IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Has Matazone Changed Your Life?, Big and small ways.
Righteous
post May 28 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

I was reading through what Candice posted in the Useless Information Archive. I started thinking about all the ways, big and small, that Matazone has changed my life. Since joining Matazone, I've learned a lot about my computer, collected a buttload of pictures and the typing class I took in high school's actually beginning to pay off. I've found some really kick-ass websites, downloaded YIM and now have several more sites to be addicted to. I've met so many new friends and have found the woman I love. I've even managed to drag my friend Aislinn onto the site happy.gif . The Matazone family has become, to me at least, just that: A family. Without you guys, I'd probably still be drinking and doing God-knows-what else. You guys've been here when I needed you and supported me. I have more reason to travel, both nationally and internationally, so that I may see people. I want to go see Canada, Australia and the UK to see TigerLily, Enslaved, Commie and Porcelain Warrior, not to mention all the cities in the US I want to go to now and Syracuse where I went to visit Spiffy and DOH. Anyhow, this forum, or more accutately, the people here have meant/done so much during the time I've been here. Who else here feels the way I do?

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post May 28 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #2

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I've met fantabolous new friends. Like I've said before, I have too many to name. Matazone has helped me feel good about myself, and I feel like I actually belong somewhere. I never have to worry about saying too much, I can always be open about my feelings. And most of all, you are all so HONEST. laugh.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post May 28 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #3

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

One word: Dayan.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post May 28 2004, 10:01 PM
Post #4

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

One word: syuu happy.gif Nah, not just syuu, also Candy, Rachel, Aries, Alan, and everyone else I've met here.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post May 28 2004, 10:34 PM
Post #5

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

These forums have literally kept me alive. There have been so many times that I have been on the verge of suicide you wouldn't believe it. But through the family I found on here I found that I'm not alone in some of these feelings and things that have happened to me and gotten help. I've made so many new friends and found the man that I love. laugh.gif I get to express my feelings and be myself without the fear of being ridiculed.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
poppa.moo
post May 28 2004, 10:58 PM
Post #6

Phlurp!

Member No.: 119

QUOTE (syuu @ May 28 2004, 09:41 PM)

Ditto.

I've met a lot of people on here during my time, albeit a broken one, I've only just come back, and it is different from when I was here last, but people remeber me, and remember how I am, which makes me happy. These Days you can't go anywhere without anyone forgetting your name! I'm glad everyone on here is here, it would never be the same without. I know this sounds like a kiss-ass session, but if you think about it, it wouldn't. You wouldn't have the support from the forums, you wouldn't have th replys that you do which make you feel happy
, sad, thoughtful, nostalgic, etc.

I enjoy these forums, and am glad to be back. I just wish everyone was back that I remember.

--------------------
And when I vest my flashing sword,
And my hand takes hold in judgment
I will take vengeance upon mine enemies
And I will repay those who hase me.
O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand,
And count me among Thy Saints.

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post May 29 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #7

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

I remember you, pops, ol' buddy. wink.gif

It's all about the friendships here. I've made some strong ones that I'm sure will be long-lasting. Missy and syuu will always be extra-special to me, for a variety of different, private reasons, but beyond that lies a world of joy I couldn't even begin to chart. There are very few names I don't feel a certain degree of affection for here, and that says something. I merely wish I could be around more - my lack of IRC is a gnawing irritant that never stops bothering me.

No other forum compares, frankly, and I feel honoured to have been part of shaping it into what it has become.

I lessthanthree you guys...

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 29 2004, 02:22 AM
Post #8

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ May 28 2004, 07:19 PM)
No other forum compares, frankly, and I feel honoured to have been part of shaping it into what it has become.

Agreed. So many other forums are full of assholes and bitches who'll verbally rip you a new asshole to make them feel big (damn prick envy [Carlin reference]). There's no family feel there. Yeah, we have our disagreements and what-not, but that's how families generally work. Unfortunately, I'm sure if we had one big family reunion (or union I guess), I'm sure we would walk away asking wondering what the hell's wrong with at least one person.

At least that's how it works on my family. It's especially bad with the mom's side of the family. We would always leave asking eachother how the hell we're related to the rest of them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
phoenix
post May 29 2004, 02:58 AM
Post #9

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Group: New Members
Member No.: 252

the forum to me was the meeting place of so many people i hold close to my heart. i met so many that have influenced me in ways that they wouldnt understand. i owe my big move to matazone (mostly to pat, since he said i had to be out there by the wc meet so he didnt have to pay for hotel stay laugh.gif). me moving to cali was only a dream, and the people on here pushed it to reality. but most importantly i found in this forum is people to share life with. in this forum i have found many heart aches, shedded many tears of joy or sadness, and laughed til i thought i was going to wet myself. i met people i know i will have in my life for always, people i can trust and confide in. this is a family, and i am for sure as hell proud to be apart of it.

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
craziness
post May 29 2004, 04:37 AM
Post #10

crazi

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (syuu @ May 28 2004, 04:41 PM)

when i joined the forums, i was totally lost. i had had my entire life planned until after my bat mitzvah. well, my bat mitzvah was over. i didnt know where i was. then i came here, and made friends with awesome people, like daya, inky, lolo, crissi, missy, and many others. thank you all for sustaining me through a year of finding myself. even though every year is finding yourself, but yall know what i mean. it feels great to know that there are people who i can be friends with, near and far, older and younger than me. thank you.

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 29 2004, 04:51 AM
Post #11

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

Without this forum I wouldn't have been able to make as many close friends as I have before this. Previously I thought the internet was for a few friends that you can make meerly by becoming a regular and the rest was for fighting with @ssholes who came in to make everything bad. Sure we have our bad times with other people and what not, but I have never been in a place before that works as hard as this place to make people feel like they belong and are welcome here. I know sometimes we have the feel of the elite vs the noobs, but those barriers are a lot more easily broken down than other places that I've been to. Every chat program or place that I used to go seems obsolete to me anymore. This is my home on the net and I hope it stays that way.

I'm looking forward to the WC meet, even though the numbers have fallen down to only a handful left going, simply so I can make some of you more than internet friends, because I must say that even though you are my net friends you always have seemed like more to me. You're my family.

Sadly with the amount of real life that has pulled me away from this place in the last few months I feel like I am growing distant to a lot of you and that saddens me. For the most part whenever a member leaves this place out of burnout or meerly because they don't think they fit it saddens me. I know that it would make me sad if I became one of those members to not be here as much, even though I know that real life will have to pull me away sometime.

I could list those who have been the most influential and the closest to me, but you know who you are, or at least I hope you do. The list would go on so long that I don't think there's room on this forum to name you all. I don't usually say things like this to people in real life or on the net unless I really mean them because it sounds cheesy and is so often empty, but for you I make an exception. I love you guys.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Righteous
post May 29 2004, 07:45 AM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

QUOTE (LoLo @ May 28 2004, 11:50 PM)
I know sometimes we have the feel of the elite vs the noobs, but those barriers are a lot more easily broken down than other places that I've been to.

I don't see that happening very much. At worse, it seems kinda clique-ish here, but it's not that hard to get to know folks here so long as you're a pretty decent individual. I'm blessed with being a non-clique-oriented individual and a lot of folks here are like that. Anyhow, I was just thinking about how I've learned a lot about myself here. I've learned strengths and I've learned weaknesses. You guys have really helped me as a person whether you've realized it or not and through an eclectic amount of ways. I've literally lost sleep over this place in good and bad ways. I love every last one of you. Thanks for being a family to me.

The only reason you guys are getting mushy stuff from me is because it's extremely late and I get really sentimental at this hour. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post May 29 2004, 10:42 AM
Post #13

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

matazone has really calmed me down alot... i dont fight with anyone anymore and im relitivly happy where as i used to be stressed out all the time... i know im not particularly close with anyone, but i always wake up in the late afternoon and think "yay matazone lets go see what color panties lolo wears" or "hmm i wonder whos getting into it with politics today" there are a couple times where ive passed up a chance to go hang out with my freinds just to sit around and read a few threads... let alone play the kitten game....

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post May 29 2004, 11:41 AM
Post #14

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

This how my day tends to go I drag myself out of bed go to work come home and sit here in front of the computer eating my tea wandering around the forum and chatting on Irc. It's how I unwind from a days work so I can get on with my family with out being really ratty with them. But also when I was in my last job it kept me sain for the last few months I was there Iwould be sitting in work think I wonder whats going on now or what I can put in my next. I use it as an escape and release from the day and I so apreciate it being here for that reason. I made some good new friends and had so much fun at the Meet.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
leopold
post May 31 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #15

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

This place kept me sane (relatively!) when I was going through some rough times. It became a place where I could go to when everything in RL was dragging me down.

Luckily for me, those days have long gone, and now I just pop in here occasionally to catch up with some of the few remaining people who still come here that I used to hang mostly with. It's always good to see how LoLo, Missy, Syuu, Commie, Pie, Porce, Jaq, SPS, Cand et al are getting on (hell, even Inky tongue.gif laugh.gif ), and it's nice to see Jecca back again after so long! Not so good is that we're missing a few people from back then; Dayan is an obvious one, but I also note the absences of Gerbil and Cheese, and especially Crissi. I wonder how those guys are getting on...

Must apologise to Porce and Lo, I will get around to PMing you back one day!

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post May 31 2004, 06:21 PM
Post #16

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

I'm not on this place half as much as I used to. I guess that's because I've ran out of things to say. The people I've met here, I'm close to and I intend to stay that way. The new people out there, I'm looking forward to meeting smile.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post May 31 2004, 07:19 PM
Post #17

<3

Member No.: 806

Being a part of Matazone really opened my mind to a lot of things. It is really wonderful to be a part of something, to feel like I fit in for once, and to talk to so many great people. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post May 31 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #18

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (leopold @ May 31 2004, 06:14 PM)
(hell, even Inky tongue.gif laugh.gif )

Well, I don't ever think about you, you crusty old lady part. tongue.gif

Actually, your name is at the top of my list of 'L's on my phone, so whenever I need to contact my GF, your name pops up. Indeed, I sometimes think of calling you. But then I remember what a knob you are, and come to my senses.

Love you really, arsebucket. And I second your remark re: crazi - good to have you back, girl!

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 1 2004, 12:17 AM
Post #19

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

Hard to say. It has definately changed me. Not all of the changes have been healthy biggrin.gif

It's made me take chances. And then made me remember why I shouldn't take chances. biggrin.gif

It really has made me sit up and pay attention to my life. And change it. I think it's a little worrying when it takes a bunch of strangers to make you be assertive!!

I've not been here long enough to say that I have life long friends but there are a couple of people here who I enjoy. And many more that I would like to chat with one on one - but I'll get round to that!!

All in all, it's just given me a little escape. Where no one can get me and I can be happy.

And I think that everyone on here is really wonderful. biggrin.gif `

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
craziness
post Jun 1 2004, 04:02 AM
Post #20

crazi

Member No.: 20

woot recognition! lol. SO SORRY LEO I FORGOT YOU! im sure there are others i have forgotten too. i just made that list off the top of my head. thanks people biggrin.gif

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 1 2004, 08:36 AM
Post #21

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ May 31 2004, 11:52 PM)
Indeed, I sometimes think of calling you. But then I remember what a knob you are, and come to my senses.

Yeah, I have much the same thought tongue.gif Although your number is on my other phone, the one I don't use any more cos it doesn't work with my car kit and I've not managed to get around to transferring all the numbers yet.

Jecca, fret not about forgetting about me. It happens to me all the time...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jun 1 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #22

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (leopold @ May 31 2004, 10:14 AM)
Must apologise to Porce and Lo, I will get around to PMing you back one day!

If you did PM me I could tell you how Crissi is maybe. laugh.gif wink.gif

Oh that's a bad reason to get you to PM me. /me slaps self. laugh.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Jun 1 2004, 05:33 PM
Post #23

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 65

Hullo. Sarah the Absent One speaks. I saw this thread and couldn't resist. smile.gif

Even though I hardly ever post anymore, Matazone has done a lot for me. For a long time, it made me feel like I was really part of something different. It made me feel special because there was a place I could go where people didn't like me because of my friends or because of what I could do for them; you all just liked me because you understood what I was saying. I still have the Matazone Math Binder! I am so proud of it! I have also watched a lot of movies and listened to a lot of music influenced by you guys' opinions. (The Pixies rock so much.) My friends here, too, have meant a lot to me. I think of Dayan a lot now. Or still. Whatever. Thinking about him puts things in perspective sometimes. Like I said, I know I don't post much anymore. I guess I've stopped liking a lot of what I used to say so easily here. But I still read the threads, and your opinions and advice are some of the best I find. I am so glad I am a part of this forum. You're all so different, I see things in a lot of different ways now. So, I guess above all, you have helped me gain understanding of others and myself. You may never know how much that means to me.

xoxo

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jun 1 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #24

word

Member No.: 359

So many..

There are at least a million things for each person that have altered my life in some way...

I cant name nearly enough...

You guys helped me out when i was sad

..Got me drunk when i was bored..and when i was "Dead"..lol

Youve been e-pimp to me as well as family

I even aqquired the world's first grandparent..

We've had late night conversations

Near-death encounters with the forum phantom

Bagels with Sarah....

Cheeses and produce in Syuuland...

Magic chalk...and strange gimpwear....

Cheese finding ways to crash the annual ISH ball(we should have one soon)

And Dayan....oh where can I start...He was truly great...Such a cool accent..lol..I never got a word of what he said...TOUCHIN YOOOOOOOOOOU..heh heh..he almost had my mind with that one...man i wish i had talked to him more....

There were innocence polls...killer manitees...we made comics....

did IRC dares...heh....

Ive learned soo many new concepts and words(wanker...lol)

Yah...youve all been soo great

We'll always be family,
no matter how far away we truly are...
IT seems like you're always there

<3 Mel

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 01:47 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!