IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blast From The Past, Ohh, I'm nine again.
Snugglebum the D...
post May 21 2004, 03:01 PM
Post #1

F*cking with the best since 1996

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 962

I was walking home from town today and all the kids were on their way home from school. Guess what I saw. Bet you can't...

I saw a little girl in daps.

I should imagine about 95% of you haven't a clue what daps are. So I'll tell you. Daps are these black, rubber, slip on shoe things that you wore for PE. I thought they were discontinued years ago. Or, they were a Hampshire thing (BTW, I went to Kingsworthy Primary in Winchester - were you born and bred in Winchester Mata?)

My God - did they ever take me back to my childhood (which by the way, I always think of with fondness)

Anyway, I want to know what makes you think of your childhood. Is there a certain thing or smell (Parma Violets always remind me of my Nan) that takes you back ten, maybe twenty years?

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fallen Element
post May 21 2004, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Obliterates Everything He Kisses

Member No.: 633

Raaaaaa! we had them!!! they were so degrading!!! We called them plimsoles (sp?) tho...the were the reason for my self loathing!!! I hated PE and they skanky black shoes made it all the worse!!!

the thing that reminds me of childhood the most would probably be Double Dip Lollies! they kicked ass! or liquorice dynamites!!! they were cool!!!

Fal xXx

--------------------
The bookworm - bellydancing tart of Snuggles Harem
Fallen World
I have done it again. One year in every ten I manage it. . .

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post May 21 2004, 05:01 PM
Post #3

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Gah, we had them. I really hated them and my parents made me wear them to school. How embarrasing...

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post May 22 2004, 12:21 AM
Post #4

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

They sucked, and never seemed to fit probably...you seem to be exeriencing the 'memories with all the bad bits missing' type of nostalgia that everyone has dry.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post May 22 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

meh I have no problem with them. PE only got horrible when we stopped wearing plimsols or whatever you call them, when I went to senior school (age 12ish)

I love double dips smile.gif Parma violets are evil. ohmy.gif
I have a distinct childhood memory of being told what a lever was for some reason...
I used to fight over yellow opal fruits (starbursts)
I remember my first computer. I didnt really know what computers did and all I knew about them was that they could play disney cd roms, which I thought was pretty damn amazing! laugh.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post May 22 2004, 11:50 AM
Post #6

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Parma Violets are great, unless you eat too many, then they taste if soap!

Liquorice Dynamites are great, but they leak and theres an endless temptation to snort the sherbert stuff, and its actually impossible to eat them the way they are intended

Why does everything have a bad side, and more to the point why am I so annoyingly good at remembering it? dry.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post May 22 2004, 08:58 PM
Post #7

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

i can't decide which is a better name, starburst or opal fruits.....at least the orginal was slightly more descriptively accurate

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 22 2004, 09:19 PM
Post #8

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

80's cartoons remind me of my childhood...especially Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, and other such girly things.

Oh, and oatmeal cookies. Uggghhh. For some reason, my mom always had them around, and I grew to hate them. And bananas. I hated when she'd pack a banana in my lunch, and then it'd make everything taste like banana...even the sandwich. I still can't stand the smell of them.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Mutilation
post May 22 2004, 09:36 PM
Post #9

Speed of Life

Member No.: 952

Ham Sandwhiches and Sesame Street.

Doo do do, do do do, dooo do do, do do do.

Hurray for Elmo and Oscar the Grouch (I think it was the Garbage Monster). Big Bird sucked though. They should have made cookie-monster the main character.

They still sell double dips down at my news-agent. Hurray!

And Plimsoles were terrible because I have one larger foot, so I could easily get on one and have to take like 3 minutes to get on the other. Stupid dodgy elastic.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post May 24 2004, 05:45 PM
Post #10

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Ah yes, the days of power rangers, the prime of YTV taking the airwaves and oh yes and the sound of a heart beating brings me back to when i was 8-10 years old.

I actually dunno why I love the sound of a heartbeat, but its so relaxing. To this day I feel relaxed and happy if I have my ear pressed to Jonathan's chest.

Power rangers, oh man that show was awesome. Now I am not being general here, the first power ranger versions were awesome and so was power rangers in space, but the version around today SUCKS! Nothing like the old version I say.

YTV was kick arse back then too, with the treehouse and the zone and all those cool sunday movies and stuff. I probably would love YTV again if i had cable.

Also can't forget my obsessions with sonic the hedgehog in full swing as a kid. I still love sonic, but not insanely like I did as a kid.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 04:14 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!