IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Almost Died Last Night, and part of me wishes I had.
Righteous
post Apr 25 2004, 09:59 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I was visiting my frind Carol in Jacksonville last night. I decided to take the less-crowded rout home instead of I-95. Well, I sincerely wish I had taken the interstate that night. I was tired (I had not yet gotten my third wind) and drifted over a turning lane (avoiding the median) and went careening head-on toward a pickup. I spun the wheel to the left and sideswiped the guy (had I not, I would have died).

I really wish my life would have ended. It's not so bad except for the fact that it's my third one. I now have to move back in with my parents, drop out of college, work full time, lose my liscense and just generally give up my whole life to pay back everything and get myself on my feet (which will now take about three times as long). To add insult to injury, I've been (understandably) losing my temper over this a lot in the past 24 hours and my family has threatened to call the cops on me. The great cherry on top is that now, I can't see my favorite band Mushroomhead at Freebird's.

If only I wouldn't have turned...

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Apr 25 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #2

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I certainly wish you didn't die. It may seem hard, but if you can get through it...I can't tell you anything though. You can't let anybody tell you how to feel. If there's a way you can get through...*hugs* It must be extremely hard to shift-shape like this, but know you have a bunch of people here that care about you.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Apr 25 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #3

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I...i don't know what to say... I'm just glad you're alive. Thank God you're alive!!!! And please don't worry about your life. I swear, things will get better! I'm sure as time goes on, things will heal. You can't give up. Please, I beg you, don't give up! If you die, then I'm gonna go with you. You may not be my real life brother, but I love you just as if you were.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Apr 25 2004, 10:14 PM
Post #4

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Never wish you had died. James, God spared you for a reason. Maybe you don't know what it is yet, but don't lose faith in Him that he will show you that reason in His good time.

In the meantime, we're all glad that you're alive. That should count for something.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Apr 25 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

Oh yeah, as for injuries, my neck hurts from whiplash and I was a little concussed. My knuckes also hurt from my punching things continuously.

As I sat in my car after the impact, I recalled posting on the "Useless Information" thread about how glass in cars is made to shatter into tiny pieces on impact. This was helpful as the driver's side door was knocked in in such a way that if the glass hadn't done that, I may have been cut up nicely.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Apr 25 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #6

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Look, I'm a firm believer in Karma. It's a new thing for me and something that I kinda fight against because it doesn't seem right.

But this is Karma. You're alive for a reason, as everyone is. Don't look at it as a bad thing. Go with it.

BTW - really don't want you to die.

Miss Alti - you seem to be on my wavelength

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Apr 25 2004, 10:54 PM
Post #7

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

You have no idea how worried I was when you called me in a panic just to say pray for me only to hang up. I was so scared, and I don't think I've prayed that hard in my life ever before. I love you so much and if you had died I don't know what I would've done. I can't picture my life without you.

As for college, don't worry about that - like I said there are things you can do to help you remain in college, (like the one I'm working on right now). If you get the side job at UPS you were talking about, they pay a lot. I mean a lot - I've had family members who've worked off their major debt working for UPS. You're not going to have to give up college. Even if you do (or already have) lost your liscence, it's not something you can't get back. Besides, walking and public transportation are good for you anyways. As for moving back in with your parents, that's not horrible. I know Gabrielle and rick are two of the best people on this earth, and ontop of that you don't have to pay for food. And the cops being called on you, I've had that happen to me because my ex got pissed off and accused me of stealing his bike. (Which btw, didn't happen) -- The cops didn't show up though because he called back to tell them that I really didn't take the bike. Anyways, my point is, it's not as bad as you think, and in all reality it probably won't happen.

Never forget that you're a wonderful person and so many ppl, here and in the real world, love you. If something happened to you none of us would be the same.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Apr 26 2004, 11:46 AM
Post #8

<3

Member No.: 806

Wow. Yeah Trina told me about it. That's so scary.

Never wish you had died. James, God spared you for a reason. Maybe you don't know what it is yet, but don't lose faith in Him that he will show you that reason in His good time.

Ditto.

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Apr 27 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #9

Shut up, noob!

I've been thinking about this deeply for the past 72 hours and have determined that this, indeed, happened for a reason. At the very least, I've been God-smacked for messing around and not turning to God when I should have. I'll continue to search for meaning in this insanity, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Apr 27 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #10

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

I'll be thinking about you Ri and I really hope you get everything worked out, you deserve to be happy smile.gif

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Apr 27 2004, 12:58 PM
Post #11

Shut up, noob!

You know, it's odd, the feeling you get after you've almost died. You feel as if you have a purpose, like someone wants you to be alive. There has to be a God. I've almost died way too many times for it to be coincidence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Apr 27 2004, 01:02 PM
Post #12

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

I've never felt a sense of purpose after extreme danger. Not unless you count a mission to find a relaxing beer.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Apr 27 2004, 01:16 PM
Post #13

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Apr 27 2004, 07:01 AM)
I've never felt a sense of purpose after extreme danger. Not unless you count a mission to find a relaxing beer.

yeah... i second that... and a nice carton of smokes is always nice.

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Apr 27 2004, 01:44 PM
Post #14

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

cigarettes alone can kill you dry.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Apr 29 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #15

Shut up, noob!

I think I may have, in fact, been injured. My back's been hurting for awhile (more than usual; the pain will never go away completely) and I think it was caused by the accident. I've been told to take it easy by my dad (who also has a perpetually-hurting back) but even if I do that, my back still hurts. As weird as it sounds, I'm scared about my back in my later years. I hope I don't end up like my dad. My joints are bad already, but my dad takes an hour and a half getting out of bed in the morning. I'm scared. I really am.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DoRmAnt
post Apr 29 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #16

envision

Group: New Members
Member No.: 983

i've been in a few 'near death' situations myself. if your freaked out/depressed feelings don't subside, you may want to talk to someone professionally because there's a chance you may suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.

ps feel better soon

--------------------
you know you want to own me...oh wait! you can't! HA! my master is The Tortured Soul
>>>>FOREVER IN MY HEART CLAY>>>>r.i.p. january 28, 1984 - april 8, 2004
@}----

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 09:45 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!