IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Pets?, critter curiousity
What pets do people have?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 40
Guests cannot vote 
Ashbless
post May 19 2004, 01:42 PM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

I am staff to one cat. A black domestic shorthair named Dante. He was a foundling. His first owners dropped him at a day care centre when he was a young kitten of about 3 months. He followed the little ones down to a local park and had a wonderful day. Went on the slide, the swings, the swirly thing.... But then the kids all went back and there he was alone in the park. sad.gif
I was there working on life skills with a client so when we left I scooped him up and took him along home with me. Looked for his peeps but noone ever claimed him and here it is 7 years and two cities later...
Other pets in the household are:
One roomate has a chocolate lab.
One roomate has two cats - an orange tabby and a black and white tux cat.
Last roomate is overwhelmed with critters that are not her own. ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post May 19 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

two cats and two others.

And some fish in my pond but I dont think they really count do they?

The 'others' are corn snakes that used to belong to some family friend peoples but they got to lazy to look after them and gave them to me ohmy.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 19 2004, 02:18 PM
Post #3

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I have four cats and a dog (I chose cats because I have more of them). My cats' names are Baby, Cinnamon, Angel and Punkin. Baby was the only kitten in his litter, so we called him the "baby kitty." It stuck. Now he's an old grizzled cat (much like my dad) who's amazingly laid back. I can imagine him thinking, "There is no way I'm moving from this spot. They'll go around me. I'm not moving." He's also really tough, which I think he gets from having the name "Baby," a la Johnny Cash's "A Boy Named Sue." Cinnamon, who's named for her brown color, is the shyest cat in existence and has a low tolerence for stress and human activity. She interects with people on her terms. You have to approach really, really slowly to pet her and even then she'll let you pet her only a few times. She makes her home under my parents' bed where she can comfortably avoid people. Angel (my little sister named her because she loves angels) and Punkin (my other sister found her on Halloween) are like sisters (swear to God) with Punkin being the younger one. They're both really affectionate and like playing (especially Punkin). Angel's a mad hunter (we get "presents" a lot) and Punkin is following in her sister's footsteps. Baby's like the older brother figure among all of them. He's the most patient animal (including humans) I've ever met, though even he has his limits. They're really affectionate with eachother. It's really sweet to watch.

My dog's name is Hershey (full name: Hershey Kisses Douglas) because of her dark brown color. She's a lab mix. She's a really nice dog though rather submissive (she was the runt of the litter, much like me wink.gif ). She loves the cats and they love her, though she does feak out Cinnamon a lot.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post May 19 2004, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Ai Ravana-hime

Group: New Members
Member No.: 421

I have one cat. Named Frente. He is the root of all evil, but he is cuddly nonetheless.

He's a pretty lazy cat, but he has some strange habits. He used to be a voyeuristic pooper. That made for interesting sights. Crowd of people watching my cat poo because he plastered his paws to the wall, began to poo, and let out a blood curdling cry for all to hear, and would continue until he was watched. Creepy stuff.

My cat is also gay. The rare times I've had a boy in my bed, guess who's there? Kitty!
He also really seems to like "Aries Alone Time ™". I have to shut my door JUST because of the cat. It's strange.

I'm rambling now, and its probably scaring someone. I'll stop now.

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
ravein
post May 19 2004, 03:12 PM
Post #5

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

^ I love you Aries...

I have Cleo the Ninja cat ph34r.gif not only is she the supreme huntress of the forest, she is able to drop smoke, scratch your eyes out, land in the kitchen by her food bowl all before the smoke clears. Dogs are afraid to walk past her in fear for their lives.. and god help the poor man or woman that picks her up... I have only had to pull her claw out of one person’s eye.. and she deserved it.. but when it comes to me and some quality belly rubbing.. awwwww yeah.. she is a big push over.. just don’t make her mad smile.gif Like Aries cat, mine has the uncanny ability to sleep through any sex act and remain seated at the foot of the bed. I also have cool mutt named Marley.. but he is not half as fun as Cleo..

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post May 19 2004, 03:15 PM
Post #6

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

I can't have any pets for two reasons. Firstly I'm away quite a bit of the time and it's just me in my flat so it wouldn't be fair on them. Secondly my lease says I'm not allowed even though I own my own damned flat the council own the lease on the grounds and they say no! dry.gif The annoying thing about that is is there's a couple that've moved in as tenants and they have obviously signed an agreement to say they won't have pets but they have a dog! mad.gif I'd tell on them but I'm not that nasty! laugh.gif Stupid thing is is that they can't really expect to get away with it. I live in a block full of nosey old busy bodies and one of them must have noticed the dog barking, seen it in the window, caught them taking it out for a walk, etc. so they are bound to say something eventually. If they complain about the type of rubbish I put in my bin downstairs then they are bound to complain about a harmless dog! rolleyes.gif

/rant over wink.gif

To sum up, I'd love a cat or dog but not until I'm living with someone else and I can devote my time to it smile.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post May 19 2004, 03:59 PM
Post #7

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

I'd love my own cat, just because cats are great, all the time, they're cute fluffy ickle fings that get everywhere and mange to make all the mischief and still be cute, and when they get old they just become big furry cushions that only move to crap and eat...which i think is great....being a cat would be cool tongue.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post May 19 2004, 04:07 PM
Post #8

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

Well if you put "cats, dogs and virtual pets" then i'd pick that.

I have 3 cats: Smokey, Murray and Sammy. Murray the oldest and Sammy the youngest and only female.

I have 2 dogs: Marty and Dinky(fredrick). Dinky is the oldest.

Virtual pets: 2 pikachu's, 1 Pikachu 2, A talking Nano Kitty and variuous Tamagotchies that I should get batteries for.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Lorax
post May 19 2004, 04:35 PM
Post #9

Superterriffic.

Member No.: 1,052

I have a couple of Guinea Pigs...they're small, cute, and fuzzy........and they purr like kitties. happy.gif

The boy is Cinni-man(yeah it's how we say it-so we spell it that way) He's all Red and brown and striped, he's really friendly, and licks on command...it's kinda strange.

The girl is Piggy, or Miss Piggy. She's got the hair of a fluffy stuffed animal, and she's Brown, Black and white like a calico kitty...She's really afraid of everyone eventhough she's getting better about it...happy.gif she let me pet her this morning!

[/useless information]

I also used to have a black lab...but she died on Saturday so...

--------------------
[center]Lets all get drunk, tonight.[/center]

+Quote Post
phoenix
post May 19 2004, 04:43 PM
Post #10

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Member No.: 252

i have two dogs, and two not owned but think i own them cats.

theres:

Hershey-my 16 year old chocolate lab

Lenny- my wittle puppy (whos actually 2 and weighs far too much) but hes the snugglest thing in the whole world

Snickers- the cat that resides where i housesit at, it thinks i own it, or it owns me

Snatch- Kinky Ken's cat, this cat runs to me when Ken yells at her, and im not all that fond on cats to begin with... dry.gif

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post May 19 2004, 04:43 PM
Post #11

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

Up until last week I had two rabbits and one cat. Then my rabbit Misty died last wednesday. My cousin however has to give hers up because the man that he mother is marrying is allergic to rabbits. Thus we will have a new rabbit soon. Apparantly his name is Brownie. When I go off to college I'm buying myself a mini rex rabbit because they're so cute and so soft and will keep me company.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post May 19 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #12

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

Two cats, brother and sister, names of Stanley and Jasmine respectively. Stanley's shy, Jasmine is the terror of all animals smaller than her within three miles or so of the house, both are affectionate. I love cats.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 19 2004, 05:28 PM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ May 19 2004, 12:06 PM)
I love cats.

Cats rule, man. When I'm out of the basement, I want cats.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post May 19 2004, 05:28 PM
Post #14

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

I have 4 cats, 2 dogs, 1 bird.

The dogs are Pepsi (papillon/pomeranian) and Bob (no idea about breed, but he looks like a short golden retriever). Like the dogs, but pepsi has some mental issues that involve pulling the leash in every which direction to try and get further away from people who are across the street/field/mile if he could see that far. But they are both very cute, and I loves them.
The cats:
Noir: The head strong female that goes around beating everyone up, including the dogs. I have to put like nine or ten bells on her collar to stop her bringing home poor little animals, somehow she still manages to do it. Named noir because she's all black, I was an original kid.
Tigger: A fantastic bright red cat we found under our car. A year of putting of posters and nobody claimed him. He's like a grumpy old man thats determined to get what he wants. Sadly though he has a hard time because of a nerve problem, so he cant jump unto or off of many things.
Kisiba:Umm all this point she really just loony. Cute, but loony. Shes a ragdoll siamese, and has many of the breeding problems, cross eyes, big over bite the makes her snort, paws to large for her legs. But I just think they makes her cuter, and more unique.
Nacho: The newest cat I got from the SPCA. About a year old, and really overweight. But a very cuddly cat, and he has ears that look like a bobcats.

As for the bird. That wasnt my choice. Our grandma cant take care of him anymore so we got forced to take him. He's one of them littler cockatiels. He's okay I guess, I'm just not much of a bird person.

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post May 19 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #15

<3

Member No.: 806

I <3 Mokey.

I named her after Mokey the Fraggle from Fraggle Rock...

She's the best cat in the world. She thinks she's a dog and a mouse. She likes small places and cheese, and she likes to beg for table scraps and be walked around on a leash. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Patient #212
post May 19 2004, 07:04 PM
Post #16

Miss Violence Spiderguts

Member No.: 1,030

I have three cats: Maizie, this crazed feral animal that I still manage to love, Suzie a load of matted fur so overweight she can't groom herself, and Dorian Grey, Suzie's skittish, antisocial son. They're a strange group.

--------------------
With the headlights burning
We're looking up for something
Answers on the ceiling.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post May 19 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #17

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I have a Gerbil, always drunk. His name is Sam.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post May 19 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #18

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

I have 2 cats, namely Benji and Meg. Meg is normal for a cat, Benji is a little on the stupid side. It probably comes from headbutting everything. He 'hunts' by sitting in front of a bird bath, and waits until a bird lands in it. So far, this has proved unsuccessful. He also has dog like tendencies, such as sniffing other cats arses. I have some fish as well, goldfish in pond, tiger barbs in aquarium. Used to have a hamster too.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Tomoyo
post May 19 2004, 08:09 PM
Post #19

Super advanced member

Member No.: 697

I have a newt. His name is Gingrinch. I've had him since I was about 9 years old, and he is surprisingly still alive.

He is not very interesting. I love cats, and I wish I had one, but I am deathly allergic to them. sad.gif

--------------------
We chase misprinted lies.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post May 19 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #20

QUOTE (Tomoyo @ May 19 2004, 09:08 PM)
I have a newt. His name is Gingrinch.

I love you.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post May 19 2004, 09:12 PM
Post #21

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Sorry to hear about your doggy, Lorax sad.gif

I have a newt. His name is Gingrinch.

I also love you.

I voted dogs because I have three dogs and a menagerie of fish. My beloved clownfish died a while back, though. Currently we have Max, Jake and Buck. Max and Jake are half-brothers - Max is a chocolate lab who is not too affectionate, just an off-to-the-side kind of guy. Jake (ssh, my favorite, don't tell) is the cuddliest doggy ever. He's a yellow lab and has the softest fur and hair. He's really quiet, likes to stay in the house, and extremely cuddle-able. He's also a people person. I spend a lot of time with him. We have that bond like my little sister and Buck do. Buck is a lab-chow mix (we found the others at a breeder) we got after Bear, my black lab, was put down. He's hyper, doesn't lick a lot, vicious when he fights, and very curious. It's sort of like Buck is my sister's dog and Jake is mine. Max is really no one's except for my dad's, but my dad rules over all of us. Speaking of that I want to go find Jake (whom I call Schmakey) and cuddle him. ^^

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 19 2004, 09:21 PM
Post #22

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Should have put a Mix of critters button on the poll. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post May 19 2004, 09:34 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (Ashbless @ May 19 2004, 10:20 PM)
Should have put a Mix of critters button on the poll. rolleyes.gif

Done smile.gif

Though on second thoughts it looks like it's targeting people who perform bizarre genetic experiments. Meh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post May 19 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #24

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

Oh, i forgot, i also have a virtual muffin called fluffy. She came from the muffin tree in elftown. Aahh, the wonders of the internet...

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
werewolf3361
post May 19 2004, 09:55 PM
Post #25

Lost in my mind

Member No.: 555

I have 3 dogs and 3 cats as of right now... we always seem to be getting new pets so that may change soon... laugh.gif

my cats are:

Sabrina: aka Vamp Cat cause she bit through my finger one night and was found with her fangs still in my finger the next morning and she was asleep... she's black and white with long hair and she likes to go into attack mode and pounce on anything that moves... including me.

Zyrcon: he's really my sis's cat but he likes me best... he's a blue bangle cat... he likes high places and playing with my puppy... he also thinks he rules the neighborhood but he doesn't...

B.C.: his name is really Big Cat but everyone calls him B.C. he's really kewl we saved him out of a storm drain one day after a thunderstorm and he's been with my family ever since. He's an absidian(sp) and he's really big... he rules the neighborhood....

my dogs are:

Shade: she's a black lab puppy and she's really smart and has figured out how to open the doors in my house... she thinks she's a cat and lays on the back of the couch and she's also a giant lap dog... she's only like 6 months old and she's getting big.

Dusty: a mut that we got from the pound he's really nice if you're nice to him, he's off white and very fluffy.

Shiba: she's a little shiba inu and she's just a fur ball of energy. she's smaller then B.C. and likes to bug Dusty.

yep that's all my pets... they're great and love me as much as I love them happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
I <3 Girls
"Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians!"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 01:59 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!