Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shopping Rant, grrr......
kidvicious2punk
post Jun 1 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #1

word

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 359

I went to every store in the whole mall yesterday...the was only ONE dress that fit me

and i have to wear it to the promotion dance...

i was just wondering if anyone else has this problem..

They dont think fat people go to formals? huh.gif

Anyway...just wondering

--------------------
salviadivinorum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 1 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #2

My direction

Member No.: 495

I have that problem- apparently there is nobody else in the world who takes a size 8 with long legs in dresses *muttermuttermutter*

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jun 1 2004, 03:45 PM
Post #3

word

yah...they dont make dresses for like really short people either...

or people who are too terribbly skinny..

or anyone whos not "normal" sized

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 1 2004, 03:50 PM
Post #4

My direction

Im 5ft2 and most of my trousers are like 170 cm or something. And theyre mostly quite short on me. And the tops i get are too small around the chest and too big around the stomach and waist. Its like you cant be curvy/attractive AND short/fat/thin.

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jun 1 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #5

word

I KNOOW!!

man that is annoying....

course i suppose eveyone has some clothing issue no matter what theyre size...

(oh..i wondeer if i should have put this in issues....)

i just think people with more...what word...more..complicated?..size face more problems

I cant wear like fancy sandal/shoe things cuz i wear like a size 10.lol

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 1 2004, 03:58 PM
Post #6

My direction

Lol if it makes you feel any better I take shoe size 5 or 5 1/2 and i still cant wear pretty shoes cos they are soooooo uncomfortable. I reckon people arent spotty/fat/thin because "they're geeks". I reckon its beacuse you're not a fashionable body shape that you become a social reject.

God knows I can only find gothic/metal clothes that fit me ph34r.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jun 1 2004, 04:03 PM
Post #7

word

lol yah

5 1/2?!?!?!

thats like...

--------------------------------------------------------- this big ohmy.gif

lol

but like i dont think body weight makes you a COMPLETE social outkast....it just kinda makes you feel iscolated from the "little people"

lol

..baaaaaad pun

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 1 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #8

My direction

Hehe yeah I know. I have tiny feet. The first time my b/f and his mate came over we were sat in the kitchen and I kicked off my shoes, i was wearing black socks (black makes everything look smaller) Phipps goes "Shit... you have tiny feet, man!" It was quite amusing cos they both have about size 11 feet happy.gif

Yeah, but thats what im saying, if you feel like a social outcast you become one. The whole thing is psychological. When I wear clothes that dont fit in with my idea of what I want to look like I feel terrible, I get really paranoid like everyone is judging me,

--------------------

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Jun 1 2004, 04:15 PM
Post #9

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Group: New Members
Member No.: 252

i have the problem finding dresses/pants/skirts that are long enough. i very long legged and i like pante that drap the floor, or actuall floor length anything, and when you are my height, its very hard to find proper length stuff.

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 1 2004, 09:08 PM
Post #10

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

My problem is that I have long legs and a short body. So finding trousers that are longer then my legs is a bit of a nightmare. And I also find that trousers that are supposed to lay low on the hips come all the way up to my belly button. Grrr... it's very annoying.

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
Twitching
post Jun 1 2004, 09:13 PM
Post #11

like peppermint aftertaste

Member No.: 714

Meh, I'm really short (5'2" with shoes) and wear about an 8 bum wise, so I've got a horrible time finding pants. My mom has to take them up for me dry.gif
Although I did find one pair, once, that fit perfect. They've become my absolute favorite jeans.

--------------------
Medae is my n00b!

Oink!

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 1 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #12

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Dresses, yes. I wear anywhere from a size 8-12 and I can never find I dress I like in my size...shoes! women's sneakers in 11 wide. impossible. 11, 11 1/2 wide for shoes. that is difficult. arggghh.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Jun 1 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Twitching @ Jun 1 2004, 05:12 PM)
Although I did find one pair, once, that fit perfect. They've become my absolute favorite jeans.

i have a pair of those! only none jean material... not sure what they are, but they are looooooong and comfty and i want to own 50 pairs of them!

--------------------

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 1 2004, 09:49 PM
Post #14

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I feel your pain. Sunday, I went to this store in Manhattan. They had the nicest shirt, but the largest they had was a large. I could probly fit into it, but my mom always thinks i need the largest sizes. For me, it depends on the store. Some places I can take a Large, others I need Extra Large. I'm a 15 in jeans, but mostly cuz they're made for people with no posterior, if ya know what I mean. This morning I had a hard time getting dressed because of that... unsure.gif

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Jun 1 2004, 09:53 PM
Post #15

this is off toopic a bit, but does anyone else get that one fold up on the seams of their pants? it always just one seam that like to flip up! oh that drives me crazy, it makes my pants even shorter!

[/end rant spam]

--------------------

[B] Own Microsoft

+Quote Post
DarkProtector
post Jun 1 2004, 09:57 PM
Post #16

^This is not my self picture^

Member No.: 265

I know I have the upperbody of a male with a rack so I find I need different kinds of shirts and I have short legs so I usually wind up buying too long pants which dirves me further insane.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

--------------------
Personality traits: bisexual, witty, protective, loving, smart, fast in the mind and body, sci-fi loving, a conspiracy theorist, and semi insane.
MY FAMILY
Fluffy=foob:::
be nice to me family or get spammed.
Dominatrix:::magikeyes14's sex army conspiracist:::League of ISH white tiger:::Animal Spirit club I am in the I love boobs club Governor:::Ejit Cult I am in the League Of Extraordinarily Sexyish Women lord high squirell cruncher:::anti-squirrel army Berserker High Commander:::Rebel Alliance Bisous:::hug cult Goddess of SEX:::fantasy creatures club
MY ANIMALS
user posted imageMY ACID BUNNY IS SHAMIRAuser posted imageShalimar.user posted imagePyroMaia. user posted imageEVO buddy user posted imageLOOK AT THE FROGGIE MY FANTASY

my Fourms

+Quote Post
Chishu
post Jun 1 2004, 10:05 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,044

QUOTE (kidvicious2punk @ Jun 1 2004, 04:52 PM)
I cant wear like fancy sandal/shoe things cuz i wear like a size 10.lol

i have the exact same problem lol i spend my life in hiking boots and guys newrocks... comfy but my mum goes mental when supposed to be wearing a skirt to a family party

+Quote Post
acid_rain_child
post Jun 1 2004, 10:07 PM
Post #18

Vive y Deja Vivir

Member No.: 672

Well, I find that it's not a problem to find a dress for fat people (I'm not particularly fat, but just enough to have to roll my eyes at the fashions and wish I were a size 2...) but finding one that doesn't make you look huge is a problem.
Example, I see people's prom pictures and whatnot, and their friends are "chubby", and everything would look fine if the dresses weren't sleeveless. Their arm fat just kinda jiggles there helplessly. And it's no good for farmer's tan. I refuse to fake bake ($50, I think not!), and being "ivory" that's my main problem. I think, for this reason, I'll wear a jacket or a suit or something, just to save my embarassment when a friend shows me my pictures. Maybe I'll make a dress *gets excited* never thought of that before.
Anyway, my point is, the dress fits, just not very well.

--------------------
"As life gets longer, awful feels softer,
Well it feels pretty soft to me.
And if it takes sh*t to make bliss,
Well I feel pretty blissfully."

+Quote Post
jicama
post Jun 1 2004, 10:15 PM
Post #19

a hoopy frood who really knows where her towel is

Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jun 1 2004, 09:07 PM)
My problem is that I have long legs and a short body. So finding trousers that are longer then my legs is a bit of a nightmare. And I also find that trousers that are supposed to lay low on the hips come all the way up to my belly button. Grrr... it's very annoying.

i've got the same problem! and finding dresses that fit is even worse- i'm a size 4-6 on top and a 10-12 on the bottom.

you'd think there would be a store out there that sells odd sized clothes, 'cause there seems to be a lot of us... on a similar note, a few years back i was shopping and there was a bargin bin of levi's that were labled "irregular". i didn't see anything wrong with them, and when i tried them on, they were the best fitting jeans that i'd ever worn.

--------------------
i don't need eternal truth, i've got shadow puppets!

+Quote Post
Raptor Red
post Jun 1 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #20

Has WAY too much time on their hands

Member No.: 1,118

I'm 5'5" and I weigh 93 lbs. I find dresses that fit me very easily. They just don't have any that I like. And people in cache and places like that give me really dirty looks when I walk into the store. It's like they can sense I can't afford their merchendice. It bothers me.

--------------------
My deviantArt
My LiveJournal
My Gaia

With great geekiness comes great responsibility
===
And on the eighth day, god created fangirls...shortly thereafter, he said unto Adam..."my bad"

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jun 2 2004, 04:02 AM
Post #21

word

QUOTE (jicama @ Jun 1 2004, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (Snugglebum the Destroyer @ Jun 1 2004, 09:07 PM)

i've got the same problem! and finding dresses that fit is even worse- i'm a size 4-6 on top and a 10-12 on the bottom.

you'd think there would be a store out there that sells odd sized clothes, 'cause there seems to be a lot of us... on a similar note, a few years back i was shopping and there was a bargin bin of levi's that were labled "irregular". i didn't see anything wrong with them, and when i tried them on, they were the best fitting jeans that i'd ever worn.

Clothing ppl think the only people that dress nicley are sizes 3-11

and the only ppl who need shoes to go with said clothing have teensy feet...

i was looking at shoes and i couldnt find anything that fit and my mom says
"im sorry that you have big feet"

so this girl starts laughiing and says to her freind
"har har har 'im sorry you have big feet'"

i was soo madd

but later her mom starts yelling at her and they got in a huge fight the chik is completely red!!

that my friends,is called karma and its oh so lovely biggrin.gif

i still need shoes..lol

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jun 2 2004, 09:37 AM
Post #22

My direction

Yeah its great when that happens. My friend is *lovely* we were out shopping together (we're both british size 8-10 quite thin, same sort of slim build, I always feel so bad bout showing off my body) and this (tall, thin, attractive) girl leans over to us, points to a quite fat, but not like ridiculously ugly girl and goes "God, shes eaten about 50 too many cakes, arent you glad you dont look like that". You should have seen her face when we both turned around and started flaming her biggrin.gif And the lift you get from seeing the "fat" girl's face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Jun 2 2004, 12:57 PM
Post #23

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

heh, im 5'11' 240 pounds and wear size 8 shoes.... so i tend to shop online for shirts, wall mart guys section for pants and i cant ever find any good shoes other then wall mart special's (thos white tennis shoe things) wich i paint... but it get annoying that i walk into a random store and see somthing i think is cute but ill never be able to wear it.... also the main reson why every shirt i own is a band shirt local or otherwise... because at the fatty stores... if i get a shirt that is my size the breast part is freaking 5 times to big... dern my tiny boobies...

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jun 2 2004, 01:05 PM
Post #24

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

The apparantly also decide to shrink formal wear. I wear anywhere from a size 10 to sometimes a 16 (pending on who the designer is).

Anyways, semi formal dresses that are size 12s are more like size 5s.

Apparantly you're fat if your not a 0, 3, or 5.

If you've seen the movie mean girls, they basically say that right in there. Even if it is sarcasm - it's true.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 2 2004, 04:51 PM
Post #25

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

See, this is why I do a lot of my shopping online. Sure, I have to pay shipping and handling, but so what? It's worth it, honestly. You do have to wade through a lot of granny-ish looking clothing sites till you find a good one, but there are some good ones out there. You also definitely have to be sure that you take your measurements correctly (most sites tell you where to take the measurements, though). But you can easily find plus size formal wear online. Oh, or if there's a David's Bridal near you...seriously, look at bridesmaids dresses for a formal dress. Some of them are really pretty, they carry a wide range of sizes, and they're inexpensive.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 10:31 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!