Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Allergies, blah - painful lil buggers
spiffilicious05
post Jun 8 2004, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Empowe(red)

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 614

Okay, so I was just wondering if anyone else here is suffering form a horrific case of allergies. I have been and as the weather gets hotter and more humid they're just getting worse. It's like I'm taking a whole bunch of pills for absolutely nothing.

I also can't go get allergy shots because I have what's called idiopathic anaphalaxis which means that I could go into anaphalaxis at any given time but the doctors can't find out what I am allergic to. They know I have a mild allergy to dust and ragweed, but that's about it.

So, anyone else here have the sniffles and look either like they've been crying all day or are stoned because their eyes are so watery and glossy looking?

Meh allergies, I hate them.

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 8 2004, 04:17 PM
Post #2

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

My eyes water all the time...

And I have no idea what this is from, but I have a KILLER sore throat. Owww.

I used to have to take Claritin for my allergies. They're not as bad as yours though. My sympthaties!

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
tptcow
post Jun 8 2004, 04:26 PM
Post #3

Savior on the Blood Church St. Petersburg, Russia

Member No.: 978

I usually get allergy shots once a week. The Ohio Valley is one of the worst places for allgergies....

--------------------
Western Kentucky University
Facebook
Xanga
Formerly: Trumpetperson

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jun 8 2004, 05:49 PM
Post #4

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

I'm allergic to nuts. And red stuff wacko.gif I had a reaction to a rasberry strudle once. Oh, and domino's garlic and herb dip.

I think I'm just allergic to food in general.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
Mazling
post Jun 8 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #5

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 1,153

I feel sorry for people that have allergies..... I see a lot of people sniffing, coughing, and such where I live and so far I only know of one allergie I have..... Which is dish-washing-soap..... Nothing else.

--------------------
Mazle
‡God-Like-Rabbit‡
ˆLet's pretend your a camel.ˆ
„Blue and Blonde„
•I'm a blanker•
_.·˜¯ª¯˜·._
Do the wave ^

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 8 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #6

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Spiff - I hear you. Big time. It's like having a perpertual cold... yuck...

I'm allergic to all the big names - mold, dust, ragweed, pet dander, several types of grass and trees (all of which exist in my backyard... dry.gif). I've also got a host of skin allergies, but they're not as severe.

No food allergies, though. Which is good.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jun 8 2004, 09:45 PM
Post #7

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

i'm not allergic to anything....i'm great! all bow down and worship me!! thats it! bend over!!

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Little Green Got...
post Jun 8 2004, 10:11 PM
Post #8

Only YOU can answer that question!

Member No.: 384

I get allergies when ever a storm comes in. Everytime the buromiter dropps *WHAM* I'm hit with them. What's worse...I live very close to the coast. dry.gif happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Jun 8 2004, 10:49 PM
Post #9

: P>

Member No.: 991

Grrr! Hayfever just came back and I have an exam tomorrow mad.gif , literally another 12 hours and I wouldnt care so much!

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 8 2004, 10:51 PM
Post #10

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I don't have any allergies.

However, I did use to come up with red blotches on my neck if I drank too much rich red wine. And then that stopped happening and I was back to quaffing again. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jun 9 2004, 12:51 AM
Post #11

Empowe(red)

Spiff - I hear you. Big time. It's like having a perpertual cold... yuck...

exactly!!! and what's worse is when you start to loose your voice because in my case I have a lot of classes involving singing -- which ruins my class entirely!

I hate allergies, stupid cold like systems

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
Tomoyo
post Jun 9 2004, 02:44 AM
Post #12

Super advanced member

Member No.: 697

QUOTE (trumpetperson @ Jun 8 2004, 05:26 PM)
The Ohio Valley is one of the worst places for allgergies....

Apparently so... I live in there also, and I too have allergies. Mine are not unbearable though, as long as I stay far away from cats and bees. Though it drives me crazy, because I have difficulty spending large amounts of time in the houses of people who own cats. I have to take excessive amounts of drugs, which usually cause me to fall asleep. dry.gif

I am also allergic to spring. And being outside.

--------------------
We chase misprinted lies.

+Quote Post
Marsyas
post Jun 9 2004, 02:51 AM
Post #13

Apparently squishy

Member No.: 763

Interesting that there are a few other Ohio Valley people here...
I live about five minutes away from the Cincinnati, discounting traffic, and there's a spring in my backyard, so the various water sources (Cold Spring and the Ohio River, Licking River, etc.) always seem to make it especially humid and plants that are particularly allergy inducing seem much worse here than they did at my old house even though that's just 20 minutes south away from the river.
My boyfriend's allergies seem to really act up whenever he comes over, but mine aren't so bad. I don't really seem to get much more than a runny nose.

--------------------
Come away! O human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 9 2004, 02:57 PM
Post #14

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

QUOTE (Tomoyo @ Jun 9 2004, 03:44 AM)
Mine are not unbearable though, as long as I stay far away from cats and bees. Though it drives me crazy, because I have difficulty spending large amounts of time in the houses of people who own cats. I have to take excessive amounts of drugs, which usually cause me to fall asleep. dry.gif

yep, i'm allergic to cats. having periodically bad eczema makes it so much worse; i scratch it into my skin most of the time.
and the perpetual cold theory is giving me problems too, having bloody hayfever of the umpteenth degree dry.gif
i figured out yesterday that the more humid and close it is, the worse my 'cold' gets. but the lower pressure days give me watery itchy eyes.

there's no escape sad.gif

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Silver Star Ange...
post Jun 9 2004, 06:01 PM
Post #15

The Six Train.

Member No.: 636

Mine are terrible in the early days of May. After that, I'm okay.

--------------------
THE DREAM POLICE. D:
I am proudly e-married to Fluffy, I am honored to be the little sister of Righteous, and Lord of Darness is always on my mind. Smallcuteanddeadly is my noob! Yay!
Fear the wrath of my dragon, Lord Baltimore! I am willing to fight; I am a soldier of love. Speaker for the Lost is my e-pimp. Lol.

+Quote Post
arpeggiodreams
post Jun 9 2004, 09:23 PM
Post #16

salad dressing for is unsightly

Member No.: 755

I'm allergic to the sun. I'm a lifeguard. This is a hilarious joke played by nature.

My eyes swell up huge, and turn all red and stuff, and if it's hot, I'll break into hives.

I've got allergy shots, plus Singulair, plus Clairitin for when things are really bad.

My worst sun allergy was when I was driving my friend to her doctor in another town... we were on the freeway, and I couldn't see anything at all, and she couldn't drive because she was hemmoraging. It was really exciting, and when we got to the doctor, they didn't know which one was the sick one.

--------------------
I am too busy with all this dust and all these branches weighing on me
Proud member of the RPA--- saving the world,one irrelevancy at a time

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 10 2004, 11:28 AM
Post #17

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

As far as I know, I'm allergic to cats, dust, and feathers (although that may well be a dust issue).

I also must be allergic to some pollens, I suspect this includes rapeseed, which is becoming a massive cash crop in the UK and they keep planting huge fields of it outside my city.

I've not been too bad in terms of allergies for a long time, but for some reason this year has hit me really hard. It's the first time in about eight years that I've needed to track down medicine. Apparently you're supposed to grow out of allergies, and so I had assumed that was what was happening... Maybe it's all those new fields...

It might be worth finding if there are any cheap and chearful antihistamines about. Sure, Clarityn has the marketing budget, but you'll often find that cheaper brands have exactly the same ingredients without the cost of the adverts added on to the price. I use one by a company called Galpharm. It does the job and doesn't eat my money. Ask your chemist what they would recommend.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Jun 10 2004, 11:35 AM
Post #18

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

I'm allergic to penicillin. I've only been given it once, broke out into big red blotches which my doctor diagnosed as "big red blotches". Apparently if I have it again, it could be fatal. Good to know.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 10 2004, 11:47 AM
Post #19

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Hayfever is my biggie. Every year, from late May through to the end of July, I get the watery eyes, snuffly nose and sneezes. When it's really bad, I also get an itchy mouth and face (and ears too), sinus-provoked headaches, nosebleeds and even the occasional morning where my eyes have been welded shut. Mmmmmm! I also break out in a nasty itchy rash when I come into contact with strong pollens (such as lily pollen - yeuch!) Someone once told me that it's most likely Hawthorn pollen that gets me. Great, I'm only surrounded by the bloody stuff! dry.gif

I also have an allergic reaction to nylon. That's easier to cure, I just don't wear it! Nasty, itchy stuff anyway...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Jun 10 2004, 01:46 PM
Post #20

Empowe(red)

In a musical I was in last year a bunch of the girls had to wear masks. They quickly found out that they were allergic to latex because that's what the masks were made out of. Their faces ended up with hives and red splotches all over. blah...

--------------------

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
the lil' pie...
post Jun 10 2004, 02:11 PM
Post #21

Don't you just love hot water bottles?

Member No.: 160

QUOTE (leopold @ Jun 10 2004, 12:47 PM)
and even the occasional morning where my eyes have been welded shut. Mmmmmm! I also break out in a nasty itchy rash when I come into contact with strong pollens (such as lily pollen - yeuch!)

ooh, that's happened to me occasionally...had forgotten to dread that this year unsure.gif

i forgot, i'm allergic to tetanus shots. no treading on rusty nails/putting screwdrivers through my hands etc. when i had my first one, my arm swelled up three times it's normal size, not really usable. apparently, it's quite dangerous for me.

and i'm prone to treading on things, and stabbing my hands with screwdrivers whilst fixing glasses at work. huh.gif ah well

--------------------
It's not so bad being trendy, everyone who looks like me is my friend...

SHINY...

Freshers Flu is a buttmunch.

+Quote Post
Snugglebum the D...
post Jun 10 2004, 03:01 PM
Post #22

F*cking with the best since 1996

Member No.: 962

I'm allergic to penicillin

So is my dad!! Apparently it kills Guinea Pigs too.

<spam>

--------------------
Art should be an expression of what humanity is capable of imagining - not limited to representing that which surrounds us - Demetrios Vakras
funked)out_frog is my special Harem slave
Harem count: Markslut, xkitsurabamix, Black - Wings, Candice, Moop, Daedalus, The Lorax, Franken - Sarah, Artemisia, Cath, Wyvern, Saucy Tara, PsychWardMike, JimiJimi, Fallen Element, Smiler, Korbin Dallas, laenan kite, Valerie, Faerieryn, trunk_girl26, Sir Psycho Sexy, Steam Roxxor, pgrmdave, monkey_called_narth

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 10 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #23

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I don't know if I'm allergic to vanilla, but if there's too much of it around, I sneeze. But I do that with pepper and powders too, so *shrugs*

My asthma can kick up and start off some sort of allergy-type thing, but my asthma is worse in the winter. I take, or should take, Flonase every day and that takes care of it for me. I'm only allergic to bactroban, a certain medication. My dad was taking it once and spilled it all over the floor - "come help me pick it up!" rolleyes.gif I think the allergy is actually sulfa, but it's in the bactroban.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 01:41 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!