #24

It's him

Member No.: 891

As a much as I agree with you, Pythagorus, the gas problem can easily be solved by not driving those huge SUVs and gas guzzlers. Try a Prius maybe? It is an inconvience, but they pay about three times as much in Europe. I support Bush because, we see eye to eye on morals, and issues...for the most part. The amount of times Kerry has changed sides on an issue:35(I have a list somewhere, some of the issues are similar but they all are unique)! Hmmm, I want a more predictable president myself. Kerry is a war hero, congrats, but he proved to us that purple hearts are disposable. Before you get all over Bush about his service, they have the papers, they proved he was there. Bush's plans are helping stop terrorism, a major plus! On the gay marriage thing, this isn't about civil rights. Where do you see signs saying, "Gays only" or "Straights only?" This is about what is for certain people. A marriage is for a woman and a man, and a civil union can be for two people of the same gender. They can have the same benefits, etc. It is all fine with me.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I heard that Nader wants to raise the minimum wage to $10, and well, that will cause more companies to go over seas, more people in the US will have to go on welfare, and with more people on welfare, taxes will have to be raised or other services will have to be comprimised to fit the need.

I could go on and on, but I need to go do some work on the lawn...

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 20 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #25

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (Pythagorus @ Apr 20 2004, 05:50 PM)
Do we really want that idiot named John Kerry (shudders at the name) to be our 44th president? First of all, there will be a big tax increase. Tax increase= Less money for people= Less spending= Worse economy. If you think the economy is bad now, it will be even worse when/if Kerry takes office.

You do understand that the taxes Kerry wants to reinstate are capital gains and dividend taxes, and not the general tax cuts that went to the middle class, right?

Capital gains and dividend taxes don't affect most of the population. We're talking about the upper 20% of the wealthiest Americans that own 90% of the stuff that's being taxed. Bush cut those taxes in half during his term.

The 900 million in taxes that Kerry wants to put back in the budget is just money that corperate stockholders, who are not the ones who were affected by the economic downturn in the first place, were lucky enough to receive from their buddy Prez Bush.

All I'm saying here is, don't misrepresent Kerry as wanting to further tax the middle class back into economic recession, because that's not even a logical argument.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:11 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!