Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Graduation!, pomp and circumstance, yay me
MistressAlti
post May 28 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #1

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am graduating tomorrow afternoon. I will be recieving my high school diploma and my associates' (2-year) collegiate degree. I've worked very hard to succeed here at Academy for this moment, and it means a lot to me.

I've done a lot of what are called "Senior Dedications" around here lately. "Senior Dedications" are, essentially, long-winded thank-yous to everyone who has change your life and helped you survive during your career at Academy. I've thanked my family, the staff and admin, and a host of other great people, but I haven't gotten the chance to thank some of the most important people from my life yet.

Namely, you, my Matazonians. Especially Candice, Katii, Lo, SPS, MiKe (InKy), Sean, Polos, and Dayan. You all have been there when others could not be. You lifted me up, made me laugh, and loved me when I needed it the most. You are my family too, and I cannot thank you enough for your influence.

Love to the family. -Rachel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post May 28 2004, 10:59 PM
Post #2

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

Wow, that's great Missi! Seriously, I'm proud of you for pulling through. I know how hard things can get when you're going through hard times and to come out on top like that is amazing! I'm so happy for you! laugh.gif

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post May 28 2004, 11:16 PM
Post #3

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

Ahh, bollocks, my dear. You have no-one to thank but yourself. Anything and everything you have achieved over the past few years has been down to your own intelligence, dedication and tenacity. Anyone else has merely been in a supporting role - the only person worth thanking is yourself.

But not wanting to seem ungrateful, I thank you for my mention. But bollocks anyway... ;P

Hope your day goes well, my dear. I'm sure it will be dull beyond comparison, but it represents the fruits of so much hard labour, and the beginning of a whole new chapter of your life. Enjoy it.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post May 29 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #4

salad dressing for is unsightly

Group: New Members
Member No.: 755

Very lots of congratulations, and have fun! You'll be hearing Pomp and Circumstance in your sleep (or maybe that's just because I have to play it for band every year huh.gif)

I'll be graduation next Thursday night, I'm sure your afternoon ceremony will be much more exciting than an 8:00 ceremony... where I have to sing laugh.gif

Congratulations, and don't lose your cap if it's windy!

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 31 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

*walks in humming Pomp and Circumstance VERY loudly and off-key*

smile.gif

Happy Graduation, Missy! (And happy early graduation, Arpeggio!) How were the speakers? Did you bring a gameboy? tongue.gif

Dude. You know what? We are tied now. Since I took 2 years off after high school before starting college, I am just now qualified for an associates degree myself. We'll get our bachelors degrees the same year ohmy.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 31 2004, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (candice @ May 30 2004, 07:26 PM)
Dude.  You know what?  We are tied now.  Since I took 2 years off after high school before starting college, I am just now qualified for an associates degree myself.  We'll get our bachelors degrees the same year ohmy.gif

Dude me too, but because I took 3 years off after high school and have been going part time. Well actually I may be half a year to a year behind you because I'm slow. laugh.gif

Congratulations Missy. I hope your ceremony was great and that you do well in your life and in the future. Well there's no need to hope because I know you will do well and will make a big mark on this world. Cudos to you dollface!

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post May 31 2004, 01:58 PM
Post #7

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 28 2004, 11:56 PM)
Namely, you, my Matazonians. Especially Candice, Katii, Lo, SPS, MiKe (InKy), Sean, Polos, and Dayan. You all have been there when others could not be. You lifted me up, made me laugh, and loved me when I needed it the most. You are my family too, and I cannot thank you enough for your influence.

Love to the family. -Rachel

yay me!!

...oh and yay you!! you clever banana you happy.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post May 31 2004, 03:07 PM
Post #8

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Congratulations! Just thinking about such dedication makes my head spin! I hope I can me as hard-working as you when I get older. I'm just graduating out of eighth grade now! That's a well-deserved diploma you'll get. happy.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post May 31 2004, 10:35 PM
Post #9

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (candice @ May 30 2004, 10:26 PM)

Gee, sounds like our grad band... dry.gif

Graduation was lovely. Our speakers weren't brilliant but they were at least brief. I laughed, I cried, I was moved. Yep. Pretty good for a ceremony in which I have to wear cardboard on my head. laugh.gif

Nah, Cand, I'm going to use up my scholarship and just take my time to finish my bachelor's, so I'll still probably finish after you. I'm still a dumb young'un compared to you, after all.

It's been a great but still rough week, as I've had to move out of the place that has been my home for two years and say goodbye to my second family! sad.gif But I guess it's the way life is. One of them is following me to university in the fall so at least I'll have company.

Thanks for all the well-wishes.

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post May 31 2004, 11:21 PM
Post #10

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Member No.: 505

*Is flattered*

What university are you going to?

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 1 2004, 08:42 AM
Post #11

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Golly gee, how time flies... I remember when your graduation was so far in the distance...

/me gets all wistful

Congrats, hon! I knew you'd do well. I know you've worked damn hard for this, now is the time to sit back and savour your achievment, preferably with a smug grin on your face. That's what I'd do, anyways biggrin.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 1 2004, 07:01 PM
Post #12

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ May 31 2004, 06:20 PM)
What university are you going to?

The University of Oklahoma. It's not exceptionally prestigious or anything, but it's not bad at all for a state school. Besides, it's not like I'll be paying to go there. Yay scholarships! Sometimes it's nice to be "smart". Or at least a good standardized test-taker.

I'll probably be studying business, with a minor concentration in some totally unrelated field. I'll figure it out when I get there. For now, Leo's idea of a smug grin sounds good to me. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Spacehappy
post Jun 1 2004, 07:36 PM
Post #13

Matazone acolyte

Member No.: 183

Congratulations Missy, and bloody well done ......... did you celebrate by getting drunk? ..... if not why not ...... ahhh damn i'll go out and do it for you biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jun 1 2004, 08:07 PM
Post #14

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Member No.: 40

way to go missy.. I am very, very proud of you... I'll go with Space and get sloshed for you tongue.gif

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Jun 4 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #15

salad dressing for is unsightly

Group: New Members
Member No.: 755

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ May 31 2004, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (candice @ May 30 2004, 10:26 PM)

Gee, sounds like our grad band... dry.gif

Graduation was lovely. Our speakers weren't brilliant but they were at least brief.

Our band was in key, just really really really quiet.

Our valedictorian talked about boys & cooties biggrin.gif

And I ended up graduating 5th in a class of 350+, and I got a nice plaque to hang on my walls, plus three seals for my diploma.

And I got a Freeze Frame cake from BaskinRobbins, so my head was on a cake... I'll get some pictures up soon biggrin.gif

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 10:27 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!