IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weird Habits And Pet Peeves, I'm sure we all have some.
Righteous
post May 19 2004, 03:24 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

My brother put the toilet paper the wrong way in our batheroom (yes, our basement has a bathroom in it). It annoys the living hell out of me. Another thing that really gets me is when someone has his/her tag sticking out of his/her shirt. I will go out of my way to tuck it in for someone, even folks I don't even know or random people at the mall or something. I hate it when people leave lights on when they step out of a room, even for a moment and most of all, I hate it when someone puts out a cig that has at least a third left. Smokers in China don't have cigarettes to smoke and people waste them.

As for habits, I keep beat to every song I hear, regardless of where I am, what I'm doing or if I like the song. I'll tap my finger or my foot of something. Also when I'm in stores and the merchendise is out of order (it has to be a significant bit, not just a little) I'll arrange it. I also find myself randomly picking trash or something up and throwing it away because I can't stand litter (I guess that's a combination of the two). Also, I need the fan on when I sleep, regardless of the temperature in the room. I have to watch movies at least 4 or 5 times so I get everything. The most persistant one is when I write like stories or something, it HAS to be in BLACK ink NOT pencil or blue ink. SOmetimes, I have no other option, so I'll write but often wrote over it later in black ink.

God, I'm odd.

What about you guys?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post May 19 2004, 04:27 PM
Post #2

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

I absolutely cannot stand noisy eaters, or people who constantly chew with their mouth open. The sound of ppl chewing just completely grosses me out. I also can't stand it when ppl do that thing with their big toe and the toe next to it where they rub them togeter and the skin rubs together and makes a dry snapping sound. It sends shivers down my spine.

As for habits, I constantly sing and dance - or at the very least hum - everywhere I go.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
phoenix
post May 19 2004, 04:35 PM
Post #3

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Group: New Members
Member No.: 252

my biggest pet peeve is chewing nosie, especially gum. you know that loud smacking, popping, chomping thing. it cant stand it, i really cant. and whats worst is i work in a very tiny resturant, and if there is only one person in there and they are one of those loud chewers there isnt a escape....arg. but really its most gum chewing/poping. it really annoys the piss outta me.

i think the thing i do that peeves everyone else is that i never put things back where they go. for instance, the scissor that are suspose to go in my dad's junk drawer, i leave where i used them and dont think twice about it. so he will go out and buy a new pair if he doesnt see them in there (we now have 4 pairs..ooops). also, i watch movies alot... and i can quote some line for line with my back turned and the tv on mute, but if im watching one of those movies i will quote it... a lot.

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 19 2004, 04:43 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I have to have the bedroom door open to sleep. Doesn't have to be open much even a hairline crack will do but there it is. My excuse is it's uh, um for the cat. Yeah, that's it, the cat. tongue.gif
I also catch myself in patterns. First A, then B, then C. First feed the cat, then to the bathroom, then get dressed style of thing. I've even driven half way to the wrong client on the weekend because during the week that's the first person I drive to. I can alter my pattern but if I'm not paying attention then the pattern takes over. huh.gif
I used to chew my nails, rub my earlobes to bleeding and pull my eyebrows but all said nervous tics went away about the same time as the ex-boyfriend. Connection? Probably. laugh.gif
I'm irritated by people who leave on the coffee pot when they leave the house. Burnt coffee is an evil to be avoided and burnt coffeepots even more so. Roomates who feel compelled to comment on what everybody is eating are also first against the wall when the revolution comes. Dirty dishes on the floor also irritates and I'll usually transport same over to the kitchen sink or dishwasher.
That's all that occurs offhand.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 19 2004, 05:42 PM
Post #5

Shut up, noob!

I'm obsessed with randomness. I choose my avs using a process called "Bubblegum, bubblegum" which is similar to Eenie-meanie-minie-mo. The rhyme goes like this:

Bubblegum, bubblegum
In a dish
How many pieces
Do you wish?

Then I usually ask someone for a number or choose the first one I see. Let's say 5.

1...2...3...4...5 is
How many pieces
That I wish for.

Then on "for," I pick the av my finger is on. I know it sounds weird, but c'mon. I'm a weird guy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Greeneyes
post May 19 2004, 07:13 PM
Post #6

The Key of Joy is disobedience.

Member No.: 1,102

QUOTE (Righteous @ May 19 2004, 03:23 PM)
As for habits, I keep beat to every song I hear, regardless of where I am, what I'm doing or if I like the song. I'll tap my finger or my foot of something.

^ This is me. I also talk to myself incessantly, or talk to other people inside my head. I sometimes talk to other people in my head about talking to other people in my head. That makes me think about it, and so i talk to someone in my head about talking to someone in my head about talking to people in my head. When i notice myself doing this i stop. It's pathetic i know...

It slightly irks me if i'm doing something and someone tells me i need to start doing it, or tells me how to do it when i know how, and then goes and acts as if they've just helped me through an important part of my life.

--------------------
Waiting for a superhero intervention

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 19 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #7

Shut up, noob!

When I used to smoke, I'd spend about a minute or two packing my cigs while most smokers take five to ten seconds. I guess I wanted my cigarettes to last an hour each or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post May 19 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #8

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

The main thing would definitely be someone telling you to do something when you're already doing it, especially when driving:

Someone: 'Brake Dammit, Brake'

Me: 'Why do you think my foot was on the pedal 5 seconds ago, stop distracting me'

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Fallen Element
post May 19 2004, 07:57 PM
Post #9

Obliterates Everything He Kisses

Member No.: 633

I have a really obscure habit thing... it makes sharing rooms with people difficult... i have to have everything closed...every door, every drawer etc...and i cant have the blinds or curtains half open, they have to be totally open or totally closed! if something is left ajar, i have panic attacks etc...

i also cannot stand people touching me with their hands! it just freaks me out! i dont mind hand holding, but when people try to touch anything other than my hands i go all funny and i feel sick! Which makes tickling a no no, which is poo!

i have the usual OCD numbers thingy, but these days who doesnt!

Fal xXx

--------------------
The bookworm - bellydancing tart of Snuggles Harem
Fallen World
I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it. . .

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 20 2004, 12:09 AM
Post #10

Shut up, noob!

Every Christmas for over a decade, my brother Rick and I have slept in the same bed Christman Eve.

Everytime I'm making out with someone, I have to take cuddle breaks every few minutes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post May 20 2004, 01:16 AM
Post #11

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

also, i watch movies alot... and i can quote some line for line with my back turned and the tv on mute, but if im watching one of those movies i will quote it... a lot.

that's me all over.

Hypocrits really annoy me. They yell at you for everything that they do and tell you it's wrong. My dad is that way about his driving and my driving.

"WATCH THE POT HOLES - GO AROUND THEM"

Yes, and side swipe the big white SUV next to me in the other lane while I'm at it. smile.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post May 20 2004, 02:07 AM
Post #12

word

Member No.: 359

i HATE people who are really good at something but they r so self conscieous(sp? :-p ) that they just stand there saying "im no good at that nar nar nar nar"

and um...I hate people who dont understand PERSONAL SPACE. generally, when your a foot away from the persons face,unless you WANT them to be close,they r too up in your grill.

3rdly i hate people who question everything,i dont mean i hate ppl who think,i mean like "what are you doing" and you tell them to go away "what r u doing" "is that dangerous" "hEY whats that" "whats that" "whos that" "um..whats this for" ect.

Habitz:

I drink out of the side of my mouth with my mouth completely closed..i lookt totally stupid but i cant help cuz it hurts my funky teeth to drink the regular way..

I talk kinda excessivly(can you tell :-p )

um..I tell people excatly what i think bout them..

thats about it

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 20 2004, 03:36 AM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

Here's my teeth-cleaning ritual:
Rinse, floss, rinse, brush, rinse, floss, rinse. The dentist said I have really good teeth, but inflamed gums.

I always have to run my hand against a railing as I walk by it.

Whenever I go out, I randomly check my back pocket to make sure I have my wallet even if I know damn well I have the thing.

I always wash my face thrice and my hair twice. No exceptions.

When I had my car, I would smoke three cigarettes going to school, one in between each class and three coming home. I went through about ten Marlboro Lights a day that way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post May 20 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #14

My direction

Member No.: 495

Pet peeves...

I really HATE it when people (particularly my little sister) go into my room without asking, and especially when they mess around with my stuff

I get annoyed with my family when they dont rinse milk/weetabix/tea etc out of bowls or cups so when I come to wash it up theres like a dry crust on it... ergh

If anyone except my b/f or a select few of my close m8s sits to close to me or on "my side" of the seat (in the car, on the sofa etc) I get really edgy

People who refuse to accept, in the face of all evidence, that maybe, just maybe, they might be wrong.

On a slightly more serious/darker note- Child abuse, Bullying, husband who hit their wives, and animal cruelty make me angry to the point where I sometimes have to be stopped from doing anything stupid or interfering.

Weird habits...

I have an underwear fetish- whenever I go shopping (not that its a very common occurence), especially with my best mate KT, I HAVE to buy underwear.

I used to bite my nails, although I've stopped now.

I am seriously addicted to coffee.

I have what my music teachers call an ear for sounds and perfect rhythm (*whoosh- technical language goes stright over GA's head*). Hence I spend a lot of my life randomly bursting into song, randomly dancing, nodding my head tapping my fingers or feet, unable to get songs out of my head etc.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post May 20 2004, 12:39 PM
Post #15

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Weird habits -

I sometimes sleep with one or both eyes open. (usually when inebriated).

I write lists. For everything. All the time.

I cannot have a shit after 12 in the afternoon. It's like some sort of Bowel Cut Off Timer.

Peeves -

People who don't indicate when using the dual carriageway/motorway/roundabouts

Being patronised.

There's more, but no ones annoyed me today yet so they're hard to think of. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 20 2004, 01:11 PM
Post #16

Shut up, noob!

I hate tourists. I can see them a mile away. My friends and I sometimes like to go tourist watching so we can make fun of them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post May 20 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #17

My direction

You know what's really annoying? Wannabes. I've got nothing against wanting to look a certain way, belong to a certain crowd, get a certain attitude off other people etc, but if you're gonna do it, do it already, dont say one thing and act another!!! mentioning no examples of course. *COUGH* busted *COUGH*

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 20 2004, 02:55 PM
Post #18

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE ({Gothic Angel} @ May 20 2004, 08:26 AM)
*COUGH* busted *COUGH*

You don't mean me, do you?

My brother told me last night that he prefers going poo in the nude. I thought he outgrew that when we were children, but lo and behold, no.

I am addicted to coffee. It's almost 11 and I'm still drinking. I'm gonna be like Mr. Pink by noon.

I swear a lot, which I'm sure you guys have noticed. I even like to get creative in my swearing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post May 22 2004, 04:21 AM
Post #19

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

This is more a combination of pet peeves and personal habits, but one of my pet peeves is when things get lost or when people don't put things back where they belong. *eyes phoenix* wink.gif I have a photographic memory about where things belong and I am very deliberate in organizing things where they should be, so if it isn't there when I go to look for it, I completely flip out. It's a real peeve of mine because my boyfriend happens to be one of those people who doesn't care where he puts things and he's really absent-minded about this sort of thing. Meanwhile, I still remember where I have everything organized in my old room at my mom's house, which is half the country away from where I live now. Whenever I desire something from my room there, I can give my mom a call and describe to the most intimate detail where she may find the item for me. "Look on the left side of the closet, on the top shelf -- under the dog-shaped pillow there will be a binder that has a picture of flamingos on the front, and the notepad I want will be hidden behind the purple-colored poster in the left-hand pocket of the green folder that's inside that flamingo binder."

Also, Righteous -- I have the same habit with checking for my wallet, except I do it every time I leave a store or just finished paying for something. Each time I leave a store, I check for both my wallet and my keys, and then if my boyfriend is with me, I often ask him to double-check for his wallet and keys too.

Gothic Angel -- I have major problems with some of those more serious issues too, but I think that would be more than pet peeves. I really get wound up about instances of sexism/misogyny, animal cruelty, and homophobia, in particular.

One more thing I have a pet peeve about is being a pedestrian in a world full of drivers. I'm so sick of having to lay my life on the line every time I need to cross the T-shaped intersection near my apartment -- at that intersection, there are stop signs instead of traffic lights, and most drivers seem to think that you don't have to take stop signs seriously, so I have to be really aggressive as a pedestrian when I'm trying to cross that damn street. People will literally keep driving through the intersection even when I've already started crossing and am in the middle of the intersection nearly in front of them, and then they honk and glare at ME as if I'm the one that wasn't looking where I was going. *shakes fist at people like that*

Another thing that peeves me about drivers is how paternalistic some of them can be. Don't feel sorry for me just because I don't have a car -- there are other ways of getting around, and plus maybe it's a conscious CHOICE I've made for myself! I don't want a damn car! And at the store where I work, they won't let me walk home by myself after work, so they require me to get a ride home with one of them after work, and they won't effing take NO for an answer! It drives me insane! Maybe I prefer walking, and maybe I'm confident of my abilities to take care of myself on the short walk home, damnit!

That's all my ranting for today. tongue.gif

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post May 22 2004, 10:46 AM
Post #20

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

QUOTE (Greeneyes @ May 19 2004, 07:12 PM)
I also talk to myself incessantly, or talk to other people inside my head. I sometimes talk to other people in my head about talking to other people in my head. That makes me think about it, and so i talk to someone in my head about talking to someone in my head about talking to people in my head. When i notice myself doing this i stop. It's pathetic i know..

YES!! I'm not the only one!! (I actually imagined myself posting about this and then imagined myself explaining about imagining myself posting this.. and those loops go on for ages!) The problem is when I notice myself doing this I cant stop! blink.gif

I also sleep with my eyes open.

And I do this thing where I cross my arms a lot and give evil looks... I cant help it!! ..and then people point it out and I have to cross my arms and give them an evil look!!

Things that annoy me: Bubble gum popping, and the time in between each bubble gum pop where I cant relax at all because I know theres gonna be another one and it just drives me insane. mad.gif My dad moving stuff around in the kitchen or putting stuff away when it is NOT clean. mad.gif

I also cant stand the sound or feel of polystyrene. ohmy.gif Cotton wool is not nice either.

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Kamaradi
post May 22 2004, 07:37 PM
Post #21

Worrying

Member No.: 953

I cannot have a shit after 12 in the afternoon. It's like some sort of Bowel Cut Off Timer.

I have a similar problem. The difference is, I can't have one before 10:00 AM. Unfortunately, at about 10:01 every freakin day, I have to go really badly, no matter where I am.

Not really a habit, but I am incredibly fidgety. I'm always doing something, tapping a pen on my desk, moving my leg up and down really fast, twiching my foot... something. I know that annoys a lot of people, but hey, I don't care.

And I tend to play songs in my head over and over again for hours on end, and since I play clarinet, I usually finger along with them. It's sorta weird, but it actually does help with stuff technically on the instrument. If I've had some insane run stuck in my head from a song, I've probably been moving my fingers along with the notes, so when I go to play it, I have it down.

--------------------
Kamaradi.

user posted image

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post May 22 2004, 09:22 PM
Post #22

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

My poo issue goes further than that (was not going to tell you this, but what the hell...) - I also cannot poo if anyone is on the second floor with me, they need to be downstairs and be quiet or it's a no go, that includes my partner of four years. And I will never have a shit in a public toilet, it's just not possible. *shrug*

I also have an annoying habit of reading with one eye closed when I'm drunk (because that way I just get single vision rather than double).

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 22 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #23

Shut up, noob!

Whenever I make out (or...do other things) I follow the same step-by-step procedure. I won't go into detail or there may end up being a significant increase in homosexuality among the female populace here, so I'll leave it at that.

It annoys the living hell out of me seeing older guys who have just a few hairs on the top of their heads and still brush them over with the hair surrounding the dome. Combovers also annoy me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post May 24 2004, 02:58 PM
Post #24

My direction

MoonlightSavingTime - Yessss.... but on the other hand most other people who have issues with that sort of thing manage to have some level of self control tongue.gif

Righteous- The other thing about old men is the ones who cultivate ear or nose hair. I have actually seen someone who i could swear was growing his ear hair to comb over and cover his bald spot tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aislinn Faye
post May 26 2004, 03:34 AM
Post #25

My cute little Aislinn!

Member No.: 1,123

I can't stand people using double negatives when they're talking.. esp "I ain't got no". and one thing that I do that seems to annoy poeple, is I fill my glasses up half empty for some reason, and I always nag about how I want a straw. Another thing that annoys me about people.. is when I'm sitting down, and they're standing right beside me, it makes me nervous. And, I can't stand to have people I don't know walk on my left side, I guess it's because I'm left handed or something, I don't mind people I trust on my left side at all though.

--------------------
"I can kill catering with a thought!" - Darth Vader

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 02:39 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!