IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'tis The Season To Be Gloomy, Chin-up, peeps ... Cookie, within ...
Pab
post May 12 2004, 01:00 PM
Post #1

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

Hi peeps, one and all ....

This is my reaction to a comment Mata made about a blindingly obvious phenomenon that is apparent in the daily life thread.

Right now I'm sure there's no need to remind everybody that now is exams times for the huge majority of forumites. This is obviously going to make people turn into:

- stress monsters from hell
- aimless zombies worried about life, the universe and everything
- snotty nosed exam-time-cold-catching flu victims (*hands out warm fluffy blankets and hot drinks*)
- absent studying forumites

The gloomy overtone to the daily life forum can probably be attributed to this, but provides its own little downer to everybody and I'd hate for it to add to an already stressful time of year.

With that in mind, I'd like to smile at everyone ( smile.gif ) and wish you all good luck with your exams, your destinies and your crappy wal-mart McJobs over the summer... For those that don't get the results they wanted, let me say that I ditched early on in formal education, and although I sincerely regret that stupid decision, I still have a hell of a lot of fun, and a pretty nice life. If I wasnt so flaming lazy, I'd be making a fortune ...

As a further positive gesture I have also decided to:
a. not remind everybody that with any luck I'll never have to take another exam in my entire life
b. not even begin to imply that you may as well take your stress levels out on the troll, cos that won't help anybody.

WHAT ABOUT THE COOKIE?!?!?

I am soon about to finish my first whole year on these here forums, and I have noticed that, like most things in life, the dynamics of the forum and forumites are tightly linked to goings on in RL, such as summer vacations, christmas time, start of winter and so on ...

I bet everybody a cookie that next year will be exactly the same.

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaq
post May 12 2004, 01:20 PM
Post #2

Took this grammar!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 165

I'll take that cookie and raise it a pie.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 12 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I won't take that bet. laugh.gif

Thanks for the luck on the exams!

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Pab
post May 12 2004, 02:44 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Jaq @ May 12 2004, 03:19 PM)

I'll see your pie and raise you a cake

--------------------

+Quote Post
phoenix
post May 12 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #5

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Group: New Members
Member No.: 252

QUOTE (Pab @ May 12 2004, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (Jaq @ May 12 2004, 03:19 PM)

I'll see your pie and raise you a cake

i'll throw in the whole bakery tongue.gif

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post May 12 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #6

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I think Pab's idea is really great. Everyone's so sad (though I do fall under that snotty nosed category. I somehow caught a cold in 80 degree weather)!!! To all of you taking exams, good luck! And to all the sad people, feel better! *hugs and hands you all cakes*

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post May 12 2004, 05:18 PM
Post #7

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Good thinking Pab!
an Good Luck to the ones that need it!
biggrin.gif for the people who need that!
And on the result thing there is alway's a way to get to where you want to be! I had average results at GCSE level no A levels and Still managed to do a Degree even though everyone kept saying you need Alevels to do a Degree. So if your determined enough You'll get ther one way or another!

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post May 12 2004, 06:27 PM
Post #8

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

Good luck everyone biggrin.gif Drink tea and be happy.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Tigersong
post May 12 2004, 06:58 PM
Post #9

Rabid Saskatchewanian

Member No.: 752

snotty nosed exam-time-cold-catching flu victims (*hands out warm fluffy blankets and hot drinks*)

You have no idea how depressing it is to be reading your immunology textbook and it states that "medical students taking exams often have depressed immune systems due to intense levels of stress and often become ill at these times of the year."

Anyhoo, only 4 exams and 6.5 days left! And I may have passed my Physiology exam! Which would be great, y'know, so I don't get kicked out of the college!

Erm, yes. Exams make people crazy. Thanks for all the good luck wishes and stuff.

--------------------
At the Left Hand of God

OMFG STEAM R0X0RZ TEH BIG ONE111!
Thou shalt not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination. Thou shalt do it standing up.
Dominating Aries, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post May 12 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #10

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

QUOTE (Pab @ May 12 2004, 12:59 PM)
- snotty nosed exam-time-cold-catching flu victims (*hands out warm fluffy blankets and hot drinks*)

thanks for reminding me!

*snuggles in a blanket*

I try and look at it positively, once June is over then it's summer and time to have fun! Also it means no more exams for 6 months, a year, forever!

Although exams are a pain in the rear-end you have to look on the up side, if you get too stressed you get mental block and that doesn't get you anywhere.

Smile, let the endorphines run free and I wish you all the very best of luck to do as well as you need to do to get where you want to go, if not better.

If anybody needs a shoulder to stress on feel free to PM me at anytime, I'm not the best at giving advice but I'm a good listener and I'll sure try with the advice. I've made mistakes, not revising for my A levels was the biggest, I learnt from that and I was lucky to get here, where I want to be, by my enthusiasm and determination.

I know you can do it, you're all smart people!

I'll stop jibbering now.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 12 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #11

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Best of luck on exams.
Been there and it's not fun. Hugging random people through the res. floor sometimes helps laugh.gif but can garner some odd looks and wierder stress.
Hot tea and short naps in the sunbeam with the cat are good.
Good Mnemonics!

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post May 13 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #12

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Pab @ May 12 2004, 12:59 PM)
your crappy wal-mart McJobs over the summer...

and congrats to the first man to achieve a combined flame of both british and american part-time student summer jobs. not only have you exposed the secret of our entire summer lifestyle, you make us look bad in the process tongue.gif

good luck to all with exams, whether you think you need it or not. i know i do!

here's to the summer *hands out pie-flavoured toasting champagne* biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Aria
post May 13 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #13

Confused. Very Very Confused.

Member No.: 941

Argh. I was so happy. For the first time, it looked as if I wouldn't get sick in the middle of the exams. Alas, for I am now drinking cold medicine, curled up in a big wool housecoat, while trying to to sneeze my brains out.

Mmm. cookie. I'm gonna make cookies and peanut brittle tonight. Sugar. biggrin.gif

--------------------
In your misery
You're not alone
So come share your tears with me
And witness it all go wrong

+Quote Post
Pab
post May 14 2004, 12:35 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (the lil' pie fairy @ May 13 2004, 05:39 PM)
... you make us look bad in the process tongue.gif ...

ah ... well ... McJobs is a dictionary term now, and basically translates as "job you don't want to stick to forever" so I kinda hoped we'd all agree on that one ... For those who wish to make a career out of doing this type of job, I'd say "´WAKE UP" .... Anything to be positive ...

Ma petite Fée des Pies ... *gives ingredients for a truely thrilling pie* tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post May 14 2004, 09:25 AM
Post #15

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

Argh...first exam today...Advanced Higher English...ye gods...I only know twelve quotes by Plath and nothing of Hamlet or Lear so everyone pray I find a decent Plath question or I'm screwed. Not to mention I was off ill and missed the Creative Folio deadline and now have to do the textual analysis section too...which I haven't prepared for at all...must stop babbling, exam starts in two and a half hours...must go chainsmoke...

But yay! for cheeringness...we really do only have a few weeks to go...and then crappy employment and missing all the sunny days stuck inside a mall serving burgers to morbidly obese people (really, it's like handing over death on a plate) can commence!!

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:52 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!