IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ronald Regan, Rest In Peace
Sir Maxerpopple
post Jun 8 2004, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Is conformity, consumption, and obedience really that bad?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 644

I know this is a day late, but it still deserves notice. President Ronald Reagan passed away, at the age of 93. He had been with alzheimers disease for quite a while, so this can give his family closure, knowing he will suffer no more. Whether or not you liked his politics, he can go down in history as one of our more humorous presidents. So, this is for you Mr. President, you made us laugh, and for that we are greatful.

--------------------
Still around, just lurking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 8 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #2

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 959

*nods*

Something really odd and a little depressing to hear, actually. I heard it Saturday night. Yes, rest in peace, Ronald Reagan.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Jun 8 2004, 02:17 AM
Post #3

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

Perhaps to bring a little levity to the subject I should supply a link to a rather irreverent flash animation. It is on Newgrounds, so get your popup blockers ready.

Da Doo Ron Ron.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 8 2004, 04:21 AM
Post #4

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

What's strange to me is that most of the Americans in this forum probably weren't even born when he was still president.

Myself, I was only 3 when he left office...

+Quote Post
tptcow
post Jun 8 2004, 04:37 AM
Post #5

Savior on the Blood Church St. Petersburg, Russia

Member No.: 978

Myself, I was only 3 when he left office...

I was five, I remember very little from when I was that young. I do remember the election of the Bush Sr. for some reason....

--------------------
Western Kentucky University
Facebook
Xanga
Formerly: Trumpetperson

+Quote Post
Dreams On Hiatus
post Jun 8 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #6

<3

Member No.: 806

I was really, really little but I remember. He was a good man. Rest in peace, Ronald Reagan.

--------------------
IPB Image Dance, kitteh, dance!
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jun 8 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #7

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Member No.: 40

I remember the Regan years.. he was a good fellow.. I was not to keen on his political views.. but.. he was a very likable fellow.. and because he was so likable (not to mention years of work by other presidents) he was a major aid in the ending of the cold war. He was such a graceful speaker as well. They’re where several times his speeches would make me cry.. when the challenger exploded.. his speech to the nation was one of the most touching pieces of work I have ever seen.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 8 2004, 09:15 PM
Post #8

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

I wasn't alive during his presidency, but he did a lot of great things while in office.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 9 2004, 03:11 PM
Post #9

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Group: New Members
Member No.: 160

QUOTE (ravein @ Jun 8 2004, 04:03 PM)
They’re where several times his speeches would make me cry.. when the challenger exploded.. his speech to the nation was one of the most touching pieces of work I have ever seen.

i heard that the other day, coincidentally. it had about the same effect on me, and it wasn't a matter that i can say i remember being around for (although i may have been)
hearing he'd passed away was a little strange. but yes, may he be where he wants to be now.

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 9 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #10

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

While I (as you may have guessed) was never a fan of Regan's politics, I admire his resolve. He didn't back down, he didn't waver, he didn't cut any slack - he stuck to his principles, and while they weren't my principles, I admired him for it.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
craziness
post Jun 9 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #11

crazi

Member No.: 20

he was old. personally, i dont think its that sad of an event. people have to die eventually. i mean i wouldnt want to live that long. plus he had alzheimers. so yeah, a person died etc, but it doesnt really bother me because my aunt is gonna die from cancer within the next 5 years, and shes like 53, and my friends mom is too, and shes only 44! and my dads first wife was only about 30 when she died, maybe not even. and old guy dieing isnt that bad.

sorry if i offended anyone. i disagree with his politics, but definitly rest in peace, and thank you for ending that damn war!

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 09:40 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!