Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Stuck, and confused
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Apr 20 2004, 05:52 PM
Post #1

dream to make believe

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 863

I've got to finish my clinical placement log book tonight so I can post it tomorrow morning and the bit I've been putting off has finally come to need to be done. (does that make any sense?)

Anyway it says "List below the laws and regulations relating to Health, Safty and Security"

I've looked on the HSE website and I can't find anywhere that lists them and I was wondering if any of you could be of any help, I know there are lots of people who know stuff about stuff around here and any help will be rewarded with hugs!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 20 2004, 11:15 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I have no idea what that is, but hugs are always good anyway...?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
markslut
post Apr 20 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #3

Probably sees visions

Member No.: 909

I know its no help now but the law is often displayed on posters in workplaces

--------------------
The combined Nurse and Geisha of ISH!
IPB Image
Your Corset is Your Armour - Lace it Tightly - Breathing is Unimportant

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Apr 21 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #4

dream to make believe

awww nevermind...maybe I'll just have to ask the person blink.gif

thanks anyways...you can have hugs just for replying *hugs for Mata and Mark*

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Apr 21 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #5

dream to make believe

meh. I'm just gonna rant for a bit so I figure that I may as well do it in here rather than starting a new topic.

Basically it all started a year ago when I got offered a change of course by De Montford uni when they rejected me for my first choice course (Speech Therapy) and offered me Audiology.
They sent me a booklet thingy with the specification and offered me an interview. I thought it sounded kinda cool so I sent back the slip saying I'd like an interview, one of the things that appealed about the course was, because it's NHS funded, the opportunity of a bursery (basicaly a student loan that doesn't have to be paid back) of "about 2200 for every student". I knew I was going to need a loan so why not get one that I didn't have to pay back? Another aspect of the course that appealed was that it involved one day a week being spent on a clinical placement and we were told that we would get our travel expence paid back by the NHS as well...what could be better?
Here is the annoying bit. I don't get a bursery. My parents earn too much! Which is annoying because my parents aren't the ones doing the course! Also, I get the lowest amount of loan (I get 1496 a year) because my course is NHS funded (they pay my fees and that's it for me) and because of the amount my parents earn. Which is all fine and dandy but I don't plan on having to borrow money off my parents, the form thing says something along the lines of "Parental Contribution - 3500" I don't want to scav money off my parents!!! Especially not three and a half thousand quid! It's insane.
Anyway, towards the end of Feb I sent off for my travel expences up until that point (worth about 100, ok not THAT much but it's enough to pay for my download ticket!) and on Saturday morning I get a letter saying that they won't pay them!!!

ARSE!!

I'm just really not happy about it, I could really do with that money. Not necesserily the bursery but the travel expences would be something, after all we were promised them before we started the course.

Anyway, not sure if that made any sense but it feels good to get it off my chest...and my hands are now covered in blood blink.gif

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 16 2004, 04:51 AM
Post #6

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I know in Canada it's possible to pick up some extra cash as a teachers aide while in university. Occaionally there are also part time jobs right on campus. Might help with food anyway. unsure.gif
Hope things work out.
*hands snoo a warm blanket and cup of tea*

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 07:36 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!