Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stress., never been under more in my life
gothictheysay
post Apr 20 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #1

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 959

Just a quick rant to complain to everyone...I am under so much stress. Everything is flying at me at once...I might have to go to the hospital. Meanwhile, I'm on Clonopin (well, it's my sisters pill, my dad gave it to me) and I'm trying to get through everything. I don't think I've ever been more stressed out in my life. I stayed home from school today, but all I did was cry and sleep. School is part of the problem - so much crap I have to do there. To combine with that, I have emotional problems, my depression is coming on stronger lately, and so are struggles with missing my mother who died a while ago. The Internet and here on the forums is one of my escapes - perhaps the only one. I have to go back to school tomorrow and I don't know if I'll make it without breaking down. I want to give a giant hug to all of you guys for being there for me in all my problems...when I feel better, I'm sure I'll be thanking you more, but right now I can't dwell on my stressedoutness anymore. Time to escape from the real world for just a bit.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyo
post Apr 20 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #2

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,071

though i cant help with the emotional stuff, i can help you with school. just ont do some stuff; choose certain assignments that just aggravate you, and dont do them. I cant say your grades wont suffer a little, but your mind'll be a bit better

--------------------
I am Demon-Eyes Kyo. I've killed thousands... do you think your death would make any difference to me?
Love...such a frail thing... It's a wonder it lives as long as it does
Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it - C.K
>(|||>

+Quote Post
Sir Maxerpopple
post Apr 20 2004, 02:03 AM
Post #3

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Member No.: 644

Feel for you. There really isn't anything I can do except say that I hope you'll find a way though, and I'm sure you will.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Apr 20 2004, 02:06 AM
Post #4

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

Eeek. *hugs*

My advice for school: Prioritize, do only what you absolutely have to do. And then concentrate on getting yourself at least level. Talk to someone who can maybe help you. Quite frankly, long term, your mental health and mental state are much more important than school ever will be. You can make up courses...You, as a healthy, and hopefully happy person are much more important than school ever will be.

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 20 2004, 12:24 PM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

There's some good advice above. There are also other things worth trying:

Try finding a new hobby, even if it's just going for a walk to get to know your neighbourhood for half an hour after dinner. A new thing to do or think about can often give a release from the old looped thoughts that play in your head.

I highly recommend teaching yourself to juggle. It really clears the mind and when after a few weeks your reaction time is suddenly twice as good it's a great feeling. There's a great book by a chap called Dave Finnigan called The Complete Juggler if you want to learn the basics and some tricks, but for a beginner's guide try here:

http://yoyoguy.com/info/ball/index2.html

Get a regular pattern for your day. Nothing effects the mood more than irregular sleep and meals. Try not to alter your hours too much at the weekend.

I don't know if you do, but if you drink alcohol or smoke any drugs then cutting back on these can actually help you cope. It's sometimes easier said than done, but it's worth it in the long run.

There's nothing wrong with missing people. It would be weird if we didn't miss people. It takes a lot of adjusting. Never feel like it's taking too long because these things take as long as they take, but also remember that if you can go a day without missing your mother it doesn't mean that you love her any the less, just that you're learning to cope, something that I'm sure would make her proud.

Lastly, and I think you already know this, if things are getting you down then feel free to let rip on here. We're a big group and we've got enough people that have been through a lot that we can listen and come as close to understanding as one person can be of another's troubles.

Take care. *hugs*

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Apr 20 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

*hugs*
dont really know what to suggest besides what everyone else said..
I get pretty stressed myself, my mum died last december so I know how you feel sad.gif
Currently I'm being ridiculously optimistic which is working kind of ok, but then I've only been back at school a day! I also quit my saturday job which means more sleep smile.gif for now dad=cash machine.
So erm.. my advice= be as lazy as possible without actually leaving everything till the last minute (like I've done..whoops)

*edit* I can sort-of-juggle! yay me! But I'm too impatient (and rubbish) to learn any cool juggly tricks sad.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 20 2004, 09:05 PM
Post #7

Hey, thanks for all the help you guys. smile.gif I'm getting better already. All the school stuff I have to do isn't due till next Monday - I have a huge speech to prepare for that'll probably be worth 75% of my fourth quarter grade. Needless to say this gets me a bit anxious. unsure.gif I guess crying does help - I spent my entire lunch period bawling me eyes out, but the friend support team was there. And what would I do without you guys to post to last night, and now, and now I can't imagine a day without posting here. So, I wish I could give you guys real hugs, but here's an internet one instead, for all of you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ hug }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

If it's not big enough tell me. happy.gif

As for my addictness - "Matazone Forums - Better than Alcohol, Cheaper Too."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 20 2004, 11:24 PM
Post #8

It's things like this that make me pleased I started this place. Sometime I intend on getting to the US to collect that hug.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Thus Spoke Zarat...
post Apr 21 2004, 12:17 PM
Post #9

Transitive Axis

Member No.: 995

QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 20 2004, 12:23 PM)
I highly recommend teaching yourself to juggle. It really clears the mind and when after a few weeks your reaction time is suddenly twice as good it's a great feeling. There's a great book by a chap called Dave Finnigan called The Complete Juggler if you want to learn the basics and some tricks, but for a beginner's guide try here:

http://yoyoguy.com/info/ball/index2.html

That's a very interesting idea - do you think it becomes a sort of meditation?

--------------------
'Even the wisest among you is only a confusion and hybrid of plant and phantom'

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 21 2004, 09:03 PM
Post #10

That's a very interesting idea - do you think it becomes a sort of meditation?

Probably! I ought to bookmark that website. We're big on meditation at my house - but I'm the sort of person who couldn't sit still when told I had to. So this juggling...hmm! Yes!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Apr 21 2004, 09:30 PM
Post #11

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Omg... I might not be a big help, but I'm gonna try as hard as I can to help you. Maybe if there's some things you can quit, you should quit them, like extra curricular activities. And take a nice meditation session every once in a while. Just breathe, and forget all the bad, icky things and focus on the good ones. Just like you said to me, i'm here! *hugs and hands you a cake*

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 21 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #12

Juggling is actually very much like meditation, it clears the mind and gets you to focus on the moment. That's pretty much why I recommend it to everyone! It's also the reason that you often see a set of juggling balls in the offices of creative people, by clearing their mind it helps them come up with novel solutions to problems. Ten minutes juggling is also pretty good exercise, so it refreshes the body and the brain.

There's even a book called The Zen of Juggling, which is a really fun philosophical story about learning the lessons of meditation and self-control through juggling. 'Tis a great hobby and well worth working on.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 01:21 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!